Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
FMP karate triplets commit a Gundam faux pas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDivcd9QGuU

Oooh, and Hibiki's engrish!

Edit: wrapped Hibiki's video in a polsy because the related vids have spoilers.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

You guys weren't kidding about Hibiki's engrish, that stilted katakana reading is fantastic. :allears:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GimmickMan posted:

You guys weren't kidding about Hibiki's engrish, that stilted katakana reading is fantastic. :allears:

COOL AS HELL.

I await eagerly for him showing up in OG and everyone mocking him for that.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hellioning posted:

COOL AS HELL.

I await eagerly for him showing up in OG and everyone mocking him for that.

Except Ryuusei. He appreciates good engrish.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Brunom1 posted:

Except Ryuusei. He appreciates good engrish.

Excellen would probably enjoy it, but she enjoys pretty much everything.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
GOT TO GO
and
ONE SHOT ONE KILL

are my two favorites, especially since the second one isn't even on dynamic finishers

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

Excellen would probably enjoy it, but she enjoys pretty much everything.
Excellen would discover that the Genion creates pilot suits based on the pilot(s) inner feelings, turn to Kyosuke and Dr. Radom, and be met with the most emphatic "NO." ever.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god Excellen's going to have so much fun screwing with the female cast of J. Festenia'll go along with it but everyone else'll just get flustered as hell and it'll be terrific.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Just picked up Kallen in my play through. She's a drat beast and almost makes me want to go through Code Geass again.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

PurplieNurplie posted:

That's why I'm considering messing with screenshotting J and seeing if I can make anything of it :v:

But, where would you start?

J's such a choice-y game that I'm not sure its all that simple to do in the normal Something Awful style, of showing all the content. You have 2 protagonists, which would be alright, but you also have the 3 (actually 4) different units, so doing something like the Z LP means only seeing half the possible main units. Then, if you do the two concurrent playthroughs, you have to pick which routes each playthrough gets: Do you send Touya on all the Archangel splits, and Calvina on the Nadesico ones, or do you arrange it by secrets, in which case one person would get Great Zeorymer and the other gets virtually no secrets?

It's hardly impossible to do, I'm just curious how you'd approach it, since you'd want the readers to have input on some level, but you'd have to put your foot down on other things. Its a conundrum to me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You just have a vote to choose the protagonist and their mecha. Then you let people vote on route splits and let them determine 2 or 3 of the characters you take on missions. It would be hell to make but it would be pretty simple.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ethiser posted:

You just have a vote to choose the protagonist and their mecha. Then you let people vote on route splits and let them determine 2 or 3 of the characters you take on missions. It would be hell to make but it would be pretty simple.

And have a separate save file you cheat the hell out of to show some of the side content missed.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Heck cheat the hell out of the main file. Its not like there are any skill points or anything. Just make it so you get all the secrets and give yourself enough money so you can upgrade whatever units people want you to use.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Getting Great Zeorymer is pretty terrible for an LP because it involves benching Zeorymer all the time and also missing out on pretty much every other secret, and you're kinda trying to show the game here. After watching its animations once there is not much to Great Zeorymer from an LP standpoint. Go with whatever originals and route splits the thread prefers but keep the 'canon' save file as the one that doesn't get Great Zeorymer. Show it off in a bonus update at the end.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Ethiser posted:

That would be fine for a simple LP, heck I tried to do it this way myself once on an RPG forum (Note: a lot of screenshots. Like, getting to 1000 per stages by midgame). But SA has set itself up to a higher standard of sorts when doing SRW LPs, with all the route splits getting covered and attempts to get all the secrets, and that attitude doesn't work as well for J. If you try this method you'll end up with a competent LP, but it won't look so look side by side with the Alpha Gaiden or W LPs, or the Z stuff that's been done so far.

If it was me personally, I'd have one Fresh Game file where the Readers of the LP make all the decisions, and then load up my 5xNG+ file for a Vorlent playthrough to show off the choices not taken. But that's just me, and I'd have to kindly explain to people that even with those 2 files, I can't get everything. Links to Youtube videos would have to suffice for the other 2 main units, for example.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ethiser posted:

Heck cheat the hell out of the main file. Its not like there are any skill points or anything. Just make it so you get all the secrets and give yourself enough money so you can upgrade whatever units people want you to use.

Finish up with exhibition mode by cheating the hell out of everything. Great Zeo with Mazinpower, Instinct, and super/hyper mode anyone?
:getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The differences between Setsuko and Rand is far more then the difference between Calvina and Toya is.

In Z your protagonist choice determines what half the stages you play will be, in J there's like, one stage?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

The differences between Setsuko and Rand is far more then the difference between Calvina and Toya is.

In Z your protagonist choice determines what half the stages you play will be, in J there's like, one stage?

The first stage is different and you get the Original one stage later with one of them. Other than that it's just the individual character arcs, and that can be covered by just a simple little aside (Toya angsts pretty hard right here).
EDIT: A couple stages play out a little different because of previous characterization. The one that springs to mind is the Lacus level, which has Toya predeployed since he goes along with returning her to ZAFT compared to the more militarily disciplined Calvina.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

The first stage is different and you get the Original one stage later with one of them. Other than that it's just the individual character arcs, and that can be covered by just a simple little aside (Toya angsts pretty hard right here).
EDIT: A couple stages play out a little different because of previous characterization. The one that springs to mind is the Lacus level, which has Toya predeployed since he goes along with returning her to ZAFT compared to the more militarily disciplined Calvina.
There's also the aftermath to stage...20 or 21, I forget which one. This is where you fight the Fury for the first proper time and meet Al-Van. Touya basically learns he is completely human and actually is part Fury, and mopes a little bit (again) before moving on. Calvina, on the other hand, goes loving ballistic on everyone in the hangar for letting Al-Van escape (since he revealed that he set up the deaths of her comrades during the stage). It takes both the Mithril people and the Cyber Beast Force to stop Calvina from going completely berserk.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

There's also the aftermath to stage...20 or 21, I forget which one. This is where you fight the Fury for the first proper time and meet Al-Van. Touya basically learns he is completely human and actually is part Fury, and mopes a little bit (again) before moving on. Calvina, on the other hand, goes loving ballistic on everyone in the hangar for letting Al-Van escape (since he revealed that he set up the deaths of her comrades during the stage). It takes both the Mithril people and the Cyber Beast Force to stop Calvina from going completely berserk.

That's more storyline stuff, the character arcs are pretty different, Toya's is pretty generic "High School Student gets a robot from his dad and saves the world, and Calvina's is slightly more interesting. Don't remember much of it outside of her blind rage but I remember it being better than Toya's.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Someone on /m/ posted a script for the opening scene of Z3's mission 60 over here.

Badass! :black101:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Oh my god, all the Gundam Anti-Spiral Labyrinths are just agonizing. Poor Camille.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I have no idea what they are going to put in the next game in order to raise the stakes. Diebuster could be close but I'm not sure of another series that could take the game to such a level of insanity.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Heh. Shinn actually punched Kira.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Heh. Shinn actually punched Kira.

That line is more like "even if you hurt me" and not him actually being hit. It goes with what Heero/Shinn are saying before and after.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

If you pick Mari over Asuka, does it unlock Beast mode for Eva 02?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

If you pick Mari over Asuka, does it unlock Beast mode for Eva 02?

There is no Beast Mode in 3.1. It ends just after Eva-03/Original Aquarion being stolen

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There is no Beast Mode in 3.1. It ends just after Eva-03/Original Aquarion being stolen

Well I guess that makes it slightly easier to decide, so it's pretty much just a spirit and slight stat change?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

Well I guess that makes it slightly easier to decide, so it's pretty much just a spirit and slight stat change?

Pretty much. Asuka is better at direct attacking, Mari is better at squad killer IIRC.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TARDISman posted:

That's more storyline stuff, the character arcs are pretty different, Toya's is pretty generic "High School Student gets a robot from his dad and saves the world, and Calvina's is slightly more interesting. Don't remember much of it outside of her blind rage but I remember it being better than Toya's.

Both of J's original stories fall pretty flat. Touya's story has like a dozen dropped or hastily resolved plot threads while Calvina's can only be described as "man I'm so depresse- ARRRRRGGGHHHH SOOO ANGRYYYY- okay I'm good now").

Calvina's is more unique, I guess.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
My goodness, the Delta Plus is really good! I took Riddhe out and gave it to Amuro which ended up a solid choice. Both it and Unicorn are really good, especially compared to the other early Gundams.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

That Dai-Guard scene is hilarious and also pretty depressing.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Hang on the whole thing with the alternate space labyrinth was that they all had ostensibly perfect lives, and half of those are waking nightmares what gives?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Levantine posted:

My goodness, the Delta Plus is really good! I took Riddhe out and gave it to Amuro which ended up a solid choice. Both it and Unicorn are really good, especially compared to the other early Gundams.

Yep they turned Riddhe's best performance as a pilot into it's best attack lol.

Edit: Also combined with Riddhe's spirit commands and the FUB for Delta+ it can function pretty well as taxi service for Unicorn as well.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 24, 2014

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So what's smiley robot man's deal? He just seemed to come out of nowhere when Hibiki got his mech.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Artum posted:

Hang on the whole thing with the alternate space labyrinth was that they all had ostensibly perfect lives, and half of those are waking nightmares what gives?

The Anti-Spiral in the dialogue pretty clearly says it does both. I just love how the UC Gundam scenes are all their original canon endings.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mutant Headcrab posted:

The Anti-Spiral in the dialogue pretty clearly says it does both. I just love how the UC Gundam scenes are all their original canon endings.

And Shinn goes right back to punching Kira in the face. The Z giveth and the Z taketh away.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

AradoBalanga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8jnXFyrBE
Chirico piloting Bonta-kun, for those that want it.

Times like these I wish I'd taken japanese lessons

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
YESSSS. I finally have my copy of the game. It only took 15 days to arrive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Getting Great Zeorymer is pretty terrible for an LP because it involves benching Zeorymer all the time and also missing out on pretty much every other secret, and you're kinda trying to show the game here. After watching its animations once there is not much to Great Zeorymer from an LP standpoint. Go with whatever originals and route splits the thread prefers but keep the 'canon' save file as the one that doesn't get Great Zeorymer. Show it off in a bonus update at the end.

He could just make two different saves and do two different routes.

I know I would.

• Locked thread