Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Still on Guardians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

My guardian hasn't changed since the last time I posted it so how about my newly prettified necro instead.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Is there any way to preview armor like in the old PvP wardrobe?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
There's a Wardrobe tab in your bank now where you can preview skins for both armor and weaponry.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Lonk posted:

There's a Wardrobe tab in your bank now where you can preview skins for both armor and weaponry.
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
We really need a dedicated thread where we start posting our character pics. :getin:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
How much longer do i have to finish the wvwvw achieves? and how are we doing?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

malhavok posted:

Maguuma is 5th at the moment.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

malhavok posted:

God I really need to get on that. Used wvw to level my ranger and finished 1 of the achievements and about halfway through all the others, but once I hit 80 on my ranger I kind of just stopped playing it.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

malhavok posted:

You have till May 30th iirc

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014
So do you think GW is going into pay2win? With all those new gem-thingy-thing-thing-stuff?

There are a lot of tears on reddit and from time to time even from my guild mates.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

Zero. posted:

So do you think GW is going into pay2win? With all those new gem-thingy-thing-thing-stuff?

There are a lot of tears on reddit and from time to time even from my guild mates.

Which things in the gem store are people calling pay2win?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Zero. posted:

Not even remotely. All of the stuff on the gem store is cosmetic/convenience and you can purchase every last bit of it using in game gold if you want to.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Yes, fashion is the end game.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Zero. posted:

Guild Wars 2: Even the Trolls Are Filthy Casuals

Triethyl
Dec 31, 2006

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Fashion, Esports, and waiting for Cantha/Elona/Tengu/Arus expansions.

Just kidding, Arus is always expanding.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Pay2BeBeautiful

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I wish every MMO's cash store had a store currency <-> in game currency exchange like GW2. While not a state of perfection, it significantly reduces all of the downsides that come with there being a cash shop in general. It is a lot harder to claim that a game is pay2win with that option in place.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Lyer posted:

God I really need to get on that. Used wvw to level my ranger and finished 1 of the achievements and about halfway through all the others, but once I hit 80 on my ranger I kind of just stopped playing it.

I was kind of thinking of doing the same with leveling the ranger. Been wanting to make a ranger for sometime but I felt I should finish leveling a mesmer which I'm not real crazy about playing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zero. posted:

Are you trying to bring some stupid childish debate over from reddit or just shitposting? What new things are remotely "pay2win"? What the gently caress is a "gem-thingy-thing-thing-stuff"?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If being on the cutting edge of fashion is the end game, then the Gem Store is certainly pay to win. There's no way I could keep up with the Joneses on a PvP salary.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Other than fashion being the endgame I can't even think of a good argument that this game is p2win to refute.

But speaking of posts from reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/23refa/hanging_out_in_orr_is_actually_fun_now/cgzxjoe posted:

I always feel happy when I run around in Orr and mobs yell "EVERYONE, CUM!" to my little female asura. Feels like Hentai.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
It's too bad they stopped making gem store gathering tools that drop extra stuff like that pickaxe. It was the only reason I bought it (It's not even that worth it :S).

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
They can make something that tracks what bosses you've beaten in order to not give you loot, but they cant make an indicator that tells you what paths you've done today...

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ShadowMoo posted:

They can make something that tracks what bosses you've beaten in order to not give you loot, but they cant make an indicator that tells you what paths you've done today...

maybe if it bothers you that much you could try writing down what dungeon paths you have already done today on like a piece of paper?

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
Last week I ran through all the story mode dungeons over a few nights, and I had thought it would give all my alts access to explorable paths. But it seems like nothing changed for my alts for entering dungeons. Maybe I just misunderstood or misheard something.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

String Beans posted:

Last week I ran through all the story mode dungeons over a few nights, and I had thought it would give all my alts access to explorable paths. But it seems like nothing changed for my alts for entering dungeons. Maybe I just misunderstood or misheard something.

What level are your alts? I think the min level for explorables are different from the story paths.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
An asura threatened to cut me IRL because I called him an 'ugly babydoll' and covered him up with a healing turret.

Roleplaying owns.

String Beans posted:

I thought this was the case too, but perhaps they only reset the explorables because they now unlock the PvP tracks.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

String Beans posted:

You unlock the pvp reward track on all your guys.

You don't unlock the dungeon on all your guys.

It's dumb.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

a medical mystery posted:

What level are your alts? I think the min level for explorables are different from the story paths.

Well, besides my mesmer all my alts are level 80. Like it isn't a super big deal, but it seems a little annoying after chain running story dungeons.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Is there a dungeon for which story mode is not required to complete the campaign? I have at least one track completed for each dungeon, but am missing one dungeon from the "do all story modes" achievement and I can't figure out which it might have been.

Or am I completely misremembering things and is it that none except for Arah are actually required?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

maybe if it bothers you that much you could try writing down what dungeon paths you have already done today on like a piece of paper?

Or they could put in what they said theys were going too at launch, considering that they obviously have the flags to do so if they can track and block mini-boss chest drops.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Is there a dungeon for which story mode is not required to complete the campaign? I have at least one track completed for each dungeon, but am missing one dungeon from the "do all story modes" achievement and I can't figure out which it might have been.

Or am I completely misremembering things and is it that none except for Arah are actually required?

None 'cept for arah are required IIRC, easiest way to tell is to run to the portal and see if it only gives you a story mode selection.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 23, 2014

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

ShadowMoo posted:

...easiest way to tell is to run to the portal and see if it only gives you a story mode selection.

Well now I feel like a big dumb idiot because of course this is what I should do.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Fifteen of Many posted:

Well now I feel like a big dumb idiot because of course this is what I should do.

Yeah it's a lot easier than forgetting which Explorable paths you've done. I think I did all of the wrong CoF paths before I picked the one that I missed.

Also I can't play this game at the moment, I need to "repaste" my "GPU" or some poo poo. Computers are dumb

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If being on the cutting edge of fashion is the end game, then the Gem Store is certainly pay to win. There's no way I could keep up with the Joneses on a PvP salary.

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm of not, but if not...

Being on the "cutting edge of fashion" is not the end game. Dressing up your characters however you think they look best is though for a lot of people. Many of these people use some of the most commonly acquired items in the game to do so. Others happily play the game without getting into that very much. What is offered through the Gem Store is a tiny fraction of the skins that you can acquire in the game. If you want them you can trade gold for gems or fork over $10 every now and then. That or ignore them entirely like so many people do.

"Pay to win" is a phrase which originated from the idea that one could buy items that power up your character in such a way that allows them to have a competitive advantage. Especially in PvP. Nothing like that exists in the GW2 cash shop. Heck, nothing like that even exists in their cash shop for those that take the pay to win definition and extend it to PvE. Buying stuff in a cash shop that is strictly convenience or cosmetic has never been considered a pay to win business model regardless of how popular cosmetic items are in any particular game. In the end, these games have to monetize some how and this is a great way to do it.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 23, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Pretty sure that was a joke he made.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Bauxite posted:

Pretty sure that was a joke he made.

Yeah, I realized that about 10 seconds too late...maybe.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Guild Wars 2 is a game about regret.

Regret for not having enough armor skins.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I regret not rolling with the character name Blogan Blackeray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I regret not rolling with the character name Blogan Blackeray.

You could have Cletus buy a name change for you.

• Locked thread