Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That's still the case. Nothing has changed with World On Fire.

Trinity's Blessing/Link combo with castanas is a World On Fire that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's no bad frame for doing damage besides the Nekros :colbert:

Edit: including Trinity. You just need to mass spam blessing and point an ogris at your feet.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
No, no, the Ash is pretty drat bad. :colbert:

That said, blade storm is pretty cathartic when you have a kill challenge. Just watch as that kill counter number goes up and up...

Liznak
Mar 9, 2012
Is the main goon clan doing alliance invites? Also is there a cap on how many random one man goon clans can be in the alliance? If not I'd like it if my clan "The Lords of Uranus" could be a part of it :D

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

seiferguy posted:

There's no bad frame for doing damage besides the Nekros :colbert:

Edit: including Trinity. You just need to mass spam blessing and point an ogris at your feet.

Ogris takes too long. Castanas have a crazy ROF and plenty of damage, use those and never have to see an enemy again.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

Ogris takes too long. Castanas have a crazy ROF and plenty of damage, use those and never have to see an enemy again.
Ogris has to deal with shot charge and reload, Penta has to deal with reload, Castanas doesn't have to deal with either. You chuck them out fast, and they reload fast just like other throwing weapons.

I can't even Desecrate decently when Denzine's doing this with his extreme range Trinity, it's ridiculous. Strap on the old Mk-1, Lato and Skana, and just chill there while they suck up XP.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Denzine posted:

Stug is best for Link shenanigans, don't even have to right click or anything!! :black101:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Oh, good news by the way for any people returning. The rank 4 test, the survival one, is currently bugged. And can't be completed.

Hurray!

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

sockpuppetclock posted:

Stug is best for Link shenanigans, don't even have to right click or anything!! :black101:

That's true, if you have the framerate Stug fuckin' owns for this.

I'm stuck with castanas.

Liznak
Mar 9, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

Oh, good news by the way for any people returning. The rank 4 test, the survival one, is currently bugged. And can't be completed.

Hurray!

good thing I'm rank 7 O_o, seems like a bog of that nature would be important to fix

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hurray!

I just did mine this morning and passed it. So that's..weird. And absolutely unlucky in your case :(

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hurray!

I did mine 14 hours ago and had no problems. Sword and gun too

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hurray!

I had this exact issue. Both times I killed all the mobs and the survival timed out without completing the mission. Leaving me standing around the void waiting for a completion.

Until, I didn't kill off all the mobs right away. If you kill the waves too quick I think the spawns bug out and the game doesn't recognize that you completed it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I just did mine this morning and passed it. So that's..weird. And absolutely unlucky in your case :(

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I did mine 14 hours ago and had no problems. Sword and gun too

You're both rather lucky apparently, then. It's A Thing on the forums right now, amongst rail and melee whining of course.

:argh:

What's the goto way to grind up to rank six, by the way? Nothing but leveling up (new) guns and clearing sectors?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gamerofthegame posted:

What's the goto way to grind up to rank six, by the way? Nothing but leveling up (new) guns and clearing sectors?
The majority is gonna be weapons, yeah. If you've already got a serious business gun or two that you have maxed out (as in rank 30, not necessarily fully modded and forma'd several times), just make stuff that looks/sounds fun and go nuts.

Don't forget that getting a new frame to 30 the first time will also provide a good chunk of mastery (twice as much as a weapon).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

You're both rather lucky apparently, then. It's A Thing on the forums right now, amongst rail and melee whining of course.

Frames levels count for twice as much as weapons when ranking up.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Dawnfire posted:

I had this exact issue. Both times I killed all the mobs and the survival timed out without completing the mission. Leaving me standing around the void waiting for a completion.

Until, I didn't kill off all the mobs right away. If you kill the waves too quick I think the spawns bug out and the game doesn't recognize that you completed it.

It bugged out for me 3 times, and then the 4th time I unequipped my sentinel and just ran around without attacking any enemies and it worked. The 3rd time I tried running around but left my sentinel equipped, and it still failed. Whether my actions had anything to do with anything is anyone's guess.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sentinels are also good for mastery. You get to level the equivalent of another frame and weapon alongside your actual ones.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Crigit posted:

It bugged out for me 3 times, and then the 4th time I unequipped my sentinel and just ran around without attacking any enemies and it worked. The 3rd time I tried running around but left my sentinel equipped, and it still failed. Whether my actions had anything to do with anything is anyone's guess.

Maybe the bug is triggered by killing everything. I just stood in the centre and meleed anything that came at me, but when the timer ran out I still had spawns alive

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I had the rank 4 test bug the hell out as well, then the 2nd attempt worked fine with no changes to approach. It seems to arbitrarily fail, just like things with a 24h cooldown should probably be prone to!

sockpuppetclock posted:

Stug is the best period, it became my favorite gun so far in less than a day by a huge margin. The Bio-rifle lives!

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 19, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Guys we're losing the rail conflict!

This system is so dumb.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
It's okay, we only need to run 73,000 missions and we'll get control! I mean that should be totally easy for any clan right???

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Don't you only need to finish with more HP than the other rail?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Do we have a contesting rail? Last time I checked we (the Gooner Alliance) still had its 6 rails in storage. Did one of our clans drop a rail by themselves?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, it's one of the sectors in Venus. Dark Sectors are pretty cool when there's no contesting going on, but as soon as there is they totally go to poo poo due to DE not even remotely thinking things through. Shame.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

sleeptalker posted:

Don't you only need to finish with more HP than the other rail?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think on the livestream they said a challenger HAD to kill the other rail otherwise the incumbent wins automatically (minus whatever damage you did that they have to repair) to prevent people from just dumping rails or some other reason that was really dumb. I'll try and find it.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

Do we have a contesting rail? Last time I checked we (the Gooner Alliance) still had its 6 rails in storage. Did one of our clans drop a rail by themselves?

Only warlords of alliance clans can place alliance rails, i.e., clan leaders and not people who stay up till 2am like me and Denzine. The window is also ridiculously and incredibly short; even if you click it as soon as it's available to be placed and click through the dialogs as fast as you can, it still might not deploy.

DangerDan posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think on the livestream they said a challenger HAD to kill the other rail otherwise the incumbent wins automatically (minus whatever damage you did that they have to repair) to prevent people from just dumping rails or some other reason that was really dumb. I'll try and find it.

If this is true, basically nobody would ever lose their rails.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Yeah, I'm aware of the tiny window and the small amount of people who can actually use it. And yes, it's a Clan, not an Alliance Rail. Me and a mate stopped farming for the Katana stance (that never seems to drop anyway) and started grinding for the Goon rail.

:arghfist::xd: Also stop telling me to get to extraction Lemonking, I know what I'm doing.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Feindfeuer posted:

:arghfist::xd: Also stop telling me to get to extraction Lemonking, I know what I'm doing.

I think having clan leaders and members yelling things at you is my favorite part of the rail missions

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Do they give you any control over what the clan leaders say? I ran a couple and the only messages I saw were super-generic boring stuff.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ElegantFugue posted:

Do they give you any control over what the clan leaders say? I ran a couple and the only messages I saw were super-generic boring stuff.
Sadly, no. That generic stuff can still be kind of funny when you run a mission for the opposing clan and start sending messages to yourself, though.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
There is a promo going on right now. I think its kinda crappy though. Buy 170 plat for 10.49 through paypal and get a free Yomo Syandana. 170 plat is that price normally anyways and I'm not sure if the plat discount works with this deal or not.

https://warframe.com/promo-sku

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Holy poo poo, the other dark sector spot in Venus actually finished. That clan has to be out of their bloody gourd to have finished so quickly!

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

DangerDan posted:

Nope, you only have to run it enough to damage the other's rail more then they damage yours. They still need to lower the maximum hp because hardly anybody is going to drain the HP down to 0

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just want to throw out a thanks to Aoasha and DojiSekushi for giving me a bunch of useful mods and helping me out with various missions to get new Warframes and whatnot, plus answering all my superdumb questions. It really improved my enjoyment of the game, thanks guys :3: PS4ce is the best.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

For those who think rhino or rhino prime is a god and can't be killed have never ran nightmare modes on Pluto much or other outer planets. I can say from experience I hate them but they did make it possible for me to run around surviving a lot better because they are so painful. By the time you get off a stomp in the open the iron skin is gone and so is some of your hp. If you think the game has no more challenge for you because you are rank 14 or finally done leveling the crappy guns to hit 15. Do some nightmare modes, challenge yourself to survive a full run without dying in one of the outer planets. Normally I have no issue running though nodes with no issue, but nightmare mode made me take a second look at how I play. I felt like I first started again and had my rear end handed to me. I started taking cover to roar+stomp instead of standing in the middle of a crowd. Started strafing more and rolling to get out of their line of site to reload or let shields regen and reapply iron skin. T3 is a joke to m anymore. Loki+galatine chop chop chop no real challenge. Nightmare.... Ugh I lost 2 lives to solo Pluto nightmare today for a mod alert I already had for a spy mission. It really brings back the challenge, frustration and sometimes fun back into the game. And it makes it a lot easier to grind out crappy weapons that much easier when just running as valkyr who only has 150 shield to never need to use my ult till 25mins.

Also for those who's melee breaks(can't swing), jump into a hole a few times to reset it. This also works for the carrier if he feels like he doesn't want to pick anything up.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Boy Stalker sure likes to come when you're stuck in a defense vote countdown.

He's learning :tinfoil:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Shugojin posted:

Boy Stalker sure likes to come when you're stuck in a defense vote countdown.

He's learning :tinfoil:

Didn't they just say they fixed that? Dudes been doing that for ages and they never fix it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

randombattle posted:

Didn't they just say they fixed that? Dudes been doing that for ages and they never fix it.

Happened to us like half an hour ago farming Akkad. He did tiny attacks to Einwand during the countdown and then finished him off right as the timer finished and we were allowed to move again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Your Sentinels didn't murder him?

Shameful.