Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldpainless posted:

If a wrestler wants to look good their first and only call really should be Batista.

They should go to Nick Bockwinkel for hair tips:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Then don't say it looks fine when it clearly doesn't. He isn't the first wrestler to wear a suit on the red carpet, and there have been plenty of pictures of wrestlers in nicely tailored suits. There have been more of guys in just off the rack ones, but at least it looked like they spent money. He's at some red carpet event not looking particularly good.

Now there's a man who knows how to look good, oh Mark.

Edit: That suit gets funnier every time I see it. That really was the perfect segment.

It doesn't look 'fine' by YLLS standards, but it looks okay by just about anyone else's. Tiny details that you can barely verify (the fabric 'looks cheap'? Okay buddy) don't make it ugly. What possible detail do you see, other than the tailoring that that suit didn't 'cost money'? The combination of how he's standing and the bottom button being done up is obviously not going to flatter him but it's neither hanging off him nor is it too tight. I have seen way, way, way worse suits on way bigger legit movie stars on red carpets.

Now this is a motherfucker that has a tailor.

e: I will agree that that outfit is screaming for a pocket square though

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

gently caress that watermark.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
A website called WrestlingInvestments.com should really just have big flashing text saying "DON'T DO IT!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It doesn't look 'fine' by YLLS standards, but it looks okay by just about anyone else's. Tiny details that you can barely verify (the fabric 'looks cheap'? Okay buddy) don't make it ugly. What possible detail do you see, other than the tailoring that that suit didn't 'cost money'? The combination of how he's standing and the bottom button being done up is obviously not going to flatter him but it's neither hanging off him nor is it too tight. I have seen way, way, way worse suits on way bigger legit movie stars on red carpets.

Now this is a motherfucker that has a tailor.

e: I will agree that that outfit is screaming for a pocket square though

I have never posted in YLLS and I'm not sure I've ever even visited that subforum. I'm glad to hear there is a place on this forum where people care about men's fashion though! We aren't talking about some high standard here. It's not even particularly small details, we've all seen suits, we know how the wrists and ankles should look. When I was old enough to button my own suit I knew the cuff should show. You don't even need to go to a tailor for that, just spend more than five minutes in JC Penney.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

oldpainless posted:

If a wrestler wants to look good their first and only call really should be Batista.

Batista's reaction to that suit:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can we not bring YLLS into the Wrestling Picture thread? If he's not accessorizing with a cowboy hat or anything camouflauge and that's a bowtie under his jacket and not a t-shirt referencing eating one's lunch or calling me a jackass for looking at the wrong side he's doing better than 100% of the people pictured here, Tajiri included.

And my rear end has literally detached from my body due to laughter if you think Quacko has $100 to spare on a tailor.

Then don't call it fine when it's obvious it isn't. I'm sure Quack could find someone to at least hem his pants for cheap/free.

Viper_3000 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 9, 2014

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Fashion is stupid and I'm eternally sorry that I ever said anything about it Mike Quackenbush (allegedly) has a small penis.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I don't know who Mike Quackenbush is/was so I googled him. Was his gimmick to look as indy as possible? His attire fits ever stereotype of a backyard wrestler, wtf

e; of course he wrestled in CZW

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Why spend 100 dollars at a tailor when that money could be used to pay Green Ant for 10 shows?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't know who Mike Quackenbush is/was so I googled him. Was his gimmick to look as indy as possible? His attire fits ever stereotype of backyard wrestler, wtf

His gimmick was that he was the world's most indieresting man. Trash bag pants, lots of moves with numbers after them, flips, working injured, he had it all.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

He's a "technical wrestler," unlike Shawn Michaels, who had a terrible match with Bryan Danielson in ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

He's a "technical wrestler," unlike Shawn Michaels, who had a terrible match with Bryan Danielson in ROH.

I liked that match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I have never posted in YLLS and I'm not sure I've ever even visited that subforum. I'm glad to hear there is a place on this forum where people care about men's fashion though! We aren't talking about some high standard here. It's not even particularly small details, we've all seen suits, we know how the wrists and ankles should look. When I was old enough to button my own suit I knew the cuff should show. You don't even need to go to a tailor for that, just spend more than five minutes in JC Penney.

I'm just comparing it to people I've personally seen walking red carpets and I've seen a drat sight worse than that for bigger movies and bigger stars. Nine times out of ten a bad picture has to do with how they're standing than the suit itself. Trying to determine the fit of it when he's wearing it wrong and standing with his legs spread like that is silly.

(this latter one is a case of bad suits)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm just comparing it to people I've personally seen walking red carpets and I've seen a drat sight worse than that for bigger movies and bigger stars. Nine times out of ten a bad picture has to do with how they're standing than the suit itself. Trying to determine the fit of it when he's wearing it wrong and standing with his legs spread like that is silly.

(this latter one is a case of bad suits)

That's fair enough. In the grand scheme of things it's not a terrible look, but when I saw the picture I saw it as Quack thinking he was hot poo poo and well dressed which made me laugh. Those actors look like they couldn't give half a poo poo about the event they are at or how they look, so I give them more of a pass.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey, you can always do worse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey, you can always do worse.

I never noticed his shirt before now. It's like yankeefans.gif, something new every time.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

MassRafTer posted:

I never noticed his shirt before now. It's like yankeefans.gif, something new every time.

Fanny Pack.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That was my old favorite part.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

We are all one

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Did we ignore that this "red carpet" was for the premiere screening of the low budget "film" that Quack made to explain Chikara's downtime? The entire thing is low end posing as high end, including his state of dress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OGB posted:

Did we ignore that this "red carpet" was for the premiere screening of the low budget "film" that Quack made to explain Chikara's downtime? The entire thing is low end posing as high end, including his state of dress.

I did not realize this. I assumed it was something involving his Fox News buddies.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
He's very handsome.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sunsweet posted:

He's very handsome.

Unbolievable

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

Stephanie McMahon thinks he looks like Jacob from Twilight or some poo poo, and who are we to argue?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

What a Botastrophe

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I hope he tries to join the Shield and the four of them get into wacky hijinks until they reluctantly let him in.

BO-lieve in the Shield.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

:qq: I gave you cookies!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I hope he tries to join the Shield and the four of them get into wacky hijinks until they reluctantly let him in.

BO-lieve in the Shield.

Nah, I want him to be an unwitting pawn for Evolution. He's just so glad to be helping Mr. Triple H and being a good example for all these crazy kids :v:

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010

sunsweet posted:

Stephanie McMahon thinks he looks like Jacob from Twilight or some poo poo, and who are we to argue?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What the gently caress is the deal with putting mustaches on everything? Can it stop? I don't get it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with putting mustaches on everything? Can it stop? I don't get it.

That's the thing about in-jokes, for people like you who don't get it, they're baffling and irritating, but for people who do, like me, they are the funniest loving thing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Phenix Rising posted:

They make Bo's weird face look less weird.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I mean, I can see a slight resemblance to Jacob from Twilight, but not enough that I'd say he looks like him

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

maybe whine about it instead jk just kidding

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

epitasis posted:

maybe whine about it instead jk just kidding

I just don't see the point in continually reposting a bunch of images with an added mustache on it. I'd rather see, you know, real content in a thread than the same joke being run into the ground. But that's usually par for the course here anyway.

For content, here's a guy with a mustache he grew himself and my current desktop background.

(big size here: http://imgur.com/KcU9x66)

CombineThresher posted:

They make Bo's weird face look less weird.

There is nothing that can make this statement true.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 10, 2014

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I also hate the Bo mustache thing and look forward to the day it ends.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

put mustaches on these babies' avatars imo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Here's some pictures I took tonight. My camera sucks and I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like to believe the title isn't so much advice as JBL threatening you that the next time he sees you you better have some more goddam money somehow.