Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

Let's be fair, he usually blows them up too quickly for it to be classified as 'torture.'

He's pretty fond of pulling their mechs apart piece by piece while mocking them before finally erasing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kanos posted:

"Sadistic Sociopathic Murdering Megalomaniac who delights in torturing the broken people he helped create in a way akin to pulling the wings off butterflies" is not what I would class as "awesome". :v:
I'll take what I can get. I've had it with both mealy-mouthed and overconfident robot pilots.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Can someone warn me as to the mission conditions (in Z3.1) for Scenario 21? The Endless Waltz mission with like a million serpents, the second half of it. There's 2 mission success things, 3 mission failure conditions and they all look more complicated than "kill everything" and "don't die." My guess is that Heero has to reach the mansion in X(?) turns? But then why is there a second part of the mission success? Also should I bother with the reinforcements that showed up behind my main dudes or keep rushing the mansion to make space for Heero?

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

Kaidyn posted:

Can someone warn me as to the mission conditions (in Z3.1) for Scenario 21? The Endless Waltz mission with like a million serpents, the second half of it. There's 2 mission success things, 3 mission failure conditions and they all look more complicated than "kill everything" and "don't die." My guess is that Heero has to reach the mansion in X(?) turns? But then why is there a second part of the mission success? Also should I bother with the reinforcements that showed up behind my main dudes or keep rushing the mansion to make space for Heero?

Kill all serpents within 5 turns. Heero will be fine if you just have him and Karen spam their post-movement map attacks on anything that comes close to them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

CornishGH posted:

Kill all serpents within 5 turns. Heero will be fine if you just have him and Karen spam their post-movement map attacks on anything that comes close to them.

To clarify, you have to do either victory condition, not both. Speed killing the Serpents gets you the SR point, too.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Aura Battler Dunbine: Punch your girlfriend in the loving face, she vows to protect you next episode.

The writers just had no idea what they wanted to do with that character, did they? :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 5, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think my favorite part of dunbine that i've seen so far is when neill disguises himself by putting on:
1. a different headband
2. a tomato on his nose
3. a lemon on his teeth

And his teenage girlfriend doesn't recognize him!

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Just finished my first playthrough, this was a fantastic game, they left the door open for some awesome story in Z3.2, hopefully they make use of all that potential. Getting the FULL band back together in Z3.2 with their memories back and everything would be great.

Heres to hoping we get everyone back Alpha 3 style and maybe they add some badass new series (GaoGaiGar/ZZ/Diebuster) for the final chapter of this 5 game saga.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ZZ gundam really? You want to the spend the final Z game babysitting a bunch of kids?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I would unironically want that, it would be funny as hell.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Rascyc posted:

ZZ gundam really? You want to the spend the final Z game babysitting a bunch of kids?

I just want HD Full Armor ZZ and Quebely Mk. II's. Also Judau would be funny with Banagher and co.

I'd totally take F91/Victory or Crossbone instead though :swoon:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Crossbone would be really awkward to have along with 00T.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh man the last thing I want is Victory, I'd love ZZ to come back even though it won't. :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Oh man the last thing I want is Victory, I'd love ZZ to come back even though it won't. :(

F91 and/or Victory would be boss as hell in HD. V2 kicks rear end and hasn't gotten to be in a game since D.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I hope we get Diebuster. It would be the ultimate excuse for Triple Inazuma kick.

Or even a quadruple Inazuma Kick with Gurren Lagann :allears::allears::allears:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I want a crossed arms combo attack with Getter. :colbert: :kamina:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If they bring back the duo system from Z3.1, I hope they add little bonuses for certain combos, like how Z1 had bonuses for putting certain units in the same squad. Just something like Gurren Lagann and Gunbuster having a slightly different animation if they're both doing the Inazuma Kick, and it does a bit more damage.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

I hope we get Diebuster. It would be the ultimate excuse for Triple Inazuma kick.

Or even a quadruple Inazuma Kick with Gurren Lagann :allears::allears::allears:

I think you mean quintuple Inazuma Kick. Evangelion Unit 1 want in on that action.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ethiser posted:

I think you mean quintuple Inazuma Kick. Evangelion Unit 1 want in on that action.

Hextuple Inazuma Kick, Shinji has to dance like he means it with Asuka. Shuffle Alliance Attack eat your heart out.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
:( G Gundam Z3.2 when? That would probably have it surpass Alpha 3 as favorite SRW of all time.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's going to be hard to surpass Alpha-3 for me simply because of the usage of Originals.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Valid point, as much as I like hibiki and Genion, its going to be VERY hard to surpass Touma and DaiRaiOh, Cobray and Astranagant too....

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if we'll get a new original for Z3.2. Z2.2 didn't but I really like seeing their robot interpretations of astrology.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Ethiser posted:

I wonder if we'll get a new original for Z3.2. Z2.2 didn't but I really like seeing their robot interpretations of astrology.

Poor Esther. Might as well have just not existed.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hokuto posted:

Maybe not...maybe Traia will have left Carlos and the Scott Lab building a super cool prototype for her during Z3.1 (with a combined attack with Crowe or Marguerite).

Please, Banpresto...:pray:

Her current mech (I can't even remember it's name!) is pretty much Brasta ver. Methuss!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 5, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hokuto posted:

She just had a worse version of an existing robot. Maybe Z3.2 will finally give her the part dimensional beast mech controlled by drums that she deserves.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I don't need Love and Courage, I'd just settle for some Hard Work and Love.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

One idea I heard was Esther getting the Super version of Brasta from Z2.2 and Crowe getting the Real one.

Which fits well enough with their personalities, though I really just want Esther to either get her own mech or just be made a subpilot for Crowe at this point.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hokuto posted:

Seriously, you could have excised her entirely from Z2-2 and basically nothing would have changed. She wasn't even the catalyst behind Crowe finally upgrading.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Kanos posted:

Seriously, you could have excised her entirely from Z2-2 and basically nothing would have changed. She wasn't even the catalyst behind Crowe finally upgrading.

...yes she is? Every time Crowe makes a Sphere breakthrough, it's pretty much about his guilt re: Esther. It's her Violation that levels up his Sphere again and forces Traia to develop the Li-Brasta and CDS.

I'm not going to claim Esther was impressive or progressive but she is very much a part of Crowe's story from beginning to end.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brunom1 posted:

Maybe not...maybe Traia will have left Carlos and the Scott Lab building a super cool prototype for her during Z3.1 (with a combined attack with Crowe or Marguerite).

Please, Banpresto...:pray:

Her current mech (I can't even remember it's name!) is pretty much Brasta ver. Methuss!

I'm curious, does Z3-1 mention Insalum at all?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm curious, does Z3-1 mention Insalum at all?

It gets briefly referenced IIRC and one of the D-Trader items directly references it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caphi posted:

...yes she is? Every time Crowe makes a Sphere breakthrough, it's pretty much about his guilt re: Esther. It's her Violation that levels up his Sphere again and forces Traia to develop the Li-Brasta and CDS.

I'm not going to claim Esther was impressive or progressive but she is very much a part of Crowe's story from beginning to end.

The final straw for Crowe finally pushing through and mastering his sphere is Carlos, not Esther. Esther isn't even allowed to do anything once Crowe shows up because she gets shoved into the DAMON Refrigerator for the entire game. She's there in the background as A Thing For Him To Feel Bad About but she herself has no agency or character for most of Z2-2 and you could replace her with Crowe's beloved pet cat or a busload of orphans or a bunch of sacks of gold with $$$ signs on them for Crowe to pay his debts with and nothing meaningful would change about the plot.

I'm super mad about this because I really like Esther and was really looking forward for her to take an important starring role. Setsuko was the last female protagonist in SRW who was allowed to be a protagonist instead of an accessory/power-up device/damsel in distress and her game was released six years ago. Hell, we've even retconned previous female protagonists into less important roles. Poor Kusuha.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think we can all agree that Z2 was kind of a mess of a game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kanos posted:

The final straw for Crowe finally pushing through and mastering his sphere is Carlos, not Esther. Esther isn't even allowed to do anything once Crowe shows up because she gets shoved into the DAMON Refrigerator for the entire game. She's there in the background as A Thing For Him To Feel Bad About but she herself has no agency or character for most of Z2-2 and you could replace her with Crowe's beloved pet cat or a busload of orphans or a bunch of sacks of gold with $$$ signs on them for Crowe to pay his debts with and nothing meaningful would change about the plot.

I'm super mad about this because I really like Esther and was really looking forward for her to take an important starring role. Setsuko was the last female protagonist in SRW who was allowed to be a protagonist instead of an accessory/power-up device/damsel in distress and her game was released six years ago. Hell, we've even retconned previous female protagonists into less important roles. Poor Kusuha.
I seriously think Ibis is the only female protagonist to (barely) escape that axe of retcon in OG. Hell, she is the one to get heavily involved with Irui, even moreso than Kusuha, the "canon" Alpha protagonist. Which would be good if 2nd OGs didn't boil down to Ing Egret's Excellent Adventure.

I just wish OG would stop trying to push Kusuha's boyfriend as an interesting character. Because he really isn't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the teacher in Z3 may be worse than Esther in terms of actually doing poo poo. She is just so loving boring. I can't think of a single even remotely interesting thing she does in the course of the entire game beyond provide the fuel for your basic finisher.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Suzune is actually what got me retroactively mad about SRW and female protagonists lately. Normally I don't really think about it.

AradoBalanga posted:

I seriously think Ibis is the only female protagonist to (barely) escape that axe of retcon in OG. Hell, she is the one to get heavily involved with Irui, even moreso than Kusuha, the "canon" Alpha protagonist. Which would be good if 2nd OGs didn't boil down to Ing Egret's Excellent Adventure.

I just wish OG would stop trying to push Kusuha's boyfriend as an interesting character. Because he really isn't.

Considering Ibis's entire schtick is being a huge failure and a screw-up who spends several games unable to properly wrestle with a series of emotional hang-ups that prevent her from knuckling down and realizing her full potential, I don't know if she's actually better off than Kusuha. :v:

For anyone who's played Dark Prison, how is Selena treated in OG so far?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

I think the teacher in Z3 may be worse than Esther in terms of actually doing poo poo. She is just so loving boring. I can't think of a single even remotely interesting thing she does in the course of the entire game beyond provide the fuel for your basic finisher.

Has occasional bouts of (ahem) "irrational hysteria." They're actually almost interesting and I have a theory about what they are, but to be honest, it still doesn't help her case that much. I'm only in endgame so I don't know if they do anything with it or if they'll deal with it in the second Z3.

My original, optimistic theories about Suzune are all out the window, though, and I'm actually very disappointed about it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

It's worth mentioning one conversation from the middle of the game after Paradigm City. Someone (Duo, I think?) asks Traia how Esther's doing these days and if they can see her. She says Esther's doing fine and is "busy elsewhere", but she'll be glad to bring Esther in when she's done with whatever that is.

So there you have it. Sorry guys, she's busy.

That puts the teacher slightly above her in terms of doing things, I think. Especially considering that Esther spent most of Z2.2 as an object, a damon in a fridge, as Kanos said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caphi posted:

Has occasional bouts of (ahem) "irrational hysteria." They're actually almost interesting and I have a theory about what they are, but to be honest, it still doesn't help her case that much. I'm only in endgame so I don't know if they do anything with it or if they'll deal with it in the second Z3.

My original, optimistic theories about Suzune are all out the window, though, and I'm actually very disappointed about it.

Never expect good things out of women in robot shows. It doesn't tend to happen often.

• Locked thread