Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

CrispKing posted:

Once the girlfriend moved in, I had to take the WAF into account and that's why I moved to XBMC. Once it's set up you don't have to mess with anything, but as with most of these apps you end up spending a ton of time tinkering (if you're so inclined).

I just wanted to stress to potential users that tinkering isn't required. I have XBMC set up on three computers and I haven't touched their configs or anything about them in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Yeah same here, I never tinker with mine. When I first got it I wanted the complete experience with emulators and everything so it took forever but if you just want to play video you can be up and running with OpenElec in like 15 minutes. The hardest part is making sure your stuff is named appropriately but there are several programs that do that in addition to Sickbeard/Drone/CP doing it natively.

OpenElec/XBMC is very easy for the GF/daughter to use as well, no complaints in our family. I did hide the settings menu from the daughters login though just so she can't gently caress everything up :)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Sickbeard and NZBDrone are designed with something like XBMC in mind, when you try and concot them into some scheme where you're manually accessing the files, you're not using them the right way, so you shouldn't be surprised that they fail.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm always amazed by how many people seem actively opposed to using media libraries. It's like "this is where KaZaA put my downloads in 2001 and I don't want to move a thing."

I understand not wanting to go through the trouble of organizing things yourself, but that's not the case these days with everything supporting automatic identification and renaming. Spend five minutes to set it up once for your preferred layout and forget it.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

So, aside from renaming directories/changing the incomplete directory, is there a possibility of it automatically handling "Unpacking failed, path is too long" errors?

Typically, if I perform an 'extract here' in the incomplete directory, the path isn't too long. It is too long if it extracts to a directory the same name as the rar file. Can't it do a rar test to determine the file structure and do 'extract here' if necessary? How about a temp dir that is 1 character if it needs to extract to a different directory than the rar files for processing?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dead Goon posted:

Download it, extract it over your existing folder.

Do I need to stop it and then restart it?
Literally just download and replace over files?

[edit] And do I need to save any kind of config file with my preferences?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

I think the reason I never used XBMC was because it took me so long to get MPCHC+madvr to play 23.976fps content without frame drops or repeats on my TV, I didn't want to gently caress around with it and ruin it.

I think I've sorted it anyway, I just have nzbdrone download them to folders hidden away in an incomplete download folder and then have SAB rename them and move them to the folder in my start menu. Not sure if nzbdrone is going to freak out when the files are missing but its never done before when I delete them immediately after watching.

Thanks for the suggestions either way. I know I probably sound unreasonably obsessive about having everything in one folder and a specific way but I like it this way, its just clean and quick and I'm so used to it now.

Now I just need to get a script that deletes .nfo files for the TV category.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Feenix posted:

Do I need to stop it and then restart it?
Literally just download and replace over files?

[edit] And do I need to save any kind of config file with my preferences?

Yeah sorry, stop it, download and replace files and then restart.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dead Goon posted:

Yeah sorry, stop it, download and replace files and then restart.

But if I just copy everything over is it going to wipe out all my config/settings/shows? Isn't that held in some file somewhere that's likely to be overwritten?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Feenix posted:

But if I just copy everything over is it going to wipe out all my config/settings/shows? Isn't that held in some file somewhere that's likely to be overwritten?

Nope.

Just did it myself - your post reminded me to check for an update and everything has worked exactly as it should.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dead Goon posted:

Nope.

Just did it myself - your post reminded me to check for an update and everything has worked exactly as it should.

Thank you. I just did it and it worked. Appreciate it. I was just scared I'd wipe out everything and have to start fresh. :)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Anyone else being told by NZB.su that they are using 'a really old version of Firefox' and not being allowed through? I've got FF 28.0 which is telling me it's up to date.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Anyone else being told by NZB.su that they are using 'a really old version of Firefox' and not being allowed through? I've got FF 28.0 which is telling me it's up to date.
I haven't noticed anything with that site, but have you changed your browser's user agent in the past?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The current Firefox beta (29) is my primary browser on both my Win 7 desktop and my MacBook Pro. Site works fine on both.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I haven't noticed anything with that site, but have you changed your browser's user agent in the past?

It fixed itself a few hours later. I assume they hosed something up at their end.

Fourteen
Aug 15, 2002

No, no, no you imbecile! That's not talc, that's paprika!
Does anyone else using Couchpotato Server (for Windows) continually get the "A new version is available - see what has changed orjust update, gogogo!" at the bottom of the screen? I've had no luck in actually updating this to make it go away.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I updated to the latest NZBDrone and copied over the new version over my old version. All my shows are downloading via SABNZBD but just being left in the download folder, pre title-formatting and final destination placing. Any idea what happened?

[edit] Yeah I have no idea what happened or how to fix. But it even keeps trying to download all of the shows over and over again from last night. Ugh... no one else had this problem when updating NZBDrone?
:(

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 28, 2014

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Feenix posted:

I updated to the latest NZBDrone and copied over the new version over my old version. All my shows are downloading via SABNZBD but just being left in the download folder, pre title-formatting and final destination placing. Any idea what happened?

[edit] Yeah I have no idea what happened or how to fix. But it even keeps trying to download all of the shows over and over again from last night. Ugh... no one else had this problem when updating NZBDrone?
:(

I have had this problem too that appeared after updating over the weekend (nzbdrone and mono). Some shows are being processed fine, others are not. Looks like maybe some other people are having the same issue http://forums.nzbdrone.com/discussion/1987/recently-nzbdrone-has-been-downloading-files-more-than-once-#Item_7

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mcsquared posted:

I have had this problem too that appeared after updating over the weekend (nzbdrone and mono). Some shows are being processed fine, others are not. Looks like maybe some other people are having the same issue http://forums.nzbdrone.com/discussion/1987/recently-nzbdrone-has-been-downloading-files-more-than-once-#Item_7

Good advice. I rebooted my Mac, and some time later things are working again...(but it wasn't right away, wtf...)

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It appears that Astraweb and NewsgroupDirect are not enough to ensure that you'll complete downloads. I'm getting a lot of failures.

On various listings of this Linux distro

Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (900 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (652 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (802 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (800 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (756 short)

It is hitting the backup server. I'm up to 8gigs of use this month alone out of my block plan.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

YouTuber posted:

It appears that Astraweb and NewsgroupDirect are not enough to ensure that you'll complete downloads. I'm getting a lot of failures.

On various listings of this Linux distro

Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (900 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (802 short)
Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (756 short)

It is hitting the backup server. I'm up to 8gigs of use this month alone out of my block plan.
I use a free xsusenet.com account for my backfill. It's only 1mbit download but for the amount that it gets used, it's not too bad. Plus, you can't beat free.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I have Sickbeard setup to use torrents (for all the Usenet stuff that has been failing) but I see no way to tell it to remove a torrent after seeding 1:1? Couch Potato has the option (to remove a torrent after a certain amount of minutes or ratio) but I cannot find such a setting in Sickbeard. I've been looking and Googling the Sickbeard forums for hours. Anyone have any idea?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
If using Torrent option in SB, I would say seeding stopping is something your torrent client can handle for you.

eames
May 9, 2009

Slightly offtopic, but with regards to the XBMC talk earlier, I would like to point out that XBMCtorrent is a thing and it works shockingly well. There is a similar plugin for Plex too.

eames fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 1, 2014

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Heners_UK posted:

If using Torrent option in SB, I would say seeding stopping is something your torrent client can handle for you.

I am using UTorrent and I see no option anywhere. The closest thing I found is some script someone wrote that auto-deletes a torrent right after it finishes downloading the file. I don't want to do that as it's kind of scummy to 'hit and run'.

Does UTorrent not have an option anywhere to "remove torrent after 1:1 ratio" or "X amount of time"?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
It has this option in the settings. I'm not at my computer at the moment but if you go to the settings it's there maybe under BitTorrent or bandwidth sections. There's a place where it says something to the effect of stop seeding when torrents have reached the seeding goal.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Melmac posted:

I am using UTorrent and I see no option anywhere. The closest thing I found is some script someone wrote that auto-deletes a torrent right after it finishes downloading the file. I don't want to do that as it's kind of scummy to 'hit and run'.

Does UTorrent not have an option anywhere to "remove torrent after 1:1 ratio" or "X amount of time"?

I set this up a while back, but when one of my files finishes in uTorrent, it kicks off a script that removes the file, then moves it, then launches a renaming program. So far it has been working well.

I didn't see a way at the time (or missed it) for a seed ration.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to get you more details after work.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Melmac posted:

Here's the popular 2.2.1 queue page doing this at least 3 years ago:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

I use a free xsusenet.com account for my backfill. It's only 1mbit download but for the amount that it gets used, it's not too bad. Plus, you can't beat free.

I have an Xsusenet account actually. I let it lapse since my block was enough but apparently it's time to activate it again to increase binary availability.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

EvilMoFo posted:

So, aside from renaming directories/changing the incomplete directory, is there a possibility of it automatically handling "Unpacking failed, path is too long" errors?

Typically, if I perform an 'extract here' in the incomplete directory, the path isn't too long. It is too long if it extracts to a directory the same name as the rar file. Can't it do a rar test to determine the file structure and do 'extract here' if necessary? How about a temp dir that is 1 character if it needs to extract to a different directory than the rar files for processing?

Adding to this, I get this a whole lot:
Saving d:\downloads\incomplete\a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo 0123 - a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo x.yz(ab0000000)\__ADMIN__\a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo 0123 - a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo x.yz(ab0000000).nzb.gz failed

In lieu of finding the people who post and slapping them upside the head for their poo poo filenames, couldn't SABnzbd detect and automatically handle this nonsense? That ridiculous filename is 130 characters alone, the path adds up to 287 characters; if I had a drive dedicated to incompletes, removing downloads\incomplete from the path, it would only go down 21 to 266 characters and still not work.

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 3, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

EvilMoFo posted:

Adding to this, I get this a whole lot:
Saving d:\downloads\incomplete\a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo 0123 - a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo x.yz(ab0000000)\__ADMIN__\a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo 0123 - a.totally.open.source.and.thus.legal.download.nfo x.yz(ab0000000).nzb.gz failed

In lieu of finding the people who post and slapping them upside the head for their poo poo filenames, couldn't SABnzbd detect and automatically handle this nonsense? That ridiculous filename is 130 characters alone, the path adds up to 287 characters; if I had a drive dedicated to incompletes, removing downloads\incomplete from the path, it would only go down 21 to 266 characters and still not work.
260 characters -("d:\downloads\incomplete\" + "\__ADMIN__\" + ".nzb.gz" + 1 null byte) /2

http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/config/special/ set folder_max_length to <108 (I think?)

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Thank you for pointing out that magical setting, I set that bitch to 100 and the download worked as expected. :parrot:

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Anyone having problems with dognzb?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Yep. Sick beard had a bunch of errors. I poked around the site and saw something I think is a recent change in their FAQ. The API address is API.dognzb.cr. I had it on http://dognzb.cr which was working fine until today or yesterday (guessing because haven't looked at sick beard in a couple of days).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

serebralassazin posted:

Yep. Sick beard had a bunch of errors. I poked around the site and saw something I think is a recent change in their FAQ. The API address is API.dognzb.cr. I had it on http://dognzb.cr which was working fine until today or yesterday (guessing because haven't looked at sick beard in a couple of days).

Thanks. It hadn't worked for me in Nzb360 in about a week.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Thank you!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I haven't checked this thread in months and I'm just hearing about NZBDrone for the first time. Doesn't look like the OP has been updated with any info about it. So what are the advantages of NZBDrone over Sickbeard? Are people running both? Switching from SB to NZBDrone?

I read through the feature list and it looks like it does pretty much the same thing as SB but the fact that Visual Studio is a requirement makes me a bit squeamish since I only use Linux and OSX boxes for NNTP stuff. I can also "brew upgrade sickbeard" in OSX but there doesn't seem to be an official homebrew formula for NZBDrone. How do you upgrade on a unix-like system? Can you just git pull the repo and restart the service or do you have to manually recompile for each release?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lawen posted:

So what are the advantages of NZBDrone over Sickbeard? Are people running both? Switching from SB to NZBDrone?
Not sure if Sickbeard does some stuff NZBDrone doesn't, but NZBDrone is much faster at renaming things and downloading metadata (though speed differences in a kind of bulk processing is somewhat negligible to a user), plus there is a renaming preview (with checkboxes) so you can know things won't get misnamed when you're trying to add a bunch of files you already have to your collection at once. Then again, multi-platform FileBot already exists.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Faster searches and failed download handling are the main features. I really like Drones calendar views and configuration more than Sickbeard as well. Sickbeard development is kind of weird and the Drone guys seem to iterate much faster. Other than that no real reason, just use whatever you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Is there a way to tweak the search string sickbeard uses for a specific show? The problem I am having is one of the shows I have in sickbeard comes back from tvdb as seasons 2012,2013,2014 instead of season 5,6,7, etc. Therefore sickbeard searches for 'some show S2014E03' instead of S04E03 and obviously never fins anything despite the shows being available.