Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

I laughed so hard at "He yells 'Yahtzee!' when he climaxes."

I've done this. I'm not ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The X-man cometh posted:

So is Coach a full-time cast member now?

He's a special guest star for the remainder of the season. I don't know if it's been announced if he'll be back for next season or not, but I hope they upgrade him to full-time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Poque posted:

He's a special guest star for the remainder of the season. I don't know if it's been announced if he'll be back for next season or not, but I hope they upgrade him to full-time.

No, I'm pretty sure they said he's not coming back next season.

Anyone notice that Winston's final throne was a really bad Iron Throne from Game of Thrones?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Davros1 posted:

Anyone notice that Winston's final throne was a really bad Iron Throne from Game of Thrones?

hahah, i couldn't tell if i was actually noticing that or just being a nerd

probs both

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
The header from Avclub's review

Is pretty great.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Poque posted:

I know he's got another show that might happen next year but I have no idea if it's been picked up or anything. So the outcome of that will decide whether he sticks around probably.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

http://www.avclub.com/article/damon-wayans-jr-taking-another-crack-at-sitcoms-wi-103537

Haven't heard anything new from that in a while. The premise sounds kind of awful though, and I wouldn't be upset if it didn't get picked up if he could be a regular in New Girl.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Epi Lepi posted:

I know he's got another show that might happen next year but I have no idea if it's been picked up or anything. So the outcome of that will decide whether he sticks around probably.

That worked so well for him last time. :(

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

elwood posted:

I try very hard to forget about Happy Endings because I loved it so much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

elwood posted:

Happy Endings had 3 seasons right? Thtas not so bad.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

hope and vaseline posted:

http://www.avclub.com/article/damon-wayans-jr-taking-another-crack-at-sitcoms-wi-103537

Haven't heard anything new from that in a while. The premise sounds kind of awful though, and I wouldn't be upset if it didn't get picked up if he could be a regular in New Girl.

I almost don't want him on New Girl, because they really don't know what to do with him. Or Winston, frankly. Wayans is goddamn awesome in pretty much everything I've seen him in, so pretty much I think he deserves a role that does him justice.

Mostly, it blows my mind that Damon Wayans,Jr. is old enough to exist. He looks the same age as his dad when he was on In Living Color...and I feel like I watched that show 10 years ago. But it was 25 years ago. And what was I doing watching In Living Color? I was a 6-10 year old white kid when that aired. I'm sure I didn't understand those LA Riots jokes.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Sorry as I haven't kept up on the thread for the last 2 episodes, but I'm running through them right now (the first one started where everyone was hungover and jess/nick broke up), and this poo poo is stupid as hell. Normally this show is really good, but it's been loving ridiculous and long-winded lately. Does the majority agree or are my wife and I just loving idiots?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This was all bound to happen when they eliminated the will they or wont they factor tbh

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Maybe it was just me being in a good mood but I was laughing so hard at that last episode. Schmidt's reaction to Coach's greeting especially.

Xealot posted:

Mostly, it blows my mind that Damon Wayans,Jr. is old enough to exist. He looks the same age as his dad when he was on In Living Color...and I feel like I watched that show 10 years ago. But it was 25 years ago. And what was I doing watching In Living Color? I was a 6-10 year old white kid when that aired. I'm sure I didn't understand those LA Riots jokes.

My dad, who's turning 70 soon, watched that with me and still says "homey don't play dat."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nwin posted:

Sorry as I haven't kept up on the thread for the last 2 episodes, but I'm running through them right now (the first one started where everyone was hungover and jess/nick broke up), and this poo poo is stupid as hell. Normally this show is really good, but it's been loving ridiculous and long-winded lately. Does the majority agree or are my wife and I just loving idiots?

No, you're not alone. Its horrible and boring and I feel is gonna start doing the Big Bang Theory thing where they continuously break up and get back together until no one cares at all.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
They were a lot better at writing the schmidt love triangle than any of the nick and jess stuff imo

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Fetus Tree posted:

They were a lot better at writing the schmidt love triangle than any of the nick and jess stuff imo

That's because Schmidt is the best character on the show. We need more Big Schmidt flashbacks next season.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Fetus Tree posted:

What? The Schmidt triangle was hands down the worst part of this season. And I thought they were nailing the Nick/Jess stuff until the forced breakup. Every episode had them growing as people and recognizing how they were weirdly a good influence on each other, and then all of a sudden they just can't have a future together.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I think the actors have been given a lot more freedom to improvise in their dialogue and the humour is suffering.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ravel posted:

I think the actors have been given a lot more freedom to improvise in their dialogue and the humour is suffering.

That is, like, exactly the opposite of my thinking. Every episode has about seven to fifteen minutes of actual plot material, the rest is just the cast goofing around and it's fantastic. The chemistry between everyone is what sets the show apart. Personally, I'd be cool with them doing a whole episode of just "Here's a premise, no script, just go".

EDIT: VVV Yeah, it was this season because last season culminated in Cece's wedding where Schmidt had to choose one or the other which continued into this season with him pretending to each of them that he had chosen them. VVV

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 20, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

hope and vaseline posted:

What? The Schmidt triangle was hands down the worst part of this season. And I thought they were nailing the Nick/Jess stuff until the forced breakup. Every episode had them growing as people and recognizing how they were weirdly a good influence on each other, and then all of a sudden they just can't have a future together.

was that even this season?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The camping episode was the last one I saw, did the season pick up? I'm thinking of binging it this week but I really struggled to stay interested in that first block of episodes. It didn't feel as fun as the first two seasons.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The camping episode was probably the highlight of the season, i think it has been hit or miss since then. Mostly because of Coach, but I know many people like the character.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The rest of the cast might be okay, but any scene with Winston has been brilliant.
Trying to set up Furguson on a cat date was the best thing on TV this year.

Edit: "Give me a call when you want to play in the big leagues"
"This is a baseball card"

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 21, 2014

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"You took the test on a computer?!?"
Winstons story arcs were really cool this season.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I just discovered that Drunk History was on amazon prime and saw Winston playing the role of MLK Jr. It was pretty excellent.

I think the breakup seems stupid and forced. Schmidt is finally becoming a human being again rather than a perpetual jerk. The season overall has been not as good as the first two.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I thought "Big News" was one of the best episodes of the series, frankly.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I never volunteer because of my Munchausen Syndrome.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Ordering sushi like a sick-rear end boss.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
CeCe looking to beat some punks.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Son of a b.....penis!

That wasn't better.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Banana in the dark

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I like this turning into a cop drama.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'm like a Hebrew Cheetah.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Maxwell Lord posted:

Banana in the dark

Not a favorite episode but I'm glad that line got some love.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Kerri Kinney! Aasif Mandi!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kerri Kinney! Aasif Mandi!

Uh, that's Oscar from The Office...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat you're right. poo poo.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Silence! I have the talking soap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

That was the finale? It didn't really feel like one. Still a fun episode and I hope they give it a rest with the will they/won't they for Nick and Jess for at least half a season and just keep things adorably awkward for a while.

Season 4 better be the goddamn year of Winston.

• Locked thread