Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. He gives free PP now so it's pretty strong but in a kind of boring way.
Wait, if Zero gives free PP, does Watta still give free PP? Because if so I'm just gonna toss them both in the same squad and call it the moral support brigade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Wait, if Zero gives free PP, does Watta still give free PP? Because if so I'm just gonna toss them both in the same squad and call it the moral support brigade.

Zero gives you PP when you use Tactical Command, Watta gives PP at the end of the stage.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Basically Ryouma still has the best Ace Bonus and nobody else even comes close.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brunom1 posted:

There's Zechs, there's Chiriko's Abnormal Survival activating at 30% HP and there's...Tieria:

:psyboom:

Too bad the Raphael is such a pile of poo poo that it's in the running for one of the worst non-grunt mobile suits in the game.

Seriously, Banpresto? You couldn't give it a single P attack? Even the lovely beam rifle?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

WrightOfWay posted:

Basically Ryouma still has the best Ace Bonus and nobody else even comes close.

It does take a crapload of Will to activate, but that's okay because it's Ryouma and he's going to get a lot of will anyway.

Also, I'm a fan of the Nightengale purely because it's a mix of the Zeong, The O, and the Qubeley in Char Custom colors. That thing is the final boss for the classic UC timeline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

It does take a crapload of Will to activate, but that's okay because it's Ryouma and he's going to get a lot of will anyway.

Also, I'm a fan of the Nightengale purely because it's a mix of the Zeong, The O, and the Qubeley in Char Custom colors. That thing is the final boss for the classic UC timeline.

Well, now we have the Neo-Zeong.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It has The O's sub-arms and the Qubeley's wings + rear end, but there's nothing Zeong about it beyond Char being the pilot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

there's nothing Zeong about it beyond Char being the pilot.

It's huge and the pilot sits in the head. :colbert:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Kanos posted:

Too bad the Raphael is such a pile of poo poo that it's in the running for one of the worst non-grunt mobile suits in the game.

Seriously, Banpresto? You couldn't give it a single P attack? Even the lovely beam rifle?

Hit and Away + Making him sub to a unit with a lot of P attacks. It's easy to fix.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ShiunTouya posted:

Hit and Away + Making him sub to a unit with a lot of P attacks. It's easy to fix.

It shouldn't need to be fixed in the first place, god drat it. The Raphael didn't have a chance to do anything in the movie besides fly in and blow itself up instantly, SRW is supposed to be where dreams come true. :qq:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
You want units that got completely shafted, look at the Mordred and Tristan in Z2.2. Anya's animations are bland as gently caress and Gino's are actively terrible, and they each have 2 attacks total. The Sutherland Sieg and Vincent weren't exactly awe-inspiring either.

At least you can get Gino up to like 20 move for shits.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm kinda disappointed that Mazinger doesn't have Kanjite Knight for its BGM, so I ended up just using the Z2 version until I can find a better instrumental version I guess. Was kinda tempted to use the SRW OE version for maximum trumpets. Will probably use Yuusou for Shin Getter once I get that. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to try out different tracks for the Zeta units because I'm not that big a fan of Senkou no Naka no MS.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I never watched the movie but I was surprised to see Lockon isn't even a sniper anymore. His mech is just guns guns guns and more guns. And two haros.

Endorph posted:

You want units that got completely shafted, look at the Mordred and Tristan in Z2.2. Anya's animations are bland as gently caress and Gino's are actively terrible, and they each have 2 attacks total. The Sutherland Sieg and Vincent weren't exactly awe-inspiring either.

At least you can get Gino up to like 20 move for shits.
They should have never joined you in the first place imo, whoever the Code Geass fan is on the team got a little carried away I think

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there some reason I can't find the actual opening to Aquarion Evol on Youtube, just the song? Is Youtube or the publisher clamping down on that or something? Are my search terms ("aquarion evol opening") wrong?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there some reason I can't find the actual opening to Aquarion Evol on Youtube, just the song? Is Youtube or the publisher clamping down on that or something? Are my search terms ("aquarion evol opening") wrong?
Youtube's been getting pretty tight-assed about anime openings lately, weirdly.

http://vimeo.com/72054834

Here it is on vimeo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

Youtube's been getting pretty tight-assed about anime openings lately, weirdly.

http://vimeo.com/72054834

Here it is on vimeo.
That's weird. Unlike Youtube, Vimeo has a rule right up front about stuff you upload being your own product. It should be there even less than it should be on Youtube.

Anyway, lots of flowers and boobs and stuff. About what I expected.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 20, 2014

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Blame Funimation, basically.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm kinda disappointed that Mazinger doesn't have Kanjite Knight for its BGM, so I ended up just using the Z2 version until I can find a better instrumental version I guess. Was kinda tempted to use the SRW OE version for maximum trumpets. Will probably use Yuusou for Shin Getter once I get that. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to try out different tracks for the Zeta units because I'm not that big a fan of Senkou no Naka no MS.

Kanjite Knight is in the game IIRC.

Rascyc posted:

They should have never joined you in the first place imo, whoever the Code Geass fan is on the team got a little carried away I think

Eh, Gino and Anya join the fight against Lelouch in the canonical show. It makes sense for them to be on your side if you go up against Emperor Lelouch.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 20, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ImpAtom posted:

Kanjite Knight is in the game IIRC.

If it is, it's probably a hidden track which doesn't make any sense at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One thing I've wondered ever since I learned of Gundam Unicorn is, why is the Nu-Gundam's symbol a unicorn? What connection to they have? Or is it just completely accidental (from the writing point of view)?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 20, 2014

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Isn't the Nu Gundam's symbol just an extra-stylized A (for Amuro)?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hokuto posted:

Isn't the Nu Gundam's symbol just an extra-stylized A (for Amuro)?
I dunno, you tell me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Nu Gundam's symbol is a unicorn because that is Amuro's insignia. It is Amuro's insignia because if you shorten Unicorn you get UC.

Also the Unicorn is essentially the successor to the Nu in that it further utilizes pscyhoframe, but beyond that they just named it that because reasons.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Samurai Sanders posted:

One thing I've wondered ever since I learned of Gundam Unicorn is, why is the Nu-Gundam's symbol a unicorn? What connection to they have? Or is it just be completely accidental (from the writing point of view)?
The unicorn could be a reference to Amuro's emblem, I wouldn't be surprised. As for why Amuro has it? it just looks swell

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, you tell me.

I've never seen that unicorn on it before. The standard emblem looks more like this.

It's an A, for Amuro.

Edit: Oh I see, the unicorn is shown on the shield, the shoulder is just the A.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The emblem on the Nu's shield has always been more stylized since they have more room for flashy stuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amuro's custom Zeta Gundam was also the White Unicorn. (Amuro's name while piloting it was "White Unicorn.")

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Amuro's custom Zeta Gundam was also the White Unicorn. (Amuro's name while piloting it was "White Unicorn.")
So...basically it couldn't be a coincidence, right? Unicorn was written well after CCA, right? Is it ever referenced in the book?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

So...basically it couldn't be a coincidence, right? Unicorn was written well after CCA, right? Is it ever referenced in the book?

It's probably not a coincidence but it is probably just following the usual trend of OYW references in Unicorn. Just like Full Frontal is made of Char references, Unicorn is made of Amuro references.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It's probably not a coincidence but it is probably just following the usual trend of OYW references in Unicorn. Just like Full Frontal is made of Char references, Unicorn is made of Amuro references.
Of course Full Frontal is made of Char, but that's talked about plenty in the story. What's the connection between Unicorn and Amuro specifically? It was created as part of a plan started long before Amuro was born, right?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Of course not. Amuro's been around for 35 years, Unicorn only started like 5 years ago!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Unicorn was the final part of said plan. It was made after CCA because psychoframe hadn't been invented yet.

There is no real connection between the Unicorn and Amuro beyond the name. Banagher and the Unicorn are pretty much just references to Gundam leads and lead suits as a whole.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Of course Full Frontal is made of Char, but that's talked about plenty in the story. What's the connection between Unicorn and Amuro specifically? It was created as part of a plan started long before Amuro was born, right?

There's no intentional in-universe connection. It's just unintentional, like how Banagher will drop an Amuro quote because of course he will.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Midjack posted:

It's huge and the pilot sits in the head. :colbert:

It's shorter than the Sazabi despite already having its legs. It's just fat.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whats this choice I'm getting before mission 49?

e: oh nevermind, just another recap thing.

KoB fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 20, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only super tenuous connection between Amuro and the Unicorn is that the Unicorn's psycoframe was made the same way the Nu Gundam's was.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm in a position to buy another super-upgrade from AG's store, which one should it be? I already have the hakai emblem. Does anyone have experience with that "gain meter", which generates money at a rate of 500 per space moved? How much money does it end up being?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm in a position to buy another super-upgrade from AG's store, which one should it be? I already have the hakai emblem. Does anyone have experience with that "gain meter", which generates money at a rate of 500 per space moved? How much money does it end up being?

It isn't really worth it. There's another item you can get later on which gives you money based on the damage you deal which is way more effective.

I'd just hold off unless you have a really good item unlocked. It isn't worth spending Z-Chips right away. The "1.2 damage at 130 morale" or the "Afterimage/Jammer/D-Fault" items are both great. The latter basically makes any auto-deploys worth using if nothing else.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't really worth it. There's another item you can get later on which gives you money based on the damage you deal which is way more effective.

I'd just hold off unless you have a really good item unlocked. It isn't worth spending Z-Chips right away. The "1.2 damage at 130 morale" or the "Afterimage/Jammer/D-Fault" items are both great. The latter basically makes any auto-deploys worth using if nothing else.
I have both of those available, so I guess I'll choose the defensive one, for when a unit of mine just absolutely positively can't be destroyed.

edit: drat it, it didn't keep Aquarion from being destroyed in that last mission and causing a game over.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hah just realized that I never have to see the zero system activation ever again because Heero already hits the stage with it activated. I'll probably get the Chimera's Membership Card for him just to see how far I can push it, considering that I've already fallen into the trap of making him the best pilot.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 20, 2014

• Locked thread