Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yuming posted:

derp and Ixi obv town. 50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

Poque I like my ~theory~ on. Asiina's ideas seem sincere. bowmore is in this game?

I chose ##vote Poque

this is terrible. 50 has one post today:

50 pounds of bread posted:

I think what we should take away from yesterday is.

THAT I AM FABULOUS!!!

and bowmore just replaced in. You're not even trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Like this is really, really bad. What is the point of that last post? Is it to make it seem like it's a PoE vote on me by just mentioning people as total throwaways even when they don't even make sense? And why should you feel like you have to make the vote feel PoE when you presented a [terrible] case in the post before it?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm tired!!

I changed my mind about 50 because I don't think he's scum OMG why is that so hard to understand~

Informed POV: scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role D1 because his result was accurate from their perspective. Knowing that, bussing foo would be a ~clever move~

That's my working theory. Those three quotes inspired me that is why I quoted them.

I didn't noticed bowmore was a replacement hi bowmore :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Poque posted:

Like this is really, really bad. What is the point of that last post? Is it to make it seem like it's a PoE vote on me by just mentioning people as total throwaways even when they don't even make sense? And why should you feel like you have to make the vote feel PoE when you presented a [terrible] case in the post before it?
~my case is good~

I'm gonna read magazines then go to sleep. The forums are blocked at my new job, so sorry for being lazy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yuming posted:

I'm tired!!

I changed my mind about 50 because I don't think he's scum OMG why is that so hard to understand~

Informed POV: scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role D1 because his result was accurate from their perspective. Knowing that, bussing foo would be a ~clever move~

That's my working theory. Those three quotes inspired me that is why I quoted them.

You changed your mind but specifically said "after today". so what about that post changed your mind? What about any post changed your mind?

you say an informed POV scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role but quoted me saying that not believing it was the right move.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Poque posted:

You changed your mind but specifically said "after today". so what about that post changed your mind? What about any post changed your mind?

you say an informed POV scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role but quoted me saying that not believing it was the right move.
I said I changed my mind that is all~

I'm speaking from the situation where you're scum. What you fabricated has no bearing on my case, it's the knowledge and strategy behind it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's also pretty terrible that your initial case on Foo was the "fluffy" piece, and I was the one to call you out on that initially. Now your mind is changed on 50 but you included that as one of your three quotes of why I'm a bad guy.

yuming posted:

I said I changed my mind that is all~

no, that is not all. Don't handwave that away. You very specifically said

yuming posted:

50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

so you're either backpedaling away from this immediately after getting called out or admitting that this was just part of a fluffy piece on your own case to push it toward a PoE vote on me, and those are both very scummy.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I want to omgus mt or yuming tonight.

Hoping to get a chance to shop for makeovers!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

I'm tired!!

hey!!!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

yuming posted:

re: Yuming's case - her theory is based on Poque believing derp's claim and making moves to bus Foo in response. The only thing Poque posts about between derp's fakeclaim and the revelation that he was lying are:

(a) questioning Derp about the power / volunteering for it
(b) asking Ernie why he thinks derp is a 3P
(c) talking about other reality shows (including incorrectly saying Survivor HvV isn't the best season)

Poque doesn't talk about Foo at all until after the lie is revealed.

Regarding (a) above, either:

- Poque believes that Derp is telling the truth, which to me would indicate town, because what scum would volunteer for that? or
- Poque doesn't believe Derp is telling the truth, which would give him no reason to bus Foo.

Poque has seemed really town to me all game so far. Yuming's theory doesn't hold that much water to me - which then leads me down the road of "is she tired and unable to keep up with the game, or is she trying to lead the lynch on a townie?". Then throw in:

yuming posted:

derp and Ixi obv town. 50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

Poque posted:

this is terrible. 50 has one post today:

yuming posted:

And it seems like yuming is trying to fabricate opinions on people. Sorry :( ##vote yuming

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I did this, please no one else beat me because I worked really hard on this and never win challenges in online reality game shows:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh wait I was supposed to PM that image. I can't read rules. Should I take that down or...?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh wait I was supposed to PM that image. I can't read rules. Should I take that down or...?

It would be a tragedy if you did that.

##vote yuming

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Murmur Twin posted:

Also I did this
Girl!

Just kidding. I'll allow it cause OdorousTabacco isn't following this thread. But reading is a fundamental skill for a drag queen- work on it!

edit: Murmur, your inbox is full!

VivaNova fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 7, 2014

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Girl!

Just kidding. I'll allow it cause OdorousTabacco isn't following this thread. But reading is a fundamental skill for a drag queen- work on it!

edit: Murmur, your inbox is full!

:o:

Of course I realize how important it is that drag queens be highly literate! I'll try harder in the future.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Murmur Twin posted:

:o:

Of course I realize how important it is that drag queens be highly literate! I'll try harder in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnVSklVO-t4

I've got to go to a class in 5 minutes, I haven't reread D1 re: yuming's theory on Poque to see if it fits yet.

Bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdgYBCnW-8

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I was at work and then played Mount and Blade: Warband for literally 12 hours yesterday, and now there are words and a drawing thing. Poque is town, okay yuming?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

yuming, I'm not seeing it - Poque was a first vote and followed through hard on a slow D1 - why not try and swing to the wrong side of the 50/50 shot at scum first if Ixt is town? Also I don't see scum thinking derp's claim was real after he added the minimum posts threshold thing after making the claim and then admitted to faking it. Also are you just calling Ixt town off of the idea of scum presuming derp's role was real/do you believe derp's role was actually real?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Power of Pecota posted:

yuming, I'm not seeing it - Poque was a first vote and followed through hard on a slow D1 - why not try and swing to the wrong side of the 50/50 shot at scum first if Ixt is town? Also I don't see scum thinking derp's claim was real after he added the minimum posts threshold thing after making the claim and then admitted to faking it. Also are you just calling Ixt town off of the idea of scum presuming derp's role was real/do you believe derp's role was actually real?

That's not her case, her case is that Poque is scum because his posting sounded like it came from an informed point of view as far as I can tell. I disagree with that, but that's what she thinks :shrug:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, I was sure I put a vote down earlier, what happened with that. I wanna ##vote Murmur Twin

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want to know why being scum would give you an informed pov about role information.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, I was sure I put a vote down earlier, what happened with that. I wanna ##vote Murmur Twin

What'd I do?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wanted to vote yuming while she was lurking and I want to vote her now that she is making a nonsense case.

##vote yuming

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I don't think yuming is scum, she did a TABP for her with the weird case on Poque.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't think yuming is scum, she did a TABP for her with the weird case on Poque.

Murmur Twin's vote on her, however, looks like a scum who doesn't want to vote someone who they think is cool and they like, but they're an easy target.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ixtlilton posted:

What is TABP?

I like my idea but idk idk I am just trying to come up with something. The votes on Foo look the same to me.

I will be back later tonight but OMG stop voting me tia.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

I wanted to vote yuming while she was lurking and I want to vote her now that she is making a nonsense case.

##vote yuming
Maybe I want to vote you for making ~nonsense~ case so rude, I'm trying, ugh >:|

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

yuming (4): Poque, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, Asiina
Murmur Twin (2): Power of Pecota, Ixtlilton
Power of Pecota (1): kaschei, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Poque (1): yuming

Not Voting (2): bowmore, uranus

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

That's not her case, her case is that Poque is scum because his posting sounded like it came from an informed point of view as far as I can tell. I disagree with that, but that's what she thinks :shrug:

Uhh can you elaborate on what you mean here, because I'm not getting your objection. Poque would have still been going through those thought processes as scum, and the informed point of view would be knowing that you and Foo were of different alignments if he was scum with Foo and not you?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Power of Pecota posted:

Uhh can you elaborate on what you mean here, because I'm not getting your objection. Poque would have still been going through those thought processes as scum, and the informed point of view would be knowing that you and Foo were of different alignments if he was scum with Foo and not you?

I don't even know man, he didn't even post calling Foo scum until after derp retracted it, so I thought her stuff was about something else and re-read it more closely. It was a pretty town yuming case imo, just from the way she went about it, and displayed her Town Associated Behavioral Patterns.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Reminder- if you'd like a shot at winning the mini challenge PM me your makeovers by 9:00. I've received four stunning transformations so far.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi hello lets kill mrumur k ##vote murmur

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
okokok stop voting me ok??

My perspectives things makes sense to me but I guess not to anyone else so~ I am reading thread again!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like my idea on Poque? idg why it doesn't make sense but I explain one more time and then move on.

When derp first claim scum would be nervous about the potential he was telling the truth. Then, when he chose Ixi and foo, and produced a correct result, they'd know he was telling the truth. I think that Poque was trying to capitalize on that knowledge by going along with derp's result even though he claimed it to be fake. He was aligning himself with the "right" side of things. The fact foo ended up lynched was mostly a product of apathy.

derp Ixi and 50 are town because duh. Pecota ~feels~ town. Who does that leave...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ok so Asiina~

Asiina posted:

I'm not really feeling 50 or Foo. I think Foo is wrong about derp's lie and it being bad, but I also think that would be a strange thing for scum to focus on.

50 I don't really have too much of an opinion on, but I'm not seeing anything very scummy about what he's said.

Honestly day 1 is a clusterfuck and I'm personally more likely to put my attention on lurkers than people having a fight.

Using that metric I'd say yuming or uradd based on feelings.

Once again sorry for lurking myself. If I don't get murdered today/tonight I will be home tomorrow and will be able to be much more active.
This is neutral in it's own but the comment on Foo peaked my interest. The way Asiina is talking down the case reads scummy.

cont'd vv

Asiina posted:

I think I see it but I'm more willing to give it a pass.

From what I understand Foo seems to not be overly familiar with derp and the crazy things he sometimes does. He didn't like the fact that derp was fakeclaiming that two people were different alignments, cause even though derp almost immediately said it was a joke it could have lead to a bad turbo.

People against Foo seem to be overstating this as saying Foo is claiming that all lies are anti-town, which Foo said that's not what he means.

I think the argument against Foo is a stretch which is why I don't want to go along with it.

I have to go to my afternoon sessions now (woo conferences) but I'll try to be around near deadline. In case I'm not I'm going to chose to ##vote yuming based on the hunch from my last post.

Asiina posted:

Goddamnit

##vote foo
Actually no she defends him to the point I don't think it's scummy it sounds real. More town than scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Uradd posted:

I think every game ive ever started with derp has had day 0/1 cop type shenanigans and its amusing to me that people are considering his 'claim' as truthfacts
re: perspectives I can see this as scum trying to discredit derp's claim.

Uradd posted:

Why? Because he doesn't like derps... derpiness?
In response to 50's vote on foo. This is more subtle than Asiina-- Uraad didn't want people to believe derp's claim but he didn't want to take a hard stance on it.

bowmore hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise, certainly.

##vote bowmore

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
PS I really can't post at work aside from on my phone, and I'm busy tomorrow evening. But I will be checking the thread so, let me give input ok? tia.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
Ladies and Ladies,

The lovely VivaNova has invited me to give all y'all bitches the official announcement about the winner of the Makeover Challenge.

Before we get to the nominees though, I wanted to point out that the last time I was in a Drag challenge, I was made-over to look like this:

And I WON. So clearly the bar was set very high. Let's see what we have for the entries:

Submission number one jumped right out at me with the dazzling sparkles on the skirt, which is definitely my style. Further, submitter number one knows that I'm a Queen through and through, and found a way to really bring out the skin tone in my arms and cleavage. Well done!

Number two took a more aggressive approach, which I like. Play to win, ladies. Number two looked at the source image and immediately understood that one of my favorite things to do is smoke large cigars which I light from my thumb, which is perpetually on fire. As the image says, SEXY.

Number three brought flair to the table with a rare action shot, understanding that my life is full of snowboards and cryptocurrency. I hope this submission wasn't laundered on Silk Road! My rear end looks fantastic here.

Finally, submission number four took a more simplistic approach. The wig was an excellent choice, and I'm glad she outfitted me with shoes that match my hideously deformed feet. Also, I look SO skinny here.

I love them all, but sadly, there can only be one winner, so I'm here to announce that....

NUMBER ONE is the winner!

Thanks for playing, keep up that sass!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Thank you so much to the ever radiant OdorousTabacco, you were a fantastic guest judge!

The submissions were from:

1. Asiina
2. Pecota
3. Poque
4. MT

That means Asiina, you are the winner of this episode's mini-challenge!

Your mix of blingees and paint with attention to detail in the background took you to the head of the class. I'm sure OdorousTabacco will be rocking this look for years to come.

As a reward, you may gag on someone's eleganza to make her loved today, yourself included.

All right, I'm out bitches, but keep working and REMEMBER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

re: perspectives I can see this as scum trying to discredit derp's claim.

In response to 50's vote on foo. This is more subtle than Asiina-- Uraad didn't want people to believe derp's claim but he didn't want to take a hard stance on it.

bowmore hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise, certainly.

##vote bowmore
huh?

##vote yuming

I wasn't going to vote you but now I have to

• Locked thread