Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azren
Feb 14, 2011

Random blabber posted:

"Mr. President, we are changing are demands, we demand 10 bill-"

*BAM, BAM, BAM

"-100 bi-"

*KABOOM, KA-BURNADO-HURRICANE-SUE-NAM-EE-EARTHQUAKE-CAPTAIN-PLANET

"-the state of California."

In all seriousness, I tried counting the number of people Ray killed in one video and lost track at around 60

I can't express how much this made me laugh. Thank you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Tin Tim posted:

Also, Tsu-nä-mi. That's how you spell it if you're not a peasant and have umlauts in your language.

Oh, we know. But after that rear end in a top hat Gordon, we're never gonna say it right again during this LP.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
No-name Surge second-in-command evilness is suddenly easily comprehensible when you realize that his nonsense about the panic being worse than the crisis makes perfect sense, not in reality as it is experienced by the living but in world of economics.

If he's an economist who works for the military in a secret special unit then that explains at least part of why SURGE is both so evil and so very, very dumb.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

It's a well known fact that tsunamis are the least threatening disaster ever; it's like being pelted with velvet kittens in a bath tub full of hugs. And we all know that making new assets and levels is hard, so why not just reuse what you've already got?

Also with my infinite amount of art skills, I've decided to sum up the plot of the game so far:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so the dog and the Iguana-on-a-stick in one area are a dead giveaway of what this is about. This is the prequel to Fallout.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When I was taught CPR they emphasized two things, beyond the proper way to perform it of course. First, statistically CPR probably isn't going to save someone by itself; at best you're delaying the death of various tissues from a lack of blood and oxygen. Second, a person's heart and lungs beginning to work again is the only reason to stop under normal conditions. If you're performing CPR you don't stop until you're relieved or you literally can't do it any more, assuming you're not putting yourself in danger by doing so.

Submerging burns in cold water can in fact provide some healing or therapeutic elements. It can help decrease the damage of surface burns and dull pain but it's not something you want overdo because you could give your hand/arm/whatever frostbite or yourself hypothermia if you do for a large area of skin. For burns that go below the skin's surface all you're really doing is numbing pain.

That's far too serious for this LP, I apologize :v:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

That fire fighting scene was made better by having this on my noggin.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Kibayasu posted:

When I was taught CPR they emphasized two things, beyond the proper way to perform it of course. First, statistically CPR probably isn't going to save someone by itself; at best you're delaying the death of various tissues from a lack of blood and oxygen. Second, a person's heart and lungs beginning to work again is the only reason to stop under normal conditions. If you're performing CPR you don't stop until you're relieved or you literally can't do it any more, assuming you're not putting yourself in danger by doing so.

Submerging burns in cold water can in fact provide some healing or therapeutic elements. It can help decrease the damage of surface burns and dull pain but it's not something you want overdo because you could give your hand/arm/whatever frostbite or yourself hypothermia if you do for a large area of skin. For burns that go below the skin's surface all you're really doing is numbing pain.

That's far too serious for this LP, I apologize :v:
Oh no please share, I liked hearing it! :) it's always good to know this sort of stuff to be useful in future.

I'm never gonna stop hearing TSU-NA-ME ever again, that's just amazing.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I couldn't stop thinking about it help me

?????????????

Edit: Oh my god, while I was looking for an image of Ray I stumbled onto this ad for disaster and I think I'm going to have a stroke and die:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Why didn't that car have airbags?

Panzer Skank posted:

Edit: Oh my god, while I was looking for an image of Ray I stumbled onto this ad for disaster and I think I'm going to have a stroke and die:

I am actually dying right now oh my god.

The face of a man who is trying to outrun a goddamn tsunami. The face of a man thinking...

"gotta go fast"

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Is that Ray's car in the suenahme?

Also lizardburgs

e: no wait what am I saying that is clearly a truck

grancheater fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 24, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Panzer Skank posted:

?????????????

Holy poo poo. Somebody needs to make this game into a film. This is too perfect!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Panzer Skank posted:

Hugh Jackman outruns a deadly Tsunamy in the blockbuster hit of the summer!

kurt phillips
Feb 1, 2014

Our intrepid hero Ray has outsmarted the powerful Val Cano, dodged the onslaught of the destructive Eartha Quake, escaped the clutches of the fearsome Bernie Cane, and has just outrun the speedy Sue Nami. What powerful foes could be lying in wait to stop Ray's mission to pour water on people and consume giant foods?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Panzer Skank posted:

I didn't know the rapper from Linkin Park did modelling as Ray. He also put on a bit of weight for this it looks like.

Must be all dem cheeseburgers.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 24, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hugh Jackman outruns a deadly Tsunamy in the blockbuster hit of the summer!

In fairness, I think I'm far from the only person who would enjoy watching a dumb action movie whose pitch was 'The Rock, but also with more firenados.'

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I imagine the bowgun range is going to be a bit easier than that junk challenge? No crazy arcs to work with.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Glazius posted:

I imagine the bowgun range is going to be a bit easier than that junk challenge? No crazy arcs to work with.
It is and it kinda isn't, though I'm not entirely sure if it's interesting enough to show. Basically, instead of the normal cardboard cut-out people, you get these wooden cut-outs with large apple heads. And getting head shots is the only real way to destroy them and the arrows from the bowgun do have a bit of an arc....but there's sadly just not that much to it. Hell, I'm not even sure if the weapon itself is worth showing off as it doesn't do anything interesting till you get the final bow gun which shoots out delayed explosives.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Just a short, quick update today and boy is it ummmmmmm filler? But we do get to meet another merc since the last one got consumed by a tsunami while saluting at it and screaming. I'm sure this new guy will work out a lot better in the menacing department though.

Also there is a bit of a side quest that opens up whenever you finish any level in the game and it's what the game refers to as the 'Staminas Campaign' (and yeah, the game does pluralize stamina....and yes, a voice actor says the line super awkwardly later on). But it's a pretty simple side quest that just requires the player to revisit a level while looking for these hidden away signs; collect all the signs and you get an experience bonus at the end. Miss a single sign and you get nothing. Collect every sign in the game and you get a special prize!

Staminas Sign Bonus!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Looks like Gregory really didn't like Burger Kings advertisements.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

What kind of idiot thinks "I need to get the important, fairly fragile piece of equipment from that guy, so I'm going to fire high-power chaingun rounds and missiles at him with no discrimination!"

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

azren posted:

What kind of idiot thinks "I need to get the important, fairly fragile piece of equipment from that guy, so I'm going to fire high-power chaingun rounds and missiles at him with no discrimination!"
SURGE :colbert:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

azren posted:

I suppose the bigger question for me is just where the nuke might have ended up after the tsunami; did it get washed out to see and is it still that much a threat sitting out in the bay or at the bottom of the ocean? I mean it's bound to do some damage but I assume it won't be as much out in the ocean, right? Unless of course it's going to randomly show up in one of the many tsunamis that are seemingly patrolling the streets to chase after Ray....cause that's what tsunamis do.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Niggurath posted:

Unless of course it's going to randomly show up in one of the many tsunamis that are seemingly patrolling the streets to chase after Ray....cause that's what tsunamis do.

Now I expect the tsunamis to start showing up in droves solely to try and kill Ray.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

This is a great LP with great commentators.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Oh god you captured his super buff butt so nicely I love this so much :allears: Thank you miss dvac

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

:golfclap:

I want this to be my superhero name

Also lol at the Stamina Signs thingy. This game just keeps on giving

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Panzer Skank posted:

Oh god you captured his super buff butt so nicely I love this so much :allears: Thank you miss dvac

Now someone needs to edit a corgi into Ray's pants so he has a buf buff butt.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Niggurath posted:

I suppose the bigger question for me is just where the nuke might have ended up after the tsunami; did it get washed out to see and is it still that much a threat sitting out in the bay or at the bottom of the ocean? I mean it's bound to do some damage but I assume it won't be as much out in the ocean, right?

In the shallow bay of a city? It won't be as bad as an airburst, but it's still a nuke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlh8Z42HEv8

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Devious Vacuum posted:

FLAVOR COUNTRY :allears:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It seems obvious to me that when Chopper Guy Greg disappeared, it's because he went ahead to tell the tsunami where to find Ray.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I thought Gregory's taunt of 'You hungry?' was really cruel to someone with Ray's condition, but then I saw that he can eat burgers at long range.

Apparently the cable cars in the world of BRC are made by the firm Powell & Hyde, since that clearly was Silvia Street you were on, but they didn't bother to change the model display the company name on top of the car instead of the route.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Devious Vacuum posted:

I should also mention that I have seen cans of monster this size before. It's been a few years however.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

I should also mention that I have seen cans of monster this size before. It's been a few years however.

It was apparently called the Monster 'BFC'....why would anyone ever need this?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Niggurath posted:

It was apparently called the Monster 'BFC'....why would anyone ever need this?

Do you know how much precious energy and calories you burn when you're playing the esports? :f5h::reject:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Oh man I just got caught up to this thread, this LP is amazing. I've ended up marathoning all the videos up so far with my roommates and we're all sad now that we have to wait for new updates instead of just blowing through the entire thing. :(

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
E:never mind.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I hope that Staminas Campaign guy has funky fresh lines for every level. Also I noticed in this video that Ray makes a kind of disgusted sound when he finishes chugging the giant buff-man drank, almost as if to say "I can't believe I chugged the whole thing!"

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I hope that Staminas Campaign guy has funky fresh lines for every level. Also I noticed in this video that Ray makes a kind of disgusted sound when he finishes chugging the giant buff-man drank, almost as if to say "I can't believe I chugged the whole thing!"
It does have quite a few unique lines but I probably won't be showing off anymore of them as it's annoying enough to collect the signs as is....and there are a lot of signs all total. Like over 200...but the reward for doing it should be worth showing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Every time I see Ray polish off one of those giant cans in about a second, I always expect to her "The Kaubocks Belch" afterwards, and I'm always a little disappointed when I don't.

• Locked thread