Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Random draw landed me 2 Barts and a Marge this morning, will trade Bart for anything. Hell, would even trade Marge for a more interesting character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Well, it finally happened.

After 6 modulars, Orthanc, the Haunted House, the VW Minivan, and a bunch of random smaller things, I actually had a missing piece in the Sidney Opera House. Small flat yellow 2x1 was missing, probably swapped with a small grey tube thing that I didn't use and couldn't find a place for when I checked the instructions again.

Not much of a problem since I had a few of those in a box with random stuff. Still weird, I was starting to get the impression that I wouldn't have anything missing ever.

Now where the hell am I going to put the Opera, jezus it's goddamn big.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
For all of us UK Goons, the Daily Mail (I know...) has another load of newspapers to give away when you buy their Lego poly bags.

Starts 10th May.

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/lego-giveaway-daily-mail-10-17-1892714

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What time tomorrow does the US sale start?

I want to say that last year it started at 12am EST, so 9pm PST

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Hamburlgar posted:

For all of us UK Goons, the Daily Mail (I know...) has another load of newspapers to give away when you buy their Lego poly bags.

Starts 10th May.

Being in the US and wanting almost all of these sets is tremendously frustrating :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hamburlgar posted:

Starts 10th May.

gently caress I really like these but obviously don't know anyone who buys the DM and couldn't bear the shame of buying it myself. What do you actually have to get, is it a cut-out token or something? How much is the DM these days?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Would really like to get my hands on a few of those, especially the two batman ones, the shuttle, and the lego movie one. Anyone expecting to have spares?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Now I've seen a couple of those poly bag sets in the US already. A guy had the Super Secret Police Enforcer and the Tumbler at the Chicago Toy Show last week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My local Target had the Tumbler and the City Policeman.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Anyone else planning on hitting up free comic book day then Lego store on Saturday? These two events collide every year and it's always a mix of fun and self-loathing.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Apparently the Lego store nearish to me is having a 15th birthday event, including a free gift for the first 100 people through the door (what are my chances?), free minifigs on a spend over £25 and a free Lego Store set if you spend over £100 :aaa:

I think I might have to go, shameful as that is.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I was able to snag the last Simpsons mini-fig I was missing today. I had gotten them all through blind luck and was only missing grandpa. Luckily he has a distinctly shaped head and I was able to feel for him.

I ended up with duplicates of Marge, Bart, Lisa, Krusty, Maggie, Burns and Chief Wiggum. If anyone is looking for any of these I'd sell them for cost and shipping. If you have any of the movie mini-figs you want to get rid of I'd also entertain a trade. I never picked up any of them so depending on which ones you have I might be interested.

Is anyone else disappointed in the second wave of Ninja Turtles stuff? I liked the first wave pretty well but this one doesn't really have that much that interests me.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DisposableHero posted:

I was able to snag the last Simpsons mini-fig I was missing today. I had gotten them all through blind luck and was only missing grandpa. Luckily he has a distinctly shaped head and I was able to feel for him.

I ended up with duplicates of Marge, Bart, Lisa, Krusty, Maggie, Burns and Chief Wiggum. If anyone is looking for any of these I'd sell them for cost and shipping. If you have any of the movie mini-figs you want to get rid of I'd also entertain a trade. I never picked up any of them so depending on which ones you have I might be interested.

Is anyone else disappointed in the second wave of Ninja Turtles stuff? I liked the first wave pretty well but this one doesn't really have that much that interests me.

US or UK? I have a ton of movie dupes I'd be happy to trade if you're in the UK.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
Ah sorry. I should have mentioned. I'm in the US.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DisposableHero posted:

I will take Bart, Marge and Burns off your hands. I have Burns but my wife needs one for work... PM me?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Dogen posted:

I will take Bart, Marge and Burns off your hands. I have Burns but my wife needs one for work... PM me?

PM'd!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

DisposableHero posted:

I like the turtle sub set, the others are kinda ehh.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My local Target apparently no longer stocks Minifigs because assholes kept opening the bags in the toy aisles so if anyone could pick up a Milhouse for me or has a spare, I'd do cost + shipping.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I still haven't seen any Simpsons minifigs anywhere. I'm starting to think I live in the only city in the world that actually obeys toy street dates.

Anyway sorry to taint the thread with Kreo, but to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Transformers this guy's created actual transforming versions of a bunch of the G1 Transformers out of Kreo. I really hope he posts some instructions for these, because I would love to make some of these myself even if it means buying fake Lego. They blow the official Transformers Kreo stuff out of the water.

http://orionpax.de/23/index.php/showroom/gallery/52/TRANSFORMERS-30TH-ANNIVERSARY-KRE-O-FANPROJECT

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

DisposableHero posted:

I'm interested in all that remains after Dogen, should be Lisa, Krusty, Maggie and Chief Wiggum.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

DisposableHero posted:

Sent you a PM about Maggie, Krusty and Chief Wiggum.

EFB by two minutes :argh:

I've still got a Bart and Flanders duplicate if anyone else is interested in trading.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 2, 2014

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Is it generally cheaper to buy loose bricks offa brinklink or goto a PAB wall at a Lego store? I need to build a few more stands for my minifigs, the local PAB in Orlando has the colors/bricks I need but what's the general price breakdown for a large container? The bricks I'm looking at are generally pretty common sized ones, nothing special, look to be anywhere from .07c-.14c off of bricklink. I'm thinking I'm going to need around 60-80 pieces.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Sent you a PM about Maggie, Krusty and Chief Wiggum.

EFB by two minutes :argh:

I've still got a Bart and Flanders duplicate if anyone else is interested in trading.

I would buy your Flanders if you want to sell.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Crotch Fruit posted:

I would buy your Flanders if you want to sell.

I'm going to be busy all weekend with other stuff but if no one else comes along with a 1:1 trade off in the mean time, I'll mail it out Monday afternoon if you still want it.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Captain Invictus posted:

FTL already got the required 10k for CUUSOO review and failed it, they considered it "too niche".

Now that FTL's sold like ten billion copies, I wonder if they'd reconsider.

They are right. One of my friends works at a "major games studio" who approached lego about doing licensed sets for their ips which have sold tens of millions and lego went no way. That's not enough. A top selling video game isn't enough.

Unless you have a big movie slate and or a long running tv show tie ins plus an existing non lego retail presence it won't get made into a lego set generally. Lego wants to see that you have skin in the game. FTL ain't it by a long shot.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Big K of Justice posted:

They are right. One of my friends works at a "major games studio" who approached lego about doing licensed sets for their ips which have sold tens of millions and lego went no way. That's not enough. A top selling video game isn't enough.

Unless you have a big movie slate and or a long running tv show tie ins plus an existing non lego retail presence it won't get made into a lego set generally. Lego wants to see that you have skin in the game. FTL ain't it by a long shot.

I think you and I might know people who worked at the same studio. Same kind of deal happened. They approached Lego, Lego said no, and now they are working with a competitor.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

mattfl posted:

Is it generally cheaper to buy loose bricks offa brinklink or goto a PAB wall at a Lego store? I need to build a few more stands for my minifigs, the local PAB in Orlando has the colors/bricks I need but what's the general price breakdown for a large container? The bricks I'm looking at are generally pretty common sized ones, nothing special, look to be anywhere from .07c-.14c off of bricklink. I'm thinking I'm going to need around 60-80 pieces.

Hey, I've been :spergin: and've been keeping track of my PAB cups.
Over the last seven large cups I've gotten from:
331 (~$0.045/piece) [a bunch of large bricks, minifig seats, and these things that don't stack well]
to 1985 (~$0.008/piece) [1500 of those 1x1 round tiles and cheese slopes]
with an average of 1083 (~$0.014/piece)

So in my experience even if you get large bricks/plates or don't take an hour to optimally pack bricks in you're probably better of going to the PAB if they have what you need. Don't forget you'd also need to factor in shipping/handling as well for BL orders.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Tkytko posted:

Hey, I've been :spergin: and've been keeping track of my PAB cups.
Over the last seven large cups I've gotten from:
331 (~$0.045/piece) [a bunch of large bricks, minifig seats, and these things that don't stack well]
to 1985 (~$0.008/piece) [1500 of those 1x1 round tiles and cheese slopes]
with an average of 1083 (~$0.014/piece)

So in my experience even if you get large bricks/plates or don't take an hour to optimally pack bricks in you're probably better of going to the PAB if they have what you need. Don't forget you'd also need to factor in shipping/handling as well for BL orders.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like we're taking a trip to the Lego store on Sunday! Isn't there a goon here who works at the Orlando store?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think you and I might know people who worked at the same studio. Same kind of deal happened. They approached Lego, Lego said no, and now they are working with a competitor.

I'm guessing Halo, then. In that particular instance I doubt they wanted to have the Lego brand associated with an M-rated video game series.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm guessing Halo, then. In that particular instance I doubt they wanted to have the Lego brand associated with an M-rated video game series.

Either Halo or Blizzard.

e:
or Call of Duty, I guess. MegaBloks gets lots of weird licenses.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sockser posted:

Either Halo or Blizzard.

e:
or Call of Duty, I guess. MegaBloks gets lots of weird licenses.

A new challenger enters the ring!

http://c3toys.com/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not ashamed to admit the Halo megabloks figures are pretty cool. Their quality isn't as good as lego but the articulation and detail is pretty neat.

I have an elite hijacking my galaxy explorer right now and that's okay. :colbert:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Captain Invictus posted:

I think it's less the M-rated part and more about Lego group's insistence that they do not produce war toys. All three companies people have mentioned pretty much make games focusing on war in one form or another.

Which I'm fine with, but I really wish they would do more things like the Sopwith Camel but with WWII era planes or jets instead. :argh:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Just popping in to confirm that the Revan figure is awesome, just in case any of you had any doubts. I mean, there's no special features or anything, but it's Darth Revan, hooray! Do HK-47 next please, Lego. Then Nihilus.

e: need to find a purple lightsaber blade at some point

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 2, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

mattfl posted:

Our store's had a few people coming in looking for these, and a lot more coming in looking for Red Sox 'LEGO'. Brand confusion is fun!

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Captain Invictus posted:

But enough about that. I want this as an official set. :v:

Lego Mindstorm Spider Mastermind.

Someone needs to make that happen, pronto.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

mattfl posted:

http://minimatescentral.com/category/dcc3/. Edit drat link isn't posting from my phone- select the DC /c3 link on the upper right for a list of sets

Not really new. They put out Batman sets a few years back as a way to sell Minimate Figures. The bricks sucked at holding, they feel brittle, but the designs were nice.

MarxCarl fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 2, 2014

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Boy howdy the Ecto-1 looks pretty cool. Not too far from what the guy made either.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So I was able to sell those minifig display cases and a few other things and have about $250 to spend tomorrow at the Lego store. Along with picking up a few PAB cups I was thinking of another modular building. I have the Town Hall, Firehouse, the Grand Emporium, and the Haunted House(I know it's not part of the Modulars but it fits so nicely with them!). I know both the Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant are available at my local store as well as the Simpsons house, so which would you guys get??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I have both the Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant, and town hall and pet shop. I know a lot of users here like the detail of the Restaurant more, and the exterior is pretty nice, but I think the Cinema fits in better with the other modular buildings. I like my cinema more than my restaurant. . . Of course a 3rd option would be to trade your firehouse for my restaurant. :haw:

As for the Simpsons house. . . Get it if you really like the show otherwise it's not a very good set.