Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Just got towed in for a no start diag.

Lots-a-interference type of engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

The Chrysler 2.7 is pretty notorious for timing chain tensioner failures, but I thought all the ones prone to it were already dead. Guess there's still a few holdouts.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

2.7L Sebring Convertible, and they want to put an engine in it as of last I checked a few minutes ago.

Stockholm syndrome at its loving finest.

I know a guy thats on the third 2.7 in his convert and second harness. and he ran into someone with it last night knocking the whole front end off.

he wants to rebuild the piece of poo poo.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Just got towed in for a no start diag.

"Diag"? As in, "can you please figure out why my car won't start"?

:frogsiren: "Well that's your problem, right there!" :frogsiren:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Every 2.7 I have ever driven behind has smelled of burning coolant from a bad headgasket. They are shitboxes that should have never been designed.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

SouthsideSaint posted:

They are shitboxes that should have never been designed.

Perhaps they never were. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

13 INCH DICK posted:

2.7L Sebring Convertible, and they want to put an engine in it as of last I checked a few minutes ago.

Do you get to pick what engine?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Do you get to pick what engine?

If that was the case we'd have a Seabring with a 302 innit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

gently caress that, LS4.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

West SAAB Story posted:

Quad4 for lyfe :corsair:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

PainterofCrap posted:

Quad4 for lyfe :corsair:

Iron Duke for maximum awesome

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
Honestly, the most :ughh: picture in that thread was the last one with the gunsafe.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Dr.Smasher posted:

Iron Duke for maximum awesome

Not the engine it needs, but the engine it deserves.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Theris posted:

the engine it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BSEvI6EsaE

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Slow is Fast posted:

This whole thread of PO fuckery.

What does PO stand for?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

dietcokefiend posted:

Better a nuked engine than a torn off foot. Is that someone running a 520 or 525 where it should be a 530?

Most of the 200whp+ superbike builds are racing on a 520.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

SkunkDuster posted:

What does PO stand for?

Prior Owner.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BlackMK4 posted:

Most of the 200whp+ superbike builds are racing on a 520.

They also change the chain after every race.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

13 INCH DICK posted:

To put it in perspective for those not in the know, my coworker nearly quit when asked to do a water pump/timing belt on one of those. An unbelievable pile of poo poo.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

nmfree posted:

Honestly, the most :ughh: picture in that thread was the last one with the gunsafe.

Looks safe to me!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Preoptopus posted:

To put it in perspective for those not in the know, my coworker nearly quit when asked to do a water pump/timing belt on one of those. An unbelievable pile of poo poo.

Two years ago this girl I was going to school with was in the market for a new vehicle. "I have $5,000 and I want to get a Wrangler." Since I live 5 minutes from her I told her I'd go car shopping with her. The next week she comes in and says she just bought a 2002 Sebring Vert for $5,000. I face-palmed myself so hard I was in a coma for a week.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Hey guys, what's going on in here...oh :stare:

Oh... :downsgun:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

That's sure not a chip of the old block.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Preoptopus posted:

But you can see right in the picture that it has a timing chain?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KozmoNaut posted:

They also change the chain after every race.

A basic superbike motor build will make over 200whp... and I guarantee you all the club racers aren't changing chains every race. poo poo, the ZX10 and S1000RR will make 200whp with a tune/full exhaust.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 7, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress all that imperial jibber-jabber; metric system superiority:

NZ Herald posted:

The driver of a transporter truck which slammed into an overbridge in Oamaru may yet face charges in relation to the crash.

Two cars, one a black Audi, were shunted off the back of the double-decker truck and another was badly damaged when truck hit the rail bridge on the Humber St bridge about 12.30pm today.

"He just got it wrong,'' Oamaru Constable Dean Paterson said.

"He's made a mistake with his height and the clearance of the bridge.''

The rail bridge allows vehicles up to 3.5 metres tall to pass under it. Mr Paterson estimated the truck and its load would have been about 4 metres high.

Enquiries into the accident were continuing and a decision over whether to prosecute the driver would be made at a later date, he said.

The truck, owned by New Zealand Vehicle Deliveries Transport Ltd (NZVD), had minor damage to its trailer.

The bridge was inspected by KiwiRail structural inspectors from Dunedin but appeared to be unscathed.

The three damaged vehicles and two others were cleared by 1.30pm with help from the New Zealand Fire Service and a forklift driver from a nearby business, Mr Paterson said.

PTS Logistics, NZVD's parent company, declined to comment on the crash last night.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Slavvy posted:

gently caress all that imperial jibber-jabber; metric system superiority:

I like how they don't bother mentioning what the other car was. Not an Audi, not worth it! :smug:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

subx posted:

I like how they don't bother mentioning what the other car was. Not an Audi, not worth it! :smug:

Pictured: Audi, miserable shitbox. Am I wrong?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Looks like a Wagon R.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Das Volk posted:

Pictured: Audi, miserable shitbox. Am I wrong?

No, you were right. Audi's are miserable shitboxes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Hyundai SUV in the background was lifted off the trailer by the forkhoist apparently.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

subx posted:

I'm not sure if it's the NZ media or just the herald but they have a really weird thing about reporting on mishaps to nice cars and houses. Throwing the word luxury in front of something, even if it's a 15 year old 3 series, seems to make it newsworthy.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So we justhad a fully dressed long block dropped off for that Sebring, I thought they were just kidding when the front shop said we were doing a motor :unsmigghh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

13 INCH DICK posted:

So we justhad a fully dressed long block dropped off for that Sebring, I thought they were just kidding when the front shop said we were doing a motor :unsmigghh:

"It's the damndest thing, chain on the engine hoist snapped and it smacked the concrete. Oh well, guess I can't do it today!"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

sanchez posted:

I'm not sure if it's the NZ media or just the herald but they have a really weird thing about reporting on mishaps to nice cars and houses. Throwing the word luxury in front of something, even if it's a 15 year old 3 series, seems to make it newsworthy.

A drug bust seized THREE LUXURY CARS INCLUDING A MASERATI AND A PORSCHE and also two million dollars whatevs.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'm currently picturing a long block full of stuffing with bacon on top and bound together in twine.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Throatwarbler posted:

But you can see right in the picture that it has a timing chain?

Hmm, might be thinking of the 2.4. Still equally terrible, every Chrysler and Chrysler enthusiast can vanish as far as Im concerned.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

A drug bust seized THREE LUXURY CARS INCLUDING A MASERATI AND A PORSCHE and also two million dollars whatevs.

Aren't Maserati QP's only like $25k USD used?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
they are luxury in NZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
even though u spend that much on a skyline with some horrible 40% interest loan and then rent all your appliances and get sky TV

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)