Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Our defense is so fragile :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I don't know why they keep forcing Mateo to play lock, he should be in the second row.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Oh great, Sir Billy said it was out on the full so let's just put the flag up and not check it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:stare: DAT loving TRY

edit: :drat:

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Was a pretty good try.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What about the high loving tackle?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
gently caress yeah.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Warriors deserved that win.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

gently caress yeah.

That was a great game, even better for the gently caress Melbourne factor and supporting the Warriors.

Rugby League!

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
This whole drinking to celebrate instead of to forget thing is new and unfamiliar.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This Inglis kid goes alright

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

poo poo kick by Barba, amazing run by Inglis. He really deserves the fullback spot for Queensland now, Slater will have to settle for the wing.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Nine'a game clock is messed up. It's counting down when it should be counting up, and resets to the right time after every try.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

That was a half of two halves

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yay Warriors :unsmith:

Best game I've seen us play in a while. There was that patch after half time where it looked as though we'd crumble but they recovered well and deserved to win.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Has Sam T settled in well down there? How's he looking?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He's getting there. On attack he's comfortably earning his keep, although it would be nice if he could get a pair of boots that would stop him from falling over all the time. On defence he's learning quickly. His first few games had too many spilled bombs and he's not the strongest tackler on the park. His combination with Johnson is working well, and from the handful of games Leuluai played with him it was obvious that they're familiar with each other's play from Wigan.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jono C posted:

He's getting there. On attack he's comfortably earning his keep, although it would be nice if he could get a pair of boots that would stop him from falling over all the time. On defence he's learning quickly. His first few games had too many spilled bombs and he's not the strongest tackler on the park. His combination with Johnson is working well, and from the handful of games Leuluai played with him it was obvious that they're familiar with each other's play from Wigan.

He was renowned for losing his feet here too, although he rarely spilled bombs so I'd maybe say nerves might've played a part there. His attacking game was one of the most terrifying things ever when he played against us, but he was always weak in defence, skinny legs you see.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

He was renowned for losing his feet here too, although he rarely spilled bombs so I'd maybe say nerves might've played a part there. His attacking game was one of the most terrifying things ever when he played against us, but he was always weak in defence, skinny legs you see.

He seems to have good goaline defensive nous and has made a couple of good trysavers to hold players up over the line, does fine defensively for a relatively small man. the bombs and the slipping over are the main problems but he's settling in ok.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Any saints fans coming to leeds for the cup game? I'll buy you a beer before we smash you if you fancy.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Both teams might struggle to field 13 healthy players by full time.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I still don't understand why they call knock ons for every little bobble in League whether the ball actually goes forward or not - that was not a knock on from the Penrith dummy half.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm ok with the spirit of the law being hold onto the ball if you don't want any problems.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Reynolds should work at Dairy Queen

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Reynolds should work at Dairy Queen

Yeah it sucks how it keeps working for him, won them the game last week.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That looked like the touch judge missed the ball going out on two counts on that would-be 40/20.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The refs need to remember they can tell Ennis to gently caress off now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good game, enjoyed it.

Ennis needs a punch in the balls.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My expectations are so low now I'm just happy when we put effort in.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Smorgasbord posted:

I still don't understand why they call knock ons for every little bobble in League whether the ball actually goes forward or not - that was not a knock on from the Penrith dummy half.

Yeah, compared to Union refs, League refs are super strict about knock-ons and a lot less strict about high tackles, despite the fact that the rules are, afaik, essentially the same.

I guess they want to prevent the game looking like Australian Rules, with everyone chasing after the ball while it rolls around on the ground and people trip over each other when it changes direction.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

My expectations are so low now I'm just happy when we put effort in.

Balmain/Wests Tigers supporters' motto, 1908-present.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Any saints fans coming to leeds for the cup game? I'll buy you a beer before we smash you if you fancy.

Is/was that match on TV? If so, please spoiler-tag it for me until I can watch it. If not on TV, then please tell me that Leeds won (unless they didn't :ohdear:)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I feel bad for Raiders fans but :lol: Ricky Stuart

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
24 - 0, 16 minutes in? Fuuuuck

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Might be a record smashing

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Someone needs to blow the hooter or throw in the towel or something.

edit: on track for 50-0 HT

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 27, 2014

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is almost cruel. Shouldn't some international organisation step in to end this massacre

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Um, watching the live scores while in Indianapolis. What the gently caress is going on with Canberra?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

iajanus posted:

Um, watching the live scores while in Indianapolis. What the gently caress is going on with Canberra?

Manly are a good team and Canberra are playing absolutely terrible. Its a bad combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

This is almost cruel. Shouldn't some international organisation step in to end this massacre

Technically Ricky Stuart has committed crimes against humanity at most stops along his career.

• Locked thread