Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

I'm pretty sure the biggest trainwreck of a show I've ever watched has been The Real World: Ex-Plosion because it isn't designed to be anything other than a trainwreck

I think the best reality show I've ever seen was The Joe Schmo Show which was a fake reality TV show that was a kind of crazy Truman Show thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Eight Dollars posted:

a season of The Amazing Race I haven't decided on (probably 2 or 3)

Season 5. Without question imo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Eight Dollars posted:

The correct answer to best reality show season is Season 1 and 2 of the Mole for very different reasons.

I would also throw in Season 2 of Project Runway, Season 6 of Top Chef, Season 2 of Work of Art: Search for the Next Great Artist, the only season of Whodunnit (aka the best trainwreck of a show), the one season of Murder in a Small Town X, various Survivor seasons, a season of The Amazing Race I haven't decided on (probably 2 or 3) the all-star season of Face-Off, and the first season of VH1's Can't Get a Date.

I watch a lot of reality tv shows.

I'd rate 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 as better than 6 for Top Chef - Season 6 has a great top 4, but it's a loving slog to get down to them. I hated Work of Art, Season 1 of Shear Genius was pretty fun, and dipping into VH1 reality I Love Money Season 1 is a loving hilarious trainwreck.

Asiina posted:

This is a correct opinion.

I'd also say Season 3 of Masterchef. Hell's Kitchen it's hard to choose. I'd probably says Season 8 for the highest concentration of both insane and good cooks (Raj, Boris, Sabrina, Trev, Russell, Nona).

S3 of Masterchef is a great pick, Hell's Kitchen I'd go with 7 because like 4 of the top 5 were good enough to win. 4 and 6 as runners-up, I loving hated everyone you listed on S8 besides Boris, who I felt sorry for more than anything.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd rate 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 as better than 6 for Top Chef - Season 6 has a great top 4, but it's a loving slog to get down to them.

I'm amazed you'd put 7 over 6, I thought 7 was a horrible slog and didn't even have a satisfying final group as a reward. S3 and 4 will always be my favorite there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

S3 of Masterchef is a great pick, Hell's Kitchen I'd go with 7 because like 4 of the top 5 were good enough to win. 4 and 6 as runners-up, I loving hated everyone you listed on S8 besides Boris, who I felt sorry for more than anything.

The only person that I listed that I actually liked was Nona, since she was good and tried to just keep her insane team together. Raj and Sabrina were batshit, Boris was so clueless and he stayed for so long. Trev and Russell really represent that arrogant type of reality show contestant where they know they're good and are total insufferable assholes about it. It was truly representative of reality TV.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

This is gonna get CRAZY who wants a cocktail?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque posted:

I'm amazed you'd put 7 over 6, I thought 7 was a horrible slog and didn't even have a satisfying final group as a reward. S3 and 4 will always be my favorite there.

I was going by a list of winners, I meant All-Stars and not 7. 7 sucked and had probably my second least favorite winner behind Hosea

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

Confirming that I am a guy in this game who will be posting more tomorrow.

Also this

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##drag the conversation back to mafia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

help it's not working

also $5 on spacebutt being 3p, calling it now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

help it's not working

why?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

who is space butt

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i can feel him oozing the "hello i am so scummy" vibe, but as town he's usually more aggressive and trying to list who scum are on d1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Foo posted:

who is space butt

derp

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

i can feel him oozing the "hello i am so scummy" vibe, but as town he's usually more aggressive and trying to list who scum are on d1

ernie what is this? what are you doing and why

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

help it's not working

I will accept your wager.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ernie. posted:

not feelin' this, though i know what you mean about scumlisting

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
not everyone has even posted yet. give it time, ernie

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
OMG there is a second season of work of art?? Yaaay :sun:

derp I want to help with your power~ posts posts~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I like how that's barely actually more useful information.

Also I didn't realize how many people haven't actually really posted anything yet.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The game just started! My new job rules~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hooray yuming I am glad you like your new job, that is good things.

Are we all here yet?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm watching ink master right now :stare:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I could tell you about Deer Brainworm right now :stare:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ok since i am now a big fat dead loser drat you poque, i can play in this game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ok im going to use my power on ix and foo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yuming what is your job i have a new job too

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also lol your new av didnt last long

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ix and foo are differing alignment! :o gasp! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Asz11cD9GI

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I totally missed the "same five minutes" thing and was wondering why you needed so much posting. what's the flavor of your power?

uranus posted:

ok since i am now a big fat dead loser drat you poque, i can play in this game

:getin:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

I'm watching ink master right now :stare:

Ink Master loving rules, the legit best guy this season last I saw went by "Sausage" and everyone says "human canvas" and "human canvas jury" all the time.

I'm out for tonight, off of a high from stomping bar trivia~

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

ernie what is this? what are you doing and why

it is right in front of you, pock

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

I think every game ive ever started with derp has had day 0/1 cop type shenanigans and its amusing to me that people are considering his 'claim' as truthfacts

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Uradd posted:

I think every game ive ever started with derp has had day 0/1 cop type shenanigans and its amusing to me that people are considering his 'claim' as truthfacts

Nah, Foo is scum and derp is a good guy who did a good thing. 7:45 finals are also pretty much the best thing ever, I love them so.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll just put it out there now that I don't believe derp :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
And also that the best reality seasons are, in no particular order:

Survivor: Heroes vs Villians (S20)
Big Brother: All Stars (S7)
Apprentice UK Season 2
Big Brother UK: Season 7
The Mole seasons 1/2

hope that helps!

oh and The Genius Season 1 but everyone knows that one

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
HvV over Micronesia? Insanity. And SCUMMY ##vote Murmur

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello everyone. if you look at my post closely you will find that... the song... was not from the 80s, even though it was a band popular in the 80s! :o gasp! so you can deduce that my post was not a true fact!

anyway yeah i made up that role for fun and it didnt work. i just dont have it like i used to.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Still waiting on a fakeclaim from Ernie before the game can begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

uranus posted:

hello everyone. if you look at my post closely you will find that... the song... was not from the 80s, even though it was a band popular in the 80s! :o gasp! so you can deduce that my post was not a true fact!

anyway yeah i made up that role for fun and it didnt work. i just dont have it like i used to.

The fanciest of fakeclaims. At least you generated a small amount of content.

Is anyone around? Ernest? I'm done with school forever and ever unless I decide to go to grad school some day which is actually pretty likely, but still, I have time. We could post songs about how we feel about this game, that'd be cool.

• Locked thread