Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
We were wondering about blowouts as well, also, stashes, I have found one empty one so far,
is there anything I can use as a stash in the newbie village?
I also found the extra stuff in the tunnel, immensely enjoyed exploring the area,
I seem to have got a bunch of quests solved through wandering around, including stopping Petruha from bandit assisted suiciding.
not to mention "finding" an svd on a freshly deceased military guy, thanks fleshies!
The new reloading thing threw me a little, but its fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like the intro

I really like the everything

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 30, 2014

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

drat, someone needs to go through and take some super high resolution screenshots.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

So is it relatively bug free or should i wait for a patch?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

staberind posted:

is there anything I can use as a stash in the newbie village?
The dresser in Sid's bunker can be used as a stash.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

E.Nigma posted:

The dresser in Sid's bunker can be used as a stash.

Cheers, I found it shortly after, also; one of the cars next to Bes has a stash in the rear.
I dunno how permanent they are, I am sure Sid's is ok, I much prefer to travel light.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

drat, this is pretty even on low graphics.

And I like the PDA overhaul. It lets me speak to people nearby.

And holy gently caress, I'm an idiot. In every game the PDA shows who is within "beep detector" range. Gives their names, ranks and affiliation. Even enemies. :cripes:

:speculate: edit: it came from facebook. safe stashes. WARNING: MAY BE SOME LOCATION SPOILERS, DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO WING IT ANYHOW

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 30, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the helicopter sound supposed to be constant?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Probably not. I recall reading about a fix in the forums.

New Yantar is really neat. I imagine a lot of LA isn't surprising to people that have messed around with stuff like Build 1935 or whatever, but I'm having a blast.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Probably not. I recall reading about a fix in the forums.

New Yantar is really neat. I imagine a lot of LA isn't surprising to people that have messed around with stuff like Build 1935 or whatever, but I'm having a blast.

Same. I'm really excited to get to Prypiat. I've seen some cool/funny poo poo and finding the tunnels was great.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

It happens in build 1935, so maybe they're trying to keep the spirit of b1935 alive. :patriot:

I'm surprised they didn't add an easter egg that makes it so that every NPC is a military one, like in an unmodified copy of Build 1935.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

floor is lava posted:

drat, someone needs to go through and take some super high resolution screenshots.

Oh my goodness thats great, makes me wish i could run the game on anything but low with shadows off (yes i know i know).

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
For people experiencing crashes and other bugs, there's a thread on the GSC forums with some fixes.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Sin is apparently Seele. :wtc:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

closeted republican posted:

It happens in build 1935, so maybe they're trying to keep the spirit of b1935 alive. :patriot:

I'm surprised they didn't add an easter egg that makes it so that every NPC is a military one, like in an unmodified copy of Build 1935.

Well I did actually see the helicopter after it posted that. It's just that the sound is like it's directly overhead even underground

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Well I did actually see the helicopter after it posted that. It's just that the sound is like it's directly overhead even underground

Bummer. I was hoping I'd stop hearing that eventually.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
well, with the bugfixes, I guess its worth loading a much earlier save,
I seem to have finished agroprom, however, its kind of stuck, I went back to a save in garbage, but now when I try to travel to another area, it ctd's...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avocados posted:

Bummer. I was hoping I'd stop hearing that eventually.

The dude made it sound like the chopper was a threat, but it hasn't fired on me yet. Just make your mind think it's white noise.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I'm confused about Agroprom. I think I did everything, but there's an audio file on the bar computer saying something about a case on the second floor, not the third. I don't remember seeing this. Anyone come across it?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I gave it another shot using some nvidia tools to force settings.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey the garbage is actually a garbage map anymore. Jesus it's all so nice. Why?
Man the detail. On your first walk into the place look down at the road for the sign.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 1, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
For those of you who've noticed the various AI issues such as non-responsive AI, Alundaio has posted a proposed fix for it at his forum.

You can download it here.

Edit: Here's a detailed list of what it does:

quote:

- Improved enemy callback. Enemies except actor are ignored by distance of 60^2. NPCs will not stay infinitely in combat. Actor can hide for 2 minutes.
- Increased eye_range to allow recognition of actor from 200m.
- Balanced vision_free/vision_danger settings for both night/day
- Fix to a combat_ignore xr_condition function.
- removed breathing sounds

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.
rear end

Thank You Card fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 2, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Thank You Card posted:

I started up LA and none of my keybind changes are actually taking place. Hitting the quicksave button made it say it was quicksaving but it didn't do anything. Running the game as an administrator let me save my game, but all of the saves (even the one the game makes when a fresh game starts) just CTD. :sigh:

Did you install under a Program Files folder? If so, don't.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'm able to play Lost Alpha on maximum settings with little to no issues, however hitting escape to open the menu or hitting F6 to quicksave takes a unplayable amount of time (30-45 seconds between hitting the escape key, the game freezing up and then the menu popping up like normal).

I'm trying to force myself to play through it since the rest of LA is pretty amazing, but getting into a dangerous area and wanting to quicksave often is just painful.

I've checked the other forums for a fix but I haven't seen anyone else bring up the same problem. I lowered my settings and that seemed to help (3-5 seconds for a quicksave), but the longer I play the longer it takes to quicksave until it gets back to 30+ seconds per save like there is a memory leak or something like that.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 1, 2014

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
loving invisible zombies WTF

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Vorenus posted:

loving invisible zombies WTF

Wait what, where? I'm up to X16 and haven't seen them.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Are they any harder than the Supermod version of invisible zombies? They took forever to loving kill in Supermod, at least they were still slow assholes.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wait what, where? I'm up to X16 and haven't seen them.

I think he's exaggerating a bit.

They are more translucent than invisible. And I ran into my first one in the tunnels underneath the cordon. Also, they are slow as poo poo, and seem to be restricted to certain areas by the AI, so you just sit outside their invisible fence, and plink them with a makarov until they finally stop getting up.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Swartz posted:

For those of you who've noticed the various AI issues such as non-responsive AI, Alundaio has posted a proposed fix for it at his forum.

You can download it here.

Edit: Here's a detailed list of what it does:

You are a family sized box of awesome, Cheers, btw, do you have any Idea how to re-enable the la options?

MRC48B posted:

They are more translucent than invisible. And I ran into my first one in the tunnels underneath the cordon. Also, they are slow as poo poo, and seem to be restricted to certain areas by the AI, so you just sit outside their invisible fence, and plink them with a makarov until they finally stop getting up.

Pretty much this, Oh, in the garbage, if anyone should offer you a mission involving culling zombro's, I'd ignore it, the reward is crap compared to the outlay of ammo, even using a re-chambered mp5.
I am a little saddened by all npc's ignoring fallen brosef's and their weapons, I got used to the mad scramble near the end of firefights to remain alive while klepping everything I could safely carry, then using corpses as "manbags" to haul junk to the nearest stash.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 2, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

staberind posted:

You are a family sized box of awesome, Cheers,
:blush:

Please download the below version and replace the one you currently have or you may experience CTD's and zombies. I have no idea why either would happen. Not Alundaio's fault, they've done some funky stuff with the new scripts it sounds like.
http://www.epicstalker.com/kjdhadshfadsfklsdfljsd/Lost_Alpha_AI_Tweaks_by_Alundaio_R2.zip

quote:

btw, do you have any Idea how to re-enable the la options?

I haven't looked at it, but as far as I know the only thing it has is debug options? Maybe there is more, I don't know.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

MRC48B posted:

They are just as invisible as bloodsuckers, and it looks like they used the same graphics for it. This means that their lower speed makes it harder to notice them until HOLY poo poo they are right on top of you and by the time you get out of the bush you were stealthed* in (which is the most awesome thing ever) you're pretty much dead. Not sure about the sandbox restrictions on them, I had one follow me quite a ways across the Garbage.

*I haven't seen anyone else mention this, and I don't remember it being mentioned by the devs. You go into the middle of a bush (maybe other areas too?) and stop. All of you that you can see turns black and things don't know you're there until they're literally two feet away. Works on zombies at least.

Thanks for the AI fix(es) Swartz!

Now to find the marked-on-my-map-but-not-really spot where this jacket is.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vorenus posted:

Now to find the marked-on-my-map-but-not-really spot where this jacket is.

I happened to find a jacket under the watchtower at the place you help capture from bandits,
in the garbage, to the right as you enter,
it was nothing special.

Strangest crash I am having so far is with the water bottles; selecting them without paying close attention, they have the option to slot them, instead of drinking them, it crashed with
code:
Expression    : 0
Function      : CUICellContainer::FindFreeCell
File          : ui\UIDragDropListEx.cpp
Line          : 689
Description   : there are no free room to place item
Also, frustratingly, it becomes impossible to interact with my stash sometimes.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 2, 2014

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Bone error killed my quicksave. Am I hosed or is there some unholy rite I can perform to save my one and only save?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Minarchist posted:

Bone error killed my quicksave. Am I hosed or is there some unholy rite I can perform to save my one and only save?

Killed it? Bone errors usually just CTD.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Looks like there is going to be a patch to fix bugs released some time around the middle of tomorrow by the LA team, hopefully it'll fix lots of the CTDs and slow down people are getting.

Or it'll cause loads of new errors :getin:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the experience like when SHoC was first released?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I ran into a fun bug, but I'd better spoiler it:

After getting away from the military, you get knocked out and captured by SIN in the mines. Well, apparently the leader you are supposed to talk to after getting captured flagged me as hostile for some reason, because he would begin talking after the player woke up, then as he was talking, pull out an AS VAL and immediately shoot the player in the head. Game over.:commissar:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 396 days!
Pro tip: if you find a military jeep, don't get in. You can't look down far enough to open the door, so you're stuck in the driver seat forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

Is this the experience like when SHoC was first released?
There's some really good crashes and glitches, but I haven't seen anything quite on par with the "Sidorvich's bunker never unlocks once you're done speaking with him for the first time" bug from unpatched SoC.