Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008

Kessel posted:

Is there something similar to gw2stuff that tracks the new boss rotation and allows you to check off bosses you've done for the day?

http://gw2.limitlessfx.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

PVP Stalwart's shoulders give you huge collars you can use to mix up your coat game.

That is really, really slick. The Strider coat is the best thing to happen to medium armor since ever.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

PVP Stalwart's shoulders give you huge collars you can use to mix up your coat game.

Holy poo poo, that's fantastic. Awesome job!

E:

jaegerx posted:

Just wait till goon squad finds out you're a weaboo.

Traxus IV fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 21, 2014

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I'm kinda happy with it, about as happy as I can be I guess. I agree dressing up a ranger feels annoying.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

vvvv: oh gosh :allears:

How much of that is gem store armor? The chest piece looks awesome because it's not ANOTHER loving LONGCOAT

I almost set this up on my thief but chickened out because he doesn't have exotic armor yet:

Also have to find him a cool sword.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Dreggon posted:

How much of that is gem store armor? The chest piece looks awesome because it's not ANOTHER loving LONGCOAT

Only the coat is gem store armor (Strider's).

Also gosh really, thanks all! I really like how my character turned out and it's nice to hear you like her too. I think it's the golden hue dye: it makes any armour more radiant and glorious.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea that's impressive. Nice of them to add something besides a long coat for once.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Rangers, eh?

:colbert:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Thanks!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

This is absolutely amazing. :stare:

What is the rest of the armor?

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 21, 2014

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

You win GW2.

But since I know Arus will ask this, could you post what it looks like with the Vigil leggings?

EDIT: Also, fuuuck. Stalwart shoulders are the only ones I'm missing from the set. How do you get them now?

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

EDIT: Also, fuuuck. Stalwart shoulders are the only ones I'm missing from the set. How do you get them now?

You currently cant get any of the spvp only armor that you didn't already have. There was some talk of making them track rewards "maybe" "someday".

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Made some changes to the looks so here's an updated list:

Head: hidden
Shoulders: Stalwart shoulders (PVP set Stalwart shoulders)
Coat: Strider's Tunic (Gemstore set)
Gloves: Sneakthief Gloves (Named exotic medium armor)
Pants: Rawhide Leggings (low level medium armor)
Boots: Prowler boots (high level crafted armor)

Old gloves were also Prowler set.

Weapons follow the same gilded theme so they are all Lionguard stuff, bought with karma in Vigil Keep.

And yeah, Stalwart set is currently unobtainable. I got lucky by cashing in my Glory for random items the day before.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The stalwart shoulders are great and compliment so many of the different medium armor sets perfectly. Overall I'm extremely happy with what we can now do with the mix of previously inaccessible PvP armors, random pieces of town clothing and outfits that can be used in combat.

I mentioned I'd do this last week and since we're finally posting our pretty princesses I may as well join. Everyone in Goon Squad already knows this but I have a ton of alts and have a really bad habit of creating separate characters for separate aspects of the game. Apologies in advance for the giant pile of images below but I've put my favourite looks in large thumbnails and ones I'm only sort of happy with in the small square thumbnails (both can be clicked to see the original size images).

PvE - Engineer, Ranger, Thief, Guardian, Mesmer, Warrior:

WvW - Necromancer, Elementalist, Warrior:

PvP - Ranger, Engineer, Mesmer, Warrior, Thief, Elementalist, Guardian:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Orr temples aren't there though. Are they not on timer? Also, I'm still not sure how timers interact with prerequisite events now.

Forgall fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 21, 2014

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

jyrque posted:

Ranger dressup time?

goddamn if only rangers could use rifles, all you need is a proper musket and that poo poo is capital-M Made.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Trebuchet King posted:

goddamn if only rangers could use rifles, all you need is a proper musket and that poo poo is capital-M Made.

Engies can wear the same outfit.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Forgall posted:

Orr temples aren't there though. Are they not on timer? Also, I'm still not sure how timers interact with prerequisite events now.

Temples are on a megaserver-instance-by-instance basis now, as opposed to being a single server specific thing. World bosses all run off the same schedule now no matter the server, which is both bad and good.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

tarbrush posted:

Engies can wear the same outfit.

Yeah but an engineer can only have one raven.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
Is there any way to get the Stalwart armor anymore?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Crimsonbeak posted:

Is there any way to get the Stalwart armor anymore?

Myriad posted:

You currently cant get any of the spvp only armor that you didn't already have. There was some talk of making them track rewards "maybe" "someday".

jyrque posted:

And yeah, Stalwart set is currently unobtainable. I got lucky by cashing in my Glory for random items the day before.

Twice on the same page, duder, answer's unfortunately no.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ranger posting

Not the prettiest of princesses but

I was vindicated

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Given how many medium armor folks are using the Strider top, I reeeally hope Anet takes the hint and makes more non-trenchcoat sets for us.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

But since I know Arus will ask this, could you post what it looks like with the Vigil leggings?

Arus PM'd me; he's still waiting on this.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Given how many medium armor folks are using the Strider top, I reeeally hope Anet takes the hint and makes more non-trenchcoat sets for us.

Trenchcoats make you run faster. And where are you going to hide secret daggers and pistols and caltrops and powders and elixers if you are wearing a small jacket. Nope, we need more trenchcoats.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the guy who is designing all the medium armor trenchcoats is just getting revenge on his high school's dress code

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the guy who is designing all the medium armor trenchcoats is just getting revenge on his high school's dress code
He forgot to include fedora though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Arus PM'd me; he's still waiting on this.

I've had it up to here with you, mister.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Thief Ranger

Not crazy about the head piece on Thief, not too many medium ones that I like though should just hide it.

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 21, 2014

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yea, considering I was actually a fan of the trenchcoat until I wanted to have my character resemble her name: Ikea Real Doll

Bonus:

uguu~

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

BombermanX posted:

Bonus:

uguu~

That face isn't kawaii enough :colbert:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

On the subject of non-longcoat medium characters, here's my thief and engi. I'm still trying to find colors for the engi that match an Azure Railgun without looking silly.

edit: there we go

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 21, 2014

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Since we're showing pretty princesses here's my engineer, themed after the Ethiopian flag.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Top hat, aetherblade chest, vigil boots?, what are the pants?

e: Looks awesome btw :)

kerpow fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 21, 2014

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Slyvari can avoid trenchcoats, while being ready for Mardi Gras too! :buddy:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Yall don't know poo poo about clipping issues till you play a Charr or Asura

Whispers pauldrons and chest, heritage gloves, HotW legs, named exotics [sneakthief] boots, engineer headpiece.

Midnight fire goes well with the enameled emblaze/legacy and redemption dyes, but I think midnight ice makes a nicer contrast.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I don't really care for the outfit, but Arus constantly mistakes my legs for purple pants until he remembers I am a plant and gets very angry. I consider it a net gain in the end.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Big Arus look good in medium armour.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

kerpow posted:

Top hat, aetherblade chest, vigil boots?, what are the pants?

e: Looks awesome btw :)

Pants are from AC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

ApeHawk posted:

Looks cool as gently caress.

Too bad maces are the weakest weapons on ANYONE, though.

VVV I said "weakest", not bad. Compared to the other weapons, maces don't see the most use, for popular reasons. Mace off-hand is used often on Warriors, though, so I'll give you that. But I still feel that maces need buffs.

mace on guardian is okay

• Locked thread