Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Accrding to Rob Thomas in some interview or something I found via google: Sally was a pet of Dick's that Beaver... vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just got around to watching this and on the whole I found it great but also sad and depressing for everyone.

Somehow Piz especially. Oh well, at least Wallace and Mac have their lives together.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have a digital copy of the movie on Flixter, in case anyone wants it.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 8, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
sitting here reading the book on my tablet and listening to the audio book on headphones... dunno why i never thought of this before.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

Bumping this thread because if anyone else was like me and didn't have Season 3 because for whatever reason it was absurdly expensive, it's down to $12 right now

Man I hope no one ordered this based on my link. Apparently this version is some cheap knockoff version which is just a clamshell and a bunch of DVDs stacked in the middle. Grr.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
Well, I totally forgot this was a thing. I finally got around to watching and it was very cathartic. Seeing all these old faces, the interactions between characters I once loved, the dialogue, seeing it all happen one more time, was very nice. I was never satisfied with the ending of the T.V show, but this I like.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

If any of you are Canadian and haven't got this show on DVD yet, seasons 1-3 are $9.99 each right now on Amazon Canada. If you buy all three of them then it's free shipping!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I've been holding out for Blu-ray, figuring that with the movie they'd re-release the series as a package. But I'll probably cave and buy them on DVD anyway.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
They released some more information about that Ryan Hansen web series, apparently most of the actors will make appearances. It is going to be called Play It Again, Dick : http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-whole-veronica-mars-gang-is-coming-back-for-a-new-webser

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Welp. Tonally like Party Down is positive. From the little videos and interviews Hansen's given, he seems like a pretty cool guy, so I wonder if he'll play himself straight or more as a character (probably as a goofball Andy Dwyer-type).

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have tried a few times, but i don't think Party Down is for me.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

You have to be a combination of cynical and manic depressive to enjoy Party Down, I think it's a show that's entirely too honest for its own good. It spits right in the face of positivity, with the message that sometimes talent gets you nowhere, and sometimes you can just ride your looks to success, but most of the time we're all just a bunch of working stiff losers. And yet in between all that you have moments of greatness and very deep connections with other people. Like Casey and the former comedian mom.

I loving love Party Down, bought the DVDs and binge-watch it annually.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Since this thread has been brought briefly back to life I just want to mention that I'm 80% done with the audiobook of Thousand Dollar Tan Line, and Kristen Bell reading it definitely makes it. I hope she does further ones.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

LloydDobler posted:

You have to be a combination of cynical and manic depressive to enjoy Party Down, I think it's a show that's entirely too honest for its own good. It spits right in the face of positivity, with the message that sometimes talent gets you nowhere, and sometimes you can just ride your looks to success, but most of the time we're all just a bunch of working stiff losers. And yet in between all that you have moments of greatness and very deep connections with other people. Like Casey and the former comedian mom.

I loving love Party Down, bought the DVDs and binge-watch it annually.

This is super loving accurate. It's gallows humor, but with heart. If they Kickstarted another season I'd throw money at it in a heartbeat.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Oasx posted:

I have tried a few times, but i don't think Party Down is for me.

That's a shame, I thought it was a fantastic show. It's okay, there are a lot of TVIV sweethearts that I can't get into either.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
We have a teaser for Play It Again, Dick. http://youtu.be/XB0aEonzPl8

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Oasx posted:

We have a teaser for Play It Again, Dick. http://youtu.be/XB0aEonzPl8

Looks fun. I am always up for more Dick.

Also it's funny that he's not using something like Dick: Private Dick as the show title.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Tupping Liberty posted:

Also it's funny that he's not using something like Dick: Private Dick as the show title.

It makes sense since 'private' is something that has never described Dick at any point in his existence.

Mister M
Mar 26, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

I like the Casablanca/Casablancas joke, myself.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The first episode of Play It Again, Dick is out now : http://bit.ly/playitagain1

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Oasx posted:

The first episode of Play It Again, Dick is out now : http://bit.ly/playitagain1

I liked it! It was cute. It's almost a cringe-show, but everyone's so bubbly and likable that it stays positive and light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I get the sense that the series is going to end up being a lot more amusing for TV nerds, but I thought it was funny :3: I'm still hoping that Enrico Colantoni is going to be reprising his role from the Veronica Mars Kickstarter video.

• Locked thread