Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Robot Randy posted:

everyone wants some hot flesh pussy :wink:

There is a surprising amount of Bloodsucker rule 34. I, uh, researched it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General: Bloodsucker Blowjobs and Butt Bandit Blowouts

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Survarium appears to be live for its 24h open stretch - their download servers are getting destroyed though, I'm getting like 2kbps on a 60mb connection.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Fair warning to those who are downloading the open beta, they don't have any US severs. The game ran like crap for me even with a good connection. Still worth looking at though, they absolutely nailed the pacing.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Apparently Lost Alpha is coming out tomorrow?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Saturday, I think.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Avocados posted:

Fair warning to those who are downloading the open beta, they don't have any US severs. The game ran like crap for me even with a good connection. Still worth looking at though, they absolutely nailed the pacing.

I can't even get the poo poo to run, it's been stuck on checking files and various other verifying bits since last night when I posted. I saw a few other people posted the same thing, and the devs only response was "restart the launcher." Well, I've restarted it many times over now and let it sit for hours at a go, still hasn't been playable at any point.

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012
You can download Lost Alpha http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha from:

Part1: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68782/all
Part2: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68784/all
Part3: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68780/all
Part4: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68776/all
Manual: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68745/all
OST: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/68768/all

sobkas fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 27, 2014

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011

sobkas posted:

What is going on with http://www.dezowave.com/. It looks a bit under the weather. I hope that it wasn't caught in the blowout.

Probably has something to do with this getting posted on the official stalker facebook page

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Priboi Story Overhaul is a strange mod. Hopefully Lost Alpha will be available tomorrow.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Looks like the Lost Alpha file is apparently too big for ModDB, so they're gonna try seeding it. I was hoping to play today :smith:.

croguy
Nov 25, 2013
They had to pull the currently uploaded files down from the internet because Dezodor accidentally left his contact information in the installer files. :v:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Really? Hahahaha oh that is amazing. And here I thought they were having issues only due to the size of the installer. Some websites still have the files online, that guy might be in trouble.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
Where do you guys read this stuff? I can read Russian so those links are OK too.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
There's been a couple images floating around explaining, these two popped up in ModDB's comment section recently.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
:laffo: Part 4 has arrived to ModDB. I think I'll just wait for the torrent to be seeded. I guess if I waited for this mod five loving years I can wait a day longer. :)

E: Confirming this is legit.
VVVVV

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 27, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

LA torrent: http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5770

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Well, Lost Alpha doesn't remember my graphics settings and apparently never actually saved despite it saying it did. This feels like an official STALKER release alright.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well, Lost Alpha doesn't remember my graphics settings and apparently never actually saved despite it saying it did. This feels like an official STALKER release alright.

Set compatibility settings to XP, administrator privileges.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Monolith. posted:

Set compatibility settings to XP, administrator privileges.

This is possibly the most versatile troubleshooting tip after "turn it off then turn it back on", God knows why.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

This is possibly the most versatile troubleshooting tip after "turn it off then turn it back on", God knows why.

Yeah, I always knew resetting something always fixed it, but never knew this. At least I can run the game now in preferred settings!

edit: But I can't actually load the game now. Hrm. I'll try reinstalling to somewhere that isn't Program Files.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 27, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Well, the mod is pretty neat but it pauses for a couple seconds when I go to the escape menu and the game breaks if you try and reassign the quickload and save buttons. I figured my PC can run this pretty well but it seems to be a bit of a beast.

And yeah, don't install it to program files, that breaks it to from what I've read.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't bug out when reassigning save/load keys, but the don't work. Have to use defaults there. Also, this game is beautiful (for a STALKER game) and you have legs :stare:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Had 4 CTDs with Lost Alpha so far. Rebinding the quicksave button to an already bound button will make it unlaunchable. Some bone animation crashes. This engine reminds me a lot of Clear Sky.

Even with all these crashes this is a drat good overhaul.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
Well I'd like to give this a try but I'm getting all kinds of weird graphical effects. Using 1600x900 (native res is 1920x1080) the text gets all messed up with DirectX 10 Dynamic Lighting. Problem goes away with DX9 but then I get a minor strobelight effect when loading a save, goes away after 10 seconds, but the sky is this blinding white all the time.

Am I supposed to install this Directx10 file that comes with the game? Using Win7x64 and I'm pretty sure I've been using DX11 in most of my games nowadays but I don't know if DirectX is cumulative/backwards compatible/whatever you call it.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

It takes me 10+ seconds just to open the menu when I hit esc. :lol:

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The detail is really stunning in LA. Too bad I can't play it on highish settings even though CS and COP I can max out. Not sure what could be causing the low FPS except for the vegetation. Everything else is SOC levels of detail (in the models I mean) so the hit is a bit strange.

Too bad I can't rebind the quicksave key apparently and when I exited the game it just hung and I had to restart my PC since I couldn't see the task manager while the game was still running.

It will be nice when bugs like these get ironed out so I can play the game properly.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

straight jerkers posted:

It takes me 10+ seconds just to open the menu when I hit esc. :lol:

This is really a frustrating thing to deal with. Quicksaves take even longer as it looks like it writes every single thing into a file or something.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Swartz posted:

The detail is really stunning in LA. Too bad I can't play it on highish settings even though CS and COP I can max out. Not sure what could be causing the low FPS except for the vegetation. Everything else is SOC levels of detail (in the models I mean) so the hit is a bit strange.

Too bad I can't rebind the quicksave key apparently and when I exited the game it just hung and I had to restart my PC since I couldn't see the task manager while the game was still running.

It will be nice when bugs like these get ironed out so I can play the game properly.

I heard low FPS can be fixed by turning grass density to 70%-ish and disabling grass shadow. I have no FPS problems at maximum minus the grass and sun rays/ssao set to low. No AA either, just FXAA through nVidia control panel. Running a 780 here.

Moxieclock1
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone been able to repair/modify weapons in LA yet? I can seem to interact with any of the buttons.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Keep the thread updated when it becomes fully playable, eagerly waiting for this duke nukem.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
FYI: Bone animation errors will cause CTD and corrupt that save file. The bug reporter crashes if you try to save the report to send it in.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
This is both a really pretty game and an ugly one. Scenery is eyepoppingly nice, but some of the textures look awfully dated. Still, this wasn't exactly ready for prime time as it is so I can't be too harsh. There's some goofiness in terms of bugs and "feel", so echoing the others, it's probably good to wait if you don't want to hassle with downloads and torrents.

Haha welp, I guess the settings finally applied themselves. This game is very, very beautiful.

buglord fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 28, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I decided to upgrade my computer the day before Lost Alpha came out. Unfortunately, I didn't install the motherboard software properly and I need to troubleshoot before I get it running again. Except I can't trouble shoot because I work until Wednesday. Please enjoy Lost Alpha in my stead.

:negative:

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rime posted:

FYI: Bone animation errors will cause CTD and corrupt that save file. The bug reporter crashes if you try to save the report to send it in.

Yep, got my first bone error log after rescuing Fox. Don't know what they added that would cause that error.

Also, is it just me or is the AI in this worse than in SOC? An example of this is the military at the bridge aimed their weapons at me but didn't shoot at all when I went up on a ledge and just shot them all with my pistol.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I might wait for a patch or something before I keep playing.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is there a way to turn the gamma/brightness up in DX10 mode. There seems to be zero ambient light and the sliders don't do anything as far as I can tell.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Swartz posted:

Yep, got my first bone error log after rescuing Fox. Don't know what they added that would cause that error.

Also, is it just me or is the AI in this worse than in SOC? An example of this is the military at the bridge aimed their weapons at me but didn't shoot at all when I went up on a ledge and just shot them all with my pistol.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I might wait for a patch or something before I keep playing.

Apparently the bone errors pop up when you've got the body awareness option turned on (aka your legs) - turn that off and everything should work fine (and you'll get your shadow and footsteps back too!)

I'm guessing they tried to make stealth a more viable option? but yeah, it just makes the AI look retarded instead. I shot everyone at the checkpoint bar one guy I couldn't find, then when I was walking back I found him - he was just camped out on the hill with a SVD and didn't even realize what was going on when I shot him in the head. (then I had to shoot him again 'cause apparently 9x18 is just *that* weak?)

All in all, it's really fun (I found an entire goddamn large bunker under Cordon that wasn't there before!) but crashy and buggy... so typical Stalker, I guess. And it runs like rear end - my laptop might be weak as hell but I can handle SoC comfortably on medium with static lighting, but LA refuses to run decently unless I set everything to the lowest settings.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

M.Ciaster posted:

(I found an entire goddamn large bunker under Cordon that wasn't there before!)

Oh? Where is this?

For anyone who doesn't check the GSC boards, one of the Lost Alpha Q&A guys offered that it's generally important to NOT shoot red/enemy NPCs unless they fire first. That's FWIW considering the extent of some of the AI bugs though.

I'm just glad this isn't one of those mods that makes most anomalies invisible. I don't want to be able to nonstop sprint through the entire Zone, but fuuuuck throwing bolts every ten feet for fear of some invisible grav anomaly sending me back a quicksave and momentarily spiking my blood pressure.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Swartz posted:

That is exactly where mine happened as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Vorenus posted:

Oh? Where is this?
You know the anomaly filled tunnel that's supposed to be an alternate route if you can't/don't want to shoot your way through the military? In regular SoC it's got some weird complicated electrical anomaly and you have to time it right to get through? There's a door in it, go through it and explore. Watch out for the zombies, though (they're a massive pain in the rear end in LA, unless you use grenades)