Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
You don't gently caress with this cat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nerdz has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Having grown up in Ohio, thinking about how hard people fought for labor laws in the rust belt in places like Toledo makes me proud. But seeing how most of those places have gone to poo poo makes me sad.

'Sup Ohio buddy? You know what's sadder? The grandchildren of those same people who fought and died for labor laws making GBS threads on unions and the promise of the great society now. Like, the Battle of the Overpass (yes, I know it was in Detroit), wasn't that long ago historically speaking, and you have these children of labor calling unionized workers lazy and entitled and calling for the abolition of unions because, "We don't need them anymore!"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have no idea what this guy is about, but god drat

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Nordick posted:

He's into hardcore Native American/Norwegian speed death metal. Or ska, it's hard to tell.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

nerdz posted:

You don't gently caress with this cat.

Jesus Christ, it's Ron Swanson.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Just give me all the tuna you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, "Give me a lot of tuna." What I said was, "Give me all the tuna you have". Do you understand?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I was getting more of a Michael Cudlitz vibe, but that works, too.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nordick posted:

I had to look this up 'cause it's so loving awesome. Apparently it's Mi'kmaq warrior and dancer, Danny Boy Stephens.

Here he "takes a moment to reflect on the shores of the Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories, Canada.

Yellowknife, NT (2010)"

Also Bad-rear end.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Say Nothing posted:

Tryton MM2 electric motorbike.

Prototype Wankel-powered Soviet KGB motorcycle, possible candidate for the most cyberpunk motorcycle ever.

Also a product of Izhevsk Machinebuilding Plant, better known for manufacturing the AK-47.

Blog Free or Die has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Apr 26, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

If you can spell the name of this place from memory you're a bad-rear end in my book.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

If you can spell the name of this place from memory you're a bad-rear end in my book.
Norway?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Danny Boy Stephens.

I feel like that takes some of the wind out of his sails of badassery.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Lookit dis fluffy puppy :3: I just wanna hug him and pet him and

Oh god please don't eat my face :gonk:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Iceland. The Eyjafjallajökull volcano.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Hafnarfjorour isn't even a place, it's spelled Hafnarfjordur.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well you can bet your rear end Keenan doesn't know the answer.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

syscall girl posted:

V-O-L-C-A-N-O.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The judge should have allowed this.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

quote:

An American veteran uses an arm fitted with a welding tool adaptation at Walter Reed Army Hospital in 1919. Image courtesy the National Museum of Health and Medicine.

Pretty much all the pictures in this article are bad-rear end:
http://gizmodo.com/the-fascinating-untold-history-of-war-and-prosthetics-1570009850/all

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The guy watching him weld without goggles is badass.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

V for Vegas posted:

The guy watching him weld without goggles is badass.

Pretty sure that isn't the right word.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Nazattack posted:

Pretty sure that isn't the right word.

V for Vegas posted:

The guy watching him weld without goggles is blind.

There you go

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TheChaosPath posted:

There you go

Nope not quite...

V for Vegas posted:

The guy watching him weld without goggles is dead.

THERE we go.

Sick hair, though. :swoon:

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Eh, he's only doing flame welding not electric arc so it's not so bad.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Say Nothing posted:

The judge should have allowed this.

Not bad rear end as such, but I do like the image of a Queen's Counsel having to explain who is a oval office and who is merely a loving dickhead

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

All it needs is the Grim Reaper playing a bitching guitar solo in the front and you have yourself a heavy metal album cover.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

All it needs is the Grim Reaper playing a bitching guitar solo in the front and you have yourself a heavy metal album cover.

Or make him a wizard and you have a bitchin van mural.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

TontoCorazon posted:

Or make him a wizard and you have a bitchin van mural.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Nope. There's nothing bad-rear end about white American dudes pretending something by wearing a kilt.

dr cum patrol esq has a new favorite as of 01:53 on May 6, 2014

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Why does it have to be pretending? Can't he just loving wear a kilt because a kilt is loving cool?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nordick posted:

Why does it have to be pretending? Can't he just loving wear a kilt because a kilt is loving cool?

No. Kilts are not cool.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

6675636b20796f75 posted:

Nope. There's nothing bad-rear end about white American dudes pretending something by wearing a kilt.

This biker's not badass they're a loving rear end in a top hat. Don't do that poo poo on public streets yo, or at least have someone spotting for you up the road.

e: unless that was the whole point and the car's driver is in on it, in which case :golfclap: precision.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Rhyno posted:

No. Kilts are not cool.
Yeah, well, I disagree. :colbert:
Bruce Campbell doing a pose with a sword and kilt is about 27 times more badass than some oval office on a motorbike endangering traffic.

Whatever, have some oldtimey tree chopping:

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

6675636b20796f75 posted:

I'm so sorry that you live in a world where you've never experienced Bruce Campbell. His picture is badass simply for the fact that he made those plaid man skirts look cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stairs posted:

I'm so sorry that you live in a world where you've never experienced Bruce Campbell. His picture is badass simply for the fact that he made those plaid man skirts look cool.

He made it look less lame, even Bruce isn't that powerful.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nordick posted:

Yeah, well, I disagree. :colbert:
Bruce Campbell doing a pose with a sword and kilt is about 27 times more badass than some oval office on a motorbike endangering traffic.

Note also that it's Connor Macleod’s sword from the Highlander movie and he's standing in front statues of Robert the Bruce and William Wallace at Edinburgh Castle. It's the most Scottish photo ever. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Stairs posted:

I'm so sorry that you live in a world where you've never experienced Harrison Ford. His picture is badass simply for the fact that he made that dorky hat look cool.

Fuckin' nerds.

• Locked thread