Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

gannyGrabber posted:

It never misses! She's got foc 8, it costs 3, so she can fire it off twice per turn with a boost on it. It's just plain silly. It's also a pow 13 hit on the model directly hit.

I was also wondering, does the model hit count as being in the aoe? As in, does it take the puncture damage?

It sure does. Model hit takes a POW 13 damage. Then, since it is in the AOE, the originating model takes another damage point. It's a great way to backlash for 4 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Paper Kaiju posted:

The problem with lesser warlock Minions is that you only ever see them with factions that have a good reason to. Rorsh & Brine run well under Skorne due to Minion-friendly warbeast buffs (especially Morghoul1, who appreciates having some of the fury burden off of him), Wrongeye & Snapjaw also like Skorne, for the same reason, and also in Mercs with a Bull Snapper in tow, for Spiny Growth shenanigans. Brun & Lug show in Seaforge occasionally, because they need all the extra options they can get.

Dahlia & Skarath, however, only work for Trolls, Circle, and Retribution, factions that don't need them and provide them with little synergies. So they end up being 9 points those factions would rather spend on their own stuff.

The best use of them I've been able to figure out is using concealment generating effects to trigger Prowl.

Uh, she's actually starting to see a fair amount of use competitively. In many situations she's one hell of a roadblock, and Skarath isn't half-bad either.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
So I haven't actually been able to play in nearly eighteen months or so. I have five armies, and I'm getting rid of two of them, hoping to keep the other three and actually play when I get to Seattle in a few months.

The two I'd like to sell are Circle and Skorne. The Skorne army is huge, but mostly still in pieces (I bought a huge set off bartertown and just added a bit to it). Circle is also in pieces, but partially painted. I never even managed to find the time to put them together, even though I kept buying them.

Would anyone be interested? I've got the lists at home (I'm at work right now), and I'd really rather not break up the armies and be left with some arcuarii and argii just sitting around or something, but I'm sure we could come to a deal (I was thinking 60% retail or so for each army). If you want a list, you can PM me or ask for it here and I'll post it. I just don't really know the board's conventions for selling stuff outside of SAMart, but I wanted you nerds to have first dibs since you've helped me out with rules and such a few times.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Will Pagani finishes 2nd at Kingdom Con with an army of robots, losing against Jason Flanzer by leaving Vindictus at 2 boxes due to 2 missed shots despite boosting and needing 7s to hit. Despite not winning, congrats to the superior race.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Khisanth Magus posted:

Will Pagani finishes 2nd at Kingdom Con with an army of robots, losing against Jason Flanzer by leaving Vindictus at 2 boxes due to 2 missed shots despite boosting and needing 7s to hit. Despite not winning, congrats to the superior race.

To be a bit more specific Pagani had Lucant Boost to Hit and Boost Damage doing 14 boxes, then bought and boosted twice against Vindictus missing both, then conceded the game. Lucant was on a few boxes as 3 knight exemplar and a bastion had attached him, 2 of the knights exemplar missed. It was a close game that came down to dice; which in reality is how the game should go when two highly skilled players go at it.

Side note that wasn't even the Finals match, it was Semi-Finals. Finals ended with Vindictus dying to a Stinger Charge, harrier running into base to base and a Ravagore hitting it and setting Vindictus on Fire then Vindictus dying to said fire.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

To be a bit more specific Pagani had Lucant Boost to Hit and Boost Damage doing 14 boxes, then bought and boosted twice against Vindictus missing both, then conceded the game. Lucant was on a few boxes as 3 knight exemplar and a bastion had attached him, 2 of the knights exemplar missed. It was a close game that came down to dice; which in reality is how the game should go when two highly skilled players go at it.

Side note that wasn't even the Finals match, it was Semi-Finals. Finals ended with Vindictus dying to a Stinger Charge, harrier running into base to base and a Ravagore hitting it and setting Vindictus on Fire then Vindictus dying to said fire.

Its wasn't the finals, but he was still second place due to tiebreakers, for good or for I'll.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Paper Kaiju posted:

Dahlia & Skarath, however, only work for Trolls, Circle, and Retribution, factions that don't need them and provide them with little synergies.

I'm gonna strongly disagree. In Trolls that's a strong and large boostable spray, a reach heavy, and Dahlia's bond [choose frenzy target] synergizes great with Rok's Primal. Take Calandra and Ripose becomes a serious "Maybe I Don't want to attack the giant def14 snake." And under Star Cross Dahlia is nearly unremovable and can park herself on an objective.

I've found a lot of strength and synergy with the pair.

Stealing Khis's thunder by posting the Pagini Robo lists.

Lucant
Corollary
Inverter
Inverter
Cipher
Diffuser
ADO
OD x2
Clockwork Angel x2
Recrocators (Max)
Reflex Servitors x2

Syntherion - The Great Machine
Corollary
Prime Axiom
Cipher
Cipher
Monitor
Diffuser
Galvanizer (free)
ADO
OD x2

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Yeah I'm gonna also disagree, though maybe not so strongly. I use Rorsh and Brine in my pKrueger because Primal Reach Electro Leap on Brine is just the bee's knees.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OK, from what I've got I can do this at 15 points:

Master Necrotech Mortenebra - WJ: +4
- Deryliss
- Slayer - PC: 6
- Deathripper - PC: 4

Mechanithralls - Leader & 5 Grunts: 3

Should I ditch the Deathripper for a pistol wraith and the brute thrall? This was so much easier when I thought theme lists were good.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

moths posted:

OK, from what I've got I can do this at 15 points:

Master Necrotech Mortenebra - WJ: +4
- Deryliss
- Deathripper - PC: 4

Mechanithralls - Leader & 5 Grunts: 3

Should I ditch the Deathripper for a pistol wraith and the brute thrall? This was so much easier when I thought theme lists were good.

If your running Mortenebra you might as well use her theme list. It is good. They just generally suck or are way to hard to use when your just starting

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Wanted to paint my Immortals, Ancestral Guardians and Hakaar in a different colour scheme from the studio scheme. Really pleased how they are turning out so far.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Khisanth Magus posted:

Its wasn't the finals, but he was still second place due to tiebreakers, for good or for I'll.

Yeah we were talking about it Saturday night and how strength of schedule does weird things sometimes. Mostly the opinion was top table should decide first and second.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah we were talking about it Saturday night and how strength of schedule does weird things sometimes. Mostly the opinion was top table should decide first and second.

Yeah, that's how we always do it around here, but it really depends on where you are I suppose.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Which is a variant in the SR rules. There is a decent argument for it not being the default because it isn't necessarily good for smaller events, but cons really should use the top table variant for tournaments, particularly with your placement in Masters tournaments affecting some stuff with WMW qualifiers.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Serotonin posted:

Wanted to paint my Immortals, Ancestral Guardians and Hakaar in a different colour scheme from the studio scheme. Really pleased how they are turning out so far.

drat, son. There are so much models in that loving game I want to own, not because I want to play their armies, but to paint them. :negative:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Immortal look so loving bad rear end, I wish the unit were better than it is. But then if it was I'd have to spend a bunch of money on them, so nevermind.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Man, your Hakaar looks so bad rear end. You did a good job.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any suggestions on this list?

I like the Harrower just to get some basically guaranteed hits on the feat turn... In addition to just being some general ranged support.

Basically try to get up the board super quickly, feat turn and sac a few McThralls to lock them in place and do work with the Brutes, Biles and Harrower. Banes as the second wave to clear what's left.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 28, 2014

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How does Nemo2 and Nemo3 work? I assume lots of lightning for both of them, but how do they rate on a scale of lovely to awesome?

Edit: Also, is it possible to run Cygnar without mercs?

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 28, 2014

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

I'm far from a Cygnarian authority, but I'm pretty sure the worst Cygnar lists are the ones that don't run Mercs.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Sab669 posted:

I'm far from a Cygnarian authority, but I'm pretty sure the worst Cygnar lists are the ones that don't run Mercs.

:smith:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Well, like I said, I don't know Cygnar as I don't play them, but most lists I encounter seem to bring them in lieu of most regular Cygnarian infantry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

How does Nemo2 and Nemo3 work? I assume lots of lightning for both of them, but how do they rate on a scale of lovely to awesome?

eHaley and pHaley can run without much in the way of Mercs. But basically, every warmachine faction runs mercs. There's nothing wrong with it. Cygnar has more of a need of merc units than other factions, but you see Merc solos all over the place regardless. Kraye can also run pretty merc light (or no mercs at all if you've got his tier list).

That being said, don't feel bad about taking mercs. Just paint them blue. Feel free to feel bad about stormblades not being good though :v:

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Nemo2 is pretty good. He likes 2-3 jacks, and a unit or two. Lightning isn't really required with him, except he loves Stormsmiths. Add in a unit for Polarity Shield, and maybe the Silverline SG and enjoy having most of your army be unchargable (add Centurions to taste).

Nemo3 is more fun than competitive, but he's really fun. Thunderhead on feat turn kills everything. Just make sure to take electric immune models and you're good.

I think if you're looking for Merc-lite lists, Nemo2/3 is a good option.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah when I was running Nemo2 I did something like this I think

General Adept Nemo (*6pts)
* Hunter (6pts)
* Minuteman (5pts)
* Gallant (9pts)
* Stormwall (19pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Captain Arlan Strangewayes (2pts)
Harlan Versh (2pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)
Stormblade Captain (2pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Hipster Occultist posted:

Uh, she's actually starting to see a fair amount of use competitively. In many situations she's one hell of a roadblock, and Skarath isn't half-bad either.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I'm gonna strongly disagree. In Trolls that's a strong and large boostable spray, a reach heavy, and Dahlia's bond [choose frenzy target] synergizes great with Rok's Primal. Take Calandra and Ripose becomes a serious "Maybe I Don't want to attack the giant def14 snake." And under Star Cross Dahlia is nearly unremovable and can park herself on an objective.

I've found a lot of strength and synergy with the pair.

Sulecrist posted:

Yeah I'm gonna also disagree, though maybe not so strongly. I use Rorsh and Brine in my pKrueger because Primal Reach Electro Leap on Brine is just the bee's knees.

Rather than argue back, I'll actually say that I'm happier being wrong in this case, because I loving love the Dahlia & Skarath's models; all the lesser warlocks have :krad: models, for that matter.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So the Cephalyx spoilers will be outin the may issue of no quarter. Is it possible to get that online? No where I know sells the print magazine.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

!Klams posted:

So the Cephalyx spoilers will be outin the may issue of no quarter. Is it possible to get that online? No where I know sells the print magazine.

The PP Digital android/iOS app.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

!Klams posted:

Damnit! EFB! To hell with you!

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Stealing Khis's thunder by posting the Pagini Robo lists.

Will and I played in the Team Tournament using Krueger 2 and Lucant and let me tell ya, that was mean and yet one of the most fun set of games I've played.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Finally been managing to get some painting done the last few days, and made some progress on some of the Trollblood models I've had collecting dust for a while now. Could use some input, as I've got a lot more to go and want to improve.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Khisanth Magus posted:

The PP Digital android/iOS app.

AhAhAh sweet cheers, didn't think of checking for an app

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The app saves your account info so if you have a mix of android/ios devices around you don't have to buy anything extra. Thought that was a real nice touch.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jcam posted:

Finally been managing to get some painting done the last few days, and made some progress on some of the Trollblood models I've had collecting dust for a while now. Could use some input, as I've got a lot more to go and want to improve.

The models themselves look legit though the OSL on the bomber looks really green. Maybe the pic just needs some color correction though?

The bases would look really great with some drybrushing of lighter colors and some kind of contrasting element. Static grass would be easy enough. Just needs something to break up that plain brown.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

waah posted:

The app saves your account info so if you have a mix of android/ios devices around you don't have to buy anything extra. Thought that was a real nice touch.

This the same for warroom?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Saalkin posted:

This the same for warroom?

Yeah, I've used it on my Android phone and my wife's iPad

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

GannyGrabber will be pleased to hear I've gone and bought a ton of Menoth. I have this as of now:

Battlegroup box, which is pKreoss and a crusader and I forget the other two stupid light jack names
harbinger
redeemer light jack
vanquisher heavy jack
Reckoner heavy jack
Exemplar errants max unit + ua

What else do I need besides a choir, two vassals, and possibly eFeora or pSeverius?

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Expand into solo selections as your style warrants. Two vassals for under 50 point games is a bit excessive, but have a look at the paladins or senechals if you want combat prowess with some staying power, and a hierophant or wracks if you want more support for the caster. Rhupert Carvolo is huge for Menoth too.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Fyrbrand posted:

The models themselves look legit though the OSL on the bomber looks really green. Maybe the pic just needs some color correction though?

The bases would look really great with some drybrushing of lighter colors and some kind of contrasting element. Static grass would be easy enough. Just needs something to break up that plain brown.

I used Flash Gitz Yellow for the little bit of OSL on the Bomber, but I definitely see the green in the photo. It looks like a soft yellow in person, I think it might just be my crappy cell phone picture. Maybe I should go back and dry brush a little bit more yellow on, so that it's a little more strong?

After you mentioned the brown basing, I realized I forgot something on the models. I usually drybrush a bit of Longbeard Grey onto them to get a little bit of edging, but I was in too much of a rush to grab a picture of these two. Do you think the Autumn/yellow static grass would look good? I've got the bright green grass on a few of the bases, but it almost looks like too much of a contrast with the mucky brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Zealots + UA and/or Errants + UA are solid Menoth buys. Both units are super strong and will see a ton of play.

• Locked thread