Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

tlarn posted:

I look forward to seeing what the Flesh Prince can do. :allears:

Judging by that picture, he looks board of the whole affair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

GNU Order posted:

Alright boys and girls, we're live

Knock 'em dead!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Grey Hunter posted:

Judging by that picture, he looks board of the whole affair!

Or shocked... HEYO!!!!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 1:siren:
Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs A Team Named Cash (Flare, Khemri)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Beefslab chokes.
And then kicks the poo poo out of everyone.
And then chokes again.

Good job Beefslab. Good job.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Gripping passing game right there.

You guys have good chemistry, great job so far.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
So funny story, I only ever got to play one match of Cyanide Blood Bowl against goons, specifically against GNU Order (I think? It was in early 2013). It was my Lizards against his Humans, and I lost so bad my PC died loading the after-match screen, and I never managed to fix it. That's Blood Bowl~~

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
These guys don't have English accents. Are you sure you're allowed to LP Blood Bowl without English accents?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Zeroisanumber posted:

These guys don't have English accents. Are you sure you're allowed to LP Blood Bowl without English accents?

me and Agent did it. It's fine.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
That's one lonely puppy on the field.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Wait where is your other dog? Did he get a MNG?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

^^^ We'll visit the pound and find MacGruff a friend once I can afford it

Fanzay posted:

So funny story, I only ever got to play one match of Cyanide Blood Bowl against goons, specifically against GNU Order (I think? It was in early 2013). It was my Lizards against his Humans, and I lost so bad my PC died loading the after-match screen, and I never managed to fix it. That's Blood Bowl~~

On the one hand beating somebody so badly it causes their computer to explode sounds like something I'd do, but on the other hand playing Humans doesn't. So, the jury's still out on this one

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Eh, I thought I'd share a story of Nuffle's real world reach. My GPU lit on fire and the PSU melted. That's how hard I lost.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

GNU Order posted:

On the one hand beating somebody so badly it causes their computer to explode sounds like something I'd do, but on the other hand playing Humans doesn't. So, the jury's still out on this one

Maybe it was wrasslehumans or something.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

GNU Order posted:

We'll visit the pound and find MacGruff a friend once I can afford it

Better be named Scruff :colbert:

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

CommaToes posted:

Better be named Scruff :colbert:

I think you mean Seymour :c00lbert:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blackmage Yapo posted:

I think you mean Seymour :c00lbert:

I think you mean Pluto. :colbert:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Man I really hate it when people play khemri poorly, and by poorly I mean differently than I do.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, they mention that the best thing for Khemri do to is cage, when I find that screening works way better. Leads to some hilarious situations where the only option for people defending is to -2db blitz a Tomb Guardian to prevent me from running down the field.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

My khemri strat is more in line with commatoes, I want my tombguardians relatively free to keep screening and annoying key players while I cage with weaker players. Sure a 4 TG cage may be nigh impenetrable, but you have a real hard time moving anywhere and it's easy to go all 8 turns without scoring.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
To be fair, I do kinda harp on the fact that super-slow caging is really bad when you only have 5 turns to score and your ball carrier is AG1 MA4.

Khemri are a team that cannot afford to be stuck in the mud, and this first half was a perfect example of how *not* to Khemri. As Agent355 said, the Tomb Guardian cage is a immobile as it is impenetrable- a cage that moves 5 spaces in 5 turns doesn't get the job done.

That said, Khemri are kinda like Tic-tac-toe. The only winning strategy is not to play them.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

That's a filthy lie, and you know it

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Khemri rules, by far the best tier two team.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Zeroisanumber posted:

I think you mean Pluto. :colbert:

I'd be fine with a Werewolf named Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Think about it.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

I was seriously going to reply to SDS with "Unless you're Veloxyll" but I didn't have links and I thought the reference was a little too inside baseball, or inside blood bowl rather.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Tomb Guardians are the best at dodging. Also at picking up the ball.

Also at intercepting passes.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 9, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Fanzay posted:

Eh, I thought I'd share a story of Nuffle's real world reach. My GPU lit on fire and the PSU melted. That's how hard I lost.

I feel I might have a fun one. My two brothers were playing a game, Orcs versus Humans, it was the last few turns of the last half, One all, and my second brother had his Orcs sitting pretty much in close proximity to my First Brother's touchdown zone with the ball and only a single Human Thrower nearby to contest it. So to get some extra SP for his players, he decides to make an easy hand off, to his Thrower. Completely flubbs it, drops the ball.

The Human Thrower runs up, picks up the ball, and at the time, there was a catcher down the other end of the field, the Thrower straight up Hail Marys that poo poo down the entire length of the pitch, on a 6, and then the ball somehow bounced to the Catcher. He catches it, and touched it down for a 2-1 win.

Sometimes a chance in hell works out really well

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 9, 2014

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
If anyone is interested Gamersgate is having a daily sale on Bloodbowl: Chaos Edition right now.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

TheNabster posted:

I feel I might have a fun one. My two brothers were playing a game, Orcs versus Humans, it was the last few turns of the last half, One all, and my second brother had his Orcs sitting pretty much in close proximity to my First Brother's touchdown zone with the ball and only a single Human Thrower nearby to contest it. So to get some extra SP for his players, he decides to make an easy hand off, to his Thrower. Completely flubbs it, drops the ball.

The Human Thrower runs up, picks up the ball, and at the time, there was a catcher down the other end of the field, the Thrower straight up Hail Marys that poo poo down the entire length of the pitch, on a 6, and then the ball somehow bounced to the Catcher. He catches it, and touched it down for a 2-1 win.

Sometimes a chance in hell works out really well

Sometimes, Bloodbowl refuses to let you roll better than a 1.

Sometimes, it gives you all the 6s you could use and then some.

Petterwass
Oct 2, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

me and Agent did it. It's fine.

As did cKnoor

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I didn't realize so many people were so opinionated about Khemri. Well here's the second half! I'm putting it up a bit early just so we have some more content and we can keep the ball rolling here.

Final Score - Me 1-1 Flare

My Thoughts - Sometimes it only takes one turn to lose total control over a match. Sure I made an ill-advised move or two, but in my defense punching people is more fun than not punching people.

Voting - After every match you get a bit of cash for playing. It's a d6 roll where higher = more money. The winner of the match (in this case there wasn't one) gets to reroll the winnings roll and take the second result if they're not happy with the first one. In this case we hit the jackpot and rolled a 6, netting us 70k in earnings. After every match there's always going to be the opportunity to buy something. In this case, our possible options are

1. Buy a 2nd Ghoul (ill advised because one of the options is way better)
2. Buy a 6th Zombie (even worse than buying a 2nd Ghoul, still ill advised)
3. Save up our money for either the 2nd Werewolf (THIS IS THE OPTION THAT LITERALLY EVERYBODY SHOULD BE IN FAVOR FOR) or a 4th reroll (which we will probably never need or go for)

I already know that the final vote is going to be for #3 - Save Up Our Earnings but since this isn't my team to run, I have to put it up to vote.

What do we do with our money?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Telling me what to vote for? Hmph!

4: Blow it all on cheerleaders

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

3: Recruit Michael J. Wolf

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Save that dough.
:effort:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
3. Recruit Winston Wolf!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
3. Recruit Marmaduke

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

AJ_Impy posted:

Telling me what to vote for? Hmph!

4: Blow it all on cheerleaders

The best choice.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
3. Recruit Warren Zevon

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

There is some subliminal messaging that is telling me that I should vote to 3. Get a Werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Here's another friendly reminder that, if you want to fight the LP team, you can sign up here. There's already plenty of people in line so you might be waiting a bit but I can always use people willing to lose to me on video!

• Locked thread