Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Line was 24.5 which was a steal. Had that in $250.

Couldn't touch the HT NZ / FT Australia but paying 11-14 there would be some happy people out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
That Fijian lady choir loving nailed that anthem, was by far the best anthem I've ever heard for a league game.

edit: Fiji are using their haka slot to sing another song :(

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 3, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

That Fijian lady choir loving nailed that anthem, was by far the best anthem I've ever heard for a league game.

edit: Fiji are using their haka slot to sing another song :(

This game has been pretty entertaining. That hit by Corbin was magic, but that last try by Samoa was pretty nice too.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
This will be an interesting decision - I predict cop out report option

edit: yep

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

This will be an interesting decision - I predict cop out report option

edit: yep

If the nrl was serious that would be 10 in the bin. Shits me its never used.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rugby league needs more fat guys slapping their tatooed bellies.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

MiniSune posted:

Rugby league needs more fat guys slapping their tatooed bellies.

Rather than their wives or girlfriends.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Who does the Country fullback David Mead play for? Holy poo poo he's having a good game

e: he could play for the dogs and I wouldn't know at this point, following league is difficult lately

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Titans and yeah he is pretty drat fast.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

Titans and yeah he is pretty drat fast.

He's got two tries in the city/country, several trysavers including a huge one on a linebreak in the 79th minute, just wow what a performance

e: loving hell Idris as man of the match is some bullshit. Mead was king of the backs

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 4, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Idris was pretty good though

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I don't know if anyone here listens to the Continuous Call Team, but I'm catching up via the podcast they provide of the complete show and by god the shows for Round 7 (Apr 19 & 20) were loving incredible. At one point they were crossing for live score updates from the Melbourne/Canberra game and then throwing back to Blocker to give score updates of the same game from the delayed TV broadcast and holy gently caress it was funny

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

I'm surprised this thread isn't blowing up about the Konrad Hurrell sextape: http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/konrad-hurrell-under-investigation-by-nrl-over-social-media-sex-tape-20140505-zr50m.html

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

If he didn't leak it then it's a non-issue and it doesn't seem as though the woman involved wants any drama (ironic since she stars in a poo poo soap opera). More tabloid 'scandal' over nothing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

If he didn't leak it then it's a non-issue and it doesn't seem as though the woman involved wants any drama (ironic since she stars in a poo poo soap opera). More tabloid 'scandal' over nothing.
he took a snapchat video of some girl giving him head while he was driving and sent it to people

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

he took a snapchat video of some girl giving him head while he was driving and sent it to people

At least it wasn't a dog.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

she's actually very attractive, and a bit older.
good for both of them

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

ili posted:

At least it wasn't a dog.

New thread title please.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It's also the Women in League round.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

New thread title please.

I'll email a mod when I get off this airport train and get some sleep.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anyone other than the media really cares about this

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Women can enjoy having consensual sex :monocle:

It is a nothing story excepting the possibility that Hurrell put the video out there in which case it is a pathetically minor story.

edit: probably doesn't bode well for the Warriors/rugby league holding onto Hurrell as it seems like the rugby union are much better at sweeping media-bait like this poo poo under the rug.

edit 2: "Blakely said the selfie video was filmed "about two months ago.
"Koni filmed it as a joke, but neither of us knows who uploaded it.
"But I accept what I do in my life, and neither of us are bothered about it. It was a tape between two people who have a lot of fun together. It's not like I'm Kim Kardashian," she said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...l#ixzz30popc5RT"

What exactly is the NRL even 'investigating'? It's none of their damned business and all they've done is put this out in the public eye.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 5, 2014

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

It is a nothing story excepting the possibility that Hurrell put the video out there in which case it is a pathetically minor story.

This is all it is, I'm just getting a good laugh out of it. There shouldn't be a suspension or fine, at most maybe some sort of token sensitivity training.

In a story which should matter more, Mitchell Moses copped a two week ban for calling Luke Bateman a "loving gay oval office" during the U20s Origin match.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I went to primary school with Mitchell Moses

This is my claim to fame

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hurrell starting & Matulino back for the Warriors, I know teams rarely get thumped twice in a row in the NRL but I have a feeling Ricky might have another tantrum in his near future.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Hurrell starting & Matulino back for the Warriors, I know teams rarely get thumped twice in a row in the NRL but I have a feeling Ricky might have another tantrum in his near future.

Conversely, we'll always be the Warriors.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Jono C posted:

More like the League In Women round.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Title fixed to be appropriate for our most recent scandallearning opportunity.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Everyone reporting Ryan Hoffman coming across the Tasman next year.

No doubt we had to pay overs to get him here.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Because what we needed was more second rowers and more Storm castoffs.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As long as someone who isn't us takes him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hoffman is an alright player, sensible, solid, reliable

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Good player, runs excellent lines especially in the red zone. I'm happy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

Hoffman is an alright player, sensible, solid, reliable

So was Adam Blair.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

So was Adam Blair.
Tigers ruined him

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

So was Adam Blair.

Nope, rewind the thread and you'll see us unanimously bashing that signing and numerous posts from me during his time at the Storm about how poo poo and overrated he is.

To be fair he's having a reasonable season (not a $500k season mind you but reasonable).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm fairly certain that there's just some sort of curse on any player from Melbourne that seemed OK who moves to another team on big money.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Widdop seems to be doing alright

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Melbourne are bastards, but they get a lot out of their players through their max bastard death machine training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

One glare from bellyache is enough to turn a lazy slob into a trim and fearless tackling machine.

• Locked thread