Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oops, I guess I consider Hella the "main" Zach Hill band so I meant like....everything other than Hella he's up to. I mark out for all Hella releases.

Both Hella and Death Grips have been extremely influential on contemporary music so Zach Hill certainly is doing something right. Mad respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
holy poo poo, never heard of these guys until I saw this thread

this poo poo owns

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

holy poo poo, never heard of these guys until I saw this thread

this poo poo owns

word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MHhLDCJ57E

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Griff Lee posted:

Both Hella and Death Grips have been extremely influential on contemporary music so Zach Hill certainly is doing something right. Mad respect.

I wouldn't say this post is an extremely accurate one.

Don We Now
Apr 18, 2005

For those of you who don't habla espanola, "El Poptart" is Spanish for.... The Poptart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2cQvZPX3OY

"You might think he loves you for your money but I know what he really loves you for it's your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat" is the best song title ever. This song makes me want to gently caress some poo poo up. Any guesses as to what Stefan is on in the video? :lol:

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

WASDF posted:

I wouldn't say this post is an extremely accurate one.

I agree actually I exaggerated

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Don We Now posted:

Any guesses as to what Stefan is on in the video? :lol:

He's listening to Death Grips.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
DG influenced Del tha funky homosapien to make a solo effort that wasn't poo poo and that's good enough for me.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Whoever described this sound as something that makes you want to split your forehead open on a cinderblock was spot on. I've had No Love & Ex-Military on repeat the last few weekends with a few Js & exercise and I think that's the way to get a Stefan physique. Got the other 2 lined up,might save them for later.

loving amazing, it's like Crystal Castles filtered through a concussed fever dream. Anybody else have a similar sound in terms of instrumentation? Closest I've found was NOISIA but they're too 'clean'.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

Whoever described this sound as something that makes you want to split your forehead open on a cinderblock was spot on. I've had No Love & Ex-Military on repeat the last few weekends with a few Js & exercise and I think that's the way to get a Stefan physique. Got the other 2 lined up,might save them for later.

loving amazing, it's like Crystal Castles filtered through a concussed fever dream. Anybody else have a similar sound in terms of instrumentation? Closest I've found was NOISIA but they're too 'clean'.

It really is amazing. Do you like The Money Store?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

Not entirely similar (Death Grips are pretty much the only ones out there making that particular kind of music) but as far as noise-rap goes, you'll want to check out Food For Animals, clipping., and B L A C K I E.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

poop dood posted:

Not entirely similar (Death Grips are pretty much the only ones out there making that particular kind of music) but as far as noise-rap goes, you'll want to check out Food For Animals, clipping., and B L A C K I E.

Don't forget about dälek, they're excellent as well.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
dalek used to have amazing live shows, don't know if they still tour but they're worth seeing if so.

(even better when they had Still doing vinyl during their sets in like 2004 or something)

emdash fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 21, 2014

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
dälek is "on permanent hiatus" according to their Facebook page, which sucks tremendously.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
These guys rule thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
"Beware" makes me want to spend all of my time flipping over and/or lighting cars on fire and inciting riots.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Death Grips makes me want to sit at my computer looking at pictures of cats or anime which is great because thats what I usually end up doing.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

This is all I have to contribute.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Has the new Death Grips stuff been posted yet? Pretty sweet so far though I'm only listening to a bit of it first.

https://soundcloud.com/deathgrips/sets/niggas-on-the-moon

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

oh poo poo that title and featuring.

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

crankdatbatman posted:

Has the new Death Grips stuff been posted yet? Pretty sweet so far though I'm only listening to a bit of it first.

https://soundcloud.com/deathgrips/sets/niggas-on-the-moon

They just posted on their FB a link to disc 1 of 2 of their new album, apparently they're gonna release a double LP later this year and already giving us half of it. Interesting guest artist on all 8 tracks..

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
The Bjork collab sounds as amazing as I had hoped.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Jesus christ, this first half. o_o

Thirdeye
May 2, 2006

Agaetis byrjun
If the second half is as good as this... :stare:

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Here we go again...

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
On my second listen, and I'm kind of interested and underwhelmed at the same time. It feels a lot more fully-formed than Government Plates, but I don't really think it comes close to their best records. I think my big problem with this album is that it feels too samey, with barely any dynamics at all. Most of it just feels like the same aimless abstract glitchy Bjork-sampling beat being presented in slightly different ways, and I think it makes the album sound really monotonous and boring. I think it's cool they're experimenting more, but I hope the second disc has a bit more variety than this.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Really liking Billy Not Really.

E: gently caress Me Out is loving hilarious

singateco fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 9, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

This is amazing. It is the best thing since Money Store. No contest.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES UP MY SLEEVES

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Holy poo poo, why is Death Grips so good to us?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay I just finished it and I think I still like Government Plates more, but this loving owns too. Best song is gently caress Me Out or Have A Sad Cum or Voila or Big Dipper or....gently caress, they're all great. I'm considerably more excited to see them live in August now.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Digging it. I really do think they're going to flood with a bunch of music and break up spontaneously. :(

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Love the beat on black quarterback. But since when is a album with around sixteen tracks a double lp?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

flatlander is insane on this

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this thread looks like a loving TVIV thread right now

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
There is a very clear evolution to be heard from GP to NotM and I like that. Glitchy as hell.

Don't know if I can properly judge this before we also have the second half, though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

echronorian posted:

Love the beat on black quarterback. But since when is a album with around sixteen tracks a double lp?

Depends on the length of the tracks. Quadrophenia has 17. However, considering this first half is about 31 minutes, it sounds pretty disingenuous to call it a double album.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008
Say Hey Kid might be my favorite track, but the whole thing is just kinda blowing me away right now.

Have a sad cum baby.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Whorelord posted:

flatlander is insane on this

Why does Flatlander get the credit for production? Haven't they said that all three of them have input over each aspect of the music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
On first listen, this is definitely better than Government Plates, although the first half is a lot better than the second. Especially Black Quarterback, which is spectacular.

• Locked thread