Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I think just about every Extreme Rules event so far has featured a strap match. Can't say I'm missing that stip this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Anyone know why wwe tends to book shows at Izod instead of Prudential Center? Just wondering.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think just about every Extreme Rules event so far has featured a strap match. Can't say I'm missing that stip this year.

Only the first two did. This is the sixth.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Sprecherscrow posted:

Only the first two did. This is the sixth.
They had one last year

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

hoping this spot gets repeated tonight

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Fiveace Attorney posted:

They had one last year

What d'you know? This means that after today they will be 50/50 on strap matches at extreme rules.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
More simulated finishes:

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Daniel Bryan posted:

More simulated finishes:

Bray, you big drat dope. :(

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

More simulated finishes:

these 2 are highly accurate

of course Cena would AA him then just climb the cage anyway

of course Cesaro is going to swiss death swagger for the pin

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well I won't be watching this after all because my brother, his son and his girlfriend have come over to spend the night and they're sleeping in the rooms with the computer & television, gently caress.

Why are iPads so poo poo at streaming flash?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
In how many hours does the pre-show start? I am terrible with time zones.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Frankston posted:

Well I won't be watching this after all because my brother, his son and his girlfriend have come over to spend the night and they're sleeping in the rooms with the computer & television, gently caress.

Can you not get the WWE App? That's how I watch the Network on my iPad.

Another Person posted:

In how many hours does the pre-show start? I am terrible with time zones.

2 hours from now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Can you not get the WWE App? That's how I watch the Network on my iPad.

I'm in the UK and I can't be bothered messing around to set up an American account, plus I really can't afford it right now. I might be able to use an old laptop however...

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Frankston posted:

iOS has never supported flash.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Alright. I watched a little then-WWF when I was a wee, wee kid; seeing Hulk Hogan in his prime on TV are some early memories when I was about, oh, 4-5 years old. And then nothing. But, as some people have brought up VGCW... yeah, I started watching that, became a rabid fan, and then work schedule dictated I'd never see another live event so I grudgingly let that go. But by then it was already too late. Grantland's stuff on 'real' wrestling was written at just the right pitch for people like me who knew nearly nothing, and slowly but steadily I got drawn in, started sniffing around cagesideseats and this forum... come Wrestlemania, I was refreshing the live thread just to see reactions. And then the next day, the first for real wrestling thing I watched on TV in twenty years was the post-Wrestlemania Raw.

I gather from the reactions I picked the perfect time to reenter.

Anyway, long story short, I just bought a 6 month subscription to the Network and tonight will be my first PPV/Special Event. I am still new and dewy-eyed so even a mediocre card will probably still register as Awesome for me, and what the heck, I've spent 60$ on stupider things. Let's hope this is fun!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mukaikubo posted:

Anyway, long story short, I just bought a 6 month subscription to the Network and tonight will be my first PPV/Special Event. I am still new and dewy-eyed so even a mediocre card will probably still register as Awesome for me, and what the heck, I've spent 60$ on stupider things. Let's hope this is fun!

You should definitely watch Wrestlemania XXX when you get the chance, that was an excellent card and by far the best Mania I've seen since I returned to watching wrestling in 2010.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I feel it's a real missed opportunity that there isn't a belt or something hanging in the WeeLC match, it could set up a couple easy spots where the belt is hanging at an easily reachable height and the regular wrestlers run face first into it before eventually a tiny stepladder is used to climb up and grab it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fentry posted:

I feel it's a real missed opportunity that there isn't a belt or something hanging in the WeeLC match, it could set up a couple easy spots where the belt is hanging at an easily reachable height and the regular wrestlers run face first into it before eventually a tiny stepladder is used to climb up and grab it
Hornswaggle brings back his crusierweight belt and puts it on the line

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

achillesforever6 posted:

It is a goddamned shame that they're not doing this. They have it somewhere! They could've done it! That would've been loving amazing!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mukaikubo posted:

Alright. I watched a little then-WWF when I was a wee, wee kid; seeing Hulk Hogan in his prime on TV are some early memories when I was about, oh, 4-5 years old. And then nothing. But, as some people have brought up VGCW... yeah, I started watching that, became a rabid fan, and then work schedule dictated I'd never see another live event so I grudgingly let that go. But by then it was already too late. Grantland's stuff on 'real' wrestling was written at just the right pitch for people like me who knew nearly nothing, and slowly but steadily I got drawn in, started sniffing around cagesideseats and this forum... come Wrestlemania, I was refreshing the live thread just to see reactions. And then the next day, the first for real wrestling thing I watched on TV in twenty years was the post-Wrestlemania Raw.

I gather from the reactions I picked the perfect time to reenter.

As said WM30 is a great thing to watch, aside from being a great mania in general it did set up a few of the stories here, worth a watch later when you have a few hours to kill. The Network is a great buy, for the price of one PPV you get them all, there's bound to be at least one PPV you enjoy this year, plus you have the backlog, the worst case is you feel a little 'meh won't do it again next half year'.

This card is actually pretty solid too, there are some things that us jaded types are disappointed in (the expected result of the Cena match and Big E ones mainly) but most of the matches on the card have good performers in them so hopefully even if we go 'man gently caress Cena' at the end it should at least be a good show.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

achillesforever6 posted:

I know it's an innocuous typo but now I want to see a Hornswoggle and Swagger tag-team.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Thauros posted:

You should definitely watch Wrestlemania XXX when you get the chance, that was an excellent card and by far the best Mania I've seen since I returned to watching wrestling in 2010.

Yeah, I was while typing up that post, and just finished. Pretty hyped now.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Extreme Rules 2013 is on right now, and I had totally forgotten about The Shield/Team Hell No. Pretty cool how far all of the guys involved have come in the past year (save for Kane).

Edit: lmao I forgot about this Cena/Ryback feud

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 4, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I'm watching the 2013 ER right now, and despite what someone else said earlier in the thread, this seems alright so far. The Orton match was good, for starters. I took a break for a few years and I didn't watch much before Christmas, but something is making me wonder. Orton was getting cheers. Was he face for last ER?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: lmao I forgot about this Cena/Ryback feud

Is their Extreme Rules match the one with the ambulance match where Cena puts him through the roof, or the last man standing match that ends with no finish?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Meat Recital posted:

Is their Extreme Rules match the one with the ambulance match where Cena puts him through the roof, or the last man standing match that ends with no finish?

the latter

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I guess the ambulance thing was more recent, but seeing the LED wall at the wrestler entrance totally kickstarted my memory to the non ending of this match.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Meat Recital posted:

No finish, the ambulance thing at least looked cool, ER just ended with a wet fart.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I don't have work tomorrow and was going to totally pay for this PPV (too lazy to get a network account through proxy) but then I watched the WeeLC contract signing and I'm wavering, can anyone talk me into it?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
The WeeLC is just Pre-Show material. There is going to be a Shield/Evolution match. Why would you make yourself miss that? Dean Ambrose is going to be so greasy and crazy looking, and should be hype following his defense on Friday. He will be a fun watch.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Psybro posted:

I don't have work tomorrow and was going to totally pay for this PPV (too lazy to get a network account through proxy) but then I watched the WeeLC contract signing and I'm wavering, can anyone talk me into it?

Extreme Rules is usually a pretty fun show (2013 being an exception). Shield/Evolution will probably own, Bryan will probably wrangle an okay/fun match out of Kane, and Cesaro is probably gonna do some cool stuff.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Meh, if you don't have the Network I can't really sell you on buying it on PPV. I'm hoping that Shield/Evolution and Cena/Wyatt will be good, but I don't have particularly high hopes for either match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Aren't the ones that look weak on paper usually the ones that turn out alright and vice versa

also I think I just used the phrase vice versa for the first time and now I'm old
I think a lot of this has to do with how much everyone builds up a card in their mind, and Extreme Rules usually has a couple sleeper matches where the gimmick makes it more fun than it would otherwise be. We'll see though!

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Professor Funk posted:

Extreme Rules is usually a pretty fun show (2013 being an exception). Shield/Evolution will probably own, Bryan will probably wrangle an okay/fun match out of Kane, and Cesaro is probably gonna do some cool stuff.
what went wrong with ER 2013? I tuned in during the ADR I quit match and that was garbage but every match since has been fine. Certainly better than NoC, Battlground, and HiaC so far.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The only downside about the network being such a good value for people that watch every PPV is that there will be less hilarious rage when there is a bad one

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheEggsBenedict posted:

what went wrong with ER 2013? I tuned in during the ADR I quit match and that was garbage but every match since has been fine. Certainly better than NoC, Battlground, and HiaC so far.

Well the match that's on now is pretty awful (Cena/Ryback). I don't think it's terrible so much as aggressively mediocre, which is almost worse.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Brock/Triple H, also the Double Dare-esque Henry/Sheamus strap match.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Shield/Evolution will probably own

It will have to be good because it will have HHH getting heat on Rollins/Ambrose for 30 minutes non-stop in it.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, I take back what I said. This RyCena match is making me consider switching off until the PPV PreShow begins. How long does this match last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Saint Jimmy posted:

Anyone know why wwe tends to book shows at Izod instead of Prudential Center? Just wondering.

I'm gonna guess it's cheaper.

• Locked thread