Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Robnoxious posted:

Chunky B has been gone for awhile. But one constant is the Iota guy dishing out the "No cell phones are allowed in the studio and if you have a pager... gently caress!"

Did you hear that two antennas got married and the reception was excellent?

I didn't know Chunky left, gonna miss that dude. Iota dude is also hilarious. "Do your friends say that your laugh is 'unique'? Then you're who we're talking about."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

EnsGDT posted:

Did you hear that two antennas got married and the reception was excellent?

I didn't know Chunky left, gonna miss that dude. Iota dude is also hilarious. "Do your friends say that your laugh is 'unique'? Then you're who we're talking about."

I remember being in line outside of CBS on Fairfax waiting for them to start checking us in. One of the 1iota guys was getting the whole line excited about the show. He shouted to all of us in line about how we better like loving cussing -- right as an entire class of kids (probably 2nd or 3rd grade) passed by us who were on a field trip. Lots of laughter ensued!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Steve Vader posted:

Craig told the internet to calm down with the speculation last night. "Even I don't care that much." Then one of the phone bits involved Chelsea Handler calling him to get measurements on the curtains she wants to replace. I'll miss Craig if he goes, but the fact that he seems to have some disdain for his format will make me feel less bad for him. I'd be curious to see what he would do next.

What I got from his autobiography is that he sorta fell into the job in the first place and isn't completely tied to being a talk show host the same way Letterman and Conan are.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, and the fact that CBS apparently talked to Jon Oliver about replacing him means he might've known he was on the outs for quite some time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

If he's going into his last year or so at this point I'm sad, BUT IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Steve Vader posted:

Geoff Peterson would probably just go to some CBS storage house, wouldn't he?

I figure he'll end up back in the clutches of Grant Imahara, and Skynet will be born from him.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Craig is turning his "impending" demise into a bit and it's glorious.

The former 5-ding for room service is turning into random call-ins from prospective heirs to the throne.

Craig gives zero fucks and it's delightful.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus loving Christ, looks like another week sans Conan. I think in the last 7 weeks or so they've had, what, 16 episodes?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is Colbert Report and Daily Show blocked for people outside NA now as well?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

Jesus loving Christ, looks like another week sans Conan. I think in the last 7 weeks or so they've had, what, 16 episodes?

It ran new last week when everyone else took a break. They're just doing it a week later.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Craig just said he's ending the CBS show at the end of the year.

vvv I've seen multiple tweets saying he announced it at tonight's taping.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
No story yet, just a tweet that Craig's stepping down at the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/460934584805642240

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

insert_funny posted:

No story yet, just a tweet that Craig's stepping down at the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/460934584805642240
He needs to replace Drew Carey as the host of The Price Is Right.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Here's a story:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/craig-ferguson-exit-late-late-show-699470

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
It's a terrible day for America everybody

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Well, gently caress.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :gonk: I NEED MORE GEOFF IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

I said it before, but the next seven months are going to be GLORIOUS.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

It's a sad day for America everybody :(

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He needs to replace Drew Carey as the host of The Price Is Right.

Please CBS for the love of god, I'd watch every day.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddammit.

I do hope he takes the opportunity to go completely insane.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Ugh #TeamStatusQuo everybody stay where they are.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, he did say he'd quit when Dave quit. He's gonna be fine.

I just wish I could find that clip where he read my letter from 2009. :(

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

I was too young to see Carson, I had lost interest in Conan by the time I was old enough, and I never had the time/money to see Leno.

Apparently I am going to make time to visit LA sometime this year; maybe I will venture to New York early next year too.

:geno:

Edit: Assuming I can get tickets that is....

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 29, 2014

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
For the record, I'm horrified by this news.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Geoff Peterson posted:

For the record, I'm horrified by this news.

Balls :hb:

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
Apparently Craig began thinking of ending his run 2 years ago then CBS convinced him to stay longer and was planning to end it this summer.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/craig-ferguson-i-wanted-to-leave-the-show-before-i-stopped-enjoying-it-exclusive-1201166239/

quote:

Craig Ferguson is relieved — he’s been wanting to let people know of his plan to move on from “The Late Late Show” for months.

The CBS latenight host also is resigned to the fact that few people will believe his assertion that he began thinking about ending his run on the show as long as two years ago, but he re-upped after CBS persuaded him to stick around a little longer. Early this year, he began laying the groundwork for his exit, before he had any idea that Letterman was preparing to announce his plan to retire in 2015.

“It wasn’t contentious. I was just like, ‘I feel like I’m done,’ ” Ferguson told Variety. “We were all fine and were tying up loose ends. And then Dave surprised everybody with the (April 3) announcement and that threw a spanner in the works. And I had to sit and keep my mouth shut while speculation raged wildly.”

Ferguson initially planned to sign off this summer, but CBS asked him to stay until December to give them more time to set a replacement. Ferguson agreed because it gives his staff and crew more time to find new gigs.

quote:

The simple fact is, Ferguson wanted to move on before the work became a chore. He’s proud of the show and how oddball it is — with a robot skeleton and stuffed horse for sidekicks. But he has “ideas” for new things and is engaged with the various projects that his Green Mountain West production banner is developing for Science Channel and Discovery. And he’s got a new gig starting in the fall as host and producer of the syndie gameshow “Celebrity Name Game.”

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
He should get that new Doctor as his final guest.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Chand0X posted:

Apparently Craig began thinking of ending his run 2 years ago then CBS convinced him to stay longer and was planning to end it this summer.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/craig-ferguson-i-wanted-to-leave-the-show-before-i-stopped-enjoying-it-exclusive-1201166239/

It wasn't a stuffed horse! It was a pantomime horse!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

It wasn't a stuffed horse! It was a pantomime horse!

Isn't. He's not gone yet. He's not gone yet. Oh sweet god he's not gone yet.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
From here on out we should see Craig not give an even bigger (tootsie-fruitsy) about anything. The next 8 months of Craig should be incredible now that the news is out.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 20, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

All his guests should be a repeating cycle of Mila Kunis, the woman from Veronica Mars, and RDJ.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
What the hell am I supposed to watch at twelve thirty now, seth meyers?

gently caress seth meyers

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Iowa Snow King posted:

What the hell am I supposed to watch at twelve thirty now, seth meyers?

gently caress seth meyers

Maybe they'll replace him with Chelsea Handler! :banjo:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Seth Meyers is pretty goddamn terrible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lip Sync Battle has to be my favorite recurring Fallon bit. Emma Stone doing "All I Do Is Win" tonight was amazing.

EDIT: Oh crap, it's already on Youtube too. They're fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can I hop on that gently caress Seth Meyers train? I mean gently caress Fred Armisen even more, but yeah, also gently caress Seth Meyers.

Fallon has been consistently great since he started his Tonight Show though. I've watched every single one and haven't wanted to stop watching yet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Lip Sync Battle has to be my favorite recurring Fallon bit. Emma Stone doing "All I Do Is Win" tonight was amazing.

EDIT: Oh crap, it's already on Youtube too. They're fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

Emma Stone can pull off some hardcore crazy-eyes when she goes for it.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Let me preface this with saying I've never watched Seth Meyer's Late Night.

What's Seth Meyer's Late Night"hook"? Letterman revolutionized the Late Night format with his weird pre-taped bits and hijinks in the studio, Conan sort of picked up on that, without the cynicism, Jimmy Fallon had all the musical little bits he does, Ferguson is just charmingly bonkers. Does Meyer really just do the Leno thing and sits at his desk interviewing people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You know what would Craig be great at? A podcast. When he wanted to have a more serious conversation with someone, the format was clearly preventing him from doing that but with a podcast, he could have the Stephen Fry episode every single time. Hell, even Conan got himself a channel for long serious conversations with people you couldn't do that with on his show.