Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Pat Barry gets knocked the gently caress out transcends sports and nationalities. The true unifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
We still have Thug Rose.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I keep getting knocked out in MMA, I should go back to kickboxing - A Moron

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i liked the part where he threw a bunch of dumb stuff straight at the other guy's guard, jumped around, gassed immediately, and got knocked out

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I like Pat Barry but he needs to understand that MMA heavyweights are way worse than kickboxing heavyweights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Now Back In Its Original Can

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Look at that thousand yard stare when he hugged Mwekasa, he knows he brought shame on Thug Rose and Sagat

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Unforgivable Fatness

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bones status: crushed

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Got him with the same knee-cross combo he got Edwards with.

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010
Nice work Bonecrusher!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
disappointed that the fat man tournament trophy isn't shaped like mark hunt

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Were they playing the imperial march

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Unforgivable Fatness

I'm just going to skip the welterweight fight and reflect on the fatness.

It was funny how the first guy to get his bones crushed said the guy who crushed his bones didn't like to train and then they were both equally flabby.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Errol is too fast and too powerful for the lower level heavies and does this over and over again without training, but if neither Ghita or Verhoeven are in the real tournament he might just get through that even with his biggest titties yet

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Karpet Karpetman

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
karapetyan knows what's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4b4eyEwI8

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This fight is ok but this cover of "What Is Love" owns

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010
Busy rear end fight. Cool rear end fight.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
THE Chris Camozzi

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The Judge Peoples - the peoples' judge

anime
Feb 21, 2003
sergei lost because he wasnt fat enough

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Pat Barry lost gently caress this gay earth.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Captain Log posted:

Captain Log posted:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Pat Barry: K-1 level striking, pre-K level chin.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Most people here probably know already but K-1 has a pretty considerable fight library on youtube, and Glory has some stuff up there as well.

K-1's Channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOCxuUfoSTzKvl_Nl67vkuA

And Glory's is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKj5FIgxeihLRLDpVqKp_aA

There's a lot of available there ranging from high end championship level to fun dumb fights if you're looking to get into kickboxing a little bit more. If you can't find it on one of the official channels there's a good chance it could be up on youtube anyway.

If you're looking to check something out Buakaw's 2004 GP run is one of my favourites as online at least he was largely considered the token Thai boxer in the tournament who was smaller and wouldn't adapt well to the kickboxing style of K-1 while everyone was having flame wars over Zambo/JWP/Masato/Kraus. The use of the teep in the final match :allears:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

turntabler posted:

Most people here probably know already but K-1 has a pretty considerable fight library on youtube, and Glory has some stuff up there as well.

K-1's Channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOCxuUfoSTzKvl_Nl67vkuA

And Glory's is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKj5FIgxeihLRLDpVqKp_aA

There's a lot of available there ranging from high end championship level to fun dumb fights if you're looking to get into kickboxing a little bit more. If you can't find it on one of the official channels there's a good chance it could be up on youtube anyway.

If you're looking to check something out Buakaw's 2004 GP run is one of my favourites as online at least he was largely considered the token Thai boxer in the tournament who was smaller and wouldn't adapt well to the kickboxing style of K-1 while everyone was having flame wars over Zambo/JWP/Masato/Kraus. The use of the teep in the final match :allears:

The absolute best part of Buakaw's 2004 GP run was the judges scoring Masato/Buakaw a draw so it would go to an extra round where Masato could maybe make something happen, so Buakaw proceeds to whip Masato even worse and then bend him over through the ropes directly in front of the judges and glare down at them like he was daring them to do it again

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I stopped watching Kickboxing around 2006 and started again a year or so ago, could you recommend some good fights I've missed? I've seen Saki v. Ghita but not much else from that period.

Edit - I was always pretty anti-masato but I had to respect his toughness after that fight, poor guy ended up in hospital with internal bleeding. Thanks judges.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't see the Masato fight on the K-1 channel. Am I just missing it?

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Ditch posted:

I don't see the Masato fight on the K-1 channel. Am I just missing it?

Maybe not, just youtube search it, there's multiple copies up.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpj8d4DQsPA

I, uh... Not sure that you should be uploading your agents' research material, K1.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So the Crocop fight at Glory 17 is going to be on the Spike portion of the card and not headlining the PPV. Apparently it was supposed to be Pat Barry vs Crocop 2 but whelp :pwn:

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Good lord Masato gets trounced for three good rounds so badly that Buakaw almost stopped beating the poor dude at the end of the third.The the extra round happens and he says gently caress it.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lamadrid posted:

Good lord Masato gets trounced for three good rounds so badly that Buakaw almost stopped beating the poor dude at the end of the third.The the extra round happens and he says gently caress it.

The Buakaw-Kohi fight in this tournament is funnier.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So the Crocop fight at Glory 17 is going to be on the Spike portion of the card and not headlining the PPV. Apparently it was supposed to be Pat Barry vs Crocop 2 but whelp :pwn:

might as well do that fight anyway.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I was about to post that, I don't even loving know what to call it, switch turning side kick? reverse tornado kick? it's some serious wcl stuff

What did Roufus call it, a double-touch 360 kick?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

might as well do that fight anyway.

they kind of can't, since he got knocked out and is suspended

however, Sergei wasn't and according to people in Croatia that's the fight now

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
well, not only is that confirmed on the glory website but they have another mma has been surprise up their sleeves, miguel torres in the featherweight tournament

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is that Miguel "Surprise Van" Torres?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the very same, fighting the guy who just beat up Malaipet in Lion Fight