Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

I've seen ads on the forums for the PPV. That's gotta be buying a whole 1 buy.

Jones vs Teixeira just did 350k buys. There's no way anybody who isn't a hardcore fan of MMA is buying a B-league PPV right now so I think not spending a lot on commercials and such was the smart thing to do. The smarter thing would have been to never do PPV in the first place, but the horse is already out of the barn

I'll give Bellator this, this is the first PPV in ages where I've actually been curious to see what kind of business it does. Meaning whether it will be bad or really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

MassRafTer posted:

I'll give Bellator this, this is the first PPV in ages where I've actually been curious to see what kind of business it does. Meaning whether it will be bad or really bad.

I bet it doesn't beat the numbers the Invicta iPPVs did.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Also it's not going to help them that Patricky Putbull hurt his hand and isn't fighting next weekened.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I hope it does Baroni/Shamrock Fedor/Lindland numbers so I don't have to hear "Bellator" and "PPV" in the same sentence anymore except as a cautionary proverb.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:live:spike.com:8d9592e4-273d-4e14-8c9f-2b9ad00fc380

Fights are happening.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Cool Beans.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Also it's not going to help them that Patricky Putbull hurt his hand and isn't fighting next weekened.

Is there actually a guy named Putbull? I must know.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Captain Log posted:

Is there actually a guy named Putbull? I must know.

no

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"That's Des Green fighting tonight, what's his outlook like, Jimmy?"
"Well, when I was in the jacuzzi with him and his mom,"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

danggggg that ko

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Nice drat knee

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Nice drat knee

super nice!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

For a guy named "Guard Yo Grill" he most certainly did not

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

GOITI YAMAUCHI GONNA FIGHT NEXT WEEK! :woop: :supaburn:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Nice drat knee

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

I love they hype for these fighters as we look at a roster of the next fight card instead of, say, highlights.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
"Bellator is not big enough for Rampage and King Mo."

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
So apparently Mo's training at ATT now and sparring with Glover. Rampage is training with "his team", which apparently includes Mayhem.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Holy poo poo Jason Miller is still alive?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

So apparently Mo's training at ATT now and sparring with Glover. Rampage is training with "his team", which apparently includes Mayhem.

Is there a more perfect training partner for Rampage? Hell, there may be no more perfect life partner.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

squarerandom posted:

Holy poo poo Jason Miller is still alive?

And out of prison?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
What happened to sandro vs a child?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Tyree posted:

What happened to the prelim fatties?

Bellator decided to run a 30 minute commercial for their poo poo ppv and then leave 19 minutes of dead air instead

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tyree posted:

Probably became the post-show dark match because Bellator is stupid.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Probably became the post-show dark match because Bellator is stupid.

Hahah not even, Bellator is loving incompetent

It was going on the entire time they were showing that stupid loving commercial

quote:

@jordanbreen 3m
Marlon Sandro takes well-earned UD (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) over Chris Horodecki. Horodecki threw lots, landed little, got hurt, almost tapped.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

That was literally the only fight on the card I was interested in tonight, what the gently caress Bellator

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Fentry posted:

That was literally the only fight on the card I was interested in tonight, what the gently caress Bellator

quote:

@jimmysmithmma 21m @CrooklynMMA Not sure. Sandro-Horodecki won't be aired
@jimmysmithmma 56s @HelloJapan1 My condolences. Don't know what the issue was

At least it's time for fatties

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Hahah that headbutt

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

heabutt lol

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
lmao that headbutt

e:haha starting them standing wtf

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 10, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Haha, ref restarting them on the feet after the foul. What a loving incompetent, A+++ job Ontario

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gonna get a drawwwww :v:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

God i hope so

quote:

‏@bokamotoESPN 2m
Somewhere, some overweight 6'2'' guy at a bar is saying "Well I can do that." A career might have just been born. Inspirational stuff.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

It should've been a point deduction, anyway

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
This has turned from a good bad heavyweight fight to a bad bad heavyweight fight.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
referee should make fart sounds while announcing the 28-28s (and then recuse himself from ever working in the sport again)

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

This was more worthy of being on television or even aired in any capacity than the Sandro/Horodecki fight

:ortiz:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Don Frye selling me insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

‏@jimmysmithmma 1m
That fight was confusing in a LOT of ways

Even the commentary team is tweeting about how poo poo that was

• Locked thread