Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Captain Bravo posted:

I keep seeing people say you can get Bannertech from ghost boxes, but I already have two Bannertech recipes just from leveling my crafter. At 13 or 14 he learned the Bannertech Accelerator, and then on the next level the Bannertech Adrenal Enhancer, or something like that. One takes a Madame Deathstrike Medal, the other a Doc Ock.

When people say "Bannertech" they are referring to the Advanced Bannertech Accelerator 99% of the time. The recipe for it is only available in Ghost boxes and it was part of a number of heroes' BiS kits pre-2.43. Now, it's decent for some movement builds, but it's no longer in any other BiS list, so there's not such a pressing need to roll hundreds of Ghost boxes for the recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I'm pretty sure I vendored an Advanced Bannertech recipe once. :( I don't know which one, but I clearly remember seeing the word Recipe in the tooltip before it was gone forever. Started paying a lot more attention to my icons after that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Captain Bravo posted:

What do you want to bet they slipped in a silent nerf to active DoT power's Konshu procs here? Has anyone tested out their fields+melee build since the update?

Nobody mentioned it on the TC that I know of (it was mostly about Lemuria procs), but that would be good to find out ASAP

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm 20 marks from my 15th (?) legendary and I don't want another goddamn Gungir. I have 10 Gungnirs, a Warlock's Eye (Emma), Excalibur (Wolferine), M'kraan (Iron Man) and a Nullifier (Hawkeye...it's whatever).

I'm going to get a Shield of Perseus. And I'm going to give it to Thing. gently caress the haters.

You've got your crashdown power, Donkey Kong ground-pound, headbutt, Hulk dash and goatse buff. My new project is to make Thing unkillable for when taunts actually work properly. Wish me luck goons.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I'm doing a thing movement build at the moment- actually saw on the forums pyronic is running the exact same thing. His uniques are godawful so I think he's getting the following:

Satan Claw
Nate's/symbiote
Girdle of Frost Giant
Footstigons
Facet

He is so completely undeserving of those nice things.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If you're running a phys damage movement based power as one of your main attacks, I can't think of 4 artifacts that would be better than Adv Bannertech. ACCoC is about the only thing I can imagine is flat-out better.

That being said, unless you're a completionist and have to have all recipes you should be able to get one from the numerous people who can craft them in the guild.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I wonder if the 'Juggernaught's not participating in Bounty Hunter week' thing is because Black Tom's Shillelagh is his unique drop, and it got turned on early somehow.

Although I guess that would mean the Mental Focus Headband is MODOK's unique item, I guess, right?

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I wonder if the 'Juggernaught's not participating in Bounty Hunter week' thing is because Black Tom's Shillelagh is his unique drop, and it got turned on early somehow.

Although I guess that would mean the Mental Focus Headband is MODOK's unique item, I guess, right?

Both of those things are true, but the not participating I think means he doesn't drop the currency for the event.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Slot 3, why???? They just added the Kraven belt. Where is the any hero slot 1 for pet damage, mr Gaz??? where is it???

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Phyresis posted:

Slot 3, why???? They just added the Kraven belt. Where is the any hero slot 1 for pet damage, mr Gaz??? where is it???

That's actually a really good pet-build item. I might even use it over a Kraven, although an any-hero slot 1 in addition would be great.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

They need to add more pet focused characters, SQ's rebuild is the closest thing, Loki's illusions don't really cut it and stuff like BP's bodyguards don't do enough for these hundreds of +pet items to be worth it. Bring in Nick Fury with a squad of SHIELD agents.

Emno
Apr 4, 2009
mispost

Emno fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 8, 2014

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

alansmithee posted:

All the stupid unique drops from terminals was the thing that was burning me out already (seriously roughly 250 Jugg runs, 150 Kurse, 50 Kingpin, and 20 or so Loki during the big 10 event and nothing but 3 Loki runes to show?) and just adding stupid chase artifacts to all the bosses isn't really making me want to play any more. It already seems you need 500+ runs to get anything "rare" (which isn't even guaranteed) which wouldn't be so bad if you had an assortment to run, but being stuck grinding one boss repeatedly gets old quick. And I know that DII had boss runs but it also had bots since I wasn't gonna manually run the thousands of pindles/baals needed to get anything. So if they wanna encourage botting I guess good on them? And the way the boss runs are set up it's not even like the situation before where you can group for different cosmic clears since (to my knowledge) the chests aren't boss rolls so it's just more efficient to turbo run to the boss and kill him.

One of the advantages I always thought before was that there were numerous ways to gear at endgame-you could do Xdef, cosmics, or reds and still have largely the same chance at getting gear (outside of Hod and Gok which were special cases). Now with so many things tied to particular cosmic bosses, everything is gonna be boss runs.

I like it because I do every terminal twice a day and, even if it's dumb, it gives me hope each time I run them. Hopefully they add a reason to do different cosmics so it becomes less farming and more a possible extra bonus for doing different cosmic terminals.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

They need to add more pet focused characters, SQ's rebuild is the closest thing, Loki's illusions don't really cut it and stuff like BP's bodyguards don't do enough for these hundreds of +pet items to be worth it. Bring in Nick Fury with a squad of SHIELD agents.

Nick should be the opposite pet-based character from SG: He always has a squad of troopers out (~24) replenishing at a set rate but they're lovely so when one dies he gets a stacking DR/Def/whatever buff and if you get it up to 100 stacks it spawns a sci-fi-motorcycle with missile launchers and lazer beams you can roll around on (after doffing your shirt, natch).

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Xavier could be the next Taskmaster. Give him three trees of just summoning Xmen and no actual combat skills of his own, except maybe a handgun.

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
So I pulled the new team-up Spider-Man from my advance pack fortune cards. Except, he's not Back-in-Black Spider-Man.

gj Gaz

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Oh no, he's worst costume spiderman instead!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

So I pulled the new team-up Spider-Man from my advance pack fortune cards. Except, he's not Back-in-Black Spider-Man.

gj Gaz
That's actually back in black spiderman. He's just wearing a different costume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

WarLocke posted:

MODOK also has the Doomsday Chair, which is a unique item rather than an artifact. No idea how it counts for these purposes though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

WarLocke posted:

That's actually a really good pet-build item. I might even use it over a Kraven, although an any-hero slot 1 in addition would be great.

There's also the option of the novelty Frost Giant summoning belt.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ryolnir said he would post all the new unis and artis from the terminal bosses AFTER his morning meeting. It's our job to beat him to the punch and find them all.

I'd say we have 24-48 hours before he posts. Leggo.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Is there traction on the forums for fixing the fact that summons don't proc "on hit" chance items? It really appears that's the intention based on the way itemization is set up but these 1% chance to procs that are loaded all over pet damage items just don't really proc for SG right now (and, conversely, the symbiotes proc way too much).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Largepotato posted:

There's also the option of the novelty Frost Giant summoning belt.

Or just using the heroes' normal uniques. SG's utility belt is better than both Kraven and the new Sinister unique. I don't know if RR's are, though.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Not sure if this got posted, but Beta Ray Bill team-up before the 1st anniversary.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

WarLocke posted:

Nick should be the opposite pet-based character from SG: He always has a squad of troopers out (~24) replenishing at a set rate but they're lovely so when one dies he gets a stacking DR/Def/whatever buff and if you get it up to 100 stacks it spawns a sci-fi-motorcycle with missile launchers and lazer beams you can roll around on (after doffing your shirt, natch).

Give him a unique Shirtlessness resource that builds up as he attacks (shirt weakened due to being swole) and gets hit(self explanatory), and when it fills up you can activate either a motorcycle ability like yours that eats up your meter slowly, or a helicarrier strike that consumes the whole thing and bombards the area for a short time.

Activating his Light A Cigar move during the helicarrier strike gives a DR/CDR/Spirit regen buff. The buff is doubled if your back is facing the explosions.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I don't know if you guys hate when people ask this, but what would a good melee character who does a lot of damage and doesn't die too easily be? I like the game a lot but I don't have a lot of connection to any particular superhero.

Also are the names in the OP still good for getting a supergroup invite?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Greggy posted:

I don't know if you guys hate when people ask this, but what would a good melee character who does a lot of damage and doesn't die too easily be? I like the game a lot but I don't have a lot of connection to any particular superhero.

Luke Cage or Ms. Marvel.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Greggy posted:

Taskmaster, Colossus, Ms. Marvel. I like Cap and Hulk but they take a while to come into their own.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aphrodite posted:

Luke Cage or Ms. Marvel.
Also Colossus (build Health, do a ton of damage and never die) and Moon Knight (punch hard, have a can't-kill-me button).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Nobody posted this quote from Ryolnir.

quote:

Mortal Strike will be suspended with next week's patch in order to fix various bugs and change some aspects of its implementation, as well as give it a very clear VFX on your hero to show when you are affected.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Thanks guys, I think I'll check out Luke Cage.
Though Colossus is tempting too :ohdear:

Greggy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 8, 2014

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

[quote=]
Fixed an issue where some passive DoTs would active some effects far too often and some would never activate them.

Fixed an issue with several passive DOT powers doing too little or too much damage depending on how they were programmed.
[/quote]

Quality patch notes as usual, I sure am looking forward to raids from people who hide nerfs and don't have a way to measure DPS in game.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Greggy posted:

Thanks guys, I think I'll check out Luke Cage.
Though Colossus is tempting too :ohdear:

Out of all the heroes listed I'm going to have to say that Taskmaster is the easiest, most damaging and survivable out of the box. He's also only 200 splinters. Best possible purchase in the game imo.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Out of all the heroes listed I'm going to have to say that Taskmaster is the easiest, most damaging and survivable out of the box. He's also only 200 splinters. Best possible purchase in the game imo.

I found Colossus to be more survivable than Task Master (even in Capt. America Stance) but Task Master is 10x more fun to play hands down.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Aw poo poo they didn't put in the MarvelNOW Moon Knight costume yet.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
finally got one of the new terminal drops:

From the Hood on Cosmic

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Pyronic posted:

From the Hood on Cosmic

Is it really that hard to create a "The Hood's Hood" artifact that lets you teleport as an alternative to the Ziggurat?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Pyronic posted:

From the Hood on Cosmic

Holy crap seriously? 108 health regen for 3 full seconds? And only on a 15 second cd? This has to be like BiS for almost everyone, another unique I'll have to grind for (bye stupid footstigons)

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Lux Aeterna posted:

I'm doing a thing movement build at the moment- actually saw on the forums pyronic is running the exact same thing. His uniques are godawful so I think he's getting the following:

Satan Claw
Nate's/symbiote
Girdle of Frost Giant
Footstigons
Facet

He is so completely undeserving of those nice things.

His belt gives +2 speed. Use that.

His helmet can give like +15 to brick yard headbutt, use that.

I'm using Satan's claw/footstigons/facet also though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elucidarius posted:

Oh man, is it really gone? I forgot to trade mine in. Guess I'll vendor them or something.
Gonna save mine for next year :spergin:

• Locked thread