Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nephrite posted:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!yJh3nLoB!vJxZN2N-viUSpnMgRVPITw

This has both the AG and Alpha versions that should work in non-XP platforms. Let me know if you have any trouble with them.

Thanks, I previously had an old XP laptop where I would make changes to the save. I was essentially playing through each split, going to the end and editing the save to add in the secrets I would get for finishing the split. Partially because UX style secrets being unlocked on repeat playthroughs would have been wonderful for Alpha, and secondly to see how many secrets it can take being unlocked without breaking down.

I remember when I was experimenting with OG2nd, I wound up duplicating the Octo-Squad by accident and couldn't get rid of them, and that actually lead to the game being unwinnable because Carla and Yuki just refused to spawn since the army was "full" so that chapter ended up auto-failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

Hibiki doesn't get a sphere until really late in the game. Like 3 stages from the end late.

Wait, he doesn't have one early? I thought he had half of it (it being the Quarreling Twins and thus in two pieces) and that's how he summoned Gemion/did his super speed stuff in a couple very early stages. If it isn't, how did he do that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Prism posted:

Wait, he doesn't have one early? I thought he had half of it (it being the Quarreling Twins and thus in two pieces) and that's how he summoned Gemion/did his super speed stuff in a couple very early stages. If it isn't, how did he do that?

Major plot spoilers:

Gadlight (drunk hobo guy always found in bars) is the one who has the Sphere in his Geminas. The Quarelling Twins' power is to reverse feelings, AKA he can spark conflict from what is supposed to be peaceful talks and vice verse.

Genion, piloted by Hibiki, is an machine designed to imitate the capabilities of the Geminas. For most of the game it's worse storyline wise because it's a knockoff and doesn't have the Sphere. Gameplay-wise, Hibiki can only use the GAI mode for 1 turn per map.

Dude called Advent is following Hibiki around, trying to judge if Hibiki is worthy to inherit the Sphere from Gadlight.

Late in the game, Advent gets killed, and this serves as the catalyst for Hibiki to get the Sphere from Geminas. He gets GAI mode permanently along with a new finisher.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pureauthor posted:

Major plot spoilers:

Gadlight (drunk hobo guy always found in bars) is the one who has the Sphere in his Geminas. The Quarelling Twins' power is to reverse feelings, AKA he can spark conflict from what is supposed to be peaceful talks and vice verse.

Genion, piloted by Hibiki, is an machine designed to imitate the capabilities of the Geminas. For most of the game it's worse storyline wise because it's a knockoff and doesn't have the Sphere. Gameplay-wise, Hibiki can only use the GAI mode for 1 turn per map.

Dude called Advent is following Hibiki around, trying to judge if Hibiki is worthy to inherit the Sphere from Gadlight.

Late in the game, Advent gets killed, and this serves as the catalyst for Hibiki to get the Sphere from Geminas. He gets GAI mode permanently along with a new finisher.

That makes a lot of sense. Some of that I assume is from later than I am, but that's the way it always goes.

I'm still unclear how he did the super speed, then, to grab Suzune in stage 4, and again later on - I forget what stage it was, like 9 or 10.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Char's Spiral Labyrinth is Gundam-san.

The rest of UC's is AGE.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Don't usually make these posts for single BGMs but I reckon this warranted an exception:

It's been too long...now where's my Hi-Nu Gundam, Banpresto?!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just hope Z3.2 has a more fleshed out Sazabi instead of Nightingale, because man Nightingale is ugly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Roger's Spiral Labyrinth is watching the Big O finale over and over just saying "This? This is my ending?"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Don't usually make these posts for single BGMs but I reckon this warranted an exception:

It's been too long...now where's my Hi-Nu Gundam, Banpresto?!

:allears::allears::allears:
Goddammit I need to buy this game tout de loving suite.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wait how do you do the 1 turn GAI change? I thought it was purely for plot.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

BlitzBlast posted:

I just hope Z3.2 has a more fleshed out Sazabi instead of Nightingale, because man Nightingale is ugly.

Wow, get the hell out, we've only gotten Nightingale in like two games! I'd kill for Nightingale to appear in Z3.2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Wait how do you do the 1 turn GAI change? I thought it was purely for plot.

It gets unlocked later in the story and needs 130 morale to trigger.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Wow, get the hell out, we've only gotten Nightingale in like two games! I'd kill for Nightingale to appear in Z3.2.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Way more visually appealing than Sazabi at least.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nightingale is pretty much an obese Sazabi with poo poo bolted on to it for seemingly no reason and entirely hosed proportions. Why does its crotch need to be almost as long as its gun? What's the point of keeping the Sazabi's propellant tanks if you're just going to shove two bigger ones under the now even larger rear end? Why even make its rear end so big if you're not going to at least go the Qubeley route and throw in more funnels? Why move the funnels from small, easy to manage racks on the back to loving massive shoulders if you're not at least going to throw in a recharge rack? And of course, the kicker, why make something so loving huge if you're not going to give it an I-field like most other Mobile Armors? That shield isn't going to do poo poo.

It's just a clusterfuck of :psyduck: design and looks horrid. I'm glad it's only ever shown up in two SRW games, everyone should just try to forget it ever existed.

EDIT: V That's so amazingly stupid I believe it.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 19, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It doesn't have an i-field because Char considers it cheating, iirc.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Yeah, I think the design of the Nightingale owns bones and it's a criminal shame there's never been a proper model kit made of it. But even if it does get in it's probably going to be a secret and/or you'll get to keep the Sazabi, so don't worry about it. It's probably not even getting in anyway.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Nightingale is pretty much an obese Sazabi with poo poo bolted on to it for seemingly no reason and entirely hosed proportions. Why does its crotch need to be almost as long as its gun? What's the point of keeping the Sazabi's propellant tanks if you're just going to shove two bigger ones under the now even larger rear end? Why even make its rear end so big if you're not going to at least go the Qubeley route and throw in more funnels? Why move the funnels from small, easy to manage racks on the back to loving massive shoulders if you're not at least going to throw in a recharge rack? And of course, the kicker, why make something so loving huge if you're not going to give it an I-field like most other Mobile Armors? That shield isn't going to do poo poo.

It's just a clusterfuck of :psyduck: design and looks horrid. I'm glad it's only ever shown up in two SRW games, everyone should just try to forget it ever existed.

EDIT: V That's so amazingly stupid I believe it.

Also why is its rifle so gently caress ugly. Seriously, I have my Hi-Nu holding a bazooka for that exact reason, and Nightingale seems to have the same drat problem.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It looks like a Sazabi that someone melted halfway and then stretched like taffy.

I used to be a big fan of the Sazabi too, but now I love the Gerbera Tetra as far as red Zeon suits go. I guess we won't see it in Z though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest, with the way things are going, we probably won't see Gerbera Tetra until Build Fighters gets in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if licensing Build Fighters lets them cheat and sneak in all the Gundam suits and characters for the price of one show. All the characters cameo at some point and pretty much every main mobile suit does too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I wonder if licensing Build Fighters lets them cheat and sneak in all the Gundam suits and characters for the price of one show. All the characters cameo at some point and pretty much every main mobile suit does too.

Probably not. I suspect that if you get Build Fighters you only really get the customized units. MAYBE Beginning Gundam/Commando Gundam since they were uncustomized but piloted by protagonists.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Probably not. I suspect that if you get Build Fighters you only really get the customized units. MAYBE Beginning Gundam/Commando Gundam since they were uncustomized but piloted by protagonists.

That's pretty unlikely though since both of their pilots have units that they'd be much better off in unless Beginning and Commando suddenly become god units.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

That's pretty unlikely though since both of their pilots have units that they'd be much better off in unless Beginning and Commando suddenly become god units.

I don't know, Commando Gundam had a much better showing than Miss Sazabi did!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure Banpresto doesn't have to get licences for any Gundam series because they're part of Bandai Namco, who also has the Gundam IP.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, Commando Gundam had a much better showing than Miss Sazabi did!

Fair point, hell I forgot that it still had funnels, it fought so little.

KoB
May 1, 2009
God drat Zech's Ace bonus is great.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm so glad the Mobile Suit track exists. I've replaced pretty much all the Zeta units BGM with it.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Levantine posted:

I'm so glad the Mobile Suit track exists. I've replaced pretty much all the Zeta units BGM with it.

Indeed. I'm gonna need either Unicorn or custom soundtrack in all games with Zeta Gundam that don't have "Zeta Activates" available.

I can only take so much "MS in the Flash"...

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

KoB posted:

God drat Zech's Ace bonus is great.
I had to go look this up and my jaw dropped.

"At launch, applies "Accel" Spirit Command to every ally"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are a huge chunk of the ace bonuses completely insane this time as well, or just a few people's?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are a huge chunk of the ace bonuses completely insane this time as well, or just a few people's?

The usual suspects are as broken as in Saisei-hen but a few got new, crazy bonuses.

There's Zechs, there's Chiriko's Abnormal Survival activating at 30% HP and there's...Tieria:

quote:

At 130 will, applies "Analyze" Spirit Command to all enemies every turn

:psyboom:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I had to go look this up and my jaw dropped.

"At launch, applies "Accel" Spirit Command to every ally"

I saw it on Akurasu and just had to B-line him straight to Ace. Its just so nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It depends. There's a pretty noticable gap between some but there are very few which are just worthless, there are just some which are completely crazy too. (Alto.)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
No that one is definitely a bit of an anomaly - like I would have expected it to just be on his team, not the entire goddamn army.

There's a couple that are really powerful (basically anything that is 1.2x damage under certain conditions is really strong). The rest are about what you'd expect - nice bumps and neat when they serve their purpose.

There's a couple of really bad ones too. Anything that deals with enemy will is bad as usual, like Roger's. Outside of Roger's crappy will one, Kei's is probably the next worthless, it's +3 stats for every female in his team. Maybe it counts for subpilots and you can hook him up with Nova or something for a few extra stat points, I don't know.

Brunom1 posted:

The usual suspects are as broken as in Saisei-hen but a few got new, crazy bonuses.

There's Zechs, there's Chiriko's Abnormal Survival activating at 30% HP and there's...Tieria:

:psyboom:
Yeah on second thought, a 10% global damage buff is pretty twisted and probably up there in the insane category.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 19, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

There's a couple of really bad ones too. Anything that deals with enemy will is bad as usual, like Roger's. Outside of Roger's crappy will one, Kei's is probably the next worthless, it's +3 stats for every female in his team. Maybe it counts for subpilots and you can hook him up with Nova or something for a few extra stat points, I don't know.

Kei's is +3 for each female in his team and +3 for each female pilot in surrounding teams. That is insanely powerful.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Most of those stats are wasted on him since he's already so good at what he does, so he's basically gaining 3 ranged attack and 3 skill for crits for purposes of killing, maybe 6-12 depending if subpilots count (god I would hope it does though). Giving it to adjacent team members is all right. The wiki implies it's adjacent though so it's a bit limited.

Still, in terms of relating his bonus PP value that's really bad in the face of 1.2x damage ace bonuses and such. If you want to count ALL of the stat bonuses then yeah I guess it's okay but honestly I think having more defensive stuff on Kei is pointless since he's practically god tier anyway.

I mean it's clearly a massive nerf from the previous games where he had a flat 1.2x damage bonus for being near women in the Z2 series.

Worthless may be a little strong on my part, heh.

[e]Oh I misread it, it's receiving the bonus for adjacent females, not giving it. Mmm, that's a little better. Still think his old one was way better.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 19, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Most of those stats are wasted on him since he's already so good at what he does, so he's basically gaining 3 ranged attack and 3 skill for crits for purposes of killing, maybe 6-12 depending if subpilots count (god I would hope it does though). Giving it to adjacent team members is all right. The wiki implies it's adjacent though so it's a bit limited.

Still, in terms of relating his bonus PP value that's really bad in the face of 1.2x damage ace bonuses and such. If you want to count ALL of the stat bonuses then yeah I guess it's okay but honestly I think having more defensive stuff on Kei is pointless since he's practically god tier anyway.

I mean it's clearly a massive nerf from the previous games where he had a flat 1.2x damage bonus for being near women in the Z2 series.

Worthless may be a little strong on my part, heh.

The +3 to skill/pilot is also big for Attack Again. It makes it much easier to assure a second free attack.

It's not super-duper broken like some but it's still very good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Is Zero's still as busted as it was in Z2.2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Is Zero's still as busted as it was in Z2.2?

Nope. He gives free PP now so it's pretty strong but in a kind of boring way.

Noriko gets his old ace bonus but it functions differently.

• Locked thread