Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
What Dickie giveth, Dickie may taketh away.

So much drama in this run through. For every foe Larry bests, two more rise to take his place! Everyone want's a piece of ScotBird, and they're trying to cut it out of his midsection with shards of broken glass. But our Lazzah is more than a man. He's more than a woman. He is... RADICAL!! I can't wait to see how you turn this around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I think Liam may have put a bounty on Larry's head. His violent and destructive ways are finally catching up to our hero.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was paralysed. He did not have a recovery date. You paid ten grand to halve the recovery time of never.

I assume that weekly expenses is based on some function of the amount of money you have in the bank? Apparently wrestlers are incapable of budgeting for the future.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Looks to me like lifestyle costs are a simple 5% of your total bank?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I like how the booker is standing behind you when the doctor talks about surgery, and yet still thinks you're just being a lazy git.

Covski posted:

Looks to me like lifestyle costs are a simple 5% of your total bank?
Yeah, I think that was what we concluded in the last Mpire thread.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that makes sense. There must be something in there to stop it going to $5 if you're basically broke though? Right?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

goatface posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. There must be something in there to stop it going to $5 if you're basically broke though? Right?

Hahahah, good one!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I like that in the chaos of Larry's death, two otherwise great things happened - a Neighbours character started a wrestling career, and a wrestler chastised you for using the weapon "none" in a match. Any other time and those would've been great.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

goatface posted:

Apparently wrestlers are incapable of budgeting for the future.
They generally are, that's why you still see old wrestlers from the 80s performing for tiny crowds at lovely indie shows to make a few bucks.

And if Legends House on the WWE Network has taught me anything, wrestlers are also incapable of using basic household appliances.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OH NO MAN posted:

And if Legends House on the WWE Network has taught me anything, wrestlers are also incapable of using basic household appliances.
This is what happens when you're brought up in a world where every item is used for beating up other people.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Liam Neeson and Coach Emerson are both part of a plot to ruin Larry's career. Larry took Neeson's hand, Emerson taught everything Larry knows. Of course Emerson comes to paralyze Larry after Neeson leaves MLG. He also knew Larry would have the Inter title stripped from him for his inability to defend the title. Of course Ghetto Child is there to gloat as Larry musters the effort to stay alive (Ghetto Child still gets his poo poo kicked in not only by Larry and his partner Gordon Chan, but his own tag partner as well). And this all happens right after Larry signs a contract that was originally planned to be a single payoff with zero salary. It was only Larry's negotiating that got him a salary at all. In the books, it would've looked like fair compensation for an 18-week contract.

The MDickie wrestling universe is conspiring against Radical Larry, this run has been full of grudges, feuds, and intrigue, and I goddamn love it.

edit: A new sign to mark this turn in Larry's history.

tlarn fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 2, 2014

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Hugh Jackman channeling Larry with his mic throwing skills last Monday on RAW.

Boy howdy I sure do love me some pure unadulterated shilling.

In any case rip Larry. Your spine will live forever in our hearts. :911:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Episode 11 had me laughing so hard, I worked at a Little Chef for a few months and I lifted so many of those loving lollies.

bartok
May 10, 2006

When there is no more room on the roster in Hell the dead shall wrestle on Earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UaY4idyLww

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Man, this game is a lot harder than you make it look. I've won absolutely 0 matches so far despite trying my best to toss people outside the ring and use all the cheap tricks.

Doesn't help that my third match was a 12-people free-for-all. Iron Mic, your quest for fame got cut short :saddowns:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, Larry can't get any worse, right?
Can he train with no health?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
can you still go in the roster editor and set all of his stats back up to 80 or whatever?

Guess it wouldn't help with the health issue.. hard to win anything when any pin or submission will probably work against you..

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Also since you were wondering, the game will never give you a shot at the world championship while you still have the intercontinental title, if you want to be world champion you have to deliberately lose the inter title. That's why when you wrestled the world champion before it didn't say the title was on the line.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqgGO-k0YHI

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Oh my god that theme song :magical:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there another wrestler out there that's going to have Larry's face?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OH NO MAN posted:

Oh my god that theme song :magical:
I must admit, I have trouble hearing the lyrics clearly. Something about Liam Neeson?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
In a shocking turn of events, Larrytron now has a mic for a willy.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Congrats, Simo, you made it onto the official mdickie mods list http://www.mdickie.com/mods.htm

I'm guessing he didn't see your videos where you raged against him or he'd probably expunge your chair texture and your tiny-fonted name from the credits. Seriously, what a knob, putting your name in size 6 font because he wants to make sure people know you aren't as important as the Dickster.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'm surprised MDickie even has a mod section on his site. I figured he'd be like "Feh, these guys think they can make my game better somehow? What a bunch of losers. I'm Mat Dickie, dammit :smug:"

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I think it's an inner struggle between that and "Mods mean I'm a real game maker!". I notice he describes simo's mod as "staying true to the cartoony visuals whilst still managing to steer things in a refreshingly different direction." as opposed to "makes the game not look like a blind person with no hands made the textures"

vvv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRf800DiOrc

http://www.amazon.com/A-fear-ism-The-Ignorance-Of-Atheism/dp/1449978347

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 3, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

If I tried to make a 3D wrestling game, or any game really, it would come out looking much worse than Wrestling Mpire, or even his earlier stuff. I think MD has turned into a solidly mediocre indie developer, which is not bad for a one man amateur shop. I haven't seen how he interacts with his fanbase and with the internet in general, so maybe he's a giant rear end in a top hat on top of it all?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's pretty good at what he does. Simo frequently points out that his item interaction and emergent story stuff is better than a lot of what ends up in the official games.

edit - Think of Dwarf Fortress, another single man project (with significant issues) that still manages to do things which "real" developers would baulk at.

edit 2: I mean, what real developer would include a gun in their wrestling game that you can actually shoot people with?

goatface fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 4, 2014

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
e: Doublepost, sorry.

Sharp_angus fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 4, 2014

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Sharp_angus posted:

A missed opportunity for a MIDI version of this as LarryTron's.. er... 'Tron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWs3DVk-FU

Though it might be too on the nose, now that I think of it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Man, the MDickieverse hates Larry so much, it's even got it out for his half-machine reincarnation! Will they stop at nothing to tear this hero of the people down?!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I made the mpire mall in 2004 and kept making mods til about early 2006, the forum and other members kept it alive to this day. I'm not a fan of the forum-style mod site, I tried to make a traditional modsite but my free time and attention simply cannot sustain a site like that, and quite simply the interest isn't there.

Mdickie used to / still does hate mod sites, as the mpire mall forums used to hate dickie too for some reason, u never had a problem with him [funnyness asside] . It's a work when I say dickie stole my textures as he did come to me and ask. I wish he would work with me so the new game could have that crispness that [imo] it lacks.

He's tried to get it on steam [remix] but I think gaben probably looked at it and said yuck.

No idea why but I just like making clean cut style textures and they fit nicely into dickies games. I will be remaking all of the Feds and textures when the new 3d game comes out . Looking forward to re-designing the promotion logos and ring aprons. It's all about that attention to detail brudda.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
The Dickster's obsession with being a one-man development team is really hurting him if he's turning down the opportunity to have you make his new game look clean at release. Maybe he doesn't want to have to risk sharing that sweet sweet app money with you. No chicken balls for simo tonight.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Hell, Mpire would be vastly improved with just some additional dialogue and storylines. Mix the promos and trash talking a bit and have rivalries and other relationships and previous matches get mentioned now and again.

Ex: "I'm going to crush you like I crushed Ghetto Child last Monday!" It's one of the strengths of the game already and a dedicated writer or at least some outsourcing could work wonders.

E: a love triangle subplot with a grand "win their heart in the ring" match between the two rival suitors would be neat.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did you ever work out why Larry keeps being called a woman?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

goatface posted:

Did you ever work out why Larry keeps being called a woman?

Nope! There's no reason what so ever.

Also there was a marriage storyline in the first Wrestling mpire (2004). And it wasn't with women....

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
It probably doesn't help the one-man-development situation when MDickie is aware that people do like the way his games "work", so I guess he figures adding someone is a potential for changing the games?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: a love triangle subplot with a grand "win their heart in the ring" match between the two rival suitors would be neat.

simosimo posted:

Also there was a marriage storyline in the first Wrestling mpire (2004). And it wasn't with women....
I like the idea of Larry ending up in a match vs. Miss Viola to win the heart of Liam Neeson.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I like the idea of Larry ending up in a match vs. Miss Viola to win the heart of Liam Neeson.

By "win the heart" you mean Larry rips it straight out of his ribcage, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Somehow, I think when the booker's being sarcastic when he refers to your wrestler as a 'woman' in the weight loss challenge.

• Locked thread