Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Hi guys! I went to sleep early last night.

(a) I'm the cop
(b) bowmore is town (I investigated Uradd N1, which is why I was originally suspicious of Pecota going from Foo to Uradd)
(c) pretty sure yuming is scum

:chillpill:

!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you Murmur Twin.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote yuming

I don't think scum would counter and basically stick themselves in a 1-for-1 position, especially down a player from day 1

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ixtlilton posted:

Murmur Twin's vote on her, however, looks like a scum who doesn't want to vote someone who they think is cool and they like, but they're an easy target.

My vote on yuming was town who doesn't want to vote someone who they think is cool and they like, but is pretty sure they're scum. And that was just from the case on Poque, nevermind the cop fakeclaim.

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't even know man, he didn't even post calling Foo scum until after derp retracted it, so I thought her stuff was about something else and re-read it more closely. It was a pretty town yuming case imo, just from the way she went about it, and displayed her Town Associated Behavioral Patterns.

How is her scum game different from what you've seen here?

Poque posted:

##vote yuming

I don't think scum would counter and basically stick themselves in a 1-for-1 position, especially down a player from day 1

Yeah, if yuming really was a cop, the only reason for me to claim is if I'm scum. If I were scum I would have just let bowmore get lynched.

bowmore posted:

Thank you Murmur Twin.

;-*

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Murmur Twin posted:

My vote on yuming was town who doesn't want to vote someone who they think is cool and they like, but is pretty sure they're scum. And that was just from the case on Poque, nevermind the cop fakeclaim.

How is her scum game different from what you've seen here?

Yeah, if yuming really was a cop, the only reason for me to claim is if I'm scum. If I were scum I would have just let bowmore get lynched.

;-*

Town yuming plays connections and that kind of stuff more, scum yuming plays feelings in my experience. Also, you're misreading the game if you thought bowmore was getting lynched today over you without these claims.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

there could be also shenanigans with two cops. Do either of your cops have caveats to the use? Also, what was the flavor behind each of your abilities?

Ixtlilton posted:

Town yuming plays connections and that kind of stuff more, scum yuming plays feelings in my experience. Also, you're misreading the game if you thought bowmore was getting lynched today over you without these claims.

I disagree, I think bowmore gets lynched today if Murmur hadn't counterclaimed. That vote on yuming was very bizarre.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

there could be also shenanigans with two cops. Do either of your cops have caveats to the use? Also, what was the flavor behind each of your abilities?

this is not me saying that this is in any way likely enough that it would justify neither getting the axe, it's just another possibility to the "if yuming really was a cop" game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
and also please let them answer before throwing in the whole "flavor arguments are bad arguments" because of reasons~~ :sun:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

##vote yuming

I was buying yuming's claim yesterday because if it was fake, it was basically guaranteeing that someone would counter and set up that kind of a 1-for-1. It at least kinda makes sense for yuming since she was pinned into a corner and could go for the longshot no cop in the game idea or something, it makes zero sense for Murmur to lie about here. ##vote yuming

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also - if this is insane cop/sane cop shenanigans then we'll have a flipped cop of one alignment and two town investigations on 50/bowmore. Looking for the horse here and not the zebra, though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

Also - if this is insane cop/sane cop shenanigans then we'll have a flipped cop of one alignment and two town investigations on 50/bowmore. Looking for the horse here and not the zebra, though.

yep, agree totally. But while that wouldn't be given to the player, other caveats might, such as it being an xshot ability or like you can only investigate girls or something. I'm thinking back to $8's Golden Ray game where almost every ability had some usage caveat attached to it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi. i tracked yuming to 50 last night. mt is scum lying

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:catstare:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ahahaha what the gently caress ##unvote

derp, can you please tell me that you're 100% for real before I start gloating about literally voting only the scumteam the entire game if it's Murmur/bowmore?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also a friendly note that a fake scum cop would've chosen their fake cop target as the person they actually targeted. the possibility still remains that yuming is a roleblocker or something else and visited 50 last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Connections like Poque believing derp's lie even though a quick read shows that couldn't have been the case?

With bowmore I probably would have piled onto other people's cases/votes against him. You, PoP, and yuming were all casing/voting for him before I claimed. I'dve gone with stuff like "he was idle D1!" and "nice OMGUS on yuming!" and such. But I didn't, because I'm not scum.

Poque posted:

I brought an extra lipstick pen into the game which makes me more confident at telling who is/isn't really sickening. I'm a 3x-shot cop.

uranus posted:

Poque posted:

also a friendly note that a fake scum cop would've chosen their fake cop target as the person they actually targeted. the possibility still remains that yuming is a roleblocker or something else and visited 50 last night.

This.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 8, 2014

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry, that last edit was just me clarifying I was talking about bowmore in the second sentence of my first point above. I am a bad drag queen :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry, that last edit was just me clarifying I was talking about bowmore in the second sentence of my first point above. I am a bad drag queen :(

Still had it open, the original top part of the post said

"Connections like Poque believing derp's lie even though a quick read shows that couldn't have been the case?

I mean, I probably would have piled onto other people's cases/votes against him. You, PoP, and yuming were all casing/voting for him before I claimed. I'dve gone with stuff like "he was idle D1!" and "nice OMGUS on yuming!" and such."

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm posting from my phone on break!

I don't see a scum motivation for Murmur claiming here. Different sanities is best bet, and I still think bowmore is scum!

I probably won't be around at EOD, or much at all this evening tbh.

Also suspicious of Poque still.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i am not making this up, i tracked yuming cause i thought she was maybe bad but she had no heat so would be a good choice to make the kill, i tracked her to 50. mt is scum, possibly with poque

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

I'm posting from my phone on break!

I don't see a scum motivation for Murmur claiming here. Different sanities is best bet, and I still think bowmore is scum!

I probably won't be around at EOD, or much at all this evening tbh.

Also suspicious of Poque still.

actually uh this post is weird and makes me doubt myself

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
like seriously any town player would be flipping out and 100% certain mt is scum. anyone who's ever been cc'd knows this. poo poo yuming especially should be going crazy right now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

i am not making this up, i tracked yuming cause i thought she was maybe bad but she had no heat so would be a good choice to make the kill, i tracked her to 50. mt is scum, possibly with poque

I don't know if this is in response to me but I never questioned the validity of your tracker claim or that you tracked yuming at all. I'm pointing out that a scum with a power role who was getting heavily cased and got to -1 would probably throw out a claim, and in case there were a tracker, would claim their actual target.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

like seriously any town player would be flipping out and 100% certain mt is scum. anyone who's ever been cc'd knows this. poo poo yuming especially should be going crazy right now

how on earth does this make any sense at all? yuming claimed cop and Murmur countered, where is the scum motivation in that? Especially for a scumteam that's already down a member from Foo getting lynched on day 1? That's throwing yourself into 100% certainty lynch mode on day 3 just for a chance to lynch the cop on day 2. It makes no sense.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Poque posted:

how on earth does this make any sense at all? yuming claimed cop and Murmur countered, where is the scum motivation in that? Especially for a scumteam that's already down a member from Foo getting lynched on day 1? That's throwing yourself into 100% certainty lynch mode on day 3 just for a chance to lynch the cop on day 2. It makes no sense.
^^ this is my thinking as well.

And I'm off!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

im saying yumings behavior here is strange, if she was really town cop she'd be screaming scum at murmur for ccing not saying 'well gosh maybe there is two cops'

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

im saying yumings behavior here is strange, if she was really town cop she'd be screaming scum at murmur for ccing not saying 'well gosh maybe there is two cops'

oh that makes a lot more sense, I thought that was a separate thought. gotcha.

in yuming's defense though, I've seen that happen. Big Nothing and I were both trackers, and when I countered his claim he believed it and we were both town.

yuming, what's your role item?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Murmur Twin posted:

Murmur Twin hosed around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 11:35

You are lucky my dear that your edit was small, the changes were shown in the thread and Michelle Novage thought that you should still remain in the game. You have been warned that if you or anyone, ANYONE, edits a post again they will be disqualified from the competition (modkilled) without mercy. I take the credibility of my show very seriously (unless the producers are editing confessionals).

The episode continues...

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

yuming (3): Poque, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, Asiina, bowmore, bowmore, Poque, Asiina, Poque, Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota
Murmur Twin (2): Power of Pecota, Ixtlilton, uranus, Power of Pecota
Ixtlilton (1): bowmore
Power of Pecota (1): kaschei, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
bowmore (1): yuming, Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota
Poque (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (2): Asiina, Power of Pecota

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 1 minute.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

That's an interesting thing!

Yuming could be a role cop!

I like the lynch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

50 pounds of bread posted:

That's an interesting thing!

Yuming could be a role cop!

I like the lynch.

she could be anything. science tells us that!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I just found out I'm working through deadline tonight and I have to go now, yaaaaay.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

uranus posted:

uranus posted:

uranus posted:

This reads to me as scum trying to get two cops lynched.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I can't see any reason to act so credulous in thinking that "yuming visited who she said she did" implies that "yuming's action is what she says it is." And it wouldn't be the first time a real cop had been CC'd by a real cop either.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Yuming

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I think I found the scum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

50 pounds of bread posted:

I think I found the scum.
just because yuming said you are town does not mean she is town

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

yuming (4): Poque, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, Asiina, bowmore, bowmore, Poque, Asiina, Poque, Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota, bowmore
Murmur Twin (2): Power of Pecota, Ixtlilton, uranus, Power of Pecota
Power of Pecota (1): kaschei, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
bowmore (1): yuming, Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota
Ixtlilton (0): bowmore, bowmore
Poque (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (2): Asiina, Power of Pecota

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 57 minutes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Unless something big changes I'm voting yuming tonight, her claim makes way more sense than Murmur's as a hail mary fakeclaim.

kaschei posted:

This reads to me as scum trying to get two cops lynched.

kaschei posted:

I can't see any reason to act so credulous in thinking that "yuming visited who she said she did" implies that "yuming's action is what she says it is." And it wouldn't be the first time a real cop had been CC'd by a real cop either.

This seems like a really weird point to latch onto right now, especially with the whole "everyone who didn't vote for Foo D1 is a cop or cleared by a cop" implication and your vote still on me with no explanation a few hours from deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

bowmore posted:

just because yuming said you are town does not mean she is town

I wasn't talking about you.

Is your conscience clean?

• Locked thread