Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Derek Barona posted:

Now I expect the tsunamis to start showing up in droves solely to try and kill Ray.

To be fair if the tsunami was caused by an underwater earthquake you do actually typically get secondary tsunamis to correlate with aftershocks or secondary collapses.

However those tsunamis are typically much smaller and weaker than the primary one so yeah this is absurd. Literally the only thing they got right is that tsunamis are caused by earthquakes and you typically get more than one. Everything else is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just caught up with this thread. I noticed something unusual said during part 4 partway through fighting more faceless mooks where one calls out "Cover me!" and his squadmate replies "Copy that. I'll take cover."

Uhh, I don't think it works that way.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Onean posted:

Just caught up with this thread. I noticed something unusual said during part 4 partway through fighting more faceless mooks where one calls out "Cover me!" and his squadmate replies "Copy that. I'll take cover."

Uhh, I don't think it works that way.

Are you questioning the tactical acumen of the special forces veterans in SURGE? These guys have been fighting wars since before you were born, cupcake! I think they might know a little more about combat maneuvering than you do, buddy!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Niggurath posted:

It was apparently called the Monster 'BFC'....why would anyone ever need this?

When I was in the Navy I knew an ordinanceman who would drink one of those when he got to work and then another pint can of Monster at lunch. How his heart didn't explode, I will never know. That's a seriously dangerous amount of caffeine/ chemicals/ sugar.

Pompitous
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cowboy
The way the game has gone so far, I have to assume that SURGE stands for Steve Ultimately Requested Geothermic Euthanasia.

Sir_Faolan_Hound
Aug 19, 2010
I've finally caught up with the LP and oh god this is the greatest thing in existence, no other LP aside from the Metal Gear Rising LP has made me laugh so hard I nearly threw up.

This is the best LP with the best commentators :allears:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

It'll be a wet, cold day in hell before flood/tsunami/earthquake/life partner death will get to Ray....but how will he fare against the natural disaster that is Gregory?! Shake the magic eight ball! And all signs will point to...murder!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Gregory is now my least favorite villain because he said samnarmy the "right" way.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I guess in the Disaster universe Rogue Waves really are rogue, roaming flooded cities looking for their natural prey; helicopters.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I'm gonna miss that guy

He had the guts to go totally crazy and enjoyed it

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I dunno guys, the Pacific Ocean can be pretty cold (ps I am a baby)

dismas fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 3, 2014

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
If this is the Pacific Ocean up in the Washington and Oregon coast, then yes, the water is very, very cold.

But it isn't, so it's wherever WhyWouldYouEverLiveHere, USA is. Where all potential disasters are going to happen, possibly all at once.

Still waiting for that coastal hurricane followed by a midwestern tornado, and possibly meteorites striking the city. Simultaneously. :allears:

Also, that man is the worst goddamn pilot, I mean really. JUST FLY UP.

He must have been part of the special part of the Special Forces :downs:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

I'm gonna miss that guy

He had the guts to go totally crazy and enjoyed it
I'm glad you made this gif to show off Gregory's favorite and prized weapon that Ray is able to unlock after shooting 10 grenades out of the air during the boss fight (which I think I mentioned):

Yeah.....that doesn't look like what he was using at all. At least it must do something cool, what with a name like 'Deep Impact'. I mean, what do you guys think it does?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Does it drop a large meteor in the ocean and cause a sue-nah-mee?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Fires gigantic rubber fists into the solarplexus or slightly lower.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It had better use the power of Morgan Freeman to instill in enemies a sense of calm.

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!
I think it shoots bullets.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Mutamu posted:

I think it shoots bullets.
Deep impact bullets.

Each one with the tiny face of Morgan Freeman turning more and more angry at the consequences.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Niggurath posted:

I'm glad you made this gif to show off Gregory's favorite and prized weapon that Ray is able to unlock after shooting 10 grenades out of the air during the boss fight (which I think I mentioned):

Yeah.....that doesn't look like what he was using at all. At least it must do something cool, what with a name like 'Deep Impact'. I mean, what do you guys think it does?

I think it rapid-fires Robert Duvall.

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014
I'll be very disappointed if it's anything other than miniature helicopters that come out of that gun.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Demonbait posted:

I'll be very disappointed if it's anything other than miniature helicopters that come out of that gun.
Then prepare to be disappointed:

Yup, it's a completely different model, the name means no sense, it's annoying to unlock, and in the end it's not that good of a gun. Thankfully the other boss weapons are marginally better than this one....marginally.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Niggurath posted:

Then prepare to be disappointed:

Yup, it's a completely different model, the name means no sense, it's annoying to unlock, and in the end it's not that good of a gun. Thankfully the other boss weapons are marginally better than this one....marginally.
Somehow, I knew it would end in disappointment. :smith:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Niggurath posted:

Then prepare to be disappointed
In a game as silly as this, you'd expect a gun named like that would shoot sue-nah-mes :smith:

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

A man can still dream of his gun that shoots helicopters.

(Feel free to come uninstall Paint from my computer, it'd probably be for the best.)

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Demonbait posted:

(Feel free to come uninstall Paint from my computer, it'd probably be for the best.)

No, I think this arrangement is fine as is. Carry on.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Tin Tim posted:

In a game as silly as this, you'd expect a gun named like that would shoot sue-nah-mes :smith:
Nah, you need to play the Metal Gear Solid games to get those guns.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Demonbait posted:

I always love fanart and I always appreciate when I get it. So please keep doing it if anyone feels like it.

Also the next update will probably be Wednesday or maybe sooner depending on how the mood strikes me. I know you all want to know what happens to Ray after he is creamed by a cable car and drowned.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I know it's been awhile since we've seen it, but I just came across this article and frankly, I couldn't think of a more deserving place to share it.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/fire-tornadoes-one-more-way-earth-trying-kill-you

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's just another relaxing day in the park; hanging out with the mayor and some lovely people that we saved from imminent danger. Now they just have to worry about the forthcoming danger....but you'll have to watch the episode to find out where that's coming from. And no, it's not coming from Ray shooting them.

(also I did gently caress up a bit and this episode won't be coming in the normal blistering HD quality; hopefully that won't be an issue)

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 7, 2014

Kangra
May 7, 2012

For once they at least acknowledge that other people might want crackers. This was a good section, even if Ray never cleaned off Anna's teddy bear.

I couldn't tell if you were timing your questions about the nuclear warhead, since the video answered it almost right in synch.

Free tip for the thread: Don't do a search on 'Caterpillar Man' (I was hoping for an alternate version of "Watermelon Man".)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

My memory flaked out! I meant to say I was Gregory, not Gary! Oh no.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
When Ray says "another casualty of my incompetence" I hope he's including all the people he's murdered up to this point.

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

Suspicious Cook posted:

When Ray says "another casualty of my incompetence" I hope he's including all the people he's murdered up to this point.

To me that would kind of imply that he's accidentally shooting all these men in the face, which would be kind of great.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013
As a trainee Ray frequently confused his portable hose with a machine gun.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

What even is this game did I dream it

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Panzer Skank posted:

What even is this game did I dream it

Proof that the dog is a better hero than Ray.

Unless the dog is also hungry. That's a lot of blood, so that lady might be dead.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Panzer's cries of horror upon learning that Geop is responsible for naming human children made me giggle uncontrollably. Imagine what the future generations will be calling each other...

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The pun generation?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I really enjoy this LP and seeing the game but I'm a bit disappointed that you'd decided not use some of the game's amazing hints in the title, especially "If your LIFE is empty, you die" (I think) which is profound on many levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

Proof that the dog is a better hero than Ray.

Unless the dog is also hungry. That's a lot of blood, so that lady might be dead.
Nah, that dog is clearly a hero like Ray is clearly a hero. Also I was trying to get Panzer to have the dog be a corgi like her fat loaf of a dog but apparently her dog is never that helpful (unless helping involves farting or bringing over horribly mangled rawhides).

Szurumbur posted:

I really enjoy this LP and seeing the game but I'm a bit disappointed that you'd decided not use some of the game's amazing hints in the title, especially "If your LIFE is empty, you die" (I think) which is profound on many levels.
I sadly had a lot of trouble thinking of a good title for the thread and I went the safest route I could think of. Homosexual innuendo and disasters.

• Locked thread