Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

apostateCourier posted:

Save that dough.
:effort:
:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
As the old saying goes; "A Khemri tie is a Khemri win"

Save for A Dog. Ghouls are loving garbage anyway and zombies are even worse.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Save for a nice little doggy.

Other than Vamps, and to a lesser extent Khemri, does any team really ever need more than 3 rerolls? I guess maybe Khorne to protect against frenzy traps but that seems like a waste.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

You should be punished for deciding to only start with one Werewolf, so 4. Blow your money on Cheerleaders :colbert:

EDIT: For bandwagon jumping.

Pasco fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 9, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My boy Franken-Castle doing his job, getting punched in the face. The fans know it, and he gets a well deserved MVP.

Death to the ghoul.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
2. Get a Zombie! It's only 40k, and if it means you win and/or tie the second and third matches because you're not down players, you're pretty likely to have that sweet werewolf gold within the first 3 games anyway.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Save for a real player, like a werewolf. Everything else is just bloat.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

Telling me what to vote for? Hmph!

4: Blow it all on cheerleaders
I agree with this.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

AJ_Impy posted:

I would never tell you who to vote for. I'm just voicing my opinion. This is a Democracy after all :cheeky:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AJ_Impy posted:

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

AJ_Impy posted:

This, but get a few rear end coaches too.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Save money for Duran Duran.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I should explain what the cheerleaders call is for.

In the match vs Flare, you might remember one of the kickoff events was Brilliant Coaching, and it gives one of (or both of) the players a free reroll. There's another event in the same vein called Cheering Fans. Buying cheerleaders for your team gives you a better chance to get the reroll for Cheering Fans (your cheerleaders get the fans to cheer harder) and buying assistant coaches for your team gives you a better chance at getting the Brilliant Coaching reroll (a good staff helps you out with your coaching).

Generally people don't bother buying any of these (and even the few outliers only pick up one of either or one of each) and they're probably going to be the joke vote option after every match from here till infinity.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
3.) Save up to get Clifford the Big Red Werewolf

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

3. Recruit Winston Wolf!

This is peak badass right here and is stopping me from voting to blow it all on cheerleaders.

Bikindok
May 3, 2012
3. Get a wolf, though really if you end up having to buy cheerleaders it'll be your own fault for starting with only one werewolf.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
As much as loading up on cheerleaders is a pro-tier pick, save for a werewolf.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Get a puppy!

They solve all problems.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Dog yippie yo yippie yay

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Get the wolf.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Save up for Scooby Woo..

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, saving for the second Werewolf is the best move at this point.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Blackmage Yapo posted:

This, but get a few rear end coaches too.

Agreed.

Use a dice roll to figure out how many Cheerleaders and rear end Coaches.

Studman would disagree at your claims of needing Flesh Golems.

Especially since SDS calls it a dicing when Flare's just KOing all the necromantic.
A dicing is when you literally can do nothing. Gnu could've rolled more pows, sure. But he can still do actual things.

Edit: Also, Wolfs are like. MA8. You SO could've one turned. You don't deserve another wolf until you learn how to use your current one properly!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 10, 2014

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Necromantic are the best agi3 OTTD team in the game. Once you get both wolves you can OTTD with wights, ghouls or wolves, whichever has a better chance of succeeding based on the other guys setup. Since Gnu only has one wolf right now he can only OTTD with wolves (requires 9 players on the pitch) or ghouls (requires 10 players on the pitch.) If the opponent doesn't set up to stop a ottd (they won't vs necro) you will succeed:

25% of the time with a RR if you're scoring with a wolf
10% of the time with a RR if you're scoring with a ghoul.
3% of the time with a RR if you're scoring with a wight.

All numbers will go up dramatically if you have juggernaut, grab, catch, sure hands, sure feet, sprint, or guard.

e: Doing dumb stuff like this is why I play skaven.

uPen fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 10, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I assume this involves a ridiculous amount of pushes/frenzy/not getting dicefucked?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

I assume this involves a ridiculous amount of pushes/frenzy/not getting dicefucked?

Always roll pushes is the mantra of one turning.

I hosed up One turning as Khemri because I forgot to turn off Grab once :(

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

how does pushing help with a one-turn-touchdown?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Fumbles posted:

The objective is to set up on the line of scrimmage in such a way that you can blitz their line into your own, chain pushing your guys up the field enough that they can sprint the rest of the way.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Get a dog.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Fumbles posted:

When you push an opponent after a block you pick one of the three empty squares behind them to move them to. When all three squares have players you pick one of those players and push them as well to make room for the guy you hit. Most one turns rely on doing this repeatedly to an opposing player in an attempt to push one of your players over the line of scrimmage into scoring range, so naturally rolling anything other than a push would knock the opposing(or your) player down, ending your ability to use them to push your dude forward

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fumbles posted:

Right what you need to do is move a guy up some squares, it usually works like this - should be self-explanatory (obviously you have to pass to the ball carrier you move up the spaces at the end), although it doesn't account for the normal wall of tackle zones at the other end, nor for tricky LoS/back of LoS stuff:

IIRC Werewolves need 3 squares rather than 2 unless they have Sprint/plus-MA, and 2 squares is comparatively a piece of cake.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I like Dogs. Save for a dog.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cheerleaders

Although I wouldn't cry if you only bought one and then saved for a wolf. Just making you have a single little model on the sideline to be bitch about getting voted in is enough for me.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Get that dog. Name it Winston. I have no idea what's happening but I'm intrigued so far. What exactly happened at the end there to make everything fall apart?

OG Necromancer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 10, 2014

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
If you don't name the dog Atomic, I don't even

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Voting Closed:siren:
When the votes actually matter I'll probably post advance warnings of the cutoff for voting.

In this case I'm gonna go ahead and wrap it up, we're saving our money for now.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GNU Order posted:

:siren:Voting Closed:siren:
When the votes actually matter I'll probably post advance warnings of the cutoff for voting.

In this case I'm gonna go ahead and wrap it up, we're saving our money for now.

You're going to be so sorry you don't have cheerleaders when you lose the Cheering Fans event when it happens once every other game or so.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I welcome anybody to document and tally up the cases where a single cheerleader would give me a reroll

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh and I may as well ask after the 0TTD chainpush derail, is there anybody still interested in the idea of tutorial-style videos discussing the game a bit more in-depth?

The kind of stuff SDS and I aren't going to get into in the videos. This first match we covered a lot more of the basic stuff but there's still a lot left unsaid. Mostly number stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GNU Order posted:

I welcome anybody to document and tally up the cases where a single cheerleader would give me a reroll

I'm your man. I'm going to record every time you run out of RR during a drive where a cheerleader would have gotten you an extra one.

• Locked thread