Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a Shirley one (and a Dean Pelton one as well), it just didn't get posted with the others for some reason.

http://imgur.com/a/tH3Da

edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, Shirley left out again. Must have been busy with her three kids.

was my laziness, not her being left out.

see:

Cloud Potato posted:

Here you go:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

No Leonard one?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ratjaculation posted:

No Leonard one?

Shut up Ratjaculation, I know about your Secret of NIMH slashfiction.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Shut up Ratjaculation, I know about your Secret of NIMH slashfiction.

UNSUBSCRIBE

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
This was sort of the Britta of seasons. It was good, but it thought it was better than in was, and came off as self-important in the process.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

:iceburn:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Mameluke posted:

What happened to Alison Brie in that last picture? How much Photoshop did the creator think was needed, considering you're already covering her face with text?
It looks to me like everyone else had in-character headshots taken while they just used one of Alison Brie's modeling pictures for Annie.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Gillian Jacobs looks crazy in that picture and Joel McHale is turning into Bill Burr.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sakarja posted:

Gillian Jacobs looks crazy in that picture and Joel McHale is turning into Bill Burr.

Like she's on coke?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irish Joe posted:

Like she's on coke?

Why do you even remember that

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MrAristocrates posted:

Why do you even remember that

goons.xlsx

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait. What?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I'm not sure, but I think it's a reference to the last thread from season 4. Gillian Jacobs posted a video after Community got renewed. Someone said she looked like she'd been on a five-day crack binge when she just wasn't wearing any makeup.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakarja posted:

I'm not sure, but I think it's a reference to the last thread from season 4. Gillian Jacobs posted a video after Community got renewed. Someone said she looked like she'd been on a five-day crack binge when she just wasn't wearing any makeup.

That's exactly what happened, and it was Twee as gently caress.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh, the suspense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwnygPClGYY

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Re-watching the first season, I liked Britta a lot more when she was Jeff #2. They really lost the thread on her.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 1 Britta sucked. She was a wet blanket whose best moments (baggels, frog) came from her getting dressed down. She was a boring, bland character from a stock sitcom template and I never even really bought Jeff being into her because of it. We didn't need a second Jeff.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

No, Season 1 Britta was strong and cool and grown-up in a cast that was full of emotionally-immature characters.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
And once more, the Community tm thread begins to eat itself.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The best part about seasons 1 and 2 are there are jokes that are funny and the show isn't trying too hard not to be a sitcom.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Finally, we're getting to the core of Community's very real problems:

Jeff+Britta being the same character and Community desperately trying to be a sitcom after season 2. Both extremely nuanced and interesting ideas. Let's keep these discussions going, folks. Really riveting stuff.

Can we discuss season 1 and 2's "jokes that are funny" a little more, though?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The show really suffered when Harmon's friend Carlos Mencia took over co-writing duties in Season 3.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

The show really suffered when Harmon's friend Carlos Mencia took over co-writing duties in Season 3.

That explains the unexplained uptick in "beaner" jokes, now I need to update my comedy/not comedy spreadsheet!

Edit: darn, this totally throwing off my "actually laughed out loud" averages.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 29, 2014

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chevy Chase was willing and Yvette Brown allowed to play with the others.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Last Chance posted:

Can we discuss season 1 and 2's "jokes that are funny" a little more, though?

Yes, words that illicit laughter. This is not a difficult concept, but I guess hardcore fans of Dan Harmon don't like funny things so

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

1st AD posted:

Yes, words that illicit laughter. This is not a difficult concept, but I guess hardcore fans of Dan Harmon don't like funny things so
I have never laughed, because of my alcoholism, and that is why I like Community, the Arrested Development of TV comedies.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have never laughed, because of my alcoholism, and that is why I like Community, the Arrested Development of TV comedies.

Sorry, DaVinci's Demons is the Arrested Development of TV comedies.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Academy award winner Jim Rash is guest starring in Glee.

I don't know how to react to this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just don't get the appeal.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just don't get the appeal.

C'mon, you won't make it to regionals with that attitude!

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What the hell are regionals?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

I thought this was Regionals?

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

That is probably one of my favorite Community gags, mostly because I lived with a girl who loving LOVED GLEE and at the time we only had a one bedroom apartment, so there was no escape.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Glee episode is weird to me. I really appreciate all the jokes and songs but they're almost all so (intentionally) cringeworthy that I can't really sit through them.

The best jokes, of course, are "Boopy-doopy-boop-doop-SEX!" and the Bodysnatchers joke.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Baby Boomer Santa is a great song.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I've got a Christmas time for me, I've got a Christmas time for a tree...

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Been listening to Harmontown, and I just wanted to say that the episode "Dan Took A Shower" is one of the funniest podcasts I've ever listened to. The shower vs. bath conversation alone was hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

gently caress yes, one of Gillian's favourite films is The Raid:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/walk_of_shame_2013/news/1930273/five_favorite_films_with_gillian_jacobs/

quote:

Are you a big action fan?

I really enjoy them. I have a hard time watching people getting punched on screen; I have to close my eyes a lot. But somehow, maybe just the sheer number of punchings overwhelmed me and I was okay.

:allears:

• Locked thread