Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Please watch Archer.

So what you guys are really saying is that you want a cartoon character voiced by Aisha Taylor to host LLS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

So what you guys are really saying is that you want a cartoon character voiced by Aisha Taylor to host LLS.

She's a pretty decent conversationalist and interviewer, actually. Her podcast is really good:

http://girlonguy.net/podcast/

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Irish Joe posted:

I'd be okay with this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Irish Joe posted:

If Space Ghost can do it...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Megazver posted:

No, no she's not. You're just being grumpy because she's not your boo-boo Drew. It's okay, man. It's cool. She doesn't need to be.

Yeah, I really don't get all of the hate for Aisha Tyler as host of Whose Line. The mix of games and the reliance on guest stars made the first season feel a bit off, but I feel like she's really been doing well as host, especially now that the whole show is feeling a bit more natural. It definitely does feel like a lot of people just harp on that because it's the one obvious change.

I think she'd be great as host of LLS, too. (Unless it interferes with Whose Line, I'm so happy to have it back!)

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 8, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

mikeycp posted:

If Space Ghost can do it...

Only person I could accept over Aisha Tyler

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wait, what? Whose Line is back on? When and what channel?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Wait, what? Whose Line is back on? When and what channel?

CW on Fridays! Partway through the second season currently! (Or, 10th season, depending on how you look at it.)

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Every episode of Whose Line is at this site: http://whoselineonline.org/ Up through April 4 of this season, anyway. I only mention it because I was a huge fan of the show and still never knew about the site. When I first learned about it I pretty much disappeared from society for a week.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 8, 2014

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Agent Escalus posted:

The ratings are not only very strong, they're surprising: he's had very little drop-off in most demographics, especially the important ones (like 18-49). And that's just for the American TV audience; who knows how high the numbers are for online streaming and non-US carriers (CTV does it here in Canada).

That's good to hear. One thing that irks me though. Who the hell is the idiot on the mic that seems to solely exist to laugh and parrot back every thing Jimmy says? I assume he is there to play the Paul Schafer/fat dude that sits with Conan role but do people actually like the idiots that play these roles? They are never funny and they add zero value.

Von Sloneker posted:

Every episode of Whose Line is at this site: http://whoselineonline.org/ Up through April 4 of this season, anyway.

Praying this is not region-locked.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Steve Higgins is awesome. As are Andy Richter, Paul Shaffer and Geoff Peterson.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I actually don't much care for sidekicks in late night, but Geoff is as integral to TLLS as Craig.

Edit: Craig should bequeath Geoff to Colbert when he leaves.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Steve Vader posted:

Steve Higgins is awesome. As are Andy Richter, Paul Shaffer and Geoff Peterson.
Higgins is so drat sharp and on the ball with ad-libbed quips that are usually even funnier than Jimmy's jokes that xcore should be ashamed at what he just posted.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Megazver posted:

No, no she's not. You're just being grumpy because she's not your boo-boo Drew. It's okay, man. It's cool. She doesn't need to be.

I definitely didn't want another Drew. Another Clive might have been okay, but really I was looking for a new host who could put a new spin on the role, and she didn't. Honestly, part of my problem is that she IS trying to be Drew on the show, constantly parroting the "and the points don't matter" crap only she doesn't participate in the games (which I'm fine with), doesn't make as many cornball jokes (again, fine), and is stiff, awkward, and doesn't seem to be enjoying herself (this is the problem!) But, as I suggested, she may very well be better in other things. Maybe a late night talk show is right for her.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

rujasu posted:

Honestly, part of my problem is that she IS trying to be Drew on the show, constantly parroting the "and the points don't matter" crap

Seriously? You think she's trying to be Drew because she says the scripted catchphrase that the US version has always had?

I would like it if she participated in the games. But I don't think Clive ever did, either. So if you don't want her trying to be Drew...

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 8, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I think we can throw in Joel McHale's hat in now for Craig's job.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Last night was the best Fallon in a long time. Louis told his boat story, then Jack White and Neil Young came out and unveiled this crazy recording booth from 1947. Then Neil played and recorded a song in it.

Neil Young "Crazy"

Watch the whole show though. Great great stuff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, WikiBear is the funniest thing to come out of Conan's TBS show so far. I couldn't stop laughing at it the first time he introduced it and it was on again tonight and now I can't stop laughing once again.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Conan re-upped through 2018. I guess it's successful enough still for TBS.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

Conan re-upped through 2018. I guess it's successful enough still for TBS.

Good news for Conan but it is getting harder and harder for me to watch it. I used to never miss an episode but now I have them pile up on my dvr 10 at a time before I watch the monologue then delete them. I still love the guy and think he can be hilarious but he needs to do something to freshen up the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like a bunch of stupid rear end puppets.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

loudog999 posted:

Good news for Conan but it is getting harder and harder for me to watch it. I used to never miss an episode but now I have them pile up on my dvr 10 at a time before I watch the monologue then delete them. I still love the guy and think he can be hilarious but he needs to do something to freshen up the show.

WikiBear disagrees with you.

Conan will be taping some shows at Comic Con next year.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 14, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Dr Tran posted:

I think we can throw in Joel McHale's hat in now for Craig's job.

I think I would be pretty alright with this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seriously y'all, watch this poo poo, especially if you feel like you've lost faith in Conan's show. And here's the first WikiBear segment he did too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SfSx9ts46A

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Seriously y'all, watch this poo poo, especially if you feel like you've lost faith in Conan's show. And here's the first WikiBear segment he did too:

I watched the second one first because it was linked first and it was okay, but holy poo poo the original is loving gold.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I agree that Wikibear is pretty funny, definitely harkens back to the Late Night days of old. That being said, he's had quite a few bits that he's done in the last year or so that satisfied that old Conan nostalgia for me, as well.
Some of them I've mentioned before, such as Pawksatawny Dr. Phil and Minty the Candy Cane. Also, more recently, the "Remember When?" bits are just straight-up classic, weird Conan and the "Things No One Has Said Ever" bit is kind of a spiritual successor to the Year 2000 segment.

I still miss Actual Items, Celebrity Secrets, Brian McCann, Joel and Max, etc. etc. but I agree everyone should really continue to watch because he's still putting out some great stuff, it can just seem a little more sparse from time to time.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 14, 2014

Polkergeist
Sep 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/466637645590716416

Joel McHale has the Late Late Show. Color me excited.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
What a weird choice. McHale's isn't even that good on The Soup. He's like a slightly less terrible version of Chris Hardwick.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Every news site is citing Norm MacDonald tweets as their singular confirmatory source, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'll be happy if it's true, though!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Irish Joe posted:

What a weird choice. McHale's isn't even that good on The Soup. He's like a slightly less terrible version of Chris Hardwick.
Yeah, I think he's pretty awkward and a bit jerkish in interviews, so I can't see him being a very likable host of a talk show. He's great on The Soup, though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If they get Joel McHale I hope he hosts the show just like he hosted that embarrassing VGX bullshit.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/05/joel-mchale-white-house-correspondents-dinner

Here's his performance at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Supercar Gautier posted:

Every news site is citing Norm MacDonald tweets as their singular confirmatory source, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'll be happy if it's true, though!

Check out @joelmchale's Tweet: https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/466564390503079936

He's with Les and Julie. Not sure what to think of it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, mother of god. Jimmy Fallon was answering audience suggestions tonight and someone wrote in that they wanted to see Big Mouth Billy Bass recreated live, and Jimmy said he couldn't do that but he could do Big Mouth Lance Bass. He brought out Lance Bass laying perfectly flat face down on this big plaque above a fake fireplace, then Jimmy pressed a red button beneath him and Lance started flopping around and singing Take Me To The River.

This loving show :allears:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

loudog999 posted:

On the other hand, I wish he'd do more shows. Every other week it seems he's doing a half or three fourths of a week.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Norm MacDonald killed on Conan tonight. He shittalked everybody who was allegedly up for the Ferguson job, then held his own 60 second audition for the job with help from Fred Willard (who appeared out of nowhere).

Then he complained about Oscar Pistorius's fake legs.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Gonz posted:

Norm MacDonald killed on Conan tonight. He shittalked everybody who was allegedly up for the Ferguson job, then held his own 60 second audition for the job with help from Fred Willard (who appeared out of nowhere).

Then he complained about Oscar Pistorius's fake legs.

I love Norm's shaggy dog jokes and sticking around to be a dick to the next guest. I'm so glad that Conan continues to let him do both of these things.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BOX OFFICE POISON!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Robnoxious posted:

BOX OFFICE POISON!

Norm and Tracy Morgan are my favorite Conan guests. Easily.

But goddamn, what the gently caress is with his loving trailers now. At least he capped this one with a googly eye joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robnoxious posted:

BOX OFFICE POISON!
Somebody tweeted that video a few days ago and Norm retweeted it, so I had to watch it. It had been a few years since I last saw it, but god drat, I could not stop laughing. I nearly cried at one point. That segment is timeless.