Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that episode was fairly boring, but at least the preview for next week's episode looked fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
According to FOX's schedule, they're playing the new 24 next Friday, so we might have to wait two weeks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OmegaBR posted:

According to FOX's schedule, they're playing the new 24 next Friday, so we might have to wait two weeks.
Oh poo poo, yeah, Wiki says the next episode is on the 16th :( The new 24 premieres on Monday so I guess that's a rerun next Friday?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's a still photo and I can still hear Dana screaming:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts-and-entertainment/tv/behind-the-flames-of-hell-s-kitchen-1.1002211

It gives a good insight on what goes on in HK, and some of the underhanded stuff that the staff pulls.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 3, 2014

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

Davros1 posted:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts-and-entertainment/tv/behind-the-flames-of-hell-s-kitchen-1.1002211

It gives a good insight on what goes on in HK, and some of the underhanded stuff that the staff pulls.

Will from season 9 in that piece is the only guy I can't recall being chewed out by Ramsay on the show. He says he did, but I think it ended up on the cutting room floor.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Lol. Replacing oil with water, salt with sugar, loving with temperatures. Everything we suspected is true!

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Hmm, I wonder about some of that. Not that I think it's impossible they mess with the chefs, I'm sure they do, but like, Ji was only there for two episodes before she got hurt. And she mentions the sugar/salt incident with Colleen, who wasn't really the sharpest knife in the kitchen, so I could buy either scenario.

Sounds more like giving the chefs things they need to look out for rather than actively screwing up their cooking, such as turning a burner off remotely in the middle of a dish.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Reading about being able to gently caress with stations remotely makes me wonder why they decide to do it surreptitiously. A bunch of chefs forced to pump out quality food in a kitchen that can break down at the press of a button while Gordon Ramsay calls everyone an idiot sounds like a great loving show.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, plus the fact the chefs they interviewed admitted that you need no real chef skill to get on the show. So naturally most of them either aren't up to the task without or completely inept from the get-go, without all the producer screwiness.

But like I said, it sounds more like they try to set them up for failure rather ensuring they fail no matter what. As long as you check all the stuff you're supposed to check, a somewhat competent chef should be ok.

And it's not like anybody ever made the finals who didn't deserve to be there in some capacity.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah there's always 1 or 2 competent ones that get absolutely no screen time that make it to the top 3 because they rarely gently caress up.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"The Flaming Grill, it is not. The Extinguished Grill, it is. :smug: "

Gordon Ramsay has more embarrassingly bad one-liners than Horatio Caine.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Watching Fayza was pretty much watching my mother-in-law on TV.

So after wondering last week I timed how long it took to watch This weeks's episode and it was about an hour and 10 minutes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
drat. Keisha goes all kinds of mushmouth when she gets upset.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Davros1 posted:

Are one of the casting locations based directly in New Jersey? Because every year there seems to be multiple chefs from the state, both competent (all of these guys) and incompetent (too many to count)

Also, yay more Dana :allears: One of my favorites across all seasons, up there with Dave, Rock and Heather. Apparently she's self-aware of the yelling, so that helps.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Probably just in NYC? The bridge and tunnel crowd can just cross the Hudson for a casting call.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is there anywhere you can find part 2 of that article, or is it only in dead-tree form?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
MasterChef Australia is back on.

Finally something worth watching. Even if the contestants cry a bit much.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That's just because of all the onions.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Just wanted to pop in before tonight's episode to say that the beef wellington I made came out great over the weekend. It certainly wouldn't have passed Ramsay's approval in the presentation department, but the temperature was a loving spot-on medium rare. It was delicious, and everyone was blown away when I took it out of the oven. (I had kept what I was making a secret.

I look forward to doing it again someday, and hopefully with help next time.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Ah the classic team building exercise of having them rush to the pass to fight for ingredients.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Ralph: I know I'm talented. I can cook anything.

*gets cous-cous with duck breast*

*fails miserably*

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Brocktoon posted:

Just wanted to pop in before tonight's episode to say that the beef wellington I made came out great over the weekend. It certainly wouldn't have passed Ramsay's approval in the presentation department, but the temperature was a loving spot-on medium rare. It was delicious, and everyone was blown away when I took it out of the oven. (I had kept what I was making a secret.

You'd certainly make black jackets on this season with that wellington. Glad it turned out well for you!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Oh dear, a tie into commercial? :ohdear:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Men lose...again. :geno:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Performance evaluations by Gordon to each contestant, better known as one-on-one throw-your-teammates-under-the-bus time.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

:wink:: "So...Gordon. What're you wearing?"

Haha, she's skipping up to his office.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

:wink:: "So...Gordon. What're you wearing?"

Haha, she's skipping up to his office.

Yeah, that was kinda crazy.

"So who's the weakest on your team?"

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Richard being the weakest on Blue? Really?

I would expect Jessica on Red, since pretty much everyone said so.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Weird for the teams to be cheering for them after they threw them under the bus like that.

And Jessica proving her team right.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

oh boo

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Of course there would be a To Be Continued. Why was I not surprised?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I guess they were overdue for the to be continued elimination.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Find out next time, on the next butt-busting episode..."

:raise:: "Did he just say 'butt-busting'?"

Immediately cut to Jessica falling on her rear end.

:ms: "Oh."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I would kill to see Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen paperwork.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Brocktoon posted:

I would kill to see Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen paperwork.

He has six different stamps with the word "Donkey" in different fonts and three fire extinguishers and an autographed photo of Jean-Phillipe.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Brocktoon posted:

Did you slice the meat with the grain there? :raise:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

liltimshady posted:

Men lose...again. :geno:

The men winning is so infrequent that I always fast forward through the middle of the episode because there's only so many times you can watch the same people on a reward.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Writer Cath posted:

He has six different stamps with the word "Donkey" in different fonts and three fire extinguishers and an autographed photo of Jean-Phillipe.

But wasn't JP awesome this episode. He probably wishes that he could smack the contestants.

"Spit shine"

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Reminder that they're replaying 24 tonight, so no new episode of Kitchen Nightmares.

Next Friday the one-hour season finale will air at 9 Eastern. Place doesn't sound too good doing research on it.

And a repeat of Return to Amy's Baking Company will air on that next Saturday at 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

ShadowCatboy posted:

Did you slice the meat with the grain there? :raise:

Yes, because the slice is then going to be on its side on a plate, and the eater will be cutting off pieces against the grain.