Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Re-read it, you're right. He doesn't specifically mention mind control but he does state that memory holing the documentation would still leave oral history untouched.

Yeah, his father suspected because of the inherent contradictions in any of the stories told of the past, and the first generation didn't seem to have information beyond the official story.

Such as if the Fritz family ruled the world for the previous 2000 years, why would humanity have had a horrible war that wiped out a significant portion of the population before the titans attacked? Who was at war with who exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Who was at war with who exactly?
Eurasia and Oceania?

There's an idea. Titans as a tool of The Party to subjugate the proles and keep them in perpetual war.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Alright, so why hasn't anyone been to the stupid basement yet? It's like they just forgot about the most important place in the walls.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Toadsniff posted:

Alright, so why hasn't anyone been to the stupid basement yet? It's like they just forgot about the most important place in the walls.

Annie kind of got in the way of that, then there were titans spotted inside of wall Rose, then Eren got kidnapped, and now they're on the run from the military police. They haven't really had the opportunity to worry about that yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Why would they think it's the most important place in the walls considering all the other poo poo that's going on? gently caress the basement, I hope they never go there. :mad:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Terper posted:

Why would they think it's the most important place in the walls considering all the other poo poo that's going on? gently caress the basement, I hope they never go there. :mad:

No, gently caress YOU.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I want the basement as soon as loving possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love this reveal because for the longest time I had a really hard time telling Levi and Mikasa apart.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It would be really funny if they opened up the basement, only to find stuff like packed boxes from their old house, furniture nobody needs, dad's tools, the baby clothes that grandma keeps giving every year even though the kids aren't babies anymore, workout equipment, and so forth.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

I love this reveal because for the longest time I had a really hard time telling Levi and Mikasa apart.

I actually stopped reading the manga because I couldn't tell Levi and Eren apart. All the time-jumping-around didn't help me sort it out. It wasn't until the anime that I figured out what the hell was going on.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

PerniciousKnid posted:

I actually stopped reading the manga because I couldn't tell Levi and Eren apart. All the time-jumping-around didn't help me sort it out. It wasn't until the anime that I figured out what the hell was going on.
One is competent at his job

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

It would be really funny if they opened up the basement, only to find stuff like packed boxes from their old house, furniture nobody needs, dad's tools, the baby clothes that grandma keeps giving every year even though the kids aren't babies anymore, workout equipment, and so forth.

I'm really hoping whats in the basement is what someone brought up in this thread. Just a library of old books. Maybe with Grisha's diary out about whats going on in an obvious space. Hell I hope with what Sanes said it's a hint that the enemies from outside the walls are the descendents and survivors of a previous generation's survey corps.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 12, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Jean is our star in the latest Spoof on Titan!

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Shallot isn't forgotten. :unsmith:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I missed 20 :saddowns:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, Bertholdt. :smith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Aww, Bertholdt is such a mild-mannered guy. :unsmith:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
So here's a dance troupe called The Survey Corps and dressed as SNK characters!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0cGywRtXc

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
This is on par with how insane the Bleach Rock Operas and Legend of the Galactic Heroes stage plays are.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kild posted:

Christa's sister/teacher person would wipe her memory after every visit. Erwin's dad also suspected that they did something like that and Erwin said that they most likely did after learning of Eren's new power.

Speaking of which, the book she uses...is it the same one we saw way way back dropped by the survey corpswoman Ymir (but not THAT Ymir)? Its been a while since I read it, think it was back episode 36ish

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Do you mean Ilse's journal, the one found on the Titan-guarded corpse? Because it's definitely not that one, as Hanji has it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Speaking of which, the book she uses...is it the same one we saw way way back dropped by the survey corpswoman Ymir (but not THAT Ymir)? Its been a while since I read it, think it was back episode 36ish

Uh, yeah, her name wasn't Ymir, the titan just confused her with Ymir

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I may not have much time left, the grease has already spread through my entire body. But I did as I said I would and I went and got myself an Attack on Titan burger.

Not sure why the image is rotated, but whatever.

Okay, they're all landscape, but tilt your head and you'll be fine. Sadly, I did not also get the fries.

It comes with a keychain (they ran out of sword ones [and also wouldn't sell me any without the sets]) and a - I'm not sure what to call it, but basically the burger was never meant to be consumed by humans, so you wrap it in a paper cylinder and I don't know what you do next to get it into your mouth.

The keychain came with a card as well. I got Mikasa.

After great difficulty, I finally got the burger to stand on its own, long enough for a picture even. The layers of grease and cheese made for a great and terrible lubricant, I'm not sure who thought this would be a good idea. And yet, this isn't actually the first time Lotteria has sold one of these. Because I have actually eaten one of these burgers before, last year. When I asked, I learned that apparently three other people had ordered the burger as well at that location.

I think the worst part of it all was the single pickle on top. Like it was mocking me. I guess it's like how Japanese people order salads with their corn pizzas, there has to be some kind of vegetable somewhere, somehow.

It tasted like you imagine it would. I was going to take a few bites and then leave when I had given the workers enough time to suspect that maybe I ate it, but one of them saw me with a quite incomplete burger and decided I needed a fork.

So much grease.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eat or be eaten.

Or eat too much, I suppose. :gonk:

DiscoMouse
May 16, 2005

by XyloJW
Are there any puns on the poster about the burger being titanic or whatever.

e: it's loving gross by the way, excellent job

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
This is some meta AoT stuff, you eat the burger, can't digest it and then puke it back up.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Shadow0 posted:

I may not have much time left, the grease has already spread through my entire body. But I did as I said I would and I went and got myself an Attack on Titan burger.

Not sure why the image is rotated, but whatever.

Okay, they're all landscape, but tilt your head and you'll be fine. Sadly, I did not also get the fries.

It comes with a keychain (they ran out of sword ones [and also wouldn't sell me any without the sets]) and a - I'm not sure what to call it, but basically the burger was never meant to be consumed by humans, so you wrap it in a paper cylinder and I don't know what you do next to get it into your mouth.

The keychain came with a card as well. I got Mikasa.

After great difficulty, I finally got the burger to stand on its own, long enough for a picture even. The layers of grease and cheese made for a great and terrible lubricant, I'm not sure who thought this would be a good idea. And yet, this isn't actually the first time Lotteria has sold one of these. Because I have actually eaten one of these burgers before, last year. When I asked, I learned that apparently three other people had ordered the burger as well at that location.

I think the worst part of it all was the single pickle on top. Like it was mocking me. I guess it's like how Japanese people order salads with their corn pizzas, there has to be some kind of vegetable somewhere, somehow.

It tasted like you imagine it would. I was going to take a few bites and then leave when I had given the workers enough time to suspect that maybe I ate it, but one of them saw me with a quite incomplete burger and decided I needed a fork.

So much grease.

Seid ihr das Essen???

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That burger looks like it could kill a normal man, kudos on attempting.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Every card should be Sasha, what a marketing failure.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

A big flaming stink posted:

Uh, yeah, her name wasn't Ymir, the titan just confused her with Ymir

Yeah I didn't remember the exact context for the name being dropped, and couldn't find it quickly to check. Thanks for the clarifications all!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

forbidden lesbian posted:

Every card should be Sasha, what a marketing failure.

You'd have to order fries to get Sasha

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sasha has her own potato-centric set course at Lotteria :colbert:

Five regular size fries. In a bucket.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
How many patties are even in that burger, I can't see through the wall of cheese. Is this some kind of meta commentary? :tinfoil:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Orgia Carnaval posted:

That burger looks like it could kill a normal man, kudos on attempting.

I (and my friend as well) did successfully actually already eat all of the exact same burger last year (maybe it had less / no cheese? My memory of it doesn't include as much difficulty holding it together. I have pictures somewhere.). It just wasn't Titan-themed. Fortunately, it's not a permanent menu item, though I suppose you could theoretically ask them for one whenever. If you really hate yourself. This time I had literally just eaten right across the street and figured once is enough to put myself at serious risk for heart disease. The grease that drips out the back almost caused an onlooker to throw up.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

How many patties are even in that burger, I can't see through the wall of cheese. Is this some kind of meta commentary? :tinfoil:

Yes, the cheese walls are made from cow titans.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

The grease that drips out the back almost caused an onlooker to throw up.

This sentence makes the burger sound so American.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is this over or is it still releasing on monthly/weekly thing?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Monthly

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Is this over or is it still releasing on monthly/weekly thing?

The manga has new chapters being released monthly.

In fact according to Crunchyroll the next chapter comes out in nine days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe now we will finally learn the truth if Levi is Mikasa's uncle or not.