Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Who are the Spurs going to take with the 28th/29th pick and turn into the 2016 runner-up for Sixth Man of the Year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Who are the Spurs going to take with the 28th/29th pick and turn into the 2016 runner-up for Sixth Man of the Year?

Marshall Henderson.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is Glenn Robinson III still considered a high potential player? He disappeared in so many games, and he really needs to tighten his handle, and learn to make 3s. Yet he remains a long athletic wing.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WEREWAIF posted:

Is Glenn Robinson III still considered a high potential player? He disappeared in so many games, and he really needs to tighten his handle, and learn to make 3s. Yet he remains a long athletic wing.

Sure. The liklihood of him actually reaching that potential just doesn't seem as high as it did this time last year. People figured he'd improve this season and then he didn't.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

Marshall Henderson.

Nooo Pop would ruin Henderson by turning him into a well behaved and productive member of society.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

Marshall Henderson.

If he somehow makes the NBA, he needs to be on the same team as LeBron.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

chunkles posted:

Nooo Pop would ruin Henderson by turning him into a well behaved and productive member of society.

Pop wasn't able to tame Jackson and Manu still does crazy poo poo. Marshall would be fine.

:getin:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
is marshall henderson actually even remotely good

if only we had some writeups...

(i assume the answer is no and there's no point in writing up a future used car salesman like marshall but i demand writeups for all the interesting guys like pj and marshall and that bogdan bogdan dude and lil b. we all know that wiggins is good; let's talk about cool people)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This .gif is all you need to know about Henderson:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/21617167/afternoon-delight-weird-saturday-so-far-let-us-count-the-ways-

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

I doubt they are just leaving it all up random internet strangers. See if anyone out there gives them anything slightly interesting for free and get some publicity out of it. Worst case, you disregard everything and just use your own data. Best case, you find some diamond in the rough to add to your front office.

Most likely case, Declan and dokmo get jobs in Sacramento

This is actually what I have been doing instead of writing draft profiles for you guys, I've been dropping hot draft tips in the Kings' suggestion box along with sternly worded reprimands about firing Rick Adelman

Time posted:

I really don't have much to contribute to the draft threads so I don't post in them much but I feel the need to let you know that I appreciate the effort that you put in making them Declan.

this is the wrong edition of this thread for that :shobon:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

is marshall henderson actually even remotely good

if only we had some writeups...

(i assume the answer is no and there's no point in writing up a future used car salesman like marshall but i demand writeups for all the interesting guys like pj and marshall and that bogdan bogdan dude and lil b. we all know that wiggins is good; let's talk about cool people)

Cool people is what I'm all about (he got worse after last year and his shot selection isn't the greatest, he's a longshot to make the league at all much less be drafted)

He also makes noted cool forums poster Ehud real mad

There is a lot to unpack here and it's only like the third best Henderson gif

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spacebump posted:

If he somehow makes the NBA, he needs to be on the same team as Kobe.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Declan MacManus posted:

There is a lot to unpack here and it's only like the third best Henderson gif

You can't say this and not post the others c'mon man

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Holy poo poo we have to somehow get this guy. I've never heard of him before that .gif but I need Marshall Henderson on the same team as Matt Barnes.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

spamman posted:

Holy poo poo we have to somehow get this guy. I've never heard of him before that .gif but I need Marshall Henderson on the same team as Matt Barnes.

As far as I know he's hit some clutch shots and gets in trouble for ketamine/coke/everything else but aside from that he's not good enough for the NBA.

I've watched that .gif hundreds of times over the years, lots of dudes yellin' gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU at him, somebody throws an umbrella, several girls can't believe what's happened, but mostly the happy white-shirt man on the right and beard guy on the left seem like cool dudes. Henderson also looks glassy-eyed during the game but that can happen from adrenaline. But then I knew some college basketball types who would get coked up for their games, white folks have their odd ways about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAruOdZo0oE

This was his 3P celebration for a while:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's pretty good. His stats look weird because he has to do all the shooting for his team and shoots almost nothing but threes. He is also hilarious and an all time great college basketball character. He's not going to make the NBA though, tragically.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/the-teams-have-been-announced-for-the-basketball-tournament/

His ultimate destiny is to win this with Hakim Warrick anyway.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I feel like there should be some sort of system where if you have an amusing enough on court personality that some NBA team has to give you a 2-3 year deal.

I guess he can still be pissing off opposition fans in Europe/Australia or something.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

spamman posted:

I feel like there should be some sort of system where if you have an amusing enough on court personality that some NBA team has to give you a 2-3 year deal.

I guess he can still be pissing off opposition fans in Europe/Australia or something.

I really like imagining him teaming up with Ivan Johnson, traveling around the world playing basketball and getting in trouble.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Henderson also outed himself as human trash (surprise) by tweeting poo poo about Michael Sam, so.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Marshall Henderson can do no wrong in my eyes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mynameisjohn posted:

Marshall Henderson can do no wrong in my eyes.

He kinda did wrong though.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Well there goes my hopes for A Heel To Root For. Maybe LeBron will go back to being an attitude era wrestler.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

He kinda did wrong though.

Marshall Henderson is just a series of computer generated GIFs and not a real person, imo

Time posted:

You can't say this and not post the others c'mon man

bonus:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Marshall Henderson is up-there on the "athlete most likely to change his name to something weird and get away with it power-rankings"

I feel like he should change his legal name to cocaine cowboy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Here are some profiles with player comps which I loving hate but which you dudes seem to want so here they are

A DOPE rear end BUNCH OF POINT GUARDS

Dante Exum (Intl. '95, Australia)

PG/SG, 6'6, 188 lbs.

Pros: Very athletic, outstanding physical profile, Australian combo guard which is very in right now, adorable, great handle, adept at finishing in traffic, skilled at creating space, gifted passer, can play on or off the ball

Cons: Very little footage exists of him so it's one of those "foreign bigfoot" deals. Not the greatest shooter right now. The closest comp for him is probably a taller Russell Westbrook so some dumb idiots are going to be bitching about him every time he plays. Tends to create offense for himself first and foremost. Mediocre free throw shooter. I like him a lot so it's bound to blow up in my face.

Player comp that is a reflection of playstyle and not of overall potential: Russell Westbrook/Dwyane Wade

Marcus Smart (So., OkSt)

PG, 6'4, 225 lbs.

Pros: Built like a Mack truck, wisely decided to ignore an open LeBryan Nash for one and a half years, gifted rebounder, excellent at disrupting passing lanes, projects as a great defender, improved turnovers between freshman and sophomore year

Cons: Shoots the ball like he's having a muscle spasm. Punched a white guy one time. Poor shot selection. Projects best in a halfcourt offense and how boring is that?

Player comp that is a reflection of playstyle and not of overall potential: I guess Gary Payton? Or maybe Tim Hardaway post-knee surgery.

Tyler Ennis (Fr., Cuse)

PG, 6'2, 180 lbs.

Pros: Babyfaced PGs from Syracuse are also very in, Pure Point Guard TM, racks up steals, gifted passer, skilled in the pick and roll, excellent at using screens and directing an offense, excellent court vision

Cons: Pushes off, like, constantly. A weak man-to-man defender, even for a Syracuse guy. Spotty shooter. Terrible finisher.

Player comp that is a reflection of playstyle and not of overall potential: Greivis Vasquez

Elfrid Payton (So., ULL)

PG, 6'4, 165 lbs.

Pros: Probably the best lateral quickness of anyone in this draft class, fun hair, skilled at creating his own shot in isolation and in pick and roll situations, fantastic at getting to the rim, excellent defender, great court vision, a very young sophomore, ~*~*~*~explosive~*~*~*~

Cons: Can be careless with the ball. Not a good finisher or shooter. Skinny. Unselfish to a fault at times. Poor free throw shooter. Didn't play much in the way of competition. Maybe too chill.

Player comp that is a reflection of playstyle and not of overall potential: Ty Lawson

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Thanks for the writeups and the style comparison. I haven't actually watched most of these guys so the pros/cons with the comps helps me to visualize how they play.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tyler Ennis isn't a spotty shooter. He is a pretty spotty finisher around the basket which is concerning, but he's a good shooter.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan, please do a write-up of Dope rear end Big Men Who Can Play Next To Cousins. Please go all the way until Adreian Payne

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 12, 2014

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is there anywhere can you read old draft comps

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

WYA posted:

Is there anywhere can you read old draft comps

Nbadraft.net for hilarious ones

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Time posted:

Nothing will ever be funnier than that time nbadraft.net compared DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Nothing will ever be funnier than that time nbadraft.net compared DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan.

Maybe they were just looking at it from an rear end in a top hat point of view

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Time posted:

Darius Miles -> Tracy McGrady

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Declan, please do a write-up of Dope rear end Big Men Who Can Play Next To Cousins. Please go all the way until Adreian Payne

You're getting Noah Vonleh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MourningView posted:

Their Mike Miller to Lamar Odom comparison was pretty funny too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe they were just looking at it from an rear end in a top hat point of view

Even considering it from that aspect, DeShawn still didn't reach his potential.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

maybe too chill: the elfrid payton story is going to be my life's work when he's out of the nba in 8 years and becomes a successful painter or something

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

roundmidnight posted:

Henderson also outed himself as human trash (surprise) by tweeting poo poo about Michael Sam, so.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...el-sam-coverage
marshall henderson
@NativeFlash22
One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses ... TBC

The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people ... TBC

He chose gays because of how he relates to it and has to live it EVERYDAY of his life ... He asked me because he knew I would get incredible

As far as what I said, Totally was 100% for the project ... as far as my ACTUAL views - its irrelevant because its gonna happen regardless!

Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!! Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...el-sam-coverage
marshall henderson
@NativeFlash22
One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses ... TBC

The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people ... TBC

He chose gays because of how he relates to it and has to live it EVERYDAY of his life ... He asked me because he knew I would get incredible

As far as what I said, Totally was 100% for the project ... as far as my ACTUAL views - its irrelevant because its gonna happen regardless!

Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!! Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!
This being Marshall Henderson it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he was actually telling the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's at least more creative than I GOT HACKED

• Locked thread