Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

voting to hire the guy to help us raise the Roc-slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I want to ask Ishamal if he believes Indor to be evil. We had assumed that there was more to witchcraft when we spoke with her some, and since you have not admonished us for it, we can assume it is not something that is evil necessarily. But perhaps foolish, what we are doing certainly, but does it somehow corrupt someone? We saw that she has at least one charm that only works for those faithful in El, and it resembles the priestly charm Jobe used when we battled the Zviv, and this comforted us along with her statement that El is the Creator of the World, and that she worships him.

To be clear, I am not trying to trick Ishamal into revealing information here. That is not my intent--it is genuine concern over Indor and Puabi. We can deal with possible exile, if it keeps our Balls alive and gives us money. Indor clearly has ways of avoiding detection. But I worry that what we do is in fact wicked.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1E 2Q

the_steve posted:

There's no commitment to a falcon. With a roc, we have stakes and consequences and huge payouts.
What do we get with a falcon? Maybe the occasional rabbit.

Keep in mind Snarls is El-damned huge and always up to our knees if we end up Snarlsing a falcon it could get end up with some weird always has a wingspan as wide as Enkidel is tall thing.

Also I want to become beast master with a mega nose on the ground and the hyper vision in the sky without the risk of our potential Roc suddenly turning around and driving it's talons into our eye sockets and hauling us away by our skull because we accidentally walked under an awning.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Changing my R vote to Q because I hadn't considered the valuable gesture that would be making the sacrifice in Tanaach. Praise El!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Changing my vote to Q. If we're going to kill the little guy, at least let it be in the name of peace and good will.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

the_steve posted:

There's no commitment to a falcon. With a roc, we have stakes and consequences and huge payouts.
What do we get with a falcon? Maybe the occasional rabbit.

You purchase a falcon from Bolt Vanderhuge, a Mighty Man of Zepath who is also a falconer.
You spend the next several weeks learning all you can of falconry, including how to safely handle the bird, as well as basic calls.
It seems to come quite easily to you, although you still don't know very much about it.

Bolt comes up to you at the end of a few weeks and says
"Wow, you have a knack for falconry. You should totes take that up."

Voting Time!
1. What do you name the falcon?

2. What will you start doing now that falconry bores you?
A. What? No, I love little Roc me Amadeus! I'm sticking with falconry.
B. Maybe we go back to metallurgy. Remember when we wanted to make Iron worthwhile and invent Eltanium?
C. Farming?
D. You know, I feel really guilty about going behind Tudiya's back. I go and break off all ties with Indor.
E. D, except I also report a bunch of people who disagree with me.
F. I maintain my relationship with Indor, but I report all the people who don't want to.
G. Racecar driver! Ok, sure, absolutely none of the technology, or even the prerequisite technologies to the prerequisite technologies exist outside of the wheel that would enable racecars to exist, but we can certainly run around the walls of Zepath making what we'd imagine racecar noises to sound like.
H. EL!
I. Vayahi Or!
J. Ask Ishamal what he thinks. (Note: Unless you ask him about the merits of staying at home and reading a book, he will probably be against it.)
K. Take a baby goat out to the usual place and try to find Azz.
L. EL! harder
M. Question Jalitha about our father. (Note: This will yield no results.)
N. Ooh, hey, I bet Tudiya could give us lessons on sculpting. This will also make him happy and help take his mind off of Danal.
G - Race car. Final answer!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Preemptively voting to name the falcon Roc me Amadeus.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

G - Race car. Final answer!

You have decided to become a racecar driver, and El dammit, you are not going to let something like the fact that racecars CAN NOT and WILL NOT exist in this CYOA game get in the way of your dreams.
That's what Ishamal is for.

You find him and suggest your idea to him. He is silent for a long time. A really long time. No, wait, you do hear something. And see something. A vein in his forehead is throbbing, almost melodically.
Maybe he didn't hear you? You repeat your goal to become a racecar driver.
The throbbing increases.

Finally, Ishamal lets out a long, drawn out sigh.
"Alright, gently caress it. I'm out. I'm out. I'm done."

You never speak to Ishamal again, although you do hear talk that he has taken up drinking. Way more drinking than he is known to do, that is. And sobbing. And hitting his head against the table while drinking and crying.

With that taken care of, you begin the preparations.
First, you need sponsors. And a way to display their logos. Are tattoos a thing in Zepath? They are now.

Indor pays very generously to tattoo the name of her shop on your forehead, advertising her special "stamina enhancers."
Other merchants are quick to follow suit, paying top silver for the most visible portions of your body. Soon you are covered head to toe in adverts from all across Zepath, and even a few from other cities.

Finally, the day of the race.
Despite the fact that racecars still do not exist, nor are they even within the realm of anyone's wildest imaginations, you do have competitors.
- Lullaya, who chooses to race you on foot.
- A 13-foot tall clown who somehow fits into a small, wheeled carriage covered in tortoises and dongs
- And your best friend Paebel, who keeps muttering something about "Shake n Bake" while throwing you meaningful glances. What the hell is he talking about?

Voting Time!
How do you race?

A. Cautiously. I go defensively, assuming the other drivers will take themselves out through their own recklessness.
B. Full speed ahead. If you aren't first, then you're last. And nobody is going to beat Enki Bobby.
C. Dirty. I try to force everyone else to wreck.
D. Except Paebel. I'd never betray my bro like that.
E. C, except I try to eat them while I race. This one's for you, Asherah!
F. Except Paebel.
G. EL!
H. Something else, fill in.

SerSpook posted:

Preemptively voting to name the falcon Roc me Amadeus.

I'm against the falcon in general, but, if we DO get one, +1 to Roc me Amadeus

the_steve fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 6, 2014

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SerSpook posted:

Imperial Guard is a good CYOA and it is a fun read. Go read it when you have the time.

Also if we do go with silver or potions, we'll get a gently caress ton of each at least.

Do you have a link?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

Do you have a link?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202242

eta: thought this was what Theglavwen had referenced, but it doesn't actually fit. I just know it as a really old and large thread. Either way it's good so go read it.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You told them...

C. B. I also told them his trail was leading south, at least a month from Zepath and the trial was old when you found it. His remains were not in the Roc nest.

2. What do you plan to do with the Roc egg?

R. I put it upon the altar in El's temple. A pious decision and which will be well received in the city and spread my fame.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

God I love this thread.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL or our memory: How long did it take to travel from Anthar? I want to guess how long Danal might be gone if he went there.

QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL: Is killing a rare beast a wrong thing to do? Would that goes against do not destroy?

Also tell Ishamal "Thank you for listening to all of my crazy ideas."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I will get to other questions when I have time, give me two hours?

This vote is a monster. Any brave volunteers to count? I will update tonight if I have time. Without help to count I know I wont.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
1D 2N

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I don't know if I can finish counting, but I can at least start and post as far as U get for the next person to pick up.

Starting now…

EDIT: IF YOU DID DUMB poo poo LIKE NOT VOTE WITH LETTERS, CHANGE IT OR PICK A LETTER NOW. I don't have time for that poo poo. :colbert:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 6, 2014

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

I don't know if I can finish counting, but I can at least start and post as far as U get for the next person to pick up.

Starting now…

EDIT: IF YOU DID DUMB poo poo LIKE NOT VOTE WITH LETTERS, CHANGE IT OR PICK A LETTER NOW. I don't have time for that poo poo. :colbert:

FoxTerrier is the way, the truth, and the life.

Bold all votes as well please, it helps our vote counters!

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Fine, changing my vote on the bird to Q. It's not worth it. No need to be a dick about it though Ish. :colbert:

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

the_steve posted:

Finally, the day of the race.
Despite the fact that racecars still do not exist, nor are they even within the realm of anyone's wildest imaginations, you do have competitors.
- Lullaya, who chooses to race you on foot.
- A 13-foot tall clown who somehow fits into a small, wheeled carriage covered in tortoises and dongs
- And your best friend Paebel, who keeps muttering something about "Shake n Bake" while throwing you meaningful glances. What the hell is he talking about?

Voting Time!
How do you race?

A. Cautiously. I go defensively, assuming the other drivers will take themselves out through their own recklessness.
B. Full speed ahead. If you aren't first, then you're last. And nobody is going to beat Enki Bobby.
C. Dirty. I try to force everyone else to wreck.
D. Except Paebel. I'd never betray my bro like that.
E. C, except I try to eat them while I race. This one's for you, Asherah!
F. Except Paebel.
G. EL!
H. Something else, fill in.

H: Submit immediately to the clown. Become its disciple.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

SerSpook posted:

Furthermore, editing your original vote when you change votes to reflect both what your old vote was and what your new one is? Also makes the lives of votecounters easier!

By the way, why is nobody else freaking out over the fact that Ishamal knows about Indor? Finally, we can get a third opinion on her!

More questions for Ish!

How do you know about our dealings with Indor?

Why didn't you tell Tudiya about it?

Why did you not censure me or otherwise comment about my dealings with her before?

Why did you only choose to bring her up now?

Is it safe to deal with her? Why?

Is it bad that I am dealing with her? Why?

Are her items be safe, and do they have hidden costs?

What exactly is she?

What exactly is the nature of her magic and her wonders?

Do you know where she came from?

Indor once suggested that I harvest items from monsters while they still lived, though disabled, which would result in more powerful ingredients. I turned her down, but would it have been right to accept her suggestion?

If Tudiya were to banish me for my dealings with Indor, would I still be able to receive the benefits of your guidance with respect to my potential?

Have you ever seen those like Indor before? If so, what were their fates?

Indor seemed capable of...shielding herself from the sight of Smythos. How is that possible?

Do you think her works are heretical?

Why do you say you won't have to deal with her mess?

How much truth is there in Indor's words?

Have you ever dealt or spoken much with her yourself?

If I tried to stop dealing with her now, I suspect she will use blackmail to extort one last favor out of me before allowing me to depart, assuming she does not simply try to compel me to continue working for her. If she does ask me one last favor, no doubt great and dangerous, do you think it wise to comply?

She offered to teach me of her own powers. Would it be safe to accept that offer?

Do you know what her goals and desires are?

Have you any idea what her long-term plans might be for me?

Do you know if Puabi is indeed her biological daughter?

Indor has promised "great wonders" if we offer her fresher ingredients. Do you know what sort of thing she might make, given access to such ingredients?

Do you know if Indor knows that you know about her dealings with me?

What is witchcraft? Is it good or evil?

What do you suppose she might be able to make if I gave her the roc egg, or the newly-hatched roc?

Are there any others whom we might safely consult to gain more knowledge about Indor and what she is?

Have I ever told you what a terribly patient and helpful fellow you are in answering all my endless questions, and that despite appearances I do in fact greatly appreciate your time and patience in answering them?

I'd apologize for the deluge, Diog, but really, what did you think was going to happen when you just casually dropped that bombshell in there? :colbert:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Holy crap guys. That was a big vote.

:negative:

Ok. I did my best here, but with 63 (!) votes to count (really saw a lot of names I didn't recognize…hi guys!), and people changing votes, and other shennanigans…mistakes can happen. Please double check your vote! Anyone should be able to edit, so go ahead and fix anything that's off.

Save Target As, your vote was an unbolded, unlettered, unspecified disgrace. Honestly, I'm not even sure it was a vote, and not a sin against God and Man. :colbert: Please change it so I can add it to the tallies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AssH2CgrZy-ZdG1fQ0RSYk5aUC04VEUxRVhpandIenc&usp=sharing

Currently, for question 1, D is leading over C by a small margin. Q is winning for #2. People voted for many different things for 4, but everyone seems to agree Naomi deserves something pretty, with keeping throphies the next most popular choices.

Several people noted they wanted to spilt the gems with Paebel, a couple want to give him all the gems. Nobody wants to stiff him.

There were only a handful of write ins for #3, they're listed on the side in the notes column.

The column for question 2 is slightly disorganized, because making slots for A - Z5 or whatever was impractical. Only options that actually received a vote got a slot. I made slots as people voted (after A, B, C), so it's not in alphabetical order. It should still be easy enough to parse though.

Hope that helps. :coolfish:

SerSpook posted:

Right back at you, brother. :c00lbert:

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal
Changing my vote from O to Q. Also, we should get the gems cut by a Mighty Jeweler (I assume there is at least one) before giving Paebal his share. He'd probably have to make due with a lesser cutter if we gave him the raw gems. After that, make one of the gems into a ring.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You are doing El's work! Or maybe Asherah's? Thank you so much for your help!

Oh. Voting is closed.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

E: Voting just closed, so re-listing the votes isn't needed.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Oh well, just have to save my energy for the next monster we have a chance to capture.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Oh well, just have to save my energy for the next monster we have a chance to capture.

A minotaur!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Jesus christ Tomn.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I just got home. I have not had a chance to review the count yet.

I am going to make dinner and as it cooks, review the votes. In all likelihood you will get a chance to change votes to and between say, the top 5 winning choices, as we have done many times if the outcome was not heavily one sided.

After that I will start on questions.

Tomn. *sobs bitterly*.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

FoxTerrier posted:

Holy crap guys. That was a big vote.

:negative:

Ok. I did my best here, but with 63 (!) votes to count (really saw a lot of names I didn't recognize…hi guys!), and people changing votes, and other shennanigans…mistakes can happen. Please double check your vote! Anyone should be able to edit, so go ahead and fix anything that's off.

Save Target As, your vote was an unbolded, unlettered, unspecified disgrace. Honestly, I'm not even sure it was a vote, and not a sin against God and Man. :colbert: Please change it so I can add it to the tallies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AssH2CgrZy-ZdG1fQ0RSYk5aUC04VEUxRVhpandIenc&usp=sharing

Currently, for question 1, D is leading over C by a small margin. Q is winning for #2. People voted for many different things for 4, but everyone seems to agree Naomi deserves something pretty, with keeping throphies the next most popular choices.

Several people noted they wanted to spilt the gems with Paebel, a couple want to give him all the gems. Nobody wants to stiff him.

There were only a handful of write ins for #3, they're listed on the side in the notes column.

The column for question 2 is slightly disorganized, because making slots for A - Z5 or whatever was impractical. Only options that actually received a vote got a slot. I made slots as people voted (after A, B, C), so it's not in alphabetical order. It should still be easy enough to parse though.

Hope that helps. :coolfish:

:worship:

Thank you, so much, for tackling this.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Theglavwen posted:

SerSpook posted:

A minotaur!

quote:

Wild animals can be tamed - might it also be possible to tame or even befriend a monster?
"They are not friends or pets Enkidel."

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Tomn. *sobs bitterly*.

Think of it as anti-silliness vaccine! The more we know, perhaps the fewer silly decisions we make?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

WhiteOutMouse posted:

"They are not friends or pets Enkidel."

Neither's Ishamal at this point, yet we keep hanging around him :colbert:

Ah well, we may not have a bitchin' flying monster companion/mount, but hey we're still livin' up the life of a mesopotamian super-hero, at least we've got a baby and a sharpei :cripes:

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 7, 2014

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
What the gently caress is going on with this bird?!?!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tomn posted:

Think of it as anti-silliness vaccine! The more we know, perhaps the fewer silly decisions we make?
My eyes seriously cross whenever I see one of your huge posts.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Question 3 is closed.

Question 1 is still open. You can change your votes as you like, if you are changing a vote and NOT casting a new one, please state what your old vote was.
1. You told them(Tudiya and Ishamal)...
C. I told them the truth, I could not found Danal and so I came home. I also told them his trail was leading south, at least a month from Zepath and the trial was old when you found it. His remains were not in the Roc's nest.
D. C. And I assured Tudiya I was certain Danal was fine. I spent lots of time with him in the wilderness and I believe in him.

Question 4 is still open, with all option.

Diogines posted:

4. BONUS QUESTION! What do you want to do with the feathers?
A. Give them to Falal for arrows which will fly further and straighter, though not enormously so.
B. Give them to my wife, for a happy marriage. She will use them in a garment for herself.
C. Sell them. +14 pounds of silver
D. Save them to sell in Baitel for far more.
E. Give them to Paebel.

F. (Optional add on)But save one for your son. In fact, from now on, save small trophies from your notable kills for him.

G. (Optional add on two!). Actually! Even if I don't mount the Roc egg on my wall, I an well overdue do for a trophy room of my own! I expand my house to build one. I will add bits from notable kills and deeds to it from now on. -4 pounds of silver to expand your home with a new room. We will use a placeholder post on page 1 of the thread as a gallery for your trophy room.

H. Something else. Fill in.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
4. (Did not previously vote, not a change.)

B + F

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

4. B + F

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Changing my vote from 4. B to

4. B+F

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -