Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mortal Strike is completely fine as an effect. The problem with it is there isn't a giant laughing ghost skull graphic over your character's head, so the only time you ever know you've got it is when your medkit that you used because you took a chunk of spike damage and expect to take another didn't loving do anything. You can't react to having Mortal Strike as a debuff, you can only react to unexpectedly not being able to heal for the next 10 seconds rather 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mortal Strike is what made 2s invul debatably the most important core affix.

25% nerf is enough to push it to the top, 2s invul is the best now.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing all the new ones. 400 hp on hit is pretty decent. Can't imagine the new damage ratings being too high, but they do need to be high enough to outshine a +1 stat so I'm guessing they'll roll around 300 max maybe.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
400 life on hit + current LL cores which sound like they're going to be a different life on hit effect? Lemuria. Excalibur.

Hell, even saying the LoH is only 400+200+200 is still a pretty decent number I guess but only as long as the cooldown doesn't make the time between heals feel like an eternity.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Brain In A Jar posted:

According to the OP, Punisher and Black Panther are now starting heroes. Did people who bought them prior to the changes get a refund for them? i.e. if I patched up, would I have some gems or skrilla to blow on some new dudes?

No. Starting heroes doesn't mean they're free for everyone, it just means they're one of the potential picks for new accounts.

nickhimself posted:

400 life on hit + current LL cores which sound like they're going to be a different life on hit effect?

They're not. LL cores are being converted to life on hit cores but also have an additional +1 DUR affix that normal life on hit cores don't automatically have.

At least, that's what the preview patch notes said.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ICR my love, what is yr steam

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Soothing Vapors posted:

ICR my love, what is yr steam

Hey add me too

PoultryHammock posted:

you guys make it super easy by carrying over handles

Bet you can guess my steam

PoultryHammock posted:

what the feature is there for

no comment.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
This whole chat ban thing has made mumble way more fun to be in. There are like 3x the people on and conversations are actually happening.

We need a steam group or something on top of that because, looking at the positive side of what happened, it's shown a bunch of people that chatting together makes the game about 10x better.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

nickhimself posted:

This whole chat ban thing has made mumble way more fun to be in. There are like 3x the people on and conversations are actually happening.

We need a steam group or something on top of that because, looking at the positive side of what happened, it's shown a bunch of people that chatting together makes the game about 10x better.

my steam ID is my username here. huzzah!

Mumble has always made the game better. Spontaneous groups for farming shillelagh, or instant mental headband is always good.

I need to put together a group for another shillelagh or GoK. I'd love a HoD, but it's such a pain to get to doom. :effort:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What's Marvel Heroes' endgame in terms of villains? Obviously I'm bad at comics, but we've beaten Doom and Loki already, we're about to beat Surtur. How many more villains are there before we've beaten the biggest and baddest and there's no more room to escalate who we're fighting?

Alternatively: What's your dream list of the next villains we fight in order?

e: What's going on this weekend that everyone wants players for? This is doing TEN THINGS AT ONCE(!), Survivarium is doing a limited 24-hour beta, Red Orchestra 2 is having a free weekend, and I've seen a few others that are trying to have all the players this weekend. Is there something big going down in the world of gaming? The only thing I know of is Dark Souls II comes out Friday on PC and since I'm going to own it I can just play it next weekend.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Dirk Anger.
Shuma-Gorath.
Zombie Dirk Anger.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What's Marvel Heroes' endgame in terms of villains? Obviously I'm bad at comics, but we've beaten Doom and Loki already, we're about to beat Surtur. How many more villains are there before we've beaten the biggest and baddest and there's no more room to escalate who we're fighting?

Alternatively: What's your dream list of the next villains we fight in order?

We haven't touched anything Cosmic yet, so Thanos, the Shi'ar are frequent frenemies, the Kree, Ronan the Accuser, the Church of Universal Truth, the Badoon, etc..

Also there's a lot of Mystic stuff we haven't touched: Mephisto, Dormammu, Rorkannu

And obviously there's more Hydra leaders, Superia, Strucker, the Kraken.

The lists go on and on.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Thanos. Galactus. As we've seen with the Bronx Zoo stuff new content is not necessarily high-level content. Master Mold/Zero Tolerance.

Mojoworld would be interesting.

Shiar/Kree/Skrull Empire.

Apocalypse.

We ain't seen the Red Skull and he's always fairly iconic.

Marvel has many, many, MANY, MANY high-tier threats in it's roster. I'm sure I've missed some. Especially given half our roster has been high-tier threats.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 23, 2014

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bloodly posted:

We ain't seen the Red Skull and he's always fairly iconic.

Likewise Ultron, though I assume that'll happen around the time of the next Avengers film.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The number of villians we could potentially fight in this game over the next 6+ years of the license is just ridiculous. There are too many to fit into the game.

There's no greater pool of "cosmically powered supervillian mega-threats" to pull from in any form of modern media than what exists in the Marvel comics universe. Doom and Loki are the tiniest tip of the iceberg that they are barely on the radar (although Doom owns always and forever).

Bieeardo posted:

Dirk Anger.
Shuma-Gorath.
Zombie Dirk Anger.

Also this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, every crossover work tends to have a cosmic entity threat capable of destroying the known multiverse, some even add brand new ones instead of using established ones.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 23, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bieeardo posted:

Shuma-Gorath.

Only if he says 'WASTE OF FLESH' every time someone dies to him.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

nickhimself posted:

We need a steam group

Groot Force steam group created, add me for invite.

jubelio fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 23, 2014

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

jubelio posted:

Groot Force steam group created, add me for invite.

there already was one:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MarvelGoons

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^^ Same Steam name?

Okay so I was way wrong. Mojoworld would be neat and we already have some of the X-Babies, what with wolferine.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

^^ Same Steam name?

Ya

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

LOL ok I will delete mine then

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
Surtur is only number 73 on the power list...so still plenty of big baddies above that.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Man, what I wouldn't give for a wave in X-Def that is Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil. That would just make me sooooooooo happy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'd like to totally invade a Hydra Tower. We have Madame Hydra already, but we could get the Serpent Society, Arnim Zola, Strucker with Fenris, and Red Skull to make for stage bosses. Be a great raid that way.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Gropey C posted:

Surtur is only number 73 on the power list...so still plenty of big baddies above that.

Where is this list?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Luke Cage's pet auras will be fixed next patch according to devs. Thank god.

Also, Psylocke is mental/physical damage according to Ryolnir.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eiffel On You posted:

Luke Cage's pet auras will be fixed next patch according to devs. Thank god.

Finally the soulsword makes sense.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Most people probably already know about this, but if you're like me and generally avoid forums beyond SA, you may find this link helpful.

Here are some active codes that you can redeem: http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

I got some sweet free stuff just now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Diabetic posted:

Where is this list?

I went looking for this and found some comic vine list. I don't think power rankings really matter all that much for games like this though. You are just going to go after whoever the devs/Marvel(not sure who is calling the shots for this) want you to go after.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How long will I have to wait for a playable Howard the Duck? Armed with Quack-Fu and a snub nose revolver.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Has there even been a Marvel game where you DON'T end up punching Galactus in the finale?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Eiffel On You posted:

So she's going to be a hybrid like Ms M. I was hoping that she would be entirely mental, though I guess that wouldn't make sense.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Maybe I can start to unload these Amulets of the Right.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

TheDink posted a preview of Moon Knight's Marvel Now! Costume. Lookin' sharp.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

There's already some Mental/Phys characters in the game. The problem with amulet of right and soulsword is the split damage ratings are small.

Also that MK costume looks great, I hope they have the cape look normal rather than the super-humped flowing one the normal has.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zombie Samurai posted:

Has there even been a Marvel game where you DON'T end up punching Galactus in the finale?

I think M:UA has you punching Galactus at some point, but the finale is still fighting Doom? (could be wrong about the order here)

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Neurolimal posted:

I think M:UA has you punching Galactus at some point, but the finale is still fighting Doom? (could be wrong about the order here)

You fight Doom then Galactus at the end.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Diabetic posted:

Nope, other way. You fight Galatcus on the Skrull homeworld, then go fight Doom with the Odin Force or something.

Eckertmania fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 23, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Diabetic posted:

You've got that backwards, Galactus is a late-game fight where Silver Surfer helps you out, because you need to steal something from Galactus to nullify something Doom is doing. Then you go to Latveria to stop Doom. And then the post-credits tease is Galactus being like "these little ants think they can gently caress with Galactus? Time to eat earth."

And then MUA2 didn't use Galactus at all and was Civil War instead.

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

alansmithee posted:

There's already some Mental/Phys characters in the game. The problem with amulet of right and soulsword is the split damage ratings are small.

Maybe they will be buffed based on that post of their regarding hybrid damage type heroes, so long as you find it on the particular hybrid hero.

• Locked thread