Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Vargs posted:

I figured he could use a healthy snack after the 30 or so individually sent sticks of butter.

Which gameplay type? PVT stuff is pretty widely used in WvW (though I'm not an elementalist expert so perhaps that class is an exception). For PvE, berserker is the commonly recommended stat spread.

Yeah, I'm mostly interested in WvW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Hobo Siege posted:

I think best is a stretch, but WvW is pretty much unrivaled. You should come to Tarnished Coast, we're constantly hovering right around the top 4 WvW servers.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Going to apply for SFD and figure out what class I want to play. I played a Ranger in GW1.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Hey Arus.

code:
                         .----.   @   @
                        / .-"-.`.  \v/
                        | | '\ \ \_/ )
                      ,-\ `-.' /.'  /
                     '---`----'----'
Anyways megaservers are still making guild missions hella weird.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's more work for me but it shouldn't impact the rest of SFD, completion times have been the same. I just need to spam chat with instructions.

One thing that always happens is Dreggon never gets in our instance first go, I think he is in a different SFD or something.

Edit: Arus 48th wasnt today he faked it to get out of the esport tournament. Don't send him any presents in October if you sent some today.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 4, 2014

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

It's more work for me but it shouldn't impact the rest of SFD, completion times have been the same. I just need to spam chat with instructions.

One thing that always happens is Dreggon never gets in our instance first go, I think he is in a different SFD or something.

Edit: Arus 48th wasnt today he faked it to get out of the esport tournament. Don't send him any presents in October if you sent some today.

It's like I have megaserver syphilis. I'd be interested to know how and why it decides to split the guild up whenever we try to go to a zone.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That's simple. 50 SFD warp into a zone, 44 get in before the instance hits the soft cap, 6 get put into another instance. I believe soft cap is 120 hard cap is 150.

That's why I make sure people can see my tag before I start so I can taxi people in. Most missions I taxi in 1-5 players, that 1 being you.

Edit: With your constant talk of weird lag problems and rubber banding I'm guessing you're always last to get in so its why you're in another instance.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 4, 2014

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I see a lot of builds for Ranger have me using melee weapons. Are there no decent short/longbow builds out there anymore?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
There's not much reason to use both at the same time especially since Rangers melee weapons are so good.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Even on a good system with a 770, that Post-processing effect kills my FPS. Turning that poo poo off gained me a billion FPS. Any other FPS improvements I can make?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Cacodad posted:

Even on a good system with a 770, that Post-processing effect kills my FPS. Turning that poo poo off gained me a billion FPS. Any other FPS improvements I can make?

Reflections used to tank FPS in certain areas like Lion's Arch. I don't know if they fixed the issue with that, or that it's particularly relevant given the state of LA.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Just picked this game up and rolled a giant gently caress-off Charr warrior on tarnished shore. I'll get my bearings a little bit before I bother anyone to get into a guild, but so far this game looks polished as hell and I look forward to playing.

My in game name is radiatinglines, just like here.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

Just picked this game up and rolled a giant gently caress-off Charr warrior on tarnished shore. I'll get my bearings a little bit before I bother anyone to get into a guild, but so far this game looks polished as hell and I look forward to playing.

My in game name is radiatinglines, just like here.

You should in fact get into a guild immediately, because it grants you bonuses like increased experience, better gathering and more magic find depending on what boosts the guild is running at the time.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goon magical girls assemble!

Sailor Jupiter! Sailor Mars! Sailor Arus!!

Oh, come on, that's not even close to sailor moon cosplay! For example:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's not at all buddy, mail kept flowing in as I read and deleted, I probably had 25 mails waiting. The 10/10 is just a display limit.

What he said.

Erdricks posted:

Oh, come on, that's not even close to sailor moon cosplay! For example:

We're not the actual sailor scouts, we're post-apocalyptic Tyrian magical girls. No copyright infringement here!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 4, 2014

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What he said.

We're not the actual sailor scouts, we're post-apocalyptic Tyrian magical girls. No copyright infringement here!!!

You mean pre-apocalyptic. Arus hasn't cheated on you with a bucket of poutine yet, so there still is time.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I'm not really the MMO type but I enjoyed my time with the free trial last year. So I just caved a few minutes ago and bought this.

What have I done? :doh:

:flashfap:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
When I played, Necros were poo poo. Are they still poo poo? Tia

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cacodad posted:

Necros are still pretty tanky and if you build them right you can wreck face with Death Shroud's auto-attack. Petting Zoo necro is the flavor of the month build, and it's pretty easy to pick up. Condition necro is still pretty good.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

spider wisdom posted:

I'm not really the MMO type but I enjoyed my time with the free trial last year. So I just caved a few minutes ago and bought this.

What have I done? :doh:

:flashfap:

Don't worry dude, this game is the most lax and casual MMO I've ever seen. And it's really good too, so that's a plus.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I haven't played this game in nearly 2 years, is all Asuran clothing/armor still adrogynously unisex? I was sad that I couldn't make my Asura a pretty princess before :(

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Volt Catfish posted:

So I haven't played this game in nearly 2 years, is all Asuran clothing/armor still adrogynously unisex? I was sad that I couldn't make my Asura a pretty princess before :(
Of course you can be a pretty asuran princess.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Volt Catfish posted:

Hello! It sounds like you are looking for korean MMO "TERA" which is that way -> -> -> http://tera.enmasse.com/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jackard posted:

Hello! It sounds like you are looking for korean MMO "TERA" which is that way -> -> -> http://tera.enmasse.com/

No, actually I'm not. I guess I'll make a human instead because male clothing is boring :shrug:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
If you can't make a charr or asura woman a pretty princess, you're not trying hard enough. :colbert: The new wardrobe feature plus account-bound dyes makes it easier, too. It's a snap to preview a potential look for your characters.

There are a few outfits that have variations for men and women of all species, though; maybe that's what you need? Most of them are seasonally limited, however.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 4, 2014

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Cacodad posted:

Necros got a ton of buffs awhile back, they're not even close to a poo poo class now.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I took a picture of my level 17 Ranger. Tried to match the colors of my weapon as close as I could.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

dromer posted:

Necros are still pretty tanky and if you build them right you can wreck face with Death Shroud's auto-attack. Petting Zoo necro is the flavor of the month build, and it's pretty easy to pick up. Condition necro is still pretty good.

Please link the Zoo build? I'm looking for a real "Absolutely zero effort steamroll content" kind of thing.

Edit: Gonna try this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_wPGF_UHNY

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 4, 2014

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

so whats the current meta setup for necros for dungeons?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Another thing that was the case when I last played 1.5 years ago, Engineers had all their tools nerfed to hell so you could no longer feel like a badass throwing grenades/roasting dudes with flamethrowers because they did barely any damage.

Have they since been rebuffed?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Bret Hart posted:

so whats the current meta setup for necros for dungeons?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQRBIhdG2IHNV32SjtNc4moWoguODgZI2TYForNA-TRBBABYt/o8DgnAQAnEgKV/5MlgAA-e

Stack vuln and use DS to DPS while in Axe with Dagger as a backup.

Edit: The utilities, aside from Well of Suffering, are pretty much optional.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 4, 2014

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

FT is still p bad but engis did get some love.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Volt Catfish posted:

Another thing that was the case when I last played 1.5 years ago, Engineers had all their tools nerfed to hell so you could no longer feel like a badass throwing grenades/roasting dudes with flamethrowers because they did barely any damage.

Have they since been rebuffed?
Flamethrower's still garbage but grenades are great for everything. The feature patch also made turrets a lot better.

There have been a lot of minor balance tweaks to all classes since launch and all of them are great and fun to play now in all game modes. The only real glaring issue at the moment is still conditions in dungeons.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Sent in a ticket over a week ago and have yet to hear back about it. #Anetsupport

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

And both times I had to submit support tickets I heard back within the same day. Sucks to be you I guess?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

You could follow their stickied instructions that say to post if a ticket takes more than 3 days. Or you can remain ignorant of those and keep waiting.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
You are recommending I actually go to the game forums? I swore that off after wow.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cool, keep waiting then.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Cacodad posted:

I've been primarily playing necro these days, and while they're great in PvP/WvW and perfectly fine in world PvE, they are undoubtedly the most lackluster dungeon class. What you bring to the table is acceptable sustained single target damage, okay AoE for about 6 seconds at which point it drops down to near zero until your well utilities/death shroud skills recharge, and...that's kind of it. No sweet party buff stacking, no awesome poo poo like reflect spam, no significant burst damage, or anything of the sort. Situationally, you can slot in 5 second blind or stability fields on unbelievably large cooldowns, which are dwarfed by similar skills from other classes to an almost comical level. Do I want a thief who can permablind everything while putting out a ton of AoE damage at the same time, or a necro who can blind for 5 seconds and then do single target damage that's comparable to what the thief is doing to 3 enemies? A thief who's also has a ton of other useful tricks and does much better than the necro against bosses when weaponswapping to D/D.

It's better than it was before and you aren't completely useless, but I feel much more effective on literally every other class, even the previously loathed ranger and engineer which are actually great in dungeons now. Really, all the classes are except necro. The unique things that you can do as one just do not come into play in PvE. Nobody gives a poo poo about corrupting a mob's boons or having a wall of minions or epidemic or whatever.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 5, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

ShadowMoo posted:

You are recommending I actually go to the game forums? I swore that off after wow.

Did you submit a ticket or a bug report? If you did it in-game it's a bug report and they don't acknowledge those. You need to do it through the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thanks to Lord Commander Priest Father Mobius, Goshawk and Arus finally tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in DR's 1% area.

May all goons recognize this man/bird union.

• Locked thread