Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

75k at Hemmings http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/detomaso/pantera/1612086.html

God I love Panteras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

Still the best thing to do with a dana 35 or chrysler 7.25

A friend of mine made a lawnmower out of a Volvo 240 rear end, and he used his OTHER 240 idling along in low gear to mow his 5 acre yard with the radio and AC on in the summer.

He may be the smartest man I know.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Pham Nuwen posted:

ffffffffuuuuuUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk

that car

there are not enough studebakers in this thread

Here's a couple that I saw at a car show last summer:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This is the most brilliant thing ever

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

The little old lady from Pasadena sold her super stock Dodge for that thing?

Pham Nuwen posted:

This is the most brilliant thing ever

It's so stupid that it becomes totally awesome.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

When I was a kid doodling supercars all over the place I was accidentally drawing that exact profile without even knowing it existed in real life. :allears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

in_absentia posted:

I work as an IT consultant, and one of my clients is a body shop that is located in what most would consider Nowhere, MS. These folks have some really cool cars and have done some awesome restorations, but what they have in the shop now is a very, very special car.

To preface this, I'm posing an article on the car from AllPar.com:
http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/motown.html

The car has been moved from Canada and is now being restored. Here is a photo dump I shamelessly stole from their facebook page as I would feel weird taking pictures while I'm "on the job".

With this, all 3 Missile cars will have been saved!

holy loving poo poo

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MullardEL34 posted:

Awesomeness

Thanks for this, I had no idea this happened on such a massive scale. Just look at them all!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

Still the best thing to do with a dana 35 or chrysler 7.25

I feel like if you did this with a 7.5" 10-bolt and a friend that's too fat, you'd still risk blowing it up.

Beach Bum posted:

A friend of mine made a lawnmower out of a Volvo 240 rear end, and he used his OTHER 240 idling along in low gear to mow his 5 acre yard with the radio and AC on in the summer.

He may be the smartest man I know.

That is amazing and awesome(ly dangerous). I'm envisioning a murderblade on the scale of the zombie-killing contraptions in HL2's Ravenholm.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

I feel like if you did this with a 7.5" 10-bolt and a friend that's too fat, you'd still risk blowing it up.

That is amazing and awesome(ly dangerous). I'm envisioning a murderblade on the scale of the zombie-killing contraptions in HL2's Ravenholm.

I have pictures on my old phone, I will be sure to dig them up. He actually welded up a deck and everything, pretty safe setup. The guy has been autocrossing and working on cars twice as long as I've been alive (50+ yrs).

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
How much energy would a long (4'?), heavy steel blade suddenly letting go at high RPM have? Enough to punch through any sane amount of steel enclosure?

Duh, it's red.

Backov fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 20, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What color is the heavy steel blade?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Backov posted:

How much energy would a long (4'?), heavy steel blade suddenly letting go at high RPM have? Enough to punch through any sane amount of steel enclosure?

Duh, it's red.
Would you trust your own welding on something being dragged ten feet behind you when you're sat in an enclosed car, or on the lowest-bid Chinese assembly eight inches from your ankles?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Backov posted:

Duh, it's red.

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3D4FN5cdZk

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Backov posted:

Duh, it's red.

I've had the blade on my normal riding lawnmower come flying apart while in the middle of mowing. It made a nice dent in the mower deck, but didn't manage to actually pierce it.

And by come apart, I mean the last 7-8 inches of steel on one of the blades snapped off in one big chunk and went off on its own.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

KEEEE-RYST!!!! :wth:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That noise is beautiful and horrifying.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just the sound of that thing makes me want to duck under my desk.

When the video first started, I was expecting the standard big chainsaw setup, not the whip-whip-whip of a giant prop.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jesus, I swear I can hear those blades flexing. :stare:

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
That needs to be a playable character in the next version of twisted metal

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

When the video first started, I was expecting the standard big chainsaw setup, not the whip-whip-whip of a giant prop.

My reaction as well. At first I was "that's kind of cool, seems like an awfully big machine for the job though."

And then the propeller started up. :stare:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
dude driving that better be wearing a leather codpiece and metal hockey mask

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
That is :stonklol::respek::black101:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

xzzy posted:

My reaction as well. At first I was "that's kind of cool, seems like an awfully big machine for the job though."

And then the propeller started up. :stare:

Mine was similar to that. "What is that beam, a big chainsaw or som- :stonklol:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Saw this at the shops. The convertible roof and bed cover were both fabric.

The headlights look like they're from a Neon.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

holy loving poo poo, it's like Mad Max the Lawncare Expert

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Look at the debris flying off that thing. Hopefully that terrible sound makes any animal take off long before it arrives.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
I couldn't decide where this belonged. I didn't know any of these were still on the road. It's probably been 10 years since I've seen one in the wild. Somewhere around an '89 Dodge Dakota Sport Convertible 4x4. Dodge was a little late to the Late-80's convertible mini-truck party when these came out. The first soft-top truck since, what, the Model-T? I think the 4x4 version was even rarer. I can't find production numbers to be sure. This was was in pretty decent shape for a 25 year old vehicle.

I remember these when they came out. They weren't too popular then and only sold around 3000 over the three-year run. At the time I was intrigued by the concept of a factory soft top pickup 4x4 by was too poor to act on it. Now I think it'd make a pretty fun offroader for those nice days when you could drop the top.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
All I heard from what you said was "I am asking to be convinced to buy an M715."

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

kastein posted:

All I heard from what you said was "I am asking to be convinced to buy an M715."

It wouldn't take much. A couple of them frequent the off road park near me. They make my Rangie look like a toy next to them. I no longer need the Rover as a daily driver. I can sell it and get whatever I please. Hmmmmm

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/m715.htm

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Kill-9 posted:

It wouldn't take much. A couple of them frequent the off road park near me. They make my Rangie look like a toy next to them. I no longer need the Rover as a daily driver. I can sell it and get whatever I please. Hmmmmm

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/m715.htm

come awwwwwn. don't go to the dark side.

(I don't blame you. you've been through hell with that thing in the past year)

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

come awwwwwn. don't go to the dark side.

(I don't blame you. you've been through hell with that thing in the past year)

I can't get rid of it now. I've literally replaced everything under the hood except the coolant expansion tank and valve covers in the last 2000 miles. I should just do those and be done with it. :-) Like many Rover owners I have a love/hate relationship with my truck.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you have the original black tank, ditch it asap.

I hated mine a little less today.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

If you have the original black tank, ditch it asap.

I hated mine a little less today.

It's the white plastic one. I'm sure it'll find someplace fun to strand me.

Combining your photo with a Rover to come full circle.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah, Eau Rouge

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wonder if they leak any less at such angles.

wait. no, they don't.

I have a few different tanks laying around. :v:

back half of a 2 door mated to the front half of a 4 door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Wonder if they leak any less at such angles.

wait. no, they don't.

That's how they drain the water out :ssh: