Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Kibayasu posted:

I'm never quite sure if scope glint exists or not if you're just running around with your gun down. One day I don't see it until someone is aiming at me, other days I swear I saw it before the guy got into sights.

Pretty sure it's only when aiming in the scope, but remember that there's a slight delay from hitting the button to focusing and actually being able to do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Scope glint only shows up when you ADS with a 6x or above. 4x and down does not have scope glint.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Does the double XP event usually take place when the premium calendar actually says it to (one hour ago) or is it usually like a day late kind of thing?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I think all the Double XP Weekends have gone from 00:00 (PST/EST?) on Saturday Morning until 23:59 Sunday Night. Friday never seems to have 2xXP.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Glad to see that "Something went wrong" is still a thing

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

I think all the Double XP Weekends have gone from 00:00 (PST/EST?) on Saturday Morning until 23:59 Sunday Night. Friday never seems to have 2xXP.

Ah, alright. Thanks!

Also just went 32-0 on Hainan Resort. 2 kills with the MP443, 1 kill with the AK12, and 29 kills with the M142!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Don't forget to pm me your ideas for theme nights so they don't get eaten by the thread and the next guy complaining that battlelog is to hard.

Also redneck water park sounds amazing. Lol. Most of these are going on just after or around 7est till we get bored or lose goon critical mass and have to give up and go play conquest.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Redneck Water Park, aka Florida's Rapids Water Park.

I want to play tonight, but last night I got an error "Invalid License" and I have no idea if it fixed itself since I've rebooted. I made the mistake of trying to install and update Little Big Planet 2 on a fresh PS3, which means 26 loving updates. Also if Invalid License is a thing I'm still dealing with then I just straight don't know how to fix it. The internet only says my option is to uninstall and redownload BF4, which will probably take the better part of two-three days to redownload.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Thank you double XP weekend for motivating me to go from 92 to 100 this morning. Now I can finally do the rank 100 assignments!

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Can someone post the Sgt. Chowdown emblem code please, the one in the goon list doesn't work due to syntax error or something computers.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Pistol servers with a revolver and c4 will never old.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Can anyone confirm if those in DUNK can see what servers the LLJK goons are playing on?

As part of LLJK I can see the DUNK servers, but I want to know if the reverse is true.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Applied to LLJK as IamAhnuld.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Applied as hipster_hotdog to LLJK, even though I'll be like a month-ish without internet.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Played several rounds with some folks earlier, fun times. Always play with goons.

Bishopvi
Nov 12, 2003

And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.
Oh pharma, it was grand indeed. Thanks to dbl xp I'm gonna be on a lot more this weekend.

Also the pistol/knife on parcel storm was amazing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got on a pistol and knife server, put on 200xp and leveled up three times in one round to 99.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Finally did Perfect Landing assignment. Have to land on Firestorm or Caspian tower (don't think you have to land right on the top) - THEN in that same life go on a 10-kill streak. Dirty tactics used: Mortar, UCAV, and sneaking around with bipodded MG4 using FLIR 2X scope.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

drat, starting at level 104 you need 200,000 exp to level. I mean, still getting like 40,000EXP per match at least now that I'm using my 100%'s (ran out of 200%'s) but still, ouch.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Got the best soldier portrait ever finally.

All aboard the pudding boat.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So did the DICE super servers actually do anything?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ask the people who got new servers in the console thread.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

dog nougat posted:

Got the best soldier portrait ever finally.

All aboard the pudding boat.

My boat runs on propane and propane accessories. Buwaaaaaah

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Anyone else getting hardlocks since the new ATI drivers dropped?

I disabled me some mantle. No problems now. Well, no crashing problems. Mother fuckers still keep killing me.

tobu fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 27, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

dog nougat posted:

All aboard the pudding drug-rape boat.

There, more appropriate.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm playing on PC with an xbox 360 controller. How the hell do I slow down in a jet? I want to be able to turn my engines off (like in bf2) but for some reason It never seems to slow down to the point of a stall.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
So after playing all morning I'm seeing login errors and time outs. Anyone else having issues logging in?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

KoRMaK posted:

I'm playing on PC with an xbox 360 controller. How the hell do I slow down in a jet? I want to be able to turn my engines off (like in bf2) but for some reason It never seems to slow down to the point of a stall.

What's your throttle down button set to?

I re-mapped my controller so it's closer to BF3 console flight controls, so I can't even pretend to remember what the defaults are.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

What's your throttle down button set to?

I re-mapped my controller so it's closer to BF3 console flight controls, so I can't even pretend to remember what the defaults are.

Left joystick down. Can you full stall your plane in this game? Will the engines glow go black? That's what I would like to confirm.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lazyfire posted:

Ask the people who got new servers in the console thread.

Oh that was console only? Super

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

tobu posted:

I disabled me some mantle. No problems now. Well, no crashing problems. Mother fuckers still keep killing me.

I was/am getting BSODs on 14.2; updated to 14.4 and will see how things go

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

tobu posted:

This is how it goes with ATI. They got Mantle working for a driver revision or two, then it'll break and that will start it's slow descent into obscurity.

Much like AMD itself. :smug:

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Been getting a really irritating problem lately where explosive rounds (25mm, I think or something) won't do any damage, to anything. Was in the AC130 on Dawnbreaker, watching shots literally land on occupied vehicles/into a squad of infantry.. to no effect.

I think I read someone complaining about the same type of thing happening on that map, but when the map changed to Hanoi, I managed to hop in a Frogfoot, and somehow managed to get behind the enemy jet when the exact same loving thing happened. I ended just bailing the now-useless attack jet because I couldn't do a thing with it. Now, I like this game, and I complained about BF3 a lot, too.. but holy gently caress. How the gently caress is poo poo like this still so God-drat prevalent? I feel so burned out over so much of the same poo poo that I'm considering taking a break. In reality, I don't expect anything to ever get better (especially where DICE is concerned), but I feel at this point, it's either that or.. ask for my money back? Hahaha...

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I have no problems with my graphics driver, but every time I start the game it warns me that they're outdated and I super-duper need to update them or else the game isn't going to work properly. Literally never had an issue with them.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

fingerling posted:

Been getting a really irritating problem lately where explosive rounds (25mm, I think or something) won't do any damage, to anything. Was in the AC130 on Dawnbreaker, watching shots literally land on occupied vehicles/into a squad of infantry.. to no effect.

I think I read someone complaining about the same type of thing happening on that map, but when the map changed to Hanoi, I managed to hop in a Frogfoot, and somehow managed to get behind the enemy jet when the exact same loving thing happened. I ended just bailing the now-useless attack jet because I couldn't do a thing with it. Now, I like this game, and I complained about BF3 a lot, too.. but holy gently caress. How the gently caress is poo poo like this still so God-drat prevalent? I feel so burned out over so much of the same poo poo that I'm considering taking a break. In reality, I don't expect anything to ever get better (especially where DICE is concerned), but I feel at this point, it's either that or.. ask for my money back? Hahaha...

I haven't had a problem with the jets on Hainan, but I'll corroborate the infuriating "not actual shells" being fired from the gunship on Dawnbreaker. I haven't flown in it in a week, but I doubt they fixed it.

In other news apparently the dead body-shield is a known issue that's being worked on. About loving time.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

People get so butthurt when they get killed by an M142 in their vehicle, every time I kill some camping tank/lav with it they immediately get pissed and go on some sort of vengeance hunt.

BRBPR
Jul 20, 2001

Put in LLJK platoon application, forgot to post here. Now I can't reapply without invite. Please?

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Now that I have a mic, I never have anything to say.

Also, I crashed three times tonight, which was odd. Haven't had any crashes prior to these for at least a month, if not significantly longer than that. The first crash, I was using Mantle. The second crash was Direct3D.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Samsquamsch posted:

In other news apparently the dead body-shield is a known issue that's being worked on. About loving time.
Hopefully they fix the shitload of other issues with corpses in the process, like appearing to fly TOWARDS the last thing that shot them at high speed and becoming unrevivable if they land too far from the kill position, and generally desyncing horribly.

Also apparently they're not just "solid," they will actually reflect 40mm grenades back at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
On dawnbreaker I found a lightpole that once knocked down still has a hitbox where it stands. A lightpole. Blocked all of my vehicles shots.

Edit: A lightpole.

• Locked thread