Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sticklefifer posted:

His father dying, yes, but a honeymoon isn't really unforeseen. It actually isn't really a good idea for a major star to get married on Mania week, but it's not like I'm going to criticize him for that.

To be fair at the time he picked the date he wasn't exactly expecting to be main eventing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

His father dying, yes, but a honeymoon isn't really unforeseen. It actually isn't really a good idea for a major star to get married on Mania week, but it's not like I'm going to criticize him for that.

It's not really a big deal because the Raw after WM is the second biggest of the year and you can do a hot angle to write them out for a few weeks.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

MassRafTer posted:

It's not really a big deal because the Raw after WM is the second biggest of the year and you can do a hot angle to write them out for a few weeks.

What's the biggest?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

What's the biggest?

Usually the Raw after the Rumble in terms of audience. In terms of things happening it actually is the Raw after WM but the NCAA Finals usually means the audience isn't as big.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

Plus, it's awkward to watch the old, then follow the new, and realize that there is a difference.

This sentence is going to give me an aneurysm.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So glad they won't cover Global Force Wrestling. The more paranoid and isolationist the better from a lolz POV.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Someone on TSE forums is pissed at AJ winning the IWGP Championship

quote:

I have to say I don't support the decision by NJPW to give him the belt, even if I am an AJ Styles fan (and I'm not).

I never really liked Styles, to be honest. While I'll give him credit that he IS a good wrestler, I don't think he's as great as most of his fans make him out to be, calling him one of the greatest/best of all time, etc.

When I look at AJ Styles, I see a guy who has been massively and excessively pushed throughout his career.

In early ROH, from 2002 to 2006, he was blatantly shoved down the throats of the ROH crowds, almost always winning (defeating Punk 3 times in a row, defeating Danielson twice, defeating the Briscoes 3 times in a row, winning a Tag Team Scramble without even having a tag partner, etc).

And as for how he was over-pushed in TNA, I'll just say this; by the time TNA was even 3 years old (2005), Styles had already won every single championship in the company at LEAST twice.

And now, barely a month after he arrived in NJPW, he was given a title shot and subsequent victory, ending the year-long reign of Okada.

His career aside, I also have very little respect for Styles when it comes to his attitude. The guy has a bad history of almost always refusing to put other people over, to a point where he would almost never eat the pin in a tag match if his team is booked to lose.

I was disgusted by the match he had against Davey Richards at ROH Death Before Dishonour IV.
At the time, Richards was new to ROH, and other wrestlers who, like AJ, were also strongly booked in the company did their best to put him over and make him look good (Strong, Aries, the Briscoes, even KENTA).
Styles would not sell a single move from Richards, not even a DDT on the floor. Richards eventually retaliated by doing the same thing and refusing to sell for him as well.

During the ROH Milestone series, when Styles and Matt Sydal were in a tag match against two Dragon Gate wrestlers, one of whom was Dragon Kid, Styles refused to sell anything from Kid and behaved very disrespectfully throughout the entire match.

I would go so far as to say that I think Styles is worse than Low Ki. At least during a match, Ki would be professional enough to sell the offense of his opponent even if he's refusing to lose to him.

And from what I've heard, when he returned to ROH in 2013, Styles has almost always refused to put over anybody in ROH when the company could have really used a high-profile veteran who would be willing to do so for the younger talent. I was glad that ROH made him put over Michael Elgin.

I don't hate him, but I very little respect for the man. I do think he IS a good wrestler, but not so good that he deserves to be pushed to the moon like this.

I hope NJPW won't over-push him like TNA and ROH have and give in to his refusal to put over other wrestlers, but seeing how they just handed him the belt barely a month after he got in, it looks like Styles is going to be massively pushed AGAIN...
:lol: AJ worse than Low Ki

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

So glad they won't cover Global Force Wrestling. The more paranoid and isolationist the better from a lolz POV.

There's only so many fans in t-shirts you can retweet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Someone on TSE forums is pissed at AJ winning the IWGP Championship

:lol: AJ worse than Low Ki

And no poo poo TNA pushed him hard, considering until they got Joe (and after they hosed Joe up) he was the closest thing they had to a homegrown superstar.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That is a really stupid wrestling fan opinion.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Aj is no longer in TNA, therefore TNA was correct to let him go, therefore AJ is really bad. It makes perfect sense

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Aj is no longer in TNA, therefore TNA was correct to let him go, therefore AJ is really bad. It makes perfect sense

"Sure, maybe Eric isn't as pretty as AJ, but he thinks we're beautiful, and he loves us and he's never leaving, and that's what matters!"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WWE put a video up of the Statue of Liberty from Mania 29 being brought to the Warehouse and the top comment and its replies caught my eye.

quote:

What did Dolph Ziggler & Damien Sandow say &/or do to deserve getting buried by a John Cena?

- Cena didnt bury them its all creative
- Mfw Cena never buried them, it's the WWE writers that wrote them off. Imo, Ziggler got a push when he had that rivalry with John Cena in end of 2012/early 2013.

It's all creative you marks :smug:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

njsykora posted:

WWE put a video up of the Statue of Liberty from Mania 29 being brought to the Warehouse and the top comment and its replies caught my eye.

It's all creative you marks :smug:

He didn't bury them though. They clearly had a plan for Sandow when they were teaming him with the Real Americans and Cena was teaming with the Rhodes, and then they decided that they were unifying the world titles and that got kiboshed.

Zigglers burial was just concussions, and him being an idiot on Twitter, but he was Dead on Return.

Not that youtube comments are any source of intelligence, we could fill up the entire thread with them.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
While it isn't TERRIBLE right now, you should keep an eye on this site:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/

It's a site ran by Vince Russo, and he's hiring people to write articles for him. I can only imagine how this will go.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

While it isn't TERRIBLE right now, you should keep an eye on this site:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/

It's a site ran by Vince Russo, and he's hiring people to write articles for him. I can only imagine how this will go.

The first article is up , and it is worse than anything you could imagine (it's about seasoning packets at McDonalds)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tharizdun posted:

The first article is up , and it is worse than anything you could imagine (it's about seasoning packets at McDonalds)

He seems to be confusing change with optional extras, which confirms this is a genuine Vince Russo.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Tharizdun posted:

/nothing-acred-anymore/

Off to a good start. Also, a JavaScript prompt when you try to close a window. Consider this steaming pile of hot garbage on my blacklist.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He says what we're all thinking.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

oldpainless posted:

He says what we're all thinking.

Vince Russo, a man paid professionally to write posted:

When I was growing up you almost needed to use TWO hands to eat a Hostess fruit pie. grant it–-my hands were much smaller at the time, but trust me–-the tasty treat was MUCH BIGGER!!!
It's "granted."

This is a man who is a stupid wrestling fan, for all intensive purposes. :thejoke:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Tharizdun posted:

It's "granted."

This is a man who is a stupid wrestling fan, for all intensive purposes. :thejoke:
Stupid wrestling fans are a diamond dozen.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Anyone who gave that dude money to write anything should be blackballed from every industry.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Most of the comments on my upload of "Shadow Warriors" starring Hulk Hogan and Carl Weathers are spam, but the other day I got a true gem.

That's not Hulk Hogan, that's Terry Bollea - actual Navy SEAL

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Most of the comments on my upload of "Shadow Warriors" starring Hulk Hogan and Carl Weathers are spam, but the other day I got a true gem.

That's not Hulk Hogan, that's Terry Bollea - actual Navy SEAL

Did you correct him and let him know he was thinking of Jesse Ventura?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Did you correct him and let him know he was thinking of Jesse Ventura?

I prefer the unsullied stupidity. observe and report

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Myself and someone on Youtube

Testekill

Considering that TNA is a clusterfuck right now that can barely pay people while guys like PAC and El Generico are being heavily pushed in NXT, why would he go to TNA? His match with PAC a couple of years ago was essentially what got PAC hired and Devitt has only improved since then.

Andre Corbeil

wwe in ring pace is to slow to suit sudden athletes like devitt. they even slowed reys style in 2001 

Testekill

That was 13 years ago. Rey had already suffered a few knee injures.by the time he joined WCW and it only got worse from there.

Plus, once more they're using guys like Tyler Black, Pac, El Generico without neutering their styles. Black is part of the heaviest pushed team in years after all while PAC is NXT champion.

Andre Corbeil

so are you denying that the match pace is slower in wwe. that is why their ring is slightly bigger & the ring size hasnt changed in 13 years so whats kane & wcw have to do with the speed & pace of the product?

Testekill

The match style is slower and safer so that the wrestlers can cope with the wear and tear as well as so that the big moves can feel more important.
If you bust out a shooting star press in every match then the crowd are going to get sick of it. But if you only do them every so often then they mean alot more. Cesaro doesn't bust out the swiss death or the Alphamere Waterslide in every match so it then counts more when it gets used.

And what the gently caress are you talking about Kane for? Tyler Black is Seth Rollins aka part of the shield aka the stable that has had two match of the year cantidates already.

Andre Corbeil7:38 PM

if you cant control the language like an adult you are not welcome here! good bye

Andre Corbeil

ps kane was a google voice text blunder if you wanna know why i mentioned kane! sometimes it doesnt register the right spoken word 

Andre Corbeil

i wont block you but in the future please keep it respectful. this is a channel for all ages

Testekill

So tell me why Devitt would be better off in TNA? Their only good high flyers are Sanada & Tigre Uno while the WWE has PAC, El Genercio, Samuray is an amazing flyer, Daniel Bryan works well with high flyers and Seth Black is good at it also. So he can get paid and he has much better people to work with. Not to mention that KENTA is coming to the WWE soon also.

There's a reason why Jesse Neal had to apply for food stamps while working for TNA, why Jesse Sorensen got fired as soon as the statute of limitations had expired for being able to sue for injury, why any talented people who won't work for a tiny amount of money are getting fired. Because TNA is a basketcase.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Testekill. NEVER argue with someone on youtube.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Onmi posted:

Testekill. NEVER argue with someone on youtube.

But how else is he supposed to show PSP how much smarter he is? :smug:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm not real sure which of those is the person I'm supposed to be shaking my head at.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Testekill posted:

So tell me why Devitt would be better off in TNA? Their only good high flyers are Sanada & Tigre Uno while the WWE has PAC, El Genercio, Samuray is an amazing flyer, Daniel Bryan works well with high flyers and Seth Black is good at it also.

Rollins is his Slave Name, I take it?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Mob posted:

I'm not real sure which of those is the person I'm supposed to be shaking my head at.

If you have to ask this, it's both.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Rollins is his Slave Name, I take it?

Nah, I was pretty much assuming that the dude would just ignore me actually using their WWE names. Because, you know, Youtube. I was pretty annoyed at the football at the time so I was essentially venting on some poor schmuck.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Testekill posted:

Nah, I was pretty much assuming that the dude would just ignore me actually using their WWE names. Because, you know, Youtube. I was pretty annoyed at the football at the time so I was essentially venting on some poor schmuck.

Tell me more.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wrestling fans are terrible terrible people.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2057476-cm-punk-becomes-the-latest-victim-of-wrestling-fans-obsessiveness-in-retirement

If anything in that article is true (and it wouldn't shock me), then yes I am disappointed (NOT SHOCKED) about how fans are reacting with Punk.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Having a panic attack here:
http://www.tnamecca.com

Where's the comment section gone? Do you have to sign up for an account now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Having a panic attack here:
http://www.tnamecca.com

Where's the comment section gone? Do you have to sign up for an account now?

Do you mean for each post? They seem to run on some program that loads the comments rather than being built into the site itself. You might need to update something to see them? Unless there was a full comment section for the site, if there was I have no clue.

Edit: I really liked their update about Kazarian.

quote:

REPORT: Kazarian Finished with TNA

Richard Gray of Wrestling News World is reporting that Kazarian finished up with the company as the One Night Only PPV taping this past weekend was his last with TNA. This is not surprising as we expected his contract to expire soon. Kazarian will soon join Christopher Daniels in free agency. In a way, I'm glad this day has come as the entire process has been one big distraction for TNA fans. Bad Influence can now move on to the next phase of their career and TNA can do so as well.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 12, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
The end of that quote sounds like Tim Buckley talking about miscarriages.

Losing Kazarian is often harder on the fan than on the TNA.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

The end of that quote sounds like Tim Buckley talking about miscarriages.

Losing Kazarian is often harder on the fan than on the TNA.

Kazarian has to move past and heal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Wrestling fans are terrible terrible people.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2057476-cm-punk-becomes-the-latest-victim-of-wrestling-fans-obsessiveness-in-retirement

If anything in that article is true (and it wouldn't shock me), then yes I am disappointed (NOT SHOCKED) about how fans are reacting with Punk.

Easter Candy in my mailbox would be cool. Until it melted on my WWE downside check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's pretty creepy to track down a guy's address and then teach your kid it's okay to stalk someone and shove things into his mail slot. Mail it to him if you really just can't resist, but don't come to his front door.