Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

colas posted:

Do you have to use high-end headphones to really enjoy this?
Not necessarily. Sennheiser Momentums are my traveling cans (my ears appreciate their treble roll off).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got this yesterday but it still counts:

Novation Mininova Analog Modeling Synthesizer

It owns so far and I've had a lot of fun playing with it. I still haven't even heard half the drat presets because I've been tinkering around with the first half. And the vocoder is a real treat because I've never had one before.

Does it have an output to use a separate keyboard? I hate the mini keys which is a shame because a lot of these synths have some cool abilities. I had a Microkorg but got rid of it because I couldn't handle the menu diving.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

spookygonk posted:

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

$200! $200? Really?

I mean good for you for getting it cheap but I cant believe there's a market for this. Do people really prefer it to, say, a sandisk sansa and $150 of music?

Crazy!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Some impulse buys:

They're probably going to fall apart within a few months, but they were $10, so they're good enough until I find/can afford some better chocolate brown oxfords.

I mean, come on.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Daimo posted:

$200! $200? Really?

I mean good for you for getting it cheap but I cant believe there's a market for this. Do people really prefer it to, say, a sandisk sansa and $150 of music?

Crazy!

I bought a Fiio portable headphone amp for my laptop to use as a USB soundcard, and for my portable music keyboard since the outputs had a fair bit of noise. It did a great job at cleaning them both up, and then I tried using it with my Lumia 920 and some Amon Tobin. I don't consider myself an audiophile, but the difference was pretty huge. Noticeable (for me) to the point where I'm considering picking up a dedicated MP3 player with a good DAC. I can't really rationalize the cost since I'm saving up for another big purchase, but I'm always looking at what companies are putting out until someone includes all the features I want in a package I want, since it's the kind of thing I'm only going to buy once.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I Might Be Adam posted:

Does it have an output to use a separate keyboard? I hate the mini keys which is a shame because a lot of these synths have some cool abilities. I had a Microkorg but got rid of it because I couldn't handle the menu diving.
There hasn't been all that much menu diving so far. Of course, like I said, I'm still learning all the different stuff it does.

You probably could use it as a separate keyboard. What would you need for it to do that? It has a USB port and I was able to set it up as a MIDI controller in Ableton yesterday, although I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to or not.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

GTi_guy posted:

I don't think I follow you correctly, but there's an entrance from the garage into the house.

It's just that to walk from your mailbox to your front door you have to walk around the two car garage. It seems a little weird to hide your house behind a place to store cars.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Peanut President posted:

It's just that to walk from your mailbox to your front door you have to walk around the two car garage. It seems a little weird to hide your house behind a place to store cars.

Call me crazy but that looks like a normal-rear end house to me! I see a lot of garages that stick out past the front door.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Due to the angle of the picture the depth is pretty hard to judge, but that walkway is definitely not the entire length of a garage. It looks to be 8-10 feet at most, there's only like 3 steps with a very small platform. Most of the garage is probably tucked into the house and only the front portion sticks out. If you pulled up and parked right in front of the left garage door it would only be like 10 steps to the front door.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Peanut President posted:

It's an incredibly common design in planned communities where the architects need to be very efficient with their use of space.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

I Might Be Adam posted:

It has MIDI In, so yes. Any keyboard with MIDI Out could be used. I'm with you on mini keys.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

It's an incredibly common design in planned communities where the architects need to be very efficient with their use of space.

This whole exchange is really strange. I've seen plenty of houses and townhouses with a front door even further back than the garage. There's a little path that leads to the door and the garage kinda juts out.

colas has a new favorite as of 05:10 on May 8, 2014

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

My current sony mdr v150 headphones broke so for my birthday I got this beauty:

I can't wait to try it out!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Had a bit of extra cash this week so I indulged and bought a bunch of stuff

Patches! Various metal-related ones from here:

And some anime ones for my wife and her friend from etsy:

Stickers (from etsy again):

Some clothes for my wife:

(just the dark blue one in the middle)

I also got some Mob Grip grip tape and some 'vintage' Hook-Ups stickers but don't have any photos.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Those panties gotta make for an interesting story.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

'Stache is getting a little out of control, and I was looking for something else to add on to get free prime shipping.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Peanut President posted:

I dunno where you live but pretty much every "starter house" is shaped just like this.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Brings new meaning to lbd.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

SEKCobra posted:

Those panties gotta make for an interesting story.

I don't know if it's interesting but here is the story behind them.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

XCPuff posted:

I dunno where you live but pretty much every "starter house" is shaped just like this.

Any house on a narrow lot is shaped like that just because they want to maximize space between houses. Beyond that, I don't see why it would be an issue since most people enter their own house through the garage that they park their car in.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
My girlfriend and I have fancy Memorial Day plans in New Orleans so I bought a new suit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Vince Videogames posted:

My current sony mdr v150 headphones broke so for my birthday I got this beauty:

I can't wait to try it out!

I had these for DJing and audio production, then my roommate pissed on them in his sleep. I had him buy me the same pair again. They're amazing sound-wise, but also they're the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried on.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

rockcity posted:

Any house on a narrow lot is shaped like that just because they want to maximize space between houses. Beyond that, I don't see why it would be an issue since most people enter their own house through the garage that they park their car in.

Also if the garage simply wasn't there, you'd still have to walk around the two cars parked in the same place the garage exists anyway.

I bought tickets to see Michael Ian Black in D.C. for the fourth time.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

'Stache is getting a little out of control, and I was looking for something else to add on to get free prime shipping.

That wax is insanely stiff, I can't get it worked in without running hot water over the tin and using a little comb to even it out. It does have decent hold though.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...

(I bought a tin that is half this size - 1.75 ounces instead of 3.5 since gently caress spending $25 on tobacco.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

overdesigned posted:

My girlfriend and I have fancy Memorial Day plans in New Orleans so I bought a new suit.

Dapper as gently caress! What are y'all's fancy plans here? :)

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
So I've been wondering what to get my mom for her birthday. A friend of mine had a wood chart of the Chesapeake Bay on her wall, and it was freaking gorgeous! I asked my friend who made it and she said it was from a company called Below the Boat. I browsed their website and found this:

I grew up in Tahoe and my mom loves it there so I think this is the perfect gift for her. (I bought one for myself too)

http://www.belowtheboat.com/

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

My birthday is soon, also starting a paid internship. Probably buing a Tubemagic D1+ DAC / headphone amp soon.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Dapper as gently caress! What are y'all's fancy plans here? :)

We have dinner reservations at Commander's Palace, we'll probably do some other food-related tourism because that's sort of Our Thing I guess. If you've got further recommendations I'm all ears.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

overdesigned posted:

We have dinner reservations at Commander's Palace, we'll probably do some other food-related tourism because that's sort of Our Thing I guess. If you've got further recommendations I'm all ears.
Nice! That is fancy! If you're doing food tourism, get po-boys from both Mother's (Downtown) and Parkway Bakery (Mid-City). Booty's (Marigny) always has different specials from all different types of cusines and they're pretty much all delicious. Get some Vietnamese food, too. There's a lot to choose from but my personal favorite is Magasin on Magazine Street (Garden District). I also love and frequent Dat Dog (2 locations in the Garden District and 1 in Marigny), a hot dog joint that has lots of different types of dogs from regular franks to local hot sausage and alligator sausage to international stuff like Polish kielbasa. You can even get crawfish etouffee (a local staple) as a topping on your dog there! And speaking of joints, The Joint in Bywater has some of the best BBQ I have ever had in my life, and I've had BBQ in several different states known for their BBQ. And if you're looking for a good burger, try Company Burger (Garden District) or Atomic Burger (Metairie). Atomic Burger is pretty new (just opened in November) and seems like it could and should be a nationwide burger chain because of its setup and how good it is, but this is the only location so far. They have these liquid nitrogen shakes there that are some of the best shakes I've ever had anywhere. For pizza, Reginellis (locations in the Garden District, Uptown, Downtown, Lakeview, etc.), Pizza Delicious (Bywater), Mardi Gras World (Bywater) and Brooklyn Pizzeria (Metairie) are some of my favorites.

Basically for any kind of food you want, there's at least one standout restaurant in the area that has it haha

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 20:31 on May 8, 2014

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Alright I got this.

I'm teaching PUA lessons for those nice guys sick of getting friendzoned, and what good would I be without a trilby?

This replacement should increase output by 15%

Good enough for the office, with jeans, in a wedding, AND the beach? Sign me the gently caress UP

Tickets to see David Mitchell

I'm broke and my marriage isn't going so well, so I figured I deserve this

Masterful troll or neckbeard king? You decide.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What the hell is the second thing?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

A bicycle stem (the part that connects the fork to the handlebars). It's a ridiculously high angle, though.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Coffee And Pie posted:

Based on the surrounding images, it's probably a weapon for subduing seducing women.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Tickets for my wife and I to go see Veruca Salt in September. 90s grunge :)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

overdesigned posted:

Rageaholic Monkey is on the money about all his recommendations, but feel free to ask in the Louisiana thread for more :buddy:

On topic, I bought a lot and am building a house on it :derp:

The garage is in the back so as not to offend anyone who doesn't want to walk past cars.

VVVVVVVVVVV :lol: if you think anyone in the nola area can have a basement. If I dig a hole I'll hit water in about 5 minutes.

beanieson has a new favorite as of 21:29 on May 8, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I give no fucks about garage placement, but it looks like you're going for a slab, and not a proper basement. That offends me mightily. :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

beanieson posted:

The garage is in the back so as not to offend anyone who doesn't want to walk past cars.

A proper american.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

beanieson posted:

Rageaholic Monkey is on the money about all his recommendations, but feel free to ask in the Louisiana thread for more :buddy:
Man, I'm gonna have to read through this entire thing. I saw this a few months ago having never known it was there before, but I didn't read through it all. Maybe I'll make some NOLA goon friends :v: The only local goons I know IRL are those who were friends of mine before they joined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

I give no fucks about garage placement, but it looks like you're going for a slab, and not a proper basement. That offends me mightily. :colbert:

Here in Texas nobody builds basements for two reasons. One you only have to go down past the freeze line and unlike in the north where that is couple feet down, we only have to go down like 6in so they are not as cost effective as a slab and building above ground. Second the ground moves like no other down here so a basement is just a bad idea. Foundation repair is almost guaranteed to be needed and a basement would mean cracked walls/much worse structure problems.

Also garage in the back is the way to go if you have a bunch of tools/expensive stuff. No need to advertise to anyone driving by while you're working out there.