Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
To say that Arus has a shield problem is like saying the sky is blue or water is wet - it's just something we all accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Build how you want and the gently caress the meta.

"Get carried by other people."

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

central posted:

"Get carried by other people."

If that's what you wanna call it. :shrug:

Who am I tell to someone how to have fun, so the dungeon takes 12 minutes instead of 10, big woop.

Also your definition of carry must be different than mine, get carried to me means I'm worthless and just die in 90% of fights and everyone else clears the content. My damage not being optimum to me doesn't mean being carried.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 30, 2014

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

BombermanX posted:

I agree; Arus you have a shield problem. Not as bad as a bird problem but close.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^^ :allears:

Alteisen posted:

die in 90% of fights and everyone else clears the content

So like Mobius.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 30, 2014

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Anyone know how MF affects sPVP loot? Is it when you activate the track/when you open the loot chests/constantly updated?

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
Can't wait to not have school so I can sPvP with Lazy like the aloof god that I am.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I don't suppose anyone picked up a spare copy of Guild Wars 2 during the sale a few weeks back they don't want, did they? A friend is very interested in his own copy (He's playing on his roommate's copy) but he's holding off at the full price for now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^^ :allears:

So like Mobius.

Hey I don't name names. :v:

But I'd much rather take the :airquote: poorly geared pubby :airquote: versus the meta follower who just dies the first time the boss attacks(aka 80% of thief PvE players.)

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Alteisen posted:

If that's what you wanna call it. :shrug:

Who am I tell to someone how to have fun, so the dungeon takes 12 minutes instead of 10, big woop.

Also your definition of carry must be different than mine, get carried to me means I'm worthless and just die in 90% of fights and everyone else clears the content. My damage not being optimum to me doesn't mean being carried.

There's a difference between not using the Meta build but still going for damage and going full cleric gear+staff on a guardian. All of these issues can be avoided if you stick to the groups that fit your play style though.

For example; not all people in my guild are of the zerker mentality and quite a few choose to be "tanky". I don't comment on it in the guild and they are free to join my groups when a spot is open. But I do expect from them to do the bare minimum like dropping a banner. If they don't, I'll tell them to do so. I'll even carry the banner myself if they don't use them if they consider it a hassle. There are limits.

Batham fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 30, 2014

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It will be interesting to see how many people in the NA tournament end up running strength runes. Anet might make a move to nerf them if it ends up being in 4/5 builds like the euro one.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you used soldier, you might not die as many times as Circe.

Technically my problem is that I'm bad, rather than my rune setup.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Does GOON not really do organised WvW, or have I just been getting on at the wrong times of day? I'm usually on around 7 or 8pm PST, and I really haven't seen many people.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 30, 2014

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Heavy Lobster posted:

Necros?

Necros!

Necros? You mean an excuse to post more characters?

Hell yeah Necros! :v:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Necros!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The gasmask is convenient considering the locusts!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Oh, are we on necros now?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Somebody said necros.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Necro!

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I'll take a ride on the necro train.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish salad necros would conjure rotten vegetables instead of creatures of flesh and blood. :v:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Gave Drop a makeover and liposuction. He is no longer trying to take after Arus.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

^^^ Captain Nemo!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

jyrque posted:

I wish salad necros would conjure rotten vegetables instead of creatures of flesh and blood. :v:

So many salad necros, too!

Also I got my engineer looking spooky

e: Glacial Teal and Enameled Perserverance dyes, btw

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

So many salad necros, too!

This one is fantastic.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone have experience running a daze lock mesmer in esports? It would be purely for team fighting - locking someone down while my teammate obliterates them. I'm thinking sword/sword + scepter/pistol, 6/0/6/2/0, mesmer runes.

Sword 3, pistol 5, daze mantra X2, diversion = at least five ranged dazes you can chain in a row, plus whatever bonus you can get from having a mix of ranged and melee illusions to shatter.

If you take confounding suggestions, there's a fifty percent chance each daze is a stun + increased daze duration. Power block, on the other hand, seems fantastically assholeish with that many interrupts.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Make your idea on a build calculator and I can fine tune it for esports or something.

Just from your description, things you might run into issues with:

• You won't have much going for you defensively so unless the team is on the ball with peels you'll be just a dead mesmer as soon as you get targetted.
  • You'll have zero condi clear. Spvp is currently pretty condi heavy. I guess you'll have mender's purity but your lack of kiting ability will make it not enough.
  • You probably won't run portal and portal is seriously the best thing mesmers can bring. If you do run portal then no condi clear or no stun break, both is really bad.
  • You're using scepter on a power build or you're running double sword on a condi build.
  • No deceptive evasion so no shatter ammo.
  • Probably other things, idk.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 30, 2014

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Anyone have experience running a daze lock mesmer in esports? It would be purely for team fighting - locking someone down while my teammate obliterates them. I'm thinking sword/sword + scepter/pistol, 6/0/6/2/0, mesmer runes.

Sword 3, pistol 5, daze mantra X2, diversion = at least five ranged dazes you can chain in a row, plus whatever bonus you can get from having a mix of ranged and melee illusions to shatter.

If you take confounding suggestions, there's a fifty percent chance each daze is a stun + increased daze duration. Power block, on the other hand, seems fantastically assholeish with that many interrupts.

That seems really gimmicky. The focus pull and GS knockback are really useful for contesting points. I'm assuming you have Bountiful/Chaotic interruption with the 6 in Chaos so there's no loss there, but I don't know if you can justify 30 in Domination with that setup since they're not dazes. The loss of Illusionary Invigoration Critical Infusion (loving mesmers) and DE is also kind of meh.

The 2 in Inspiration is for Mender's Purity?

I run sword/sword in WvW all the time, but when I do it's mainly for the block and Swordsman. I don't like the interrupt as much as options in other slots.

Edit: Mesmer runes aren't that great either. Lyssa seems like a better option if all you have is MP for condi removal. You lose the two mantra dazes if you take strength I guess, but with BI it's kind of tempting.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 30, 2014

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I know it's gimmicky, but I was bored and just trying to find something to troll people while not being totally worthless. Unfortunately, I keep feeling pushed into PU or condi shatter.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJAVRjUqUyaNLerw1aADhq9JkBVN7AoBmAXxbFncD-TZRFwAAuCAPOEACeAAp2fgaZAA

Tips on tweaking my condi ranger build for spvp? What's really funny is that looking at gw2guru, all pvp spec forums have had traffic in the past week besides ranger which was posted to last month. :sigh:

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 30, 2014

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Erdricks posted:

Unfortunately, I keep feeling pushed into PU or condi shatter.

Neither are spvp builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEq0ya5Kurw1aABhaVA0+Fu3WgdCkBbQJrIK-TJhHwAAuIAILDE4JAAa/BA

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Are we still posting necros?

I also made this thing:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

never tried sword/dagger. IIRC that's an evade setup?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Make your idea on a build calculator and I can fine tune it for esports or something.

Just from your description, things you might run into issues with:

• You won't have much going for you defensively so unless the team is on the ball with peels you'll be just a dead mesmer as soon as you get targetted.
  • You'll have zero condi clear. Spvp is currently pretty condi heavy. I guess you'll have mender's purity but your lack of kiting ability will make it not enough.
  • You probably won't run portal and portal is seriously the best thing mesmers can bring. If you do run portal then no condi clear or no stun break, both is really bad.
  • You're using scepter on a power build or you're running double sword on a condi build.
  • No deceptive evasion so no shatter ammo.
  • Probably other things, idk.
You forgot the lack of welfare soldier runes.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Trying to figure out a decent Elementalist build for WvW (and for sPvP at some point, I suppose). Any advice? A lot of what I find on google looks out of date.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Trying to figure out a decent Elementalist build for WvW (and for sPvP at some point, I suppose). Any advice? A lot of what I find on google looks out of date.

Are you looking for roaming builds, camp-taking builds, zerging builds, what?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

6/5/3 is the best Ranger build. Get on top of something out of sight and plink people to death in a few seconds with your longbow. If anyone comes after you, just run away!

This is an old video from before the feature patch and also before i knew pets could do things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XqpFJYeHRA

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Chocolate Donuts posted:

The irony is that D/D is popular again so those old builds are probably spot on.

Edit: Someone posted a link to some builds on reddit earlier.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 30, 2014

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Here's the current D/D SPvP meta:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcM6cW4wyBd0APAC5hv2JKQ5qJfC-TJxHwADeAAa2fAwJAoYZAA

vvv lol :rolleye:

rap music fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Close http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcM6cW4wnBd0AdAB5zpvRBlzbnB-TJxHwADeAAa2fAwJAoYZAA

• Locked thread