Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I really want it to be Brunch's hometown so that Komatsu can get all his harem in one octopus. Also want to see Brunch post-timeskip, because I don't think he was in the chef corps spread when everyone left.

It would make a lot of sense if it is his hometown. The cloud dudes with the wheels are a type of Yokai, frog dude is probably an allusion to Kappas, and Brunch is obviously a Tengu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchi
Dec 6, 2002
I'll try not to get banned again...
New Chapter Out!!!! (275)

Getting very good!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

But what does this mean for Dapper Frog.

These are the sorts of questions that need to be answered.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crawfish posted:

But what does this mean for Dapper Frog.

These are the sorts of questions that need to be answered.

That wasn't OG Dapper Frog.

I'd say he was similar to the Poison Dolls, only...not poison.
Also would this mean that this isn't the bewitching food world?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

See that's what I thought, but poison man said he could only do two at a time, and if Toriko and Poison Man were both poison men at the time, what was up with undapper frog.

Thinking about it, didn't undapper frog dissolve into fog, making him fog frog. And if this is the case, what was up with the "You did a good job with Dapper frog there, Poison Bro" part near the end.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 23, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"Was the dapper frog the leech monsters sucked dry the real dapper frog" is a question that could only arise in this manga. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crawfish posted:

See that's what I thought, but poison man said he could only do two at a time, and if Toriko and Poison Man were both poison men at the time, what was up with undapper frog.

Thinking about it, didn't undapper frog dissolve into fog, making him fog frog. And if this is the case, what was up with the "You did a good job with Dapper frog there, Poison Bro" part near the end.

Dapper frog is off screen, believing so hard (and effortlessly, for a frog just believes) that he made a fog frog.
The mist has real substance to it, seeing as it became actual tasty food. So it wont be too farfetched to think the frog can imagine up a fully blooded substitute.

This is too much thought but damnit the dapper frog is worth at least that.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I think dapper frog was just another illusion of the boss

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I read it as Dapper Frog was real, got sucked up by illusion fog, and is now dead. Funny, floating, fat face dude isn't getting enough attention!

KoB
May 1, 2009

unprofessional posted:

I read it as Dapper Frog was real, got sucked up by illusion fog, and is now dead. Funny, floating, fat face dude isn't getting enough attention!

The real D. Frog wouldnt have let himself got hit with the laser, thats why Toriko brings it up.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I thought this Dapper Frog was a fake made by the leech monsters to lure Coco and Toriko in. The real Dapper Frog is still out there, somewhere, and he will show up to help our heroes and join their pirate crew :allears:.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I really like this setting, but feel kinda guilty because it moved from BIG BEASTS REND AND EAT to just cool Japanese food myths.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

pinegala posted:

I really like this setting, but feel kinda guilty because it moved from BIG BEASTS REND AND EAT to just cool Japanese food myths.

Nah, it's both. What did you think those leeches wanted to do to Coco?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

KoB posted:

The real D. Frog wouldnt have let himself got hit with the laser, thats why fake Toriko brings it up.

FTFY, which is really the hosed up part.

FWIW, Dapper Frog is likely behind it all.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I love that Dapper Frog is getting so much positive attention.

It will make it so much more heartbreaking when they kill him off/he grievously injures a main character/they show he never really existed to begin with and that we are all just idiots for believing.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Dapper frog and crew are probably the inspiration for GT robos and other things, so at least we'll be able to support that.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Dapper frog and crew are probably the inspiration for GT robos and other things, so at least we'll be able to support that.

I thought the inspiration for the GT Robos were the Nitro. They practically look the same.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

alkanphel posted:

I thought the inspiration for the GT Robos were the Nitro. They practically look the same.

I am now very disappointed that the GT Robos didn't have rad 'staches. :smith:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's ok. Nitro based GT Robos were the Bishokukai's first phase of their plan. Their next phase is Frog based GT Robos.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
GT Robos have strength, durability, and a variety of lasers. However, some ingredients are only obtainable by being dandy.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

GT Robos have strength, durability, and a variety of lasers. However, some ingredients are only obtainable by being dandy.

10 e-bucks says this is going to be revealed as canon within the next 20 chapters.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

no jump this week?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's Golden Week in Japan, so no.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 276 is out.
Mysterious frog is still alive!!! :woop:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
...Even after all the joking about cannibalism and stuff, I'm not entirely comfortable with the concept of cooking and eating what is essentially a large disembodied middle aged man head.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Holy poo poo

Dapper Frog is a main character for this arc

Also his Dapper Car is amazing. Melon Octopus Houseboat had his moments in this chapter too.

Honestly, this manga has fast become my favourite thing.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

AnonSpore posted:

...Even after all the joking about cannibalism and stuff, I'm not entirely comfortable with the concept of cooking and eating what is essentially a large disembodied middle aged man head.

Then you're not ready for the Gourmet World.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I love when we get the Hunger Demon threat panels. :allears:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

AnonSpore posted:

It's cool, man, they just drank its tears and ate the smoke it was riding on. Nothing weird.

It's great to see everyone enjoying ridiculous meals together just like old times.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Oh man. Toriko demon illusion, inner monologue about how special Komatsu is, and Dapper Frog one upping himself makes for an amazing chapter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alopex posted:

It's cool, man, they just drank its tears and ate the smoke it was riding on. Nothing weird.

It's great to see everyone enjoying ridiculous meals together just like old times.

But that tofu skin Komatsu used came from the "Tounyuudou's" faces. I'm all for drinking the tears of my enemies because that's :black101: as gently caress, but they just ate human-like faces and are relishing it. The leeches I can ignore, but that is a little unnerving.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Much like Common Sense, Ethics in the Gourmet World is like Whack-A-Mole.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr. Maltose posted:

Much like Common Sense, Ethics in the Gourmet World is like Whack-A-Mole.

It's gourmet eat gourmet.
And everything is a gourmet.

Also liking the hunger demon power up. That thing is properly scary now.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

But that tofu skin Komatsu used came from the "Tounyuudou's" faces. I'm all for drinking the tears of my enemies because that's :black101: as gently caress, but they just ate human-like faces and are relishing it. The leeches I can ignore, but that is a little unnerving.

it is from the smoke around him is how I read that

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Seebach posted:

it is from the smoke around him is how I read that

-snip-

Man I misread that. So does this mean they were eating some weird growth on those things, or is it more like dandruff?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Man I misread that. So does this mean they were eating some weird growth on those things, or is it more like dandruff?

The smoke is either just that thick or it became that thick upon condensing.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

You're talking about this in a manga in which hair has devoured a man whole.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

You're talking about this in a manga in which hair has devoured a man whole.

Tommyrod.... :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Don't think of him as 'eaten', just think of him as switching to a career as professional hair extensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
He was deconstructed on a molecular level to become hair!

That frog owns.

• Locked thread