Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wing had a decent showing in Z2, storywise. Esther and Crowe were both good friends with Duo, and Heero had a lot of interactions with Lelouch and Setsuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Have the unlock conditions for (Gundam 00 spoiler) Patrick been unearthed? I've only read that he is a potential secret, but nothing along the lines of how.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8jnXFyrBE
Chirico piloting Bonta-kun, for those that want it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The command aura seems to be a hell of a lot more significant in this game, unless I just can't remember anything before Z2.2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't know any Japanese but every scene that includes Macross 7 makes me laugh. Every character has the best reaction face when they play especially Ozma. It is so obvious that he is the biggest fan boy.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Hivac posted:

The command aura seems to be a hell of a lot more significant in this game, unless I just can't remember anything before Z2.2.

EWACs and Command Auras were super important in AP. But no, in general you wouldn't notice them unless the game lacked accuracy upgrades and the average late game grunt had ridiculous stats (Hello OG2).

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

EWACs and Command Auras were super important in AP. But no, in general you wouldn't notice them unless the game lacked accuracy upgrades and the average late game grunt had ridiculous stats (Hello OG2).

I guess I'm just not used to the 3 upgrade boost dudes have on Hard. Makes things a bit more interesting than usual, I guess.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
why are 95% of english srw playthroughs complete poo poo?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 23, 2014

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Do you mean LP's or something?

If you do, it's probably because there aren't that many people willing to play or watch a srw game all the way through. It's a niche within a niche within a niche (mecha anime -> turn based strategy game -> playthrough for the internet) so it seems to me like it'd be kind of a weird sperg thing to do.

That's why I'm considering messing with screenshotting J and seeing if I can make anything of it :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Plus the audience for such a LP will mostly be people who have already played the game (or at least other SRW titles). And the people that haven't will at least be fans of mecha anime. Maybe there will be one or two people that aren't like that, but for the most part it's writing for a niche crowd.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Because 90% of the gameplay in SRW is menu navigation, which is not exactly the most exciting thing to watch.

The other 10% is loading.

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Soo... Can you save kittan or does he die?

E: whoops. Added spoilers.

Golden Lumber fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 23, 2014

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Golden Lumber posted:

Soo... Can you save kittan or does he die?

Nice unmarked spoilers there.

And no, I don't think so as far as I know.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

PurplieNurplie posted:

Do you mean LP's or something?

If you do, it's probably because there aren't that many people willing to play or watch a srw game all the way through. It's a niche within a niche within a niche (mecha anime -> turn based strategy game -> playthrough for the internet) so it seems to me like it'd be kind of a weird sperg thing to do.

That's why I'm considering messing with screenshotting J and seeing if I can make anything of it :v:

When I made the decision to edit my videos a year back (so as not to, you know, have people sit though dozens of videos of the same loving stage) i got so much poo poo.

Does it make me a bad person to speed up my videos? Do srw fans REALLY want dozens of videos of the same loving stage?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Race Realists posted:

When I made the decision to edit my videos a year back (so as not to, you know, have people sit though dozens of videos of the same loving stage) i got so much poo poo.

Does it make me a bad person to speed up my videos? Do srw fans REALLY want dozens of videos of the same loving stage?

No, probably not. These are probably the same kind of people that would want a complete uncut VLP of some stupidly long JRPG like a Tales game.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Race Realists posted:

Editing your videos so that people won't get bored is a good thing. Think of what a person who hasn't played the game to death would enjoy in a video, imo.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Gotta be honest, I don't know why you'd want to make a SRW VLP in the first place. The genre is really much better suited to screenshots.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Race Realists posted:

Were you the guy who tried to LP Z2.2? The one with the really slick videos? Because if you were I think you got flack not for the videos, but because A: there was a Z2.1 lp going on that would likely be spoiled, and B: because there wasn't very much besides the videos, other than stage intros. It lost out on part of the magic by not directly showing the plot during the stage (the one I saw LPed), and was totally lacking in the actuall gameplay bits.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw one of your videos of the 00 finale, and while Celestial Being in Dancougar Nova was funny and fairly slick, it wasn't actually representative of the game. It was more Machinima, very well done but not true to the game.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

BlitzBlast posted:

Gotta be honest, I don't know why you'd want to make a SRW VLP in the first place. The genre is really much better suited to screenshots.

I would love to do it just to show off my custom BGM. But then, if I did that and uploaded it to YouTube, all of my other LP videos would get taken down as my account gets banned by Japanese rights holders...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah, closest thing to a VLP you can do is posting videos of all the attacks of a unit. I tried streaming it with some friends and after a while it was just a slog.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think Brainweasel's FF12 LP is a good show of how to make an interesting VLP of a long turn based game.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Srice posted:

Editing your videos so that people won't get bored is a good thing. Think of what a person who hasn't played the game to death would enjoy in a video, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAR-Bdha86k

FlamingGnats posted:

Why do you think splicing in random background music and a few fancy editing tricks makes your videos good? People watch these videos to get the gameplay experience, not be dazzled by your mastery of Windows Movie Maker.

he thinks i used movie maker:v:

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
So which version do you guys think is better? The PS3 or Vita version?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Lumber posted:

So which version do you guys think is better? The PS3 or Vita version?

The Vita version is portable but the PS3 version looks good on a big screen TV. It depends on where you plan to play it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Most of the time I play my PSP, it's at home anyway. So no reason to go Vita for me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, the new Buster Beam animation is nuts. More of these ALL attacks should (visually) do such different things to each target. It feels just wrong using Gunbuster on earth though, like it's gonna take out whole continents with every attack.

edit: Oh, and do I ever get new Seed music? Boy I hate what I have now. Should I just find an MP3 of this and use custom soundtrack for it?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 23, 2014

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

(major spoilers) So what's the deal with trusting Char or not? Everywhere I've looked is tight-lipped about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, the new Buster Beam animation is nuts. More of these ALL attacks should (visually) do such different things to each target. It feels just wrong using Gunbuster on earth though, like it's gonna take out whole continents with every attack.

edit: Oh, and do I ever get new Seed music? Boy I hate what I have now. Should I just find an MP3 of this and use custom soundtrack for it?

Only one SEED song.

Materant posted:

(major spoilers) So what's the deal with trusting Char or not? Everywhere I've looked is tight-lipped about it.

Nobody is 100% sure but it seems to impact what secrets you can get?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Materant posted:

I feel like it's very similar to trusting Zero in Z2.2, I feel like it will be the canon route. Plus ill do anything that gets me the Sazabi

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Eternal Volfogg posted:

I feel like it's very similar to trusting Zero in Z2.2, I feel like it will be the canon route. Plus ill do anything that gets me the Sazabi

Based on what I read, Char joins you at the end regardless. I think it affects other secrets like whether you get the 'Fight Destiny' route or get to keep the Kshatriya.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

AradoBalanga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8jnXFyrBE
Chirico piloting Bonta-kun, for those that want it.

:allears: This is all I ever wanted and more. Now all we need is Setsuna and Rei. Come on Z3.2 make it happen.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Based on what I read, Char joins you at the end regardless. I think it affects other secrets like whether you get the 'Fight Destiny' route or get to keep the Kshatriya.

You definitely get Char regardless. I didnt trust him and got "Accept Destiny" and Char still joined.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, the new Buster Beam animation is nuts.

Did you see the dynamic kill? Its amazing :allears:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone know the major differences in the final route split? The choice reads kind of heavy and I'm just wondering

Accepting fate vs defying your fate?

Wiki seems to indicate you get at least a few secrets on the second route I guess.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rascyc posted:

Anyone know the major differences in the final route split? The choice reads kind of heavy and I'm just wondering

Wiki seems to indicate you get at least a few secrets on the second route I guess.

Defying Destiny is seen as the 'good' choice.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Secrets, different stages, etc, but the last 5 stages or so are still the same it seems. Not quite as drastic as the Zueth/Zero routes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Defying Destiny is seen as the 'good' choice.

Which makes sense because look at half of the Super Robot shows made in the last 10 years, they're mostly about how stupid the concept of fate is.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I just don't see the point of taking the accept fate route basically but I guess that's par for the course.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

As far as I can tell, (late game secret) fighting destiny automatically gets you Zeus, Jin and Shrade.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Yeah I just don't see the point of taking the accept fate route basically but I guess that's par for the course.

Its like the other end game routes, you need to meet requirements to take it.

KoB fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KoB posted:

Its like the other end game routes, who need to meet requirements to take it.

What are the requirements, if they're known yet?(The response might be spoiler-worthy, though I guess the question wasn't.)

• Locked thread