Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This thread is loving magical.

I'm gonna cry with happiness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

quite the fucker posted:

it's fine for most zones but they should have kept the main cities hom-server-based for rpers,

Are you kidding? Watching map chat be full of RPers who complain that being exposed to more people turns the game into a single-player experience was the highlight of my day yesterday.

Because it convinced me to finally be free of map chat, granted, but still.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bob Loblaw posted:

I tried posting in the GOON board, but maybe it's my breath. Any chance I can get back in with them and/or SFD? I suck cock like a champ if that helps my chances (not gay).

TommyTutone.9130

You've had an invite pending to Goon Squad for the last two days, and you posted twice in the re-invitation thread already. Perhaps try checking the guild UI in-game?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Mockup of a potential hybrid:

In unrelated news, are they still giving away a free Black Lion Key? I claimed mine, so I wouldn't know.

MatthewMezmo
Dec 25, 2006
Pillage Before You Burn
A quick thank you to Erma Gherdian for helping me get to that blasted guardian chest tonight. Gogo +300 vitality:hist101:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm gonna cry with happiness!

The bird only responds to "snail" and "food".

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Max Peck posted:

Are you kidding? Watching map chat be full of RPers who complain that being exposed to more people turns the game into a single-player experience was the highlight of my day yesterday.

Because it convinced me to finally be free of map chat, granted, but still.

And some people just like to type up dumb stories and elaborate emotes for their own storylines, and are now being forcibly split up from meeting their own? I dunno, I like RP too. But mostly it being spontaneous and to meet both your friends and entirely new people.

Honestly, for some people, the lore and the RP were their reason for staying :smith:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Gosh, if only there were a list of ways to make it more likely for everyone to wind up on the same map. Admittedly, squads don't seem to be on that list and, if they really don't affect placement, need to be for both PvE and RP purposes.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Max Peck posted:

Gosh, if only there were a list of ways to make it more likely for everyone to wind up on the same map. Admittedly, squads don't seem to be on that list and, if they really don't affect placement, need to be for both PvE and RP purposes.

So far, it's only parties that allow you to move between instances if they're not full, taxi'ing like before. And if guilds work (we still don't have official word that they do), you have to be representing them constantly, which kinda defeats the purpose of a guild as a means to represent an arm from an Order, a merc outfit, Krytan houses of nobility, or a bunch of warbands strung together, or much of anything else.

I get that roleplayers can be and have been whiny, entitled people, but I can also understand their woes and do wish this system will get its kinks ironed out. Just walking up to a group of people and joining in is made a lot more difficult if they're stretched thing between five mega-instances.

Though seeing entire maps full with people and talking with everybody of so many languages is pretty drat engaging. And hey, sometimes you have people join in on whatever you do, be it PvE or just typing up dumb poo poo :v:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I just saw a guild recruiting in map chat claiming they have "karaoke nights". Goshawk I am officially petitioning for mandatory karaoke nights during guild missions while we wait for diego to run his lowbie alt to whatever place we happen to be.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

I just saw a guild recruiting in map chat claiming they have "karaoke nights". Goshawk I am officially petitioning for mandatory karaoke nights during guild missions while we wait for diego to run his lowbie alt to whatever place we happen to be.

There are recordings of SFD karaoke nights out there somewhere, they are incredible and terrifying.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Please do not discriminate against bird/arus partnerships!

Next fanfic topic found :getin:

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Just don't. Please.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

404notfound posted:

Am I a crazy person? Is there a better way to do this?
Very similar to what I've been using forever and it works well. Mines not perfect but I'm fairly comfortable with it:

I use show/hide weapons to stop auto attacking with a ranged weapon, but sometimes I've just been disabling auto attack in general when I'm not feeling lazy. It tends to work better for wvw if you suddenly have a feedback/wall of reflection/a million years of confusion stacks in your face.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
My favorite thing about pugging AC1 is when they insist you MUST stack on the pillar for Howling King. Dying once to show them what happens is a small price.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
The EU Tournament of Legends is up

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Softface posted:

My favorite thing about pugging AC1 is when they insist you MUST stack on the pillar for Howling King. Dying once to show them what happens is a small price.

This is one of those things where if you have enough DPS it works 100% of the time. If you have a bunch of bums in soldier gear then you're going to get wrecked eventually.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Dinictus posted:

And some people just like to type up dumb stories and elaborate emotes for their own storylines, and are now being forcibly split up from meeting their own? I dunno, I like RP too. But mostly it being spontaneous and to meet both your friends and entirely new people.

Honestly, for some people, the lore and the RP were their reason for staying :smith:

RPers want an exclusive server. It is not reasonable to expect that. Custom chat channels would be beneficial though and for many reasons beyond RPing.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

ItBurns posted:

This is one of those things where if you have enough DPS it works 100% of the time. If you have a bunch of bums in soldier gear then you're going to get wrecked eventually.

Does it? I mean, we always stack the pillar for Colossus Rumblus, but I've never even heard of people trying to stack HK. We usually just engage him on the far side of the room and try to DPS him down before the adds become any sort of concern.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sole.Sushi posted:

Next fanfic topic found :getin:

You'd best share it in the thread so those of us without SFD forums access can admire be horrified by your work.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Mosthated posted:

The EU Tournament of Legends is up

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

At least someone is dressed appropriately.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Love the dorm rooms. hah.

Ghost of Upstate
Aug 19, 2010

This has been an issue since forever, but I kept thinking to myself, hey maybe they'll patch it this time. Since they haven't, I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something stupid and wrong, so: does anyone else have issues with Hidden Thief? About 60% of the time I don't stealth on stealing, and then when I throw feathers or whatever it'll say "immune." It's super loving annoying.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Hefty posted:

At least someone is dressed appropriately.

THIS MAKES ME ANGRY

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Cromunist posted:

This has been an issue since forever, but I kept thinking to myself, hey maybe they'll patch it this time. Since they haven't, I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something stupid and wrong, so: does anyone else have issues with Hidden Thief? About 60% of the time I don't stealth on stealing, and then when I throw feathers or whatever it'll say "immune." It's super loving annoying.

I can't imagine it'd be a conflict with Mug, but knowing Anet I'd have to suggest it.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Any EU goons on Gandara? I’m on as Krunkhorn.1867 and could use some internet friends.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Can somebody help me identify this armor set?

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

It's Primeval. Gemstore skins.

Ghost of Upstate
Aug 19, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

I can't imagine it'd be a conflict with Mug, but knowing Anet I'd have to suggest it.

I'm not using Mug, I'm 0/30/30/10/0. v :( v I've read that shortbow autoattack can mess with it, but this happens on daggers as well. I don't know.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Xavier434 posted:

RPers want an exclusive server. It is not reasonable to expect that. Custom chat channels would be beneficial though and for many reasons beyond RPing.

Some do. Most don't. Given how you can't otherwise get new roleplayers in to join in on them.

Takes one to know them :v:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Cromunist posted:

I'm not using Mug, I'm 0/30/30/10/0. v :( v I've read that shortbow autoattack can mess with it, but this happens on daggers as well. I don't know.

It's steal itself that is somewhat iffy. Sometimes it just misses because there was a rock in your path or something stupid. Sometimes it just missed because gently caress you, that's why. I imagine it doesn't trigger if you miss.

slam5000
Aug 19, 2012
Figured I would show off the look of my Necro. I have been switching out looks for a while now, but I'm really happy with the current appearance.

The head piece is from the Arah set, the shoulders and gloves are the gem store toxic mantle and gloves, and the rest is
from the Honor of the Waves set.

The staff is "The Crossing."

Let me know what you think!

slam5000 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 26, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cletus's ranger build continues to impress.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Cletus's ranger build continues to impress.

Anything that makes ranger look great gets a thumbs up from me.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
The condi PU mesmer build I posted earlier is just swell. If they pop your clones they take hella condis. If they don't you get a steady heal and just apply your own condis. If things somehow go downhill, easy to withdraw. Duelist and bleeds apply significant pressure for the enemy to run or fight which kills them either from the torment or the confusion. I love it.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You'd best share it in the thread so those of us without SFD forums access can admire be horrified by your work.

Did you see the newest one? It's great.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Schpyder posted:

Does it? I mean, we always stack the pillar for Colossus Rumblus, but I've never even heard of people trying to stack HK. We usually just engage him on the far side of the room and try to DPS him down before the adds become any sort of concern.

Does it not? The boss doesn't have much in terms of HP so it doesn't really matter where you engage him. It's not so much the spot as it is the people.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

slam5000 posted:

Figured I would show off the look of my Necro. I have been switching out looks for a while now, but I'm really happy with the current appearance.

The head piece is from the Arah set, the shoulders and gloves are the gem store toxic mantle and gloves, and the rest is
from the Honor of the Waves set.

The staff is "The Crossing."

Let me know what you think!

that's pretty dope bro

edit: I really wish that the toxic gloves and shoulders would still be available... loving temporary content gently caress you!

Bret Hart fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 26, 2014

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

King Lazer posted:

It's Primeval. Gemstore skins.

Thanks! It's a shame it looks like rear end on female characters then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Thanks! It's a shame it looks like rear end on female characters then.

It looks identical on females. :confused:

One of the few gem store sets that doesn't change dramatically between genders.

• Locked thread