Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'd still ##vote Uradd, letting 3 votes on scum slow roll to being the only viable option when Ixt/Asiina/I were around and preferred his lynch makes me think the scumteam either didn't want that to happen either or was being lazy as poo poo, and him as scum fits both criteria + I still think his question yesterday about the Foo vote seemed tacked on. I'm offput by yuming missing the deadline with the blah 50 vote down, and kinda weirded out by how long it took Asiina to switch to Uradd when it was clear she liked it better than a Foo vote, although I wouldn't want to vote behind that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

People not posting their most and least likely scum teams ITT.

Most likely: Uradd/yuming, least likely 50/Pecota :backtowork:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Taking a look at Pecota..

Power of Pecota posted:

Foo can you give one (1) reason why derp's claim would be harmful to the town/beneficial for scum to make?

Power of Pecota posted:

Think long-term though - would sticking with the claim be a kamikaze mission where at the end scum derp's like "Haha you chain lynched two town off my dumb claim, laters"? I don't buy him going for that out of the gate D1. Would he give an actual town + scum pair and try to ride the claim out, which would put a 50/50 target on the back of a scum in a 12-person game? I don't see a viable long-term scum strategy off of faking that. Do you?

Knowing now that Foo was scum, I look back at this discussion between Pecota and Foo and it looks to me like Pecota, realizing that people think Foo is scum based on what he said about Derp, is trying to help his scumbuddy justify it in-thread to move suspicion elsewhere.

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Uradd on reread, this post bugs me, it looks like asking a question for the sake of asking a question. Even if they don't agree with it, did anyone besides Uradd not infer what the logic behind the Poque/50 votes on Foo was?

This feels like a made-up reason to vote for someone other than Foo.

Power of Pecota posted:

Ixt/Asiina, we've got 23 minutes until deadline and you can put Uradd into a tie for the vote lead with Foo if you switch. Why not do it?

Going on what I see above, this feels more like it's about saving Foo than thinking Uradd is scum.

For now I'm good with ##vote Power of Pecota.

Ixtlilton posted:

PoP and Asiina.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Knowing now that Foo was scum, I look back at this discussion between Pecota and Foo and it looks to me like Pecota, realizing that people think Foo is scum based on what he said about Derp, is trying to help his scumbuddy justify it in-thread to move suspicion elsewhere.

I was trying to figure out Foo's rationale behind the vote, and he literally never responded to my follow-up. You're framing me trying to get him to justify his vote as me pulling pressure off of him, which is complete horseshit.

Murmur Twin posted:

This feels like a made-up reason to vote for someone other than Foo.

Did it feel made up yesterday? You didn't say anything about it then beyond agreeing with my premise that the logic behind the votes he was asking about was clearly visible. The case on Foo was pretty tepid, 50 was upfront about that himself.

Murmur Twin posted:

Going on what I see above, this feels more like it's about saving Foo than thinking Uradd is scum.

This sounds really, really reverse-engineered.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ixtlilton posted:

Why not just advocate lumpenlisting?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hey everyone what about murmur twin. also maybe yuming who knows, shes probably really busy and tired

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

kaschei posted:

Why not just advocate lumpenlisting?

You could Lumpen list if you feel like, but this way is better. You see, least likely scum team doesn't even necessarily mean you think they're the two towniest players, just that their play together doesn't make sense as a scum team, same with most likely scum team. It is a more sophisticated Lumpen List.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

hey everyone what about murmur twin. also maybe yuming who knows, shes probably really busy and tired

vote either of them, as they are the scums.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I was trying to figure out Foo's rationale behind the vote, and he literally never responded to my follow-up. You're framing me trying to get him to justify his vote as me pulling pressure off of him, which is complete horseshit.

Did it feel made up yesterday? You didn't say anything about it then beyond agreeing with my premise that the logic behind the votes he was asking about was clearly visible. The case on Foo was pretty tepid, 50 was upfront about that himself.

All of this is really reverse-engineered. At least, in terms of the fact that yesterday I thought Foo was town and so I agreed with what you were saying. Today, I know he wasn't, so I'm specifically trying to re-examine how people were acting towards him and basing what I think on what I've seen. It's not like I'm 100% sure you're scum or anything, but for me right now that's what I see as the strongest case. If we don't hear from yuming or Uradd (or get thought processes behind who 50/Kaschei/Asiina/uranus think is scum) we're still really early on in D2.

And yes, I know that sounds hypocritical given that I was vocal about thinking Foo was town. If people want to push back on my logic so be it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm on your side for all of this but this is the second time that you've talked about the Foo case as though it didn't have any merit or as though the Uradd piece was better.

first time (it's two posts but they were right at the end of the day):

Power of Pecota posted:

Things are looking like a pretty clear apathy/process of elimination vote on Foo right now, is anyone else besides Ixt/Asiina here?

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Foo bleh, show up for deadline tomorrow people

I disagree entirely that it was a case built out of apathy, not only was it a good case (not just from the perspective of being correct) but it was the best case we had, and it's just standing out to me that you have kinda snuck that in a couple times now.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

All of this is really reverse-engineered. At least, in terms of the fact that yesterday I thought Foo was town and so I agreed with what you were saying. Today, I know he wasn't, so I'm specifically trying to re-examine how people were acting towards him and basing what I think on what I've seen. It's not like I'm 100% sure you're scum or anything, but for me right now that's what I see as the strongest case. If we don't hear from yuming or Uradd (or get thought processes behind who 50/Kaschei/Asiina/uranus think is scum) we're still really early on in D2.

And yes, I know that sounds hypocritical given that I was vocal about thinking Foo was town. If people want to push back on my logic so be it.

I mean, your points seem like you're trying to fit me into a narrative that's not there, specifically me getting Foo to explain his vote. I don't see how that looks like me giving him an out, a ton of people hold to "lynch all liars" stuff as town and can back it up. I wanted to see if he could and never got a response.

Poque posted:

I disagree entirely that it was a case built out of apathy, not only was it a good case (not just from the perspective of being correct) but it was the best case we had, and it's just standing out to me that you have kinda snuck that in a couple times now.

That's fair, it was fine for a D1 case (and realizing that he never came back to explain his logic for like over a day makes him look worse now that I notice it). I will say the last quote there was more general boredom with how the deadline went, I felt like it was just me and Ixt and Asiina dinking around and waiting for people to check in to get enough votes to lynch anyone.

Uradd
Jan 28, 2009

Sorry I have been absent, I just started a new position at work and expected that I would have more time to post at my desk but that hasn't worked out, ive messaged 8$ for a replacement im gonna have to bow out until work calms down, sorry errybody

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Uradd has been replaced by bowmore!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Power of Pecota (2): kaschei, Murmur Twin
yuming (1): Poque

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, Asiina, bowmore, Ixtlilton, Power of Pecota, uranus, yuming

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HEEEEYYOOO LADIES

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey bowmore.

Are you a good lady or a bad lady?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Hey bowmore.

Are you a good lady or a bad lady?
depends on the context

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

I'm basically the ANTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
so you secretly repair things

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
repair what things?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm a good lady :sun:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Are you, yuming? Why didn't you respond to my questions the other day? Do you have a response now?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I believe you.

yuming posted:

I'm a good lady :sun:

I don't believe you.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

repair what things?

i dunno you said anti sabotage

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi bowmore

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I mean, your points seem like you're trying to fit me into a narrative that's not there, specifically me getting Foo to explain his vote. I don't see how that looks like me giving him an out, a ton of people hold to "lynch all liars" stuff as town and can back it up. I wanted to see if he could and never got a response.

I'm fitting you into a narrative that is possibly there, because I don't know if you're telling me the truth or lying to me. To me it looks like you were subtly nudging people away from Foo - I fully admit I might be wrong, it's kind of up to everyone else to decide.

uranus posted:

What about me? :angel:

There are a lot of quiet people in this game and I want to know what they think. :(

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

So pointing out why Foo's logic re: why he thought derp was scum was off is leading people away from voting him? I'm having a really hard time seeing how this is working from your perspective.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

So pointing out why Foo's logic re: why he thought derp was scum was off is leading people away from voting him? I'm having a really hard time seeing how this is working from your perspective.

You seem to think I'm presenting a proof when I am in fact presenting a hypothesis.

Feel free to give me a better case on anyone else?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem to think I'm presenting a proof when I am in fact presenting a hypothesis.

Feel free to give me a better case on anyone else?

I'm asking you to defend how you're getting to that hypothesis and it's not checking out at all. ##vote Murmur

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm asking you to defend how you're getting to that hypothesis and it's not checking out at all. ##vote Murmur

Power of Pecota posted:

Foo can you give one (1) reason why derp's claim would be harmful to the town/beneficial for scum to make?

Captain Foo posted:

POP - the obvious advantage for scum is to set up two town as appearing to be on opposite sides - with obvious town-on-town slapfighting afterwards, leaving the scum to be able to fly under the radar more easily

Power of Pecota posted:

Think long-term though - would sticking with the claim be a kamikaze mission where at the end scum derp's like "Haha you chain lynched two town off my dumb claim, laters"? I don't buy him going for that out of the gate D1. Would he give an actual town + scum pair and try to ride the claim out, which would put a 50/50 target on the back of a scum in a 12-person game? I don't see a viable long-term scum strategy off of faking that. Do you?

Captain Foo posted:

(doesn't reply to Pecota)

OK, so you're questioning Foo, and then you make your point, and he doesn't reply to you. Then:

quote:

##vote Uradd on reread, this post bugs me, it looks like asking a question for the sake of asking a question.

Power of Pecota posted:

Ixt/Asiina, we've got 23 minutes until deadline and you can put Uradd into a tie for the vote lead with Foo if you switch. Why not do it?

quote:

Things are looking like a pretty clear apathy/process of elimination vote on Foo right now, is anyone else besides Ixt/Asiina here?

I just found it weird that in the middle of questioning Foo, without him replying, you jumped to Uradd. With Foo it was "explain your logic", with Uradd it was "I don't like this sentence, he must be scum". You even said:

Power of Pecota posted:

So why did you seem so unhappy voting for him?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

OK, so you're questioning Foo, and then you make your point, and he doesn't reply to you. Then:

Cool framing again with that Foo (no response) quote between my question to him and Uradd vote making it look like there was time between them when it was all in one post.

See, the point of asking someone questions is to figure out their mindset. I didn't get a chance to hear anything from Foo beyond

Captain Foo posted:

POP - the obvious advantage for scum is to set up two town as appearing to be on opposite sides - with obvious town-on-town slapfighting afterwards, leaving the scum to be able to fly under the radar more easily
Which just read lazy to me, that's why I wanted to hear follow-up. Clinging onto a vote like that when someone can't adequately explain it would have made me suspicious, all I got was a really shortsighted thought.

I was unhappy because nobody was talking about anything (plus Ixt and Asiina were being really slow to vote my top scumpick Uradd when they clearly preferred lynching him to Foo) and usually when someone with three votes at the end of D1 becomes the only viable lynch because of inactivity (Poque, this isn't about the merit of the case. Literally only enough people were around to lynch Foo and even that was down to the wire) they aren't scum. I stand by the Uradd vote, his entire day was sidling around the derp thing and asking a facetious question.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Cool framing again with that Foo (no response) quote between my question to him and Uradd vote making it look like there was time between them when it was all in one post.

See, the point of asking someone questions is to figure out their mindset. I didn't get a chance to hear anything from Foo beyond

Which just read lazy to me, that's why I wanted to hear follow-up. Clinging onto a vote like that when someone can't adequately explain it would have made me suspicious, all I got was a really shortsighted thought.

I was unhappy because nobody was talking about anything (plus Ixt and Asiina were being really slow to vote my top scumpick Uradd when they clearly preferred lynching him to Foo) and usually when someone with three votes at the end of D1 becomes the only viable lynch because of inactivity (Poque, this isn't about the merit of the case. Literally only enough people were around to lynch Foo and even that was down to the wire) they aren't scum. I stand by the Uradd vote, his entire day was sidling around the derp thing and asking a facetious question.

##unvote

For what it's worth, I'm more inclined to believe you from your conviction when replying to me. However, Uradd's lack of posting seems pretty explainable by real-life stuff (his needing to sub out), which puts me back at square one since the only real case I have against people is "who is lurking?" (which is a lot of people).

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

yuming (1): Poque
Power of Pecota (1): kaschei, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (1): Power of Pecota

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, Asiina, bowmore, Ixtlilton, Murmur Twin, uranus, yuming

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Hello, hello, hello~~

CONDRAGULATIONS!! You've survived the first elimination and night on All Stars 2. Gotta say though- some of you girls seem to be skating by in this competition. There's a hundred thousand dollars and your mafia repuation at stake here.

Hopefully, this week's mini challenge will help separate the WERQers from the lurkers. It's a favorite here on Drag Race- the Makeover Challenge!

I'd like to introduce you ladies to Odorous Tabacco.

He's one of my very best squirrel friends from Jersey. God, OT and I had some great times back in college! We'd take the train into the city and work parties for a buffalo nickle. We were on uppers, downers and candy corn. Ahahahaha. That's all behind us now, of course, and if I'm honest (which I always am), OT has lost a little sparkle since then. Luckily, we can help OT reclaim his inner glamazon through the miracle of drag!

Using paint, photoshop, blingies and whatever else you can conceive of, give Odorous Tabacco a fabulous virtual drag makeover. Perhaps he needs to dress to impress for a night out in AC? Or, you could have him serve some Real Housewives of New Jersey realness? Make him a drag daughter of your character! Anything goes in drag.

So ladies- summon your Creativity, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent and take this neckbeard from goon to swoon!

Participation is optional. PM your submissions to ~me~ by 9pm EST TOMORROW. I'll forward them to Odorous Tobacco and she will decide who deserves to receive a boon for the main challenge.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh my.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

That's got to be Pluto's tail right

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ixtlilton posted:

Are you, yuming? Why didn't you respond to my questions the other day? Do you have a response now?
No I don't I don't have my head in this game :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh hey I found something yay I was all sad at myself for being terrible~

I think Poque reads scummy D1 because his case sounds like it comes from an informed pov.

Theory: as scum Poque believed derps claim and decided to bus Foo.

Poque posted:

I don't believe that he actually thinks derp's fakeclaim was harmful to town or that lying (as the game starts) is specifically not town-friendly. basically Uradd has it right:

This is the proper reaction to have, not trying to push it into scummy territory.

basically the second chunk of stuff Ixt posted above

Poque posted:

You asked and answered your own question... "generating discussion good for town". The more reactions to things we have to go off of, whether real or made up, the better. You can judge how people would act in a situation if they think the situation is actually happening.

I don't read Foo as questioning derp's intent at all, actually. I voted him specifically for trying to pin derp's lie as not town friendly.

He doesn't try to put it against derp's intent whatsoever - he tries to blindly paint all lies as non-town, which is untrue. And quite possibly a lie.

Poque posted:

50 pretty unambiguously hashed out what was suspicious about Foo and why he considered it a good case, I don't know how you could call it "fluffy" if you read it
>:|

Poque posted:

Would gladly do yummy but no way that's happening
Strange comment at EOD.

aaa hmmm idk.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
derp and Ixi obv town. 50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

Poque I like my ~theory~ on. Asiina's ideas seem sincere. bowmore is in this game?

I chose ##vote Poque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
please point out where I'm an informed pov in any of that? You just threw that out there, added on some meaningless quotes and presented it as a case.

• Locked thread